Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trader Woes - 12/12 - ME part 2

123457»

Comments

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a crazy event especially at the end. Everyone was blasting shuttle tokens. I think we all know how frustrating it is to go all out on an event and not get the desired result.

It was so crazy that I dropped from 418th place 90 minutes before the end (when I finished my last round of shuttles) to 550th....there usually isn’t that much movement in the dead zone between 25th and 1000th or so.

I also dropped from 370-ish to 450 during the last hour. There were a lot of panic shuttles sent.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped a good 150, but I still made the top 1500, so it doesn't matter.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stayed relatively flat in the low 200s. I did have a final round of shuttles come back with ~10 min to go, but it was just my main 4 shuttles, no extra shuttles after my overnights completed.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    I have a new personal best:
    x9gm0csrsrr0.jpg
    I would have liked to break into the top 25 for the achievement. At least I got the top 50 achievement.

That’s awesome. I was trying for the top 15 achievement.

Thanks. I kept seeing you in the leaderboards consistently above me.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    TIER 1 THE BORG
    Drops the majority of items from all factions, making it the widest net to cast. Unless I need something that doesn't drop from the Borg, this is my default faction to run.

A few months ago, I would have heartily agreed with you. But after running a ton of Borg shuttles, I've been finding that the drop rate is very low for the items I want, so I've pretty much given up on them as a "one-stop-shop" and have gone directly to the original sources. Which, these days are Section 31, Federation, and Augments, in that order.
    Terran Empire
    Poisoned Drinks. Less frequently needed than Bloodwine, but used by crew from various races/factions.

Personally, I'd place the KCA and Terrans at a higher tier than any of the ones you have in Tier 5. And regarding the latter, what I have needed a lot more of than poisoned drinks is Terran Emblems.

I will also say that I like to occasionally run Bajoran shuttles just for the 2* Earrings and 2* Spring Wine. But those are often found in the Faction Center, so a lot of time I'll be able to slowly stock up on them as part of my frequent (though not as frequent as I'd like) visits to all the various trading hubs.

I did note that having to work on someone who has specific item needs would obviously bump them up the list, but I didn't note that I've stayed caught up on my crew since Spring of 2017. It's been quite some time since I had to wait on shuttles to bring me things before I could progress with equipping anyone. The majority of new crew added in 2019 have either been Federation or don't directly belong to any faction. There have only been two Bajorans, for instance: 5* Decoy Kira and 4* Solbor, and the latter was pack only.
    starfox wrote: »
    hail, i have a question please. i have been doing ferengi shuttles in this event and perhaps unfortunately just noticed there is no way in hale that faction is going to beat federation. i should have predicted this but it didnt occur to me to consider that when picking a faction. is there a reason to keep doing ferengi faction since this faction is sadly going to finish last? is there even a reason not to just pick the most popular faction? federation probably always wins.

It's rarely even questionably close which faction will win in any given event. I'm on the same page as others who have said they pick a faction that isn't going to win, and save transmissions for the obvious winner until the event is over and use them during the inter-event bonus period. My hierarchy for picking factions:
    TIER 1 THE BORG
    Drops the majority of items from all factions, making it the widest net to cast. Unless I need something that doesn't drop from the Borg, this is my default faction to run.

TIER 2
    These factions drop items used by the majority of crew.

Section 31
    Holoprograms and Security Codes are probably the most heavily needed faction items, especially since Holoprograms are part of the Social Lesson recipe. You can farm for these from cadet challenges, but if you're trying to work on several crew members simultaneously, running S31 shuttles is pretty much mandatory.

Augments
    Medical and Science Experiments are always in high demand, and the 2* versions don't drop from the Borg. If the Featured Crew for the following week includes someone likely to have either MED or SCI skills, this becomes a priority.

Maquis
    If you're working on someone with DIP, you'll need 2* Encoded Communiques somewhere, maybe even a zillion of 'em. You can get them from cadet challenges on Tuesday and Sunday, but you can't get them from the Borg.

TIER 3 THE FEDERATION
    There are four things in favor of the Federation: 1) We get their transmissions in the daily rewards throughout the month; 2) there are a lot of 2 seaters, making it easier to run shuttles and voyages simultaneously; 3) Ancient Films; and 4) Vulcan stuff.

TIER 4 FERENGI
    Either Ferengi faction is your best source of farming Gold-Pressed Latinum, which cannot be replicated.

TIER 5
    Outside working on specific crew who need faction items, these are more relevant for the components they drop.

Cardassian Union - Databases
    Hirogen - Casings
    Klingon Empire - Power Cells
    Romulan Star Empire - Sensors

TIER 6 MIRROR UNIVERSE
    These only really drop one thing of note. You're better off stockpiling these just by checking the faction stores daily to see what you can buy outright with credits or merits.

Klingon-Cardassian Alliance
    2* Bloodwine, required by most Klingons somewhere along the way. Some require copious amounts.

Terran Empire
    Poisoned Drinks. Less frequently needed than Bloodwine, but used by crew from various races/factions.

TIER 7 THE DOMINION
    The Dominion doesn't even offer Poisoned Drinks.

Don’t Terran Empire, KCA, and Klingon missions drop alcohol as well or is that just in their respective faction stores?

Oh, they do. Every faction aside from the Borg drops two components. It's just hard to imagine needing to run shuttles to farm for things like Alcohol, Incense (Bajorans), Spices (Ferengi Alliance), or Blue Incense* (Maquis).

*You know what that stuff is. I can't be bothered to remember or look up its name, but even if I did, I'd have to include the notation "(Blue Incense)" anyway.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

*You know what that stuff is. I can't be bothered to remember or look up its name, but even if I did, I'd have to include the notation "(Blue Incense)" anyway.

Cobalt Diselenide. Funny thing is, it’s used in the game about as many times as it’s mentioned in all of Star Trek canon.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Proont wrote: »
    x9gm0csrsrr0.jpg
    I would have liked to break into the top 25 for the achievement. At least I got the top 50 achievement.

I was really trying. Gonna be a long time before I can save up enough resources to try again lol
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    x9gm0csrsrr0.jpg

I was really trying. Gonna be a long time before I can save up enough resources to try again lol

Same. So many resources burned.
  • To confirm the rumors, Yes, we (Klingon Marauders) were going for top fleet in this event. We decided to go for it on this event after the mega-event calendar came out several weeks back.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    To confirm the rumors, Yes, we (Klingon Marauders) were going for top fleet in this event. We decided to go for it on this event after the mega-event calendar came out several weeks back.

Congrats to you all. That takes some coordination. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • [KM]Videm wrote: »
    To confirm the rumors, Yes, we (Klingon Marauders) were going for top fleet in this event. We decided to go for it on this event after the mega-event calendar came out several weeks back.

Thank you, we have always preferred competing in faction events from the early days so we have a lot of experience with them. I was surprised that we did so well given we are down 15+ players from a full fleet right now (hint to those interested in changing/joining)
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, we have always preferred competing in faction events from the early days so we have a lot of experience with them. I was surprised that we did so well given we are down 15+ players from a full fleet right now (hint to those interested in changing/joining)

That's even more impressive. We were second place with a full fleet. Hope you find a few new captains. (Just not from one of our fleets. ;) )
    Farewell 🖖
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think our fleet came in third, thanks mainly to our admiral finishing second.

Congrats to the Klingon Marauders. That was an incredible set of fleet members at the top of the leader board.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends