123457»

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    albryant wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Ah, I see the Roonis Rule is still in effect. Very disappointing.

Whats the Roonis rule? All three new after a Re-run?
    It's always Darkest before the Riker?
    You always get the other variants before the Sisko?

The Roonis Rule says that all new DS9 characters must be in a Galaxy event because of how much Roonis despises Galaxy.

Who is Roonis? Also, I love galaxy events.

You're new right? I think we see two signs of it.
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    I just wish that the 3* Ranked reward had been Jazz Musician Riker, instead of Mirror 'Smiley' O'Brien.

Those ranked are always the same, which really **tsk tsk**!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

The Roonis Rule says that all new DS9 characters must be in a Galaxy event because of how much Roonis despises Galaxy.

I am not new and do not love Galaxy events, but I don’t know who Roonis is, either. I have seen the name mentioned before, but I hesitated to ask about her/him for fear of just this type of off-putting response.

Now, however, I will second the question: Who is Roonis?

EDIT: I went back and re-read the earlier posts, so I understand the gist of the Roonis Rule. From that, I infer that Roonis is a long-time player who posts frequently regarding Galaxy events and DS9 characters.

Please feel free to correct any misunderstandings on my part.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Why do we keep getting versions of the same ten characters? Star Trek has dozens of interesting species and hundreds of individual characters who got real screen time! Use some imagination and broaden the character pool PLEASE! I would love to get some Tellarite characters from Enterprise, and more Augment characters than a version of Augment Riker, Persis, two versions of Khan and Dr. Bashear. What about the other dozen Augments seen on screen in TOS/TWOK/Enterprise? I have been asking for more Augment characters for over a year but the only one that has been added is Augment Riker, which to my mind is just yet another version of Riker. As of this event we now have 11 ELEVEN versions of Riker and 7 SEVEN versions of O'Brien. I like both actors and both characters, but enough is enough already! Building up the same characters over and over is getting to be a boring repetition. Add more variety, it is the spice of life!
    Captain 58, VIP 9, 164 Immortals, 135 active slots, 4 shuttles
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

I am not new and do not love Galaxy events, but I don’t know who Roonis is, either. I have seen the name mentioned before, but I hesitated to ask about her/him for fear of just this type of off-putting response.

EDIT: I went back and re-read the earlier posts, so I understand the gist of the Roonis Rule. From that, I infer that Roonis is a long-time player who posts frequently regarding Galaxy events and DS9 characters.

As Roonis had over 2500 posts on the old forums --- up until about the last day of the last forums he was kinda hard to miss. Interestingly enough I found threads you both were on lol.
  • Options
    Since all event crew all new it means no one has event crew unless they buy it. I liked it better when one was old.

With all the new characters they keep throwing at us every weekend its getting harder and harder to keep up. I would vastly prefer it is event rewards were Honorable Citations that would let me complete my two dozen 2/4 star characters stuck at 100 but unable to be put in cryostorage.
    Captain 58, VIP 9, 164 Immortals, 135 active slots, 4 shuttles
  • Options

As Roonis had over 2500 posts on the old forums --- up until about the last day of the last forums he was kinda hard to miss. Interestingly enough I found threads you both were on lol.

I suppose I just skim over names and focus on the topic, unless it’s an amusing feud. Thank you for pointing that out, Pallidyne, and I will try to “Do Better” in the future.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Back to the topic at hand:

The Klingon Fonzie is growing on me. Not for stats, skills or traits (other than “torchbearer”, which ??), but just because it looks cool to me. Alas, I regularly get smushed in Galaxy events and rarely buy any type of packs, so I will be at the mercy of RNGesus for Rejac.
  • Options
    Lilac Erosion Lilac Erosion ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Shocker wrote: »
    Shocker wrote: »
    ...Seriously, get your act together or did the recent layoff cut to deep into the STT budget?
    I find it fascinating the amount of people who are attributing DB's poor QA, management and push for the high bottom line to the recent round of layoffs. Please, this has been in there business model since launch. The layoffs have changed nothing all they seem to have done is given players a chance to blame another factor for this game's issues.

Do you work for DB? Do you have an insider to prove that the layoffs didn't affect STT? The quality of this event tells me it was hastily done with little QA hence lack pf personnel.

No he may not work for DB but his criticism can be based on observing behavior and results. His statement that nothing has changed in what we have delivered to us from a QA standpoint can be valid even if it means DB is putting more or less effort into it. The result may very well be the same for the end user experience.

I disagree with that premise some as I think the communication has actually gotten worse but that's just me.

This indeed is my point. This current round of bad or non-existent communication is from my perspective just part of a longer history of more of the same. I can see why it seems like it has gotten worse and the layoffs are an easy thing to point to and say see that is why. Just like the launch of Walking Dead was a thing to point to, or Discovery/CBS or other things. Truth is DB has sucked at communication and QA since day one and honestly all of our speculation as to why is just that speculation. It is "the sky is falling" kind of talk. Oddly I am somewhat reassured that it has only continued to be the same. The only thing I really am missing due to the layoffs are the moments of clarity that Nod would give when we would least expect it. And for the record no I don't work for DB or know anyone that does. Nor do I play a DB employee on TV. :smiley:
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the topic at hand:

The Klingon Fonzie is growing on me. Not for stats, skills or traits (other than “torchbearer”, which ??), but just because it looks cool to me. Alas, I regularly get smushed in Galaxy events and rarely buy any type of packs, so I will be at the mercy of RNGesus for Rejac.

Looks like the Destroyer from the MCU Thor.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Passing the Torch

Edit for some stats:

Torchbearer Rejac

FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 511 (146-363)
    SEC 746 (292-580)

Klingon O’Brien

Anbo-jyutsu Riker

FE 1/4 level 100
    CMD 396 (124-263)
    SEC 503 (120-255)

YES! Finally some more of those Long awaited Command / Security Characters. I plan to have a full roster of those soon.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    dunnagh wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Passing the Torch

Edit for some stats:

Torchbearer Rejac

FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 511 (146-363)
    SEC 746 (292-580)

Klingon O’Brien

Anbo-jyutsu Riker

FE 1/4 level 100
    CMD 396 (124-263)
    SEC 503 (120-255)

YES! Finally some more of those Long awaited Command / Security Characters. I plan to have a full roster of those soon.

It's not even Com/Sec that is kinda insulting. It's:

Pre-event:
    Barak: Com 899 (69-187) Sec 627 (85-190)
    3/4 Com 794 (69–187) Sec 523 (85–190)
    Megaevent:
    Tyler: Com 652 (119–218) Sec 829 (165–342)
    4/5 T'Kuvma Com 946 (240–572) Sec 813 (219–439)
    Last event:
    3/4 Ruk Sec 746 (102–215) (and he is 3-skill with Eng and Sci being more useful for Voyages)

And now we get Riker:
    Com 624 (124-263) Sec 747 (120-255)

As in Tyler -30/-100 (-100)

We didn't just got Com/Sec, we got mediocre Com/Sec after string of decent ones (even Stamets and Saru secondary are pretty good even as 2-skill for Voyage coverage as their Sci is excellent for 4*).
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes, with the poor stats and horrible artwork on O'Brien, and the fact I hate galaxy events, I find I will airlock any crew I achieve for this event. I will participate a little to help out my squad, but not much more than that.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, with the poor stats and horrible artwork on O'Brien, and the fact I hate galaxy events, I find I will airlock any crew I achieve for this event. I will participate a little to help out my squad, but not much more than that.

Too bad squad rewards are, well, essentially worthless. You can get a million VP in this event and nobody will notice the placement difference.
  • Options
    Would anyone be kind enough to post Torchbearer Reja's space ability please? It hasn't been added to the wiki yet.
  • Options
    Bobkyou wrote: »
    Would anyone be kind enough to post Torchbearer Reja's space ability please? It hasn't been added to the wiki yet.

zsnckr19w1ms.jpg

I'm not sure how to edit that part of the wiki, I usually just add stats. But there you go. Courtesy of Frank.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    Bobkyou wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to edit that part of the wiki, I usually just add stats. But there you go. Courtesy of Frank.
    Thanks! I've added the data to the wiki.

Negative 4 evasion, that's harsh for any ship other than the borg cube.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking like Torchbearer is gonna be my first legendary I airlock.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This event highlights that all versions of O'Brien should have the "Veteran" trait.
    His veteran-ness was featured in the franchise several times.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Lol, non of the crew have medical traits yet plenty of medical slots in phase 2......
    2iilw789l416.png
  • Options
    Rejac makes me uncomfortable and I finally figured out why: it's the same issue I have with Chip from Doctor Who: trypophobia.

So no Rejac for me but I like my klingon o'brien enough to actually try this week lol
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
    "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"? No, "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
  • Options
    I finished the threshold rewards and got Klingon O'Brien fully fused, so now I can go back to training my crew.

StSS86L.png
  • Options
    He's alright at diplomacy lol. Must be the dulcet tones.

7w66hbqbf2ih.png

• Options
    edited November 2017
    This event highlights that all versions of O'Brien should have the "Veteran" trait.
    His veteran-ness was featured in the franchise several times.

Not to worry, DB just did a review of all the traits, esp those for upcoming events like this one. Clearly, they got everything right!

Clearly, RAF O'Brien is not a veteran because he was portraying active soldier.

/s

Double whammy that they missed the Veteran trait on Veterans Day weekend in the States.
  • Options
    I wonder how many went through the motions and stopped once they got obrien ff in this event.

Never seen so much dislike for a character as the torchbearer or such an useless combo of com/sec crew in an event as this time.

DB, feel free to have an event with crew that isn't sec/com/dip. We are getting very well stocked on those thank you very much.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morn wrote: »
    I wonder how many went through the motions and stopped once they got obrien ff in this event.

Never seen so much dislike for a character as the torchbearer or such an useless combo of com/sec crew in an event as this time.

DB, feel free to have an event with crew that isn't sec/com/dip. We are getting very well stocked on those thank you very much.

Somebody wants him as the post threshold competition has been a up with the last several galaxies point wise...
  • Options
    People are still fighting to get into the top 1000. Every time I think I can relax in the top 800 or so, I check my standings an hour later and will drop down by 500-1000 ranks.

If I had known it was going to be this big of a fight to the finish, I probably would have stopped at the threshold rewards and not burned through thousands of sorry-chrons in my email this event.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    People are still fighting to get into the top 1000. Every time I think I can relax in the top 800 or so, I check my standings an hour later and will drop down by 500-1000 ranks.

If I had known it was going to be this big of a fight to the finish, I probably would have stopped at the threshold rewards and not burned through thousands of sorry-chrons in my email this event.

The best rule of thumb is to never compete for rank in galaxy events. You will always lose in the long run. Take the free chrons in the threshold rewards and get out.
  • Options
    Morn wrote: »

I airlocked all the Klingon O'Briens once I got them. Poor stats, and generally useless IMHO.
    As for torchbearer, I still can't understand how they came up with the idea of introducing that one to us when there are so many more important Disc characters.

On a side note: torchbearer seems to be killer in the gauntlet. Already ran up against one with huge stats.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...