Home The Bridge

Happy 4th Game Anniversary / ConvergenceDay

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Before everyone loses it lets make sure we see what type of honor offers they mean. It does not automatically mean they will do what they did for Christmas 2018.

It does mention all limited time offers will include a 5* citation until January 30th. Not sure if that is the paid offers or the honor offers.

I’m taking it as the paid ones to which this is a great bonus!!

LTO usually does refer to the things you can buy.

5* Crew/Chronitons/Creds
    Portal Pulls
    Scheme Packs

Stuff like that.

Like this:

cwt0vkr4f11p.jpg

CLARIFICATION:

Although it is labeled as a "Limited Time Offer" the "Double Your Crew" Offer does not include a Citation. Not complaining, just pointing this out before someone makes an angry post.

👍🖖👍🖖👍
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Before everyone loses it lets make sure we see what type of honor offers they mean. It does not automatically mean they will do what they did for Christmas 2018.

It does mention all limited time offers will include a 5* citation until January 30th. Not sure if that is the paid offers or the honor offers.

I’m taking it as the paid ones to which this is a great bonus!!

LTO usually does refer to the things you can buy.

5* Crew/Chronitons/Creds
    Portal Pulls
    Scheme Packs

Stuff like that.

Like this:

cwt0vkr4f11p.jpg

CLARIFICATION:

Although it is labeled as a "Limited Time Offer" the "Double Your Crew" Offer does not include a Citation. Not complaining, just pointing this out before someone makes an angry post.

👍🖖👍🖖👍

I approve. Very good clarification. I suppose I could see a whale or two counting down that 24-hour cooldown to do a DYC plus a citation. I'm no whale, but I would be tempted to do it once just because. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    When immortalized, Bones' MED stat is so high that he will be #1 for all combinations of MED shuttles except SCI (he's #2)...despite only having one skill.

Even at 1*, he's just inside the Top 10 for MED bases at #9 (ahead of Darth Bashir).

Now THAT is how you do a one-skilled legendary.

How good is this 5 🌟 one Skill Crew?

If I had the money, I would have DYC him, taken the LTO, and used the third Chevo to start a second copy.......

Highest med in the game by 270.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highest MED in the game, but still hard to justify on a Voyage with 1 stat.

Faction events he's only useful with a bonus.

And do non-faction shuttles really matter? The difficulty adjusts for success rates anyway.

A nice crew, and I'm happy to get him 4/5, but he's not really a must have.
    AviTrek wrote: »

And do non-faction shuttles really matter? The difficulty adjusts for success rates anyway.

1641 med before star bases means that he will be equivalent to any 820 bonus crew for med slot. It is true there are not many med slots in faction events so it is up to the individual. Remember also you get a legendary honor citation with the 9.99 deal as well.
    Let’s fly!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Stompy wrote: »
    Serious questions....

How many citations should i buy?

I have 1.1M honor or so (i was hoarding for a potential christmas sale like 2018).

Is the honor pack for $9.99 worth it?

Any recommendations appreciated
    $9.99 for a legendary citation I think is worth it. I know other offers such as campaign might give you more.
    But the LTO offer with legendary citation for $9.99 and the legendary citation with 10000 honor are both worth $9.99. Right now it feels like Christmas with the legendary citations. But do not pass on these offers unless you cannot afford to be spending $9.99 or if you cannot afford the campaign.
    Best offers are the monthly pass and Campaign. So make sure you can spend on those, then if you can afford it look at these two offers today that include a legendary citation

Edit;: just to point out as @DScottHewitt pointed out make sure it's not the $24.99 double you crew offer. Should say legendary citation included.rgc5w05dt3dw.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stompy wrote: »
    I re/ugret not buying more crew slots during the sale....

Did not worry about freezing superrare crew. Just try to unfreeze the event crew as needed
    edited January 2020
    thank you!

However you did just squash my hopes for another skirmish coming soon.
    280 space battles? that's very doable, but just insanely easy if there'd to be a skirmish.

Also, McCoy allready Immortalized...
    Twice the rewards offer +1
    Limited time offer + 1
    Free from portal +1
    Got some chrones saved and you see the temp achievements, i guess 280 ship battles is possible + 1
    Stored honor + (whatever honor you got)

Okay, it's doable...

EDIT: REPLACED BRAIN FREEZE!!!!!

On the Skirmish. We have several Events before the Chevos go away. Skirmish could be in there.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

I was looking at it as he can, with two copies, fill both Med Slots on a Voyage. Almost three hours of Medical Hazards by himself with two copies. If other Skills are well covered, it is an option.

Also, the Traits I see most often on Medical Slots on Voyages are:

Federation
    Starfleet
    Human
    Physician
    Hologram

He has four of the five. So, a bonus 50 AM as well, often.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking at it as he can, with two copies, fill both Med Slots on a Voyage. Almost three hours of Medical Hazards by himself with two copies. If other Skills are well covered, it is an option.

Federation
    Starfleet
    Human
    Physician
    Hologram

:#:#:#
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

Difficulty does max out. I reached that point a considerable time ago and McCoy will be great for me in increasing success chance for med shuttles.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Federation
    Starfleet
    Human
    Physician
    Hologram

However, putting a 1 skill on a voyage drops two of your other skills, so the voyage won't go as long as it could, guaranteed.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The first offer I believe is worth it.
    u5h9362ozcr5.png

The second offer is worth it if you do not have the honor to take advantage of all the begolds and legendary citation for 40000 honor. Again only if you can afford the $24.99.
    l0d52ocvvn5r.png
    Edit: this second offer pops up after you buy the first offer for $9.99
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given your focus on extended voyages, I'm surprised to hear you have been holding anyone back from a voyage to staff a shuttle.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given your focus on extended voyages, I'm surprised to hear you have been holding anyone back from a voyage to staff a shuttle.

You are right. But for faction events which we have been getting a lot of lately, McCoy will save you a voyage Med crew.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

You are right. But for faction events which we have been getting a lot of lately, McCoy will save you a voyage Med crew.

For faction events where McCoy is bonus or with a lot of med slots and minimal bonus med.
    A base of 1641 means bonus crew needs of at least 821 to top McCoy. By my count there are 40 crew with that base. Plus more if you factor in AND slot missions. It's hard to say who will/won't use McCoy without know the rest of the roster, but those 40 crew will likely have someone or two with bonus, so even less opportunity to use McCoy.
    Those without many good crew could conceivably use McCoy in voyages even at 4/5 he would be a great help to a great many players.
    Let’s fly!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Y
    WaldoMag wrote: »

For faction events where McCoy is bonus or with a lot of med slots and minimal bonus med.
    A base of 1641 means bonus crew needs of at least 821 to top McCoy. By my count there are 40 crew with that base. Plus more if you factor in AND slot missions. It's hard to say who will/won't use McCoy without know the rest of the roster, but those 40 crew will likely have someone or two with bonus, so even less opportunity to use McCoy.

I think a better argument would be that MED slots are not in high demand. There are not a lot of bonus crew in events with MED so it is very likely for this McCoy to be second or third best. But you may only need one MED crew for the faction event.

Edit: I should also mention very unlikely to need McCoy if only sending four shuttles at a time. Possibly can be useful if sending six. I think he will be useful if one sends out 8 or more at a time. But sending more shuttles at a time is usually better done when there is a large number of bonus crew. Which again might mean more bonus crew with MED. So, it really is hard to say if McCoy will be useful. But with the achievements and the LTO with the legendary citation and McCoy for $9.99 you will have an immortalized McCoy.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the last five Faction or F/G events, seats with MED from 3 or 4 seat missions accounted for 4.2% (14/332) of the seats. Three of the five events had two or fewer seats with MED from 3 or 4 seat missions.

The Faction before that with 15 MED bonus crew (47% of all bonus crew), MED still only appeared in 8.6% (7/81) of the 3 or 4 seat mission seats.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW if Bones had been around for last week's event, fully fused he would've been your best bet for any MED seats, and second best after FF Culber if the seat was MED AND SCI.

To @Automaton_2000 's point, the MED seats were easily avoided in this last event, but as someone who doesn't like to waste shuttles, I wouldn't have hated having him around.
    I would like to underline the appreciation for the idea of temporary achievement rewards. This is really great. Please give us more of that, it could also be with smaller rewards like boosts, purple citations, crew slots, voyage tokens or shuttle rentals.

Totally endorse this idea. Lots of things they could do.

• AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Glad I saved up my honor...honor offers every day until the 21st!
    Glad I saved all my credits and merits!

Had over 90M credits and over 350k merits. And especially spending the credits for basic ten pulls was a time consuming pain in the butt, but it was worth it! I've farmed a lot of honor for the legendary beholds + legendary citation offers, and I got useful beholds as well. The only useless legendary behold I got was that one I got from a basic credits pack.

From the merit pulls I got two useless legendaries, but three useful ones. Additionally, I bought the Convergence Day bundle twice and got all three advertised legendaries. And on top of that one legendary more and the new super rare crew.

Overall, I got ten new legendaries, some random stars for fusing and citations for fully fusing. Best Christmas offers ever!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Looks like the honor deals from yesterday are back on again today! 1 citation and 1 beGold for 40,000 honor!

Glad I had over 800k honor saved!

Except the 10k one has no citation
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even at 1/5, McCoy is in good company:

skmhdcdviz80.jpg
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the 10K one had a citation yesterday.

It is interesting that they have the same deal two days in a row. Should I spend more or see if there is a different offer tomorrow.
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Looks like the honor deals from yesterday are back on again today! 1 citation and 1 beGold for 40,000 honor!

Glad I had over 800k honor saved!

Except the 10k one has no citation

I don't think it had a citation yesterday either.