Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Passing the Torch - 11/09 - Edit 11/07

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Rejac interests me on the show, but there's no chance whatsoever of me ever getting a 5* from a Galaxy event. I hope Klingon O'Brien is the threshold reward.

Ditto. The Riker is kinda cool, though it's clear there some barrel scraping in the Riker pool. Just want O'Brien.

I dunno. I feel like Anbo-Jyutsu Riker is more interesting than Angel I Riker, both visually and in terms of the character in those episodes. And at least it isn't "These Are the Voyages..." Riker, who would rub in our faces the most irksome series finale in the canon to date.

Agreed, but the canon pool in general is getting pretty thin of what else to do with the character, regardless of comparison to other minor Riker moments. And we'll see that other Riker before too long. Maybe Dabo Riker (for the offscreen Dabo wins that he called a favor in with Quark in exchange for his winnings) will come down the Pike. Though we don't have a First Contact Riker (maybe with the headset from the Phoenix?).....

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it is called passing the torch anyone think it could be Riker's father from their sparing match?

If it was, it would be called Kyle Riker, not Riker.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait to see the stats for them, but I'm cautiously optimistic. With three new crew, at least you earn new crew as you go progress. With a repeated threshold or rank that just means the chronitons spent to rank are all going towards fewer rank rewards, now they are effectively buying you multiple characters.
  • Options
    Agreed, but the canon pool in general is getting pretty thin of what else to do with the character, regardless of comparison to other minor Riker moments. And we'll see that other Riker before too long. Maybe Dabo Riker (for the offscreen Dabo wins that he called a favor in with Quark in exchange for his winnings) will come down the Pike. Though we don't have a First Contact Riker (maybe with the headset from the Phoenix?).....

Just offhand, some other possibilities:

Malcorian Hospital Patient Riker (from "First Contact", which had an action figure in the 1990's Playmates line)
    Captured Mental Patient Riker (from "Frame of Mind", my favorite Riker episode)
    Barkonian Riker (from "Thine Own Self"; we also don't yet have a Data or Crusher from this one)
    Smooth as an Android's Bottom Riker (from Star Trek: Insurrection)

Plus, there are still some subsets that we don't have any or many TNG crew from so far, including:

"Time's Arrow, Part II" (so far, we don't have anyone from this episode)

Star Trek Generations (in the early DS9-style uniforms, where Avery Brooks's Sisko costume fit Jonathan Frakes about as well as Frankenstein's Monster's suit)

TNG Dress Uniforms (so far, we don't have anyone wearing the TV versions and only Wesley in the movie versions)
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rejac interests me on the show, but there's no chance whatsoever of me ever getting a 5* from a Galaxy event. I hope Klingon O'Brien is the threshold reward.

Ditto. The Riker is kinda cool, though it's clear there some barrel scraping in the Riker pool. Just want O'Brien.

I dunno. I feel like Anbo-Jyutsu Riker is more interesting than Angel I Riker, both visually and in terms of the character in those episodes. And at least it isn't "These Are the Voyages..." Riker, who would rub in our faces the most irksome series finale in the canon to date.

Phoenix Riker would be a reasonable addition.

There's also Trill Riker, "Crazy" Riker, Q Riker, Malcorian Riker, Little John Riker, Making Scrambled Eggs Riker...

Honestly, if they wanted to add a dozen new Rikers, they could.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Malcorian Hospital Patient Riker (from "First Contact", which had an action figure in the 1990's Playmates line)
    Barkonian Riker (from "Thine Own Self"; we also don't yet have a Data or Crusher from this one)

Plus, there are still some subsets that we don't have any or many TNG crew from so far, including:

Star Trek Generations (in the early DS9-style uniforms, where Avery Brooks's Sisko costume fit Jonathan Frakes about as well as Frankenstein's Monster's suit)

TNG Dress Uniforms (so far, we don't have anyone wearing the TV versions and only Wesley in the movie versions)

Yeah and there's Bathtub Riker (Insurrection) --- some of these seem a little desperate, or as some have called it, Thirsty....
  • Options
    edited November 2017

"Promoted Sisko" is in the TV dress uniform.

And I'd love to see Time's Arrow versions of everybody.

EDIT: Bashir would be a good addition for the white dress uniforms, since that could be a Section 31 Bashir, with Med and Sec. Just a thought.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Oh joy. Another Riker. I'm so excited about this event. See. This is my excited face.

This is why we need a sarcasm font.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Sweet another galaxy event so I can level more crew with the 10$ chronos sale I hope it's 1500 at a time but 1250 just as good.
  • Options

Right, but I was talking specifically about the TNG crew. I would certainly welcome dress uniform DS9 characters, too, though! We also saw the VOY characters in the TNG style dress uniforms a few times.
  • Options

Right, but I was talking specifically about the TNG crew. I would certainly welcome dress uniform DS9 characters, too, though! We also saw the VOY characters in the TNG style dress uniforms a few times.

A high DIP Picard in the dress uniform seems like a no-brainer. Also Worf looks quite spiffy in his dress uniform (despite his protests), so I'd like to see that.

Speaking of dress uniforms, I really liked Kira's. It'd be nice if that made an appearance at some point.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm I feel like Riker still has a bit more to offer.
    Anbo-Jutsu Riker is fine with me. But I'd rather see Conjoined Riker from "The Host", or Constable Riker from "Time's Arrow".

O'Brien will be exciting to me if he brings a good ENG stat.

And Rejac is worthless to me. If I have to look up who the character is, that's a bad sign, means they are nigh unmemorable. Kortar was the same way, but like hell I was going to turn away a free 5*. Rejac on the other hand, hard pass.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Bottom of the barrel ? Maybe but there is still another whole new barrel of Rikers to be made and gotten..

Such as..
    Bajoran Riker
    Future imperfect Riker..
    Best of both worlds Riker.
    Captain Riker of the Titan
    Inappropriate Time for Nintendo Riker
    Pull my finger Riker
    First Contact Riker
    Defiant Riker
    Apparently This Isn't Synthahol Riker
    Formal Wear / wedding suit Riker

xqxm9ril4xtb.jpg

We've got a whole Lotta Rikering to go :smile: D
    (Oh, I want Future Imperfect Data too !)
  • Options
    Ugh. I love Discovery...But a 5* who literally got 5 seconds of screen time? No thx
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

I can't hear that name without thinking of...

latest?cb=20061221223007&path-prefix=en

...though his name was spelled "Redjac".

Redjac and Rejac are two different characters. Redjac is a cool character from TOS. Rejac is the silly looking Klingon from Discovery who was only on screen for 5 seconds before getting killed by Burnham in Space. A very dishonorable Klingon... a Klingon that is not worth a 5*....
  • Options
    Rejac's contribution to Discovery: (spoilers)
    - Dies
    - Gets a funeral

Yeah, impressive.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    We want Ricky, We want Ricky (from my so called life)!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. I love Discovery...But a 5* who literally got 5 seconds of screen time? No thx

Beowulf Kim says hi.

So does Morgan Bateson. Actually, Bateson says hello, to make it more proportional to his screen time.

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

Beowulf Kim says hi.

So does Morgan Bateson. Actually, Bateson says hello, to make it more proportional to his screen time.

Pretty sure that if DB didn't give Bateson a 5*, Kelsey Grammer would've flown into an alcoholic rage and torched DB's office

Or maybe its just because its Kelsey Grammer. Multi-Emmy winning actor and all.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    How about "Exchange Officer Riker"... From the TNG episode, "A Matter of Honor" when he becomes the first officer, then acting Captain of a Klingon ship?
    iatzez89743b.jpg
  • Options
    He would have some interesting cross-traits, right? And what would be more fun than leveling a Riker with gagh and bloodwine? Yikes! I've talked myself out of my own idea...
  • Options
    Future imperfect Riker..

We have him. He's called "Jazz Musician Riker" in the game (although he is often referred to as Trombone Riker).
    Captain Riker of the Titan

Pretty much identical to First Officer Riker?

Other possible Rikers include:

Disheveled Riker (with longer beard): from Parallels
    Protomorphosis Riker from Genesis
    Enterprise Riker from These are The Voyages
    QPid Riker
    Generations Riker
    Civilian Riker (e.g. Gambit, The Game etc.)
    Insane Riker from Frame of Mind
    etc.
  • Options
    Man, reading this thread of Awesome Riker Possibilities makes me sad we've only got ice pirates, bend & snatch, and 24th century ice skater in game.

bunegenfwom5.jpg
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Xanathar wrote: »
    Disheveled Riker (with longer beard): from Parallels
    Yes please. "The Rikers are EVERYWHERE!"
  • Options
    We only have 10 Rikers, 6 O'Brien's and 53 Klingons in this game. I wouldn't say no to a new O'Brien I must admit.