Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trader Woes - 12/12 - ME part 2

Comments

• FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    MED #8 Voy #101

voy #101 sounds bad, but with that stat combo he is more likely to get a seat than my plethora of sec/cmd/??? crew.

Something that caught my eye: He's the second-highest base stats, for a Physician (Second to Pollard), and fourth-highest average (Cheesecake Seven, Warship EMA, and Pollard are higher)
    And a Physician with the highest ENG skill. That trait keeps dropping for me in my voyages as of late.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Flemming wrote: »
    MED #8 Voy #101

voy #101 sounds bad, but with that stat combo he is more likely to get a seat than my plethora of sec/cmd/??? crew.

Something that caught my eye: He's the second-highest base stats, for a Physician (Second to Pollard), and fourth-highest average (Cheesecake Seven, Warship EMA, and Pollard are higher)
    And a Physician with the highest ENG skill. That trait keeps dropping for me in my voyages as of late.

He is a good card. Just depends on individual players' needs. For me I have other options that I have invested in but for those that have not he is good. Better than Mirror Stamets with more traits and a good arena skill. It is just that expectations were so high so it is a bit disappointing. Had he been med-eng or eng-med I would have been all in.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lieutenant Uhura wears a command gold uniform in "The Corbomite Maneuver."

v6hi2zihddls.png

Thanx. Been a while since I have seen that one
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, the Patch Notes explain the Ferengi connection......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing some COM and ENG with this new card:
    wb58rnuvcph7.png

(Also wouldn't mind seeing a 2* McCoy to complete the whole collection.)

Well, 1 out of 2 aint bad, McCoy finally has some ENG.
    1o200qc3i8a9.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Torpedo Surgeon McCoy looks more like Chris Cooper than DeForest Kelly, but whatever. Still want 'im.
  • NS111111 wrote: »
    One of the only characters with that combo, the only main cast character with that combo.

If he comes with good stats this is going to be a bloodbath...

Stamets counts as main cast since Anthony Rapp appears in the main title sequence.
  • NS111111 wrote: »
    One of the only characters with that combo, the only main cast character with that combo.

If he comes with good stats this is going to be a bloodbath...

Stamets counts as main cast since Anthony Rapp appears in the main title sequence.

Indulgent Seven would also like a word.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think Torpedo McCoy is that bad at all. Yes, would have been better with a ENG secondary but hes got alot going for him

- Of 3 stat crew, he has the 4th highest Med average score. Just below Warship EMA and above Cheesecake 7.
    - Total score. Yes hes just shy of 100th place but when you look at MED primary crew, he has a top 10 total score. So again hes decent there
    - Arena. Another 400% damage crew isnt bad. Though total charge time to get there is 9s so abit slow but 250% after 6s with accuracy and no negative effects. So should still be useful to finish off skirmishes

So Ill be going for him :)
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading all the shuttle missions I get the feeling that Ishka is Rom's mother and that this might complicate things...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Upon starting the app, the splash screen is displaying the wrong name and part number for this event:

qt7mjfewzeej.jpeg

I thought you might want to let the team know, Shan. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILERS, PLEASE.

Why is that a spoiler? That's like saying it's a spoiler that Lwaxana Troi is Deanna's mother. Or that it's a spoiler that Carol Marcus was Kirk's lover and that David Marcus is their son. Or it's a spoiler that Lore is Data's "brother," also created by Dr. Soong.

This is who these people are and why they are relevant to the story of the show/movie in which they appear.

Ishka is Quark and Rom's mother. That's fundamental to her appearance on DS9. The episode in which she was introduced ran more than 20 years ago.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    After reading all the shuttle missions I get the feeling that Ishka is Rom's mother and that this might complicate things...

Ishka, a.k.a. Moogie, is Rom and Quark's mother. It is known.

Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic. Almost every shuttle success in this event mentions Ishka being Rom's mother and that this will complicate matters. It's quite repetitive.
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I just failed 5 of 6 90+% shuttles. Ouch.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shuttles have text in them?
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    I just failed 5 of 6 90+% shuttles. Ouch.

Brutal. But the rest of us thank you for being a bad-RNG sponge for our shuttle missions!

I just failed 3 of the next 6. I really am the bad-RNG sponge!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ishka, a.k.a. Moogie, is Rom and Quark's mother. It is known.

Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic. Almost every shuttle success in this event mentions Ishka being Rom's mother and that this will complicate matters. It's quite repetitive.

Just noticed that. 🤨 One of the last Faction events (I don't recall which one) also had a massive amount of repetition in the writing for one of the factions, like somebody at DB was just copying/pasting lines of text and barely changing a thing.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is it me or do we have a wealth of MED (small) bonus crew, yet they are barely needed for this event I know the big bonus crew are COM DIPs and COM SECs but where is the love for MEDs.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or do we have a wealth of MED (small) bonus crew, yet they are barely needed for this event I know the big bonus crew are COM DIPs and COM SECs but where is the love for MEDs.

That sounds about right. One straight slot and one OR slot for the entire event. It’s probably nice for those who only have Chapel or maybe a new1/5* DA McCoy...for those of us who thawed out Katra McCoy and Commander Chapel, however, it’s a little disappointing.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds about right. One straight slot and one OR slot for the entire event. It’s probably nice for those who only have Chapel or maybe a new1/5* DA McCoy...for those of us who thawed out Katra McCoy and Commander Chapel, however, it’s a little disappointing.

I've been stuck using DA McCoy in a Dip+Sec slot. There are so many of them with weak crew options and so few Med slots.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I've been stuck using DA McCoy in a Dip+Sec slot. There are so many of them with weak crew options and so few Med slots.

Same here - COM/DIP and COM/SEC are easy to fill, DIP/SEC is tough after Rura Penthe Kirk and Dancing Chekov go out.
  • This event is brutal. I've lost count of how many 95%+ shuttles have failed so far. It's ridiculous. This is the most brutal faction event in recent memory
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here - COM/DIP and COM/SEC are easy to fill, DIP/SEC is tough after Rura Penthe Kirk and Dancing Chekov go out.

Solid options after those two are Roman Captive Kirk and Gladiator Spock. It uses their primary+tertiary skills, but the tertiary skill drop-off isn't very much (especially for Kirk).