Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trader Woes - 12/12 - ME part 2

Comments

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is it me or do we have a wealth of MED (small) bonus crew, yet they are barely needed for this event I know the big bonus crew are COM DIPs and COM SECs but where is the love for MEDs.

There's also a lot of dip+sec seats while there's barely any crew with that primary and secondary. Most of the TOS crew is in fact cmd and sec, but DB didn't want to have twice the same seat on shuttles, so we're getting that. Also no good slot for survivalist Kirk.
  • This event is brutal. I've lost count of how many 95%+ shuttles have failed so far. It's ridiculous. This is the most brutal faction event in recent memory

Don't worry it's just temporary, I've only failed 2 shuttles so far this event and one was an overnight with lower %. We've all been there, though I know that doesn't make you feel much better right now.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here - COM/DIP and COM/SEC are easy to fill, DIP/SEC is tough after Rura Penthe Kirk and Dancing Chekov go out.

Solid options after those two are Roman Captive Kirk and Gladiator Spock. It uses their primary+tertiary skills, but the tertiary skill drop-off isn't very much (especially for Kirk).

Yup. I also forgot about my 2/5* Gunslinger Uhura. I think I sent Gangster Kirk on one of these as well.
  • I sort of wish there was still a way to buy more shuttle tokens.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sort of wish there was still a way to buy more shuttle tokens.

The Standard Boost Packs now drop the new Doubler that doesn't add time. Be nice if Shuttle Tokens got added, too.

=============================

We got two new Traits in the same week. Sulu of the Body has the "Archon" Trait.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I need 21 successful 4,000 Point Shuttles to clear Threshold.....

https://youtu.be/5Md_nDXAOZ8
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone besides @Princess Trista notice all the Klingon Marauders in the top 10? Not sure if any of them are active on the forum, but good job coordinating the effort.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Did anyone besides @Princess Trista notice all the Klingon Marauders in the top 10? Not sure if any of them are active on the forum, but good job coordinating the effort.

Pretty sure anyone who checked leaderbord, so 1000+ ppl? ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    hail, i have a question please. i have been doing ferengi shuttles in this event and perhaps unfortunately just noticed there is no way in hale that faction is going to beat federation. i should have predicted this but it didnt occur to me to consider that when picking a faction. is there a reason to keep doing ferengi faction since this faction is sadly going to finish last? is there even a reason not to just pick the most popular faction? federation probably always wins.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    starfox wrote: »
    hail, i have a question please. i have been doing ferengi shuttles in this event and perhaps unfortunately just noticed there is no way in hale that faction is going to beat federation. i should have predicted this but it didnt occur to me to consider that when picking a faction. is there a reason to keep doing ferengi faction since this faction is sadly going to finish last? is there even a reason not to just pick the most popular faction? federation probably always wins.

You just do the faction that has the best seats for you or where you need faction items and run the winning faction for the bonus after the event.

Exactly this.

I'll add that sometimes I intentionally choose one that I know won't win. That way, I can run faction A during the event to farm items, and then run faction B (the winner) after the event to collect a handful of extra chronitons along with that faction's items.

This is what I do, too. I almost never run missions for the winning faction. I save those transmissions for the bonus later.
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    i just switched from ferengi to federation becos i thought there would be some kind of bonus for siding with the winning faction. i get it now though. it doesnt really matter which faction wins. thats kind of disappointing
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just run the best missions for you, either to get items you need or what works for best for crew. Don’t get too stressed out about it.
    edited December 2019
    i just switched from ferengi to federation becos i thought there would be some kind of bonus for siding with the winning faction. i get it now though. it doesnt really matter which faction wins. thats kind of disappointing

There is a "bonus", but only after the Event. (And only after a full Faction Event, not a Hybrid.) From the end of the Event tomorrow at noon Eastern, until start of the Event Thursday, Winning Faction Shuttle Missions (most likely Federation) will drop Chronitons for successful completion.
  • starfox wrote: »

It's rarely even questionably close which faction will win in any given event. I'm on the same page as others who have said they pick a faction that isn't going to win, and save transmissions for the obvious winner until the event is over and use them during the inter-event bonus period. My hierarchy for picking factions:
    TIER 1 THE BORG
    Drops the majority of items from all factions, making it the widest net to cast. Unless I need something that doesn't drop from the Borg, this is my default faction to run.

TIER 2
    These factions drop items used by the majority of crew.

Section 31
    Holoprograms and Security Codes are probably the most heavily needed faction items, especially since Holoprograms are part of the Social Lesson recipe. You can farm for these from cadet challenges, but if you're trying to work on several crew members simultaneously, running S31 shuttles is pretty much mandatory.

Augments
    Medical and Science Experiments are always in high demand, and the 2* versions don't drop from the Borg. If the Featured Crew for the following week includes someone likely to have either MED or SCI skills, this becomes a priority.

Maquis
    If you're working on someone with DIP, you'll need 2* Encoded Communiques somewhere, maybe even a zillion of 'em. You can get them from cadet challenges on Tuesday and Sunday, but you can't get them from the Borg.

TIER 3 THE FEDERATION
    There are four things in favor of the Federation: 1) We get their transmissions in the daily rewards throughout the month; 2) there are a lot of 2 seaters, making it easier to run shuttles and voyages simultaneously; 3) Ancient Films; and 4) Vulcan stuff.

TIER 4 FERENGI
    Either Ferengi faction is your best source of farming Gold-Pressed Latinum, which cannot be replicated.

TIER 5
    Outside working on specific crew who need faction items, these are more relevant for the components they drop.

Cardassian Union - Databases
    Hirogen - Casings
    Klingon Empire - Power Cells
    Romulan Star Empire - Sensors

TIER 6 MIRROR UNIVERSE
    These only really drop one thing of note. You're better off stockpiling these just by checking the faction stores daily to see what you can buy outright with credits or merits.

Klingon-Cardassian Alliance
    2* Bloodwine, required by most Klingons somewhere along the way. Some require copious amounts.

Terran Empire
    Poisoned Drinks. Less frequently needed than Bloodwine, but used by crew from various races/factions.

TIER 7 THE DOMINION
    The Dominion doesn't even offer Poisoned Drinks.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TIER 1 THE BORG
    Drops the majority of items from all factions, making it the widest net to cast. Unless I need something that doesn't drop from the Borg, this is my default faction to run.

A few months ago, I would have heartily agreed with you. But after running a ton of Borg shuttles, I've been finding that the drop rate is very low for the items I want, so I've pretty much given up on them as a "one-stop-shop" and have gone directly to the original sources. Which, these days are Section 31, Federation, and Augments, in that order.
    Terran Empire
    Poisoned Drinks. Less frequently needed than Bloodwine, but used by crew from various races/factions.

Personally, I'd place the KCA and Terrans at a higher tier than any of the ones you have in Tier 5. And regarding the latter, what I have needed a lot more of than poisoned drinks is Terran Emblems.

I will also say that I like to occasionally run Bajoran shuttles just for the 2* Earrings and 2* Spring Wine. But those are often found in the Faction Center, so a lot of time I'll be able to slowly stock up on them as part of my frequent (though not as frequent as I'd like) visits to all the various trading hubs.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

It's rarely even questionably close which faction will win in any given event. I'm on the same page as others who have said they pick a faction that isn't going to win, and save transmissions for the obvious winner until the event is over and use them during the inter-event bonus period. My hierarchy for picking factions:
    TIER 1 THE BORG

TIER 2
    These factions drop items used by the majority of crew.

Section 31
    Holoprograms and Security Codes are probably the most heavily needed faction items, especially since Holoprograms are part of the Social Lesson recipe. You can farm for these from cadet challenges, but if you're trying to work on several crew members simultaneously, running S31 shuttles is pretty much mandatory.

Augments
    Medical and Science Experiments are always in high demand, and the 2* versions don't drop from the Borg. If the Featured Crew for the following week includes someone likely to have either MED or SCI skills, this becomes a priority.

Maquis
    If you're working on someone with DIP, you'll need 2* Encoded Communiques somewhere, maybe even a zillion of 'em. You can get them from cadet challenges on Tuesday and Sunday, but you can't get them from the Borg.

TIER 3 THE FEDERATION
    There are four things in favor of the Federation: 1) We get their transmissions in the daily rewards throughout the month; 2) there are a lot of 2 seaters, making it easier to run shuttles and voyages simultaneously; 3) Ancient Films; and 4) Vulcan stuff.

TIER 4 FERENGI
    Either Ferengi faction is your best source of farming Gold-Pressed Latinum, which cannot be replicated.

TIER 5
    Outside working on specific crew who need faction items, these are more relevant for the components they drop.

Cardassian Union - Databases
    Hirogen - Casings
    Klingon Empire - Power Cells
    Romulan Star Empire - Sensors

TIER 6 MIRROR UNIVERSE
    These only really drop one thing of note. You're better off stockpiling these just by checking the faction stores daily to see what you can buy outright with credits or merits.

Klingon-Cardassian Alliance
    2* Bloodwine, required by most Klingons somewhere along the way. Some require copious amounts.

Terran Empire

TIER 7 THE DOMINION
    The Dominion doesn't even offer Poisoned Drinks.

Don’t Terran Empire, KCA, and Klingon missions drop alcohol as well or is that just in their respective faction stores?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re correct, they do.
    I'm at 3034. If I can hold for an hour, will be able to FF Uhura.

Speaking of, if you haven't been doing it, the Translation thingies drop from the last Cadet Mission on Epic M/W/F. She probably will need a couple, too.
  • Tried for top 15, couldn’t do it. I pushed harder than ever. Spent all 130+ shuttle tokens I had. Used up all my dilithium. Spent over 200 3 Star time boosts, and a bunch of 4 and 5 star ones as well. It still wasn’t enough. I’m completely tapped on shuttle resources and I still couldn’t make it. I don’t think I’m ever going to try that again. I feel so deflated. I don’t even have any dilithium yet to try and pull more McCoy cards in a few days. I’m so bummed
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Tried for top 15, couldn’t do it. I pushed harder than ever. Spent all 130+ shuttle tokens I had. Used up all my dilithium. Spent over 200 3 Star time boosts, and a bunch of 4 and 5 star ones as well. It still wasn’t enough. I’m completely tapped on shuttle resources and I still couldn’t make it. I don’t think I’m ever going to try that again. I feel so deflated. I don’t even have any dilithium yet to try and pull more McCoy cards in a few days. I’m so bummed

This was a very tough event to break into the top 15. Klingon Marauders took up a bunch of the top slots, and a couple other well-known players (including my Admiral, @Princess Trista, who finished second) also aimed for the top.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It was a crazy event especially at the end. Everyone was blasting shuttle tokens. I think we all know how frustrating it is to go all out on an event and not get the desired result.
    Let’s fly!
  • In the picture, it looks like Mccoy is JURY-RIGGING that torpedo.
  • Taggart wrote: »
    In the picture, it looks like Mccoy is JURY-RIGGING that torpedo.

It sure does!
    It was a crazy event especially at the end. Everyone was blasting shuttle tokens. I think we all know how frustrating it is to go all out on an event and not get the desired result.

It was so crazy that I dropped from 418th place 90 minutes before the end (when I finished my last round of shuttles) to 550th....there usually isn’t that much movement in the dead zone between 25th and 1000th or so.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m annoyed. I used a LOT of resources and didn't break 1500 (off by 30 spots; I dropped ~300 spots in the last hour). There were way too many failures on shuttles with 88%+ chance of success. I had one morning where three overnight, doubling shuttles, all with success rate over 90%, failed.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluetib wrote: »
    Taggart wrote: »
    In the picture, it looks like Mccoy is JURY-RIGGING that torpedo.

It sure does!

I can’t even fathom him not having the jury rigger trait. Like this card could literally be called Jury Rigger McCoy.

• Proont wrote: »
    I have a new personal best:
    x9gm0csrsrr0.jpg
    I would have liked to break into the top 25 for the achievement. At least I got the top 50 achievement.

That’s awesome. I was trying for the top 15 achievement.