Home The Bridge

Happy 4th Game Anniversary / ConvergenceDay

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Since we had one copy of Convergence Day Quark, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him in the second campaign track next month which would get him immortalized for most players. I look forward to the next few days fur sure!

CD Quark was, IIRC, my first Legendary. And despite having immortalized almost sixty 5* crew since then, he's still at 1/5. So I wouldn't complain about having him be in an upcoming Campaign. ;)

He's also only 2 stats and showing his age. I can't imagine CD Quark would generate a lot of sales.

If Scrooge Data sold well, I could see Four Lights Picard being the new campaign crew.

For Convergence Day, I'm sticking with my prediction that Tourist Worf is more than just a new 3* crew.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Since we had one copy of Convergence Day Quark, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him in the second campaign track next month which would get him immortalized for most players. I look forward to the next few days fur sure!
    CD Quark was, IIRC, my first Legendary. And despite having immortalized almost sixty 5* crew since then, he's still at 1/5. So I wouldn't complain about having him be in an upcoming Campaign. ;)
    He's also only 2 stats and showing his age. I can't imagine CD Quark would generate a lot of sales.

One reason why I've never wasted any citations on him, lol. But it could be something that would drum up more interest if they announced a Ferengi- or Quark-themed mega just before the Campaign, for instance. In any case, as always, I put my own desires above everyone else's. >:)

peq0y1gxdtvc.gif

After all, "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many, or the few" — that is how that goes, right?

egi5c2046beu.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    After the first Convergence Day, I assumed Quark would be an annual giveaway. But I guess that would've angered people who cited him. Now that we're 4 years in, and given his relatively weak stats, maybe they should give us 4 of him.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

For Convergence Day, I'm sticking with my prediction that Tourist Worf is more than just a new 3* crew.

I sincerely hope that DB would never do that to Shan and her credibility here. I played a game where the game company fed false info to their player liaison so he would pass it on to the players on Twitter. Who do you think everyone hated when the truth came out?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • edited January 2020
    Happy Anniversary... Now tommorw I'm betting db will be reinitiating the crew slot and dabo sale in honor of it's 4th anniversary XD
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Do they decorate for Convergence Day? Maybe put up lights?

Maybe.....

FOUR LIGHTS?!?!?

Wouldn't it be amazing for a 1/5 version of 4 Lights Picard to be given away for the game's 4th anniversary, with 4 more copies becoming available in the next campaign, to coincide with the show's launch and a Picard-themed event (involving the other leaked Picard related crew)?!?

I'm still hoping for a Picard Mega, with the Galaxy Event having Naussicaan as the new 4 🌟 and the Voyage only Picard as the existing 4 🌟. Fuse them to make "No Rugrats Picard".

I’m still hoping that your speculation about that silhouette being a fusion remains just that: speculation. I like @Webberoni ’s idea much better! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The next campaign and next mega-event will be announces as usual, so about 1 week prior :)
    Yours truly's brain can only handle so much at any point in time ^^

Thanks for managing (my) expectations! It'll be a long morning awaiting the announcement tomorrow. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I sincerely hope that DB would never do that to Shan and her credibility here. I played a game where the game company fed false info to their player liaison so he would pass it on to the players on Twitter. Who do you think everyone hated when the truth came out?

I'll remind you of the time DB had a broken portal. Shan reported that the portal had been tested by the senior QA engineer live in production.

An hour later the product owner came in and admitted the players were right and the portal had been broken for months.

DB/Shan never explained how the portal had been tested in production and reported working an hour before admitting it had been broken for months.

And then there is the silence about the AND bug fix.

I don't know whether DB instructs what to Shan, or she decides on her own, but a change like this wouldn't be the first time a "correction" has been made. Nor do I even think players would complain if on Tuesday Shan announced, "surprise Tourist Worf is actually a free 5* we're sending to everyone."
  • Thank you @DB for a wonderful game - I only have two games on my phone, and the other is Sudoku for when I don't have signal. Happy 4th anniversary!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remember how annoying it was for my first 6 months to go up against Convergence Day Quark in the gauntlet until I got better crew.
  • Convergence Day is January 14th. At least google says that's the official release date. 😉
    43kzm57sn0dw.jpeg

Oh, thank you @Zom[BAD] Squirrel for the correction. I always thought its the 12th, as I put it in my calendar as a yearly reminder back in 2017 ... based on this link:
    https://intl.startrek.com/article/timelines-celebrates-1st-anniversary-with-convergence-day
    and this one:
    https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2017/1/10/convergence-day-comes-to-star-trek-timelines
    and this one:
    https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewannounce/59944_50/

All posted on a January 12 and talking about the 1 year anniversary.

I know that Google is not always correct, but i presume in this case, the press releases (see links) were only talking generally about the anniversary then and not on the specific date. Its at least logical to me.

Now, looking forward to what DB is having in its cache of surprise boxes for us this year.

Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me all this time to realize, Star Trek Timelines started the same week as I did at my current job (Was notified my 4 year anniversary was on Saturday). [I didn't start playing Timelines until December.]
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    It took me all this time to realize, Star Trek Timelines started the same week as I did at my current job (Was notified my 4 year anniversary was on Saturday). [I didn't start playing Timelines until December.]

You crew is VERY advanced for only having played a month!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Flemming wrote: »

You crew is VERY advanced for only having played a month!

They should be, I stole them from your crew.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I saved up my honor...honor offers every day until the 21st!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    No Porthos as 4th year avatar. Thats just sad. 😞

All other things i am OK with. Everyone can get a new 4/5 McCoy and even with just 1 skill, thx to his 1600+ base, he will have good use on shuttles and faction events.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • robownage wrote: »

Lucky you. I had more than 400k saved up before Christmas, then spent almost all of it on citations on January 1 after we didn't get any honor sales then like we did last year. Now I feel like a complete idiot.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo. I have 800k right now
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • robownage wrote: »

Same! The achievement glitch set my spidey senses off. So I decided to wait it out. Was willing to wait for the next campaign to spend them.
    I spent 236,000 to do the Evolution thing on Lizard Janeway.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Before everyone loses it lets make sure we see what type of honor offers they mean. It does not automatically mean they will do what they did for Christmas 2018.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before everyone loses it lets make sure we see what type of honor offers they mean. It does not automatically mean they will do what they did for Christmas 2018.

It does mention all limited time offers will include a 5* citation until January 30th. Not sure if that is the paid offers or the honor offers.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Before everyone loses it lets make sure we see what type of honor offers they mean. It does not automatically mean they will do what they did for Christmas 2018.

It does mention all limited time offers will include a 5* citation until January 30th. Not sure if that is the paid offers or the honor offers.

I’m taking it as the paid ones to which this is a great bonus!!

edited January 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I’m taking it as the paid ones to which this is a great bonus!!

LTO usually does refer to the things you can buy.

5* Crew/Chronitons/Creds
    Portal Pulls
    Scheme Packs

Stuff like that.

Like this:

cwt0vkr4f11p.jpg
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    When immortalized, Bones' MED stat is so high that he will be #1 for all combinations of MED shuttles except SCI (he's #2)...despite only having one skill.

Even at 1*, he's barely outside the Top 10 for MED bases. Now THAT is how you do a one-skilled legendary.

Plus, he probably is the newest Arena Sledgehammer.

Instant 600% Damage, with 3 second initiation.

Or not. If only the official stats had been posted 30 minutes earlier to check before confusing people...

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15330/star-trek-timelines-turns-four#latest
    When immortalized, Bones' MED stat is so high that he will be #1 for all combinations of MED shuttles except SCI (he's #2)...despite only having one skill.

Even at 1*, he's barely outside the Top 10 for MED bases. Now THAT is how you do a one-skilled legendary.

Plus, he probably is the newest Arena Sledgehammer.

Instant 600% Damage, with 3 second initiation.

Or not. If only the official stats had been posted 30 minutes earlier to check before confusing people...

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15330/star-trek-timelines-turns-four#latest

Sorry it was unclear that was a joke......

Have a nice day.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish I hadn't splurged out on my honor the other day.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO