Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Passing the Torch - 11/09 - Edit 11/07

Comments

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Since all event crew all new it means no one has event crew unless they buy it. I liked it better when one was old.

Except the threshold and community rewards characters (this is a galaxy, right?)

Yeah but therein lies the dilemma... level up your threshold/community character to get the “bonus” but it will eat chronitons which means you have less to compete and win the threshold and ranked rewards...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since all event crew all new it means no one has event crew unless they buy it. I liked it better when one was old.

Except the threshold and community rewards characters (this is a galaxy, right?)

Yeah but therein lies the dilemma... level up your threshold/community character to get the “bonus” but it will eat chronitons which means you have less to compete and win the threshold and ranked rewards...

Well, that's just the whole downside to Galaxies in general even when you do have existing crew in the mix.
  • Options

Well, that's just the whole downside to Galaxies in general even when you do have existing crew in the mix.

Mostly true. Galaxy events are basically a giant sink hole for resources and chronitons...

But if you have a FF/FE existing event crew going in, you can basically just craft up to whatever your threshold and ranked reward goal is.

You don’t have to make a decision about using your chronitons to level a threshold/community versus using them to craft and compete.
  • Options
    New crew! I like. Though I don't agree with the 5*
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Mostly true. Galaxy events are basically a giant sink hole for resources and chronitons...

But if you have a FF/FE existing event crew going in, you can basically just craft up to whatever your threshold and ranked reward goal is.

You don’t have to make a decision about using your chronitons to level a threshold/community versus using them to craft and compete.

Only one crew is only going to cover SOME skill combinations. Its better to have an existing but really you do have to make those same decisions vs your super rare combos.
  • Options

Only one crew is only going to cover SOME skill combinations. Its better to have an existing but really you do have to make those same decisions vs your super rare combos.

I find you’ll usually have some “bonus crew” already for many of the skills as there always will be some skills that aren’t covered in any case this week in the case of Riker and O’Brian, you’ll likely have some degree of ENG (O’Brian) SEC, DIP, CMD but probably no SCI and MED. The real question is if you don’t have an actually event character in advance (which we won’t unless you buy packs as they are all new), do you try to level the threshold character during the event (they will eventually be 4* including community) and waste your Chron to try to get the big 60% chance at a “special item” when crafting or just live with the regular 20-30% from an alternative character and use all your Chron to compete... it actually is a harder decision to make generally made simpler if you have an event character in advance FFFE...
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    z8rig60bwt4m.png

Riker looks like we expected but um Obrien has looked better....
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    O'Brien and Odo both looked terrible as Klingons. Sisko, being Sisko, looked great.
  • Options
    That O'Brien is going right out the airlock. Bad enough having to scroll past buck-tooth t'pol, but that is freaking hideous.

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obrien has looked better....

What the---?? That looks like those wacky caricatures done by street artists on the boardwalk. The artwork for 23rd Century Martok is like a Leonardo da Vinci portrait by comparison.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Agreed, but the canon pool in general is getting pretty thin of what else to do with the character, regardless of comparison to other minor Riker moments. And we'll see that other Riker before too long. Maybe Dabo Riker (for the offscreen Dabo wins that he called a favor in with Quark in exchange for his winnings) will come down the Pike. Though we don't have a First Contact Riker (maybe with the headset from the Phoenix?).....

Just offhand, some other possibilities:

Malcorian Hospital Patient Riker (from "First Contact", which had an action figure in the 1990's Playmates line)
    Captured Mental Patient Riker (from "Frame of Mind", my favorite Riker episode)
    Barkonian Riker (from "Thine Own Self"; we also don't yet have a Data or Crusher from this one)
    Smooth as an Android's Bottom Riker (from Star Trek: Insurrection)

Plus, there are still some subsets that we don't have any or many TNG crew from so far, including:

"Time's Arrow, Part II" (so far, we don't have anyone from this episode)

Star Trek Generations (in the early DS9-style uniforms, where Avery Brooks's Sisko costume fit Jonathan Frakes about as well as Frankenstein's Monster's suit)

TNG Dress Uniforms (so far, we don't have anyone wearing the TV versions and only Wesley in the movie versions)

Phoenix Riker to go with Commander Troi, Borgverse Riker from Parallels, Caveman Riker from Genesis, Facepalm Riker from A Matter of Perspective, Picard Doll Riker from The Pegasus... wink.gif
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with all opinions concerning O'Brien. I mean this version of him would never have been a beauty no matter what. But the attention to detail better said LACK OF IT is simply ugh! The shading, the resolution, the line work. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Truly disgusting, but not in the way this version should be ;) They already "unbeautified" Jadzia with the Blood Oath Dax drawing, but this is now my new fav worst drawing...
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Hot dang, that O'Brien is TERRIBLE! First off, just look at the difference in detail between Riker's face and O'Brien's. Why do we keep getting these terrible, less than half-baked characters? The hair looks like molten chocolate flowing off of his shoulders. His cranial ridges aren't even obvious as such. And the face doesn't even look close. On pufferfish Phlox you very clearly traced the image from Memory Alpha, why couldn't you do the same for O'Brien? Hire some damn artists and pay them a reasonable salary, this is ridiculous.

I'm guessing they have a pool of freelance artist they send projects to. Some projects get assigned to the good artist and sometimes the art is assigned to one of the mediocre ones. O'Bien drew the short straw this time.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing they have a pool of freelance artist they send projects to. Some projects get assigned to the good artist and sometimes the art is assigned to one of the mediocre ones. O'Bien drew the short straw this time.

Likely. But there is (or should be) something like quality or end control. How something like that got past it is another story, lol.

• Options
    Wow those are some ugly crew. O'Brien better be threshold and his stats better be through the roof otherwise I'm saving my chronitons.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    The detail on O'Brien is way too soft, but, I feel like the facial expression has come through pretty strong; I don't hate the result. Could be a lot better, but it's not a total miss for me.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not usually picky about the artwork, but is it not supposed to look like O'Brien at all? Cause on the show I felt like you could at least still see the actor under the disguise. This just looks like someone else entirely.
  • Options
    To take are minds off that hideous Klingon, lets look at this guy from the same episode.

yzp3ocilq21z.jpg

And the other one

quojzjwvzscn.jpg

Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    I'm not usually picky about the artwork, but is it not supposed to look like O'Brien at all? Cause on the show I felt like you could at least still see the actor under the disguise. This just looks like someone else entirely.

Well in the ep the only reason you can tell its OBrien is the mannerisms. The makeup was pretty intense on him..... That being said this really doesn't look anything like what was in the ep.....
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Magisse wrote: »

Well in the ep the only reason you can tell its OBrien is the mannerisms. The makeup was pretty intense on him..... That being said this really doesn't look anything like what was in the ep.....
    Yeah I guess it's a tough balance to get right. But looking back at the pic from a few pages ago, it still looks like Colm in the eyes and facial shape. This version doesn't have that, particularly with the really long and narrow-looking face. With that I just can't see it being him, in disguise or not.

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem is his mustache goes all around and down.... That's not what he looked like. It was his chin hair that went down.
  • Options
    Did they post the stats for the new characters? I didn't see it anywhere.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirkish1 wrote: »
    Did they post the stats for the new characters? I didn't see it anywhere.
    They always post those on Wednesday's (the day before the event).
  • Options
    Wow, that O'Brien artwork is horrific, no where near as detailed or care taken as previous characters, keen on Riker though.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    In the show, O’Brien looked great but that artwork, ugh. Good God that ranks up there with Abomination Martok in horrible artwork. I mean, seriously, it looks like something I would draw. And then sit on. And then throw up on. And finally rinse off in the sink and let dry. His melted candle face is almost as bad as Goonies Martok. It’s even worse than Blood Oath Dax. PLEASE for the love of Nimoy, redo the art, it sux.

Here’s a pic of O’Brien in Klingon form, the best I could find quickly via the internet.

zpgyydx71218.jpeg
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Ugh. Give the Klingons a rest for god’s sake.
  • Options
    In the show, O’Brien looked great but that artwork, ugh. Good God that ranks up there with Abomination Martok in horrible artwork. I mean, seriously, it looks like something I would draw. And then sit on. And then throw up on. And finally rinse off in the sink and let dry. His melted candle face is almost as bad as Goonies Martok. It’s even worse than Blood Oath Dax. PLEASE for the love of Nimoy, redo the art, it sux.

Here’s a pic of O’Brien in Klingon form, the best I could find quickly via the internet.

zpgyydx71218.jpeg

O'Brien looks good in this picture
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    About time! We were waaaaay overdue for a new Riker, right guys?

Actually it has been a long time since Rikerapalooza back in the spring....

We need a Qapalooza