Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Passing the Torch - 11/09 - Edit 11/07

Comments

• Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy! The stats on these cards are even worse than the art. Good if this was 2016 but there is nothing useful about their stats now.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I see no reason to waste chrons on any of these.
  • Options
    @Shan , please provide 1/5 stats for rejac

thanks
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some stats, and reiterating that I might not always be able to provide them.

Torchbearer Rejac

FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 511 (146-363)
    SEC 746 (292-580)

Klingon O’Brien

FE 1/4 level 100
    DIP 502 (167-372)
    ENG 345 (104-229)
    SEC 312 (28-60)

Anbo-jyutsu Riker

FE 1/4 level 100
    CMD 396 (124-263)
    SEC 503 (120-255)
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woof. As much as I despise Galaxy events, I usually participate to at least get all of the rewards. But with yet another Riker looming, and absolutely unacceptable artwork on Klingon O'Brien (a character I've been coveting for quite some time), I may do something I've never done before, and just sit this one out completely.
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Woof. As much as I despise Galaxy events, I usually participate to at least get all of the rewards. But with yet another Riker looming, and absolutely unacceptable artwork on Klingon O'Brien (a character I've been coveting for quite some time), I may do something I've never done before, and just sit this one out completely.

I don't mind riker. It's the Klingon O'Brien. If they say that they will fix the artwork, I'm in...
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never let artwork determine my participation or whether I keep a character.

But I hate galaxies, and the stats don't excite me.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arf! Crappy event type, crappy crew, sloppily tossed together. Thanks for the crappy crew, now I don't even have to waste chrons to threshold. Glad I didn't bring anybody out of the icebox for this.
  • Options
    Arf! Crappy event type, crappy crew, sloppily tossed together. Thanks for the crappy crew, now I don't even have to waste chrons to threshold.

Ditto. A very lack luster event. I'll pass on this one and spend my chromitons on something worth while.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep very disappointing.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Oh boy! The stats on these cards are even worse than the art. Good if this was 2016 but there is nothing useful about their stats now.
    O'Brien is decent for voyages. But even for newbies Riker is Tyler -100/-100 and we just got T'Kuvma. Well, Riker is kinda more popular than those two, but still...
  • Options
    As a player I actually find this event very insulting and nothing more then a poor attempt at a money grab. Poor artwork, poor stats, and a galaxy event. Sorry DB but I'm voting with my wallet on this one and saying no. Seriously, get your act together or did the recent layoff cut to deep into the STT budget?
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    @Shan , please provide 1/5 stats for rejac

thanks

Every week you post this within minutes of the announcement coming up.
    How about you show a bit of patience and give her a chance?

Exactly. Also when Shan has the time she does that anyway. And he knows it. Maybe this redundancy makes him feel as if Shan would jump at "his command", lol :p

• Options
    Shocker wrote: »
    ...Seriously, get your act together or did the recent layoff cut to deep into the STT budget?
    I find it fascinating the amount of people who are attributing DB's poor QA, management and push for the high bottom line to the recent round of layoffs. Please, this has been in there business model since launch. The layoffs have changed nothing all they seem to have done is given players a chance to blame another factor for this game's issues.

Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    ShockerShocker ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    ...Seriously, get your act together or did the recent layoff cut to deep into the STT budget?
    I find it fascinating the amount of people who are attributing DB's poor QA, management and push for the high bottom line to the recent round of layoffs. Please, this has been in there business model since launch. The layoffs have changed nothing all they seem to have done is given players a chance to blame another factor for this game's issues.

Do you work for DB? Do you have an insider to prove that the layoffs didn't affect STT? The quality of this event tells me it was hastily done with little QA hence lack pf personnel.
  • Options
    Do we know who the threshold reward is? Riker or O'Brian?
  • Options
    I'm pleased that Klingon O'Brien's the threshold reward. Gonna put in the effort to FF him.
  • Options
    I'm pleased that Klingon O'Brien's the threshold reward. Gonna put in the effort to FF him.

I am as well. I'm newer, so his stats are really going to help me on Voyages.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    About time! We were waaaaay overdue for a new Riker, right guys?

Actually it has been a long time since Rikerapalooza back in the spring....

We need a Qapalooza

A Qapla' looza, you say?

0z4aedro06le.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you work for DB? Do you have an insider to prove that the layoffs didn't affect STT? The quality of this event tells me it was hastily done with little QA hence lack pf personnel.

No he may not work for DB but his criticism can be based on observing behavior and results. His statement that nothing has changed in what we have delivered to us from a QA standpoint can be valid even if it means DB is putting more or less effort into it. The result may very well be the same for the end user experience.

I disagree with that premise some as I think the communication has actually gotten worse but that's just me.
  • Options
    All you who dislike the artwork or decide to sit out the event will be sorry when this event gets rerun several times and you lack the almighty Torchbearer Rejac. It is all about faces. Riker is too good looking so they show he has to cover his face with the mask. O'Brien has to be turned into a really bad Klingon (*note that you cannot search for O'Brien in the list of crew in game apparently) and for the Torchbearer, apparently he is so ugly that they had to cover it with the lamest mask imaginable. And when a KLINGON is too ugly to show, you have achieved something. All hail the Torchbearer.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know who the threshold reward is? Riker or O'Brian?

Look at the event notes or the in-game event screen. O'Brien is threshold.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Ah, I see the Roonis Rule is still in effect. Very disappointing.

Whats the Roonis rule? All three new after a Re-run?
    It's always Darkest before the Riker?
    You always get the other variants before the Sisko?

The Roonis Rule says that all new DS9 characters must be in a Galaxy event because of how much Roonis despises Galaxy.

Who is Roonis? Also, I love galaxy events.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    O'Brien looks good in this picture

Yes, I know, that was my point. He looked good on the show but horrible as the character they just released a pic of for us to see above. However, I should now state that they’ve released the event info in the game now and O’Brien looks a good bit better in the game itself than he does in that forum pic. Also, his face still looks odd and a bit messed up, a bit melted still, but overall he looks much better than the pic we were given to begin with. I am now reasonably satisfied. He looks about as good/bad as BO Dax so it’s good enough. Time to move on and get one!
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Every time I see "BO Dax" or "BO Troi" I cant help but interpret the "BO" as something other than Blood Oath or Bridge Officer...
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Yay!! Another Klingon event...I never see those coming...
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    (*note that you cannot search for O'Brien in the list of crew in game apparently)
    Uhm, WHUT? Steam give list of O'Briens for o'brien and if it's issue of ' in other clients brien also give list of O'Briens.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that the 3* Ranked reward had been Jazz Musician Riker, instead of Mirror 'Smiley' O'Brien.