Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Revisiting Things Past - 01/09

Comments

• Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Imagine how much nicer and productive it would have been if you just send me a message about it :)

Post of the day.

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    EnderW wrote: »
    Did people notice that the pack deals were switched up? The $10 pack right now is for the new event SR; typically the new SR is the 2 star $25 pack from Wednesday (event announcement) till Saturday at noon. But the event legendary is still the 2 stars for $100. Odd they change that sequence without pointing it out.

I noticed, but didn't want to say anything. I was afraid DB might try to fix it and botch all of the event deals.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Uninteresting skill set in spite of ENG tertiary. He's primarily a CMD/DIP crew and that's nothing special. Him being outside of the top 15 voyage ranks makes you chasing yet another CMD/DIP crew that you probably don't need.

Crew as of late has been criminally lacking traits and he's no exception. These days, any CMD/DIP with no eventable traits and no variants goes straight to the trash bin for me.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this recently. Then again, what other traits would Forrest get?

Well, maybe they could add a United Earth trait.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over three hours in. Still says "next week's"......

7vudirzkk814.jpg

Imagine how much nicer and productive it would have been if you just send me a message about it :)

But, I had made a new Meme!!!!!

I keed a lot. Sorry.

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over three hours in. Still says "next week's"......

7vudirzkk814.jpg

Memes are fun.
    ...mostly
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. So this time, we're helping Sisko and Odo just straight up assassinate Gul Dukat. And using Dejaren to do it because of his psychopathy, so we're weaponizing mental illness. Cool, cool.

Usually the stories in this game aren't great but this is a new step in mediocrity. Sometimes that's funny, but in this case it really shows that DB employees don't know much about Star Trek. I won't fault anyone for not caring that much about what's ultimately a TV show, however, hiring people who do give a crap about the material you're working with seems to be a no brainer, yet here we are, discussing how Starfleet personnel plans to assassinate a foreign dignitary.

An alternative story could have been Sisko and his team trying to escape the station, they find the hologram and convince him to impersonate Dukat to help them. It took me about 2 minutes to come up with that so I'm sure people who get paid for that have the leisure to do even better.
  • Ren~ wrote: »
    Wow. So this time, we're helping Sisko and Odo just straight up assassinate Gul Dukat. And using Dejaren to do it because of his psychopathy, so we're weaponizing mental illness. Cool, cool.

Usually the stories in this game aren't great but this is a new step in mediocrity. Sometimes that's funny, but in this case it really shows that DB employees don't know much about Star Trek. I won't fault anyone for not caring that much about what's ultimately a TV show, however, hiring people who do give a crap about the material you're working with seems to be a no brainer, yet here we are, discussing how Starfleet personnel plans to assassinate a foreign dignitary.
    Assassinating a foreign dignitary is sadly topical this week.
  • I agree the story for this event makes no sense. Why would Sisko and Odo just suddenly decide they're supposed to commit the act that their characters were innocent of last time?

In addition, whoever wrote this event knows nothing about Dejaren. He was never a Federation hologram; he was from an alien ship in the Delta Quadrant, and never so much as came in contact with a Starfleet vessel (Torres and Doc boarded his ship).
    I agree the story for this event makes no sense. Why would Sisko and Odo just suddenly decide they're supposed to commit the act that their characters were innocent of last time?

In addition, whoever wrote this event knows nothing about Dejaren. He was never a Federation hologram; he was from an alien ship in the Delta Quadrant, and never so much as came in contact with a Starfleet vessel (Torres and Doc boarded his ship).

I commented on the separate "Assassination" thread that perhaps this Dejaren is another undocumented Timelines Original like the in-game Thrax. The in-game Thrax is neither the real Thrax, nor Odo thinking he is Thrax.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

An alternative story could have been Sisko and his team trying to escape the station, they find the hologram and convince him to impersonate Dukat to help them. It took me about 2 minutes to come up with that so I'm sure people who get paid for that have the leisure to do even better.

Ren, looking forward to your first positive post.....think I might be waiting a while.

I will be more positive when DB starts to show they care about us and not only because we have wallets. :) Showing a modicum of respect for the franchise they're working with would be a good start. Something like not writing nonsensical stories, giving characters their appropriate traits and so on.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Personally, that would make the app a quick delete.

Exactly, people who want to be happy and enjoy would not spend so much precious time on something (by postings alone) which they find so **tsk tsk** in each and every way. Unless they are a 5 letter word starting with t and ending with l...

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Ren, looking forward to your first positive post.....think I might be waiting a while.

I will be more positive when DB starts to show they care about us and not only because we have wallets. :) Showing a modicum of respect for the franchise they're working with would be a good start. Something like not writing nonsensical stories, giving characters their appropriate traits and so on.

I'm sorry, but why do you play this game? Your comments indicate that you seem to hate everything about it. Personally, that would make the app a quick delete.

I like Star Trek, don't mind the game, dislike the developers. How is that any of your business by the way?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I'm sorry, but why do you play this game? Your comments indicate that you seem to hate everything about it. Personally, that would make the app a quick delete.

I like Star Trek, don't mind the game, dislike the developers. How is that any of your business by the way?

It's absolutely none of my business. I'm glad to see you don't mind it, because that's not at all the feeling your posts give off and the constant negativity can really drag a thread down.
    edited January 2020

It's absolutely none of my business. I'm glad to see you don't mind it, because that's not at all the feeling your posts give off and the constant negativity can really drag a thread down.

I actually see what Ren is saying. This week's Event dialog really can make one question how familiar the person or persons is/are with the established 🌟 Trek franchise.

Mainline Federation would never endorse killing Dukat
    Dejaren is not a Federation hologram

I did not read the dialog myself, but those two things seem to be what popped out at people.

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I have three major complaints right now, DB serving us faction events every other week, flashbacks and DB's lack of respect for Star Trek Canon. My other posts are usually neutral, when I say a crew is bad it's just that, a bad crew, but you need the useless ones for the good ones to shine. I don't even understand how this could be perceived as negative...

If you're interested in why I dislike faction events (like many others) it's because
    - they require a lot of attention over the course of 4 days, every 3h is too often and 4 days is too long
    - it's the least rewarding event type. Galaxy have community rewards and skirmishes have a bit of honour. Not enough for a 4th star mind you but it's better than shuttles.
    - they're tailored for whale's ego strokes. Someone just bought 3M VP for the current event, that's several thousand euros, and ethically, a game dev asking asking for so much for such a cheap game is wrong.

Flashbacks also have their own issue, mainly taking away an event rerun spot with the 400k VP character.

All this combined with what I think is DB's disrespecting the franchise with stupid stories and crew lacking the traits their scene or episode demands greatly diminish my enjoyment of the game. Overall it's a fine little game for what it is but I don't see the point of posting things such as "oh wow I got lucky in the gauntlet" or "look at my voyage haul", this is the kind of post that I consider background noise and I don't really have time for that, which is why I focus on issues I deem as more important. With that and me enjoying discussing the relative value of old and new crew, that's enough time spent on the forums.
  • I am loving the irony of asking a poster "how is that any of your business" and then sharing ones "business" with the whole forum in a lengthy post.

Thanks for the chuckle. :)

When you post in a forum, it becomes the forum's business. These are not private messages.
  • I am loving the irony of asking a poster "how is that any of your business" and then sharing ones "business" with the whole forum in a lengthy post.

When you post in a forum, it becomes the forum's business. These are not private messages.

That was kind of my point :)
    I am loving the irony of asking a poster "how is that any of your business" and then sharing ones "business" with the whole forum in a lengthy post.

Wait, what?!?!? Everyone saw that video I sent Banjo?!?!?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

I have three major complaints right now, DB serving us faction events every other week, flashbacks and DB's lack of respect for Star Trek Canon. My other posts are usually neutral, when I say a crew is bad it's just that, a bad crew, but you need the useless ones for the good ones to shine. I don't even understand how this could be perceived as negative...

If you're interested in why I dislike faction events (like many others) it's because
    - they require a lot of attention over the course of 4 days, every 3h is too often and 4 days is too long
    - it's the least rewarding event type. Galaxy have community rewards and skirmishes have a bit of honour. Not enough for a 4th star mind you but it's better than shuttles.
    - they're tailored for whale's ego strokes. Someone just bought 3M VP for the current event, that's several thousand euros, and ethically, a game dev asking asking for so much for such a cheap game is wrong.

Flashbacks also have their own issue, mainly taking away an event rerun spot with the 400k VP character.

All this combined with what I think is DB's disrespecting the franchise with stupid stories and crew lacking the traits their scene or episode demands greatly diminish my enjoyment of the game. Overall it's a fine little game for what it is but I don't see the point of posting things such as "oh wow I got lucky in the gauntlet" or "look at my voyage haul", this is the kind of post that I consider background noise and I don't really have time for that, which is why I focus on issues I deem as more important. With that and me enjoying discussing the relative value of old and new crew, that's enough time spent on the forums.

I have your back on this one, and I will even assist you with regard to faction event fatigue. All of your points on faction events are in my estimation valid and parallel with my own, but I would add one thing to your list, chroniton hoarding.

When we as players are handed faction events for several weeks in a row, we do not really have an outlet for our chronitons, so they build up and accumulate, and when we finally get a non-faction weekend, assuming the ranked 5* reward crew isn't awful, there are a large number of players eager to compete and have a lot of ammunition to throw at it, because all these faction events have the unintended side effect of destabilizing galaxy and skirmish events by artificially inflated the chroniton reserves of the playerbase. So in my opinion, having several faction events in a row is not only undesirable on merit alone, but it also serves to kind of ruin the events that come after.

I think it's probably prudent to clarify this is applicable only to players who don't have a backlog of crew to work on. That said, as such a player, I can affirm that I stockpile chronitons and earmark them for the monthly-ish Skirmish.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »

I have your back on this one, and I will even assist you with regard to faction event fatigue. All of your points on faction events are in my estimation valid and parallel with my own, but I would add one thing to your list, chroniton hoarding.

When we as players are handed faction events for several weeks in a row, we do not really have an outlet for our chronitons, so they build up and accumulate, and when we finally get a non-faction weekend, assuming the ranked 5* reward crew isn't awful, there are a large number of players eager to compete and have a lot of ammunition to throw at it, because all these faction events have the unintended side effect of destabilizing galaxy and skirmish events by artificially inflated the chroniton reserves of the playerbase. So in my opinion, having several faction events in a row is not only undesirable on merit alone, but it also serves to kind of ruin the events that come after.

Not having enough factions also has the side effect of boosts piling up due to all the extras available now, and that leads to insanely competitive factions.

I agree. The entire time I was writing that I had a metaphor in my head of the balancing act the rangers at Yellowstone (and other parks) go through constantly with regard to deer population and wolf population. When there are too many wolves the deer become scarce and the wolves become a threat to other wildlife and even people, but when the wolves are removed or their numbers reduced the deer become rampant which disrupts the park, so a balance is constantly desired, and I think the same thing holds true with STT events; when the ratios of events get out of balance it throws everything off.