Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Revisiting Things Past - 01/09

Comments

• *Nope, never mind, delete this*
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding faction frequency, DB has preferred factions for as long as I can remember. Some totals from an arbitrary point in time (specifically, my first event since joining a fleet):

Last 126 events (including Revisiting Things Past)
    32 galaxy
    47 faction
    27 faction/galaxy
    14 skirmish
    6 others I didn't bother to categorize
  • Another faction event.. my supply of shuttle tokens are depleting quickly! Either I need a faster way to earn them, or I'm going to have to start picking and choosing what events I participate in based on new characters being released. :/
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another faction event.. my supply of shuttle tokens are depleting quickly! Either I need a faster way to earn them, or I'm going to have to start picking and choosing what events I participate in based on new characters being released. :/

I feel you, I emptied reserves on my run last week, have barely begun to reload.
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for Admiral Forrest, but with so many Faction events lately I can't go for him.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another faction event, really?
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love cats and I show it. I've done that since I joined three years ago. Sorry if it's putting you off. :)

Haha not put off, was genuinely curious.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am only going for threshold and out... But even with this I feel as though I need at least 20 3* timeboosts (including those required for a kickstart). The likelihood I can do this with only a kickstart is low.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Regarding faction frequency, DB has preferred factions for as long as I can remember. Some totals from an arbitrary point in time (specifically, my first event since joining a fleet):

32 galaxy
    47 faction
    27 faction/galaxy
    14 skirmish

The Issue, is more about the back to back faction or part faction events. Those clearly increased over the past months and factions itself as well. We see way more often Faction / Faction Hybrid / Faction, instead of f.e Faction, Galaxy, Hybrid, Skirmishes, Faction....and so on. We have 4 different event types(Expeditions are dead).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if the Forrest event would have something to do with Convergence Day ... in the style of the 2017 (Convergence Day) and 2018 (Infinite Contentions) events ... get some community spirit going.

Maybe that's why they did this one (Revisiting things Past) as a Faction ... so they could have a Galaxy right after?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    It would be nice if the Forrest event would have something to do with Convergence Day ... in the style of the 2017 (Convergence Day) and 2018 (Infinite Contentions) events ... get some community spirit going.

Maybe that's why they did this one (Revisiting things Past) as a Faction ... so they could have a Galaxy right after?

Love that - he would be a fantastic match considering his connection to the founding of the Federation.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another faction event.. my supply of shuttle tokens are depleting quickly! Either I need a faster way to earn them, or I'm going to have to start picking and choosing what events I participate in based on new characters being released. :/

Have you heard about the Credit Card? It can get you all the boosts you need...
  • Another faction event.. my supply of shuttle tokens are depleting quickly! Either I need a faster way to earn them, or I'm going to have to start picking and choosing what events I participate in based on new characters being released. :/

Have you heard about the Credit Card? It can get you all the boosts you need...

Can it get me shuttle tokens?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

32 galaxy
    47 faction
    27 faction/galaxy
    14 skirmish

The Issue, is more about the back to back faction or part faction events. Those clearly increased over the past months and factions itself as well. We see way more often Faction / Faction Hybrid / Faction, instead of f.e Faction, Galaxy, Hybrid, Skirmishes, Faction....and so on. We have 4 different event types(Expeditions are dead).

HOW...DARE...YOU! Expeditions are NOT dead! They're just...resting! :D

Beautiful plumage, isn't it? :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    It's not pining it's passed on! This event is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its programmer! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace, if you hadn't commented about it on the forum it'd be pushing up the daisies! Its algorithmic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its transwarp coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PEDITION!!

Ha! Like an ex-wife. No longer with you

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not pining it's passed on! This event is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its programmer! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace, if you hadn't commented about it on the forum it'd be pushing up the daisies! Its algorithmic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its transwarp coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PEDITION!!

Well, I never wanted to do an expedition in the first place. I wanted to be... a lumberjack!

hwtspo59i5xs.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Well, I never wanted to do an expedition in the first place. I wanted to be... a lumberjack!

hwtspo59i5xs.jpg

Dang it, you trying to get me to do another one?! lol ;)
  • Aww leave him alone Data's okay he's a lumberjack, he chops down trees just like his dear papa.
  • Is anyone else completely lost in this discussion??
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else completely lost in this discussion??

It’s a Monty Python thing. I never thought they were funny. Its too goofy for me but that’s where they are going with it

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now all we need is some excuse to quote the peasants collective bit from Holy Grail and we'll have the internet Python Quote Trifecta.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now all we need is some excuse to quote the peasants collective bit from Holy Grail and we'll have the internet Python Quote Trifecta.

Oh, I use to DREAM about achieving the Python Quote Trifecta!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)