Home The Bridge

Happy 4th Game Anniversary / ConvergenceDay

Comments

• I feel a little bad for the captains who spent all their honor in the last two weeks. But I tried to post everywhere that it was mentioned... "I would wait until Convergence Day." Sorry for saying I told you so, but patience often pays dividends in this game. Learned that from @Data1001 .

Looking forward to seeing if the deals will be worth the money or honor. I've got plenty of one, but the other is a bit limited.

I took your advice and didn't spend any honour :).
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the 40k+citation pack 10 per day or 10 for the duration of the sale?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »

Expires tomorrow.....

gzoax82r32co.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • dext74 wrote: »

I was wondering that, too. It reads a little like (only) the 10K offer would be changing every day. The 40Ks might be here to stay. If not, I would be curious to see what else they had in stock for the rest of the week. I have about enough for the 10 citations, and the value is immense, but I would hate to see something better come along after that.
    dext74 wrote: »

I was wondering that, too. It reads a little like (only) the 10K offer would be changing every day. The 40Ks might be here to stay. If not, I would be curious to see what else they had in stock for the rest of the week. I have about enough for the 10 citations, and the value is immense, but I would hate to see something better come along after that.

There was a 24 hour timer on both Offers......

5tyymd118ijj.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bit. Got a couple decent ones and this:
    amv3xziwmln3.jpg
    I want the Empress, but I'm told Paris is a must-have. Hopefully I will have time to check stats and voyage points between my next jobs.
  • I wonder what the other offers this week will be. I can't imagine an honor offer better than 40k for a behold and a citation. I'm worried they'll be worse than this and I'll regret not spending all my honor on those
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the other offers this week will be. I can't imagine an honor offer better than 40k for a behold and a citation. I'm worried they'll be worse than this and I'll regret not spending all my honor on those

That's exactly why I just said **tsk tsk** it and went for it
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the Empress, but I'm told Paris is a must-have.

Not anymore. Really weak statistically, but plays a bit better on voyages due to the skill set. I'd still take him, but if you have an attachment to Georgiou, she's sure to get her share of events down the line.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i'll get all 10. 'tis a sweet deal.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Awesome deals, best that DB have ever put on!! I'd bite while the going is good! Got two all immortalised beholds so far, so not the best results, but to good a deal to pass up.

Its hard to imagine what better deals could top these.

As a side, once you purchase the first 9.99 deal for 10,00 honor (with a citation inc), another deal for 40,000 honor (and citation) for 23.99 replaces it.

Also, can anybody clarify if the temp achievements for Bones are live for some captains, and if so, where in the UI is it displayed? In the normal achievement tab under campaigns, or somewhere else temporarily?
  • I feel a little bad for the captains who spent all their honor in the last two weeks. But I tried to post everywhere that it was mentioned... "I would wait until Convergence Day." Sorry for saying I told you so, but patience often pays dividends in this game. Learned that from @Data1001 .

Looking forward to seeing if the deals will be worth the money or honor. I've got plenty of one, but the other is a bit limited.

It was good advice in hindsight, but it would've carried a lot more weight from a DB employee at the time. I would've appreciated some sort of official hint or clue that an honor sale would be coming for Convergence Day, though. There was plenty of discussion on this forum last month about whether folks should hold or spend their hoards if it didn't happen over the holidays, as it did the year before. Even something as simple as "There won't be an honor sale this December, but you might see one in the next few months" would've saved me (and maybe others) some disappointment about today's deals.
  • KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I must admit I spent some honor recently as I thought with everyone saying how much honor they had stored up they would not do a sale now. Thankfully I did keep some just in case
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel a little bad for the captains who spent all their honor in the last two weeks. But I tried to post everywhere that it was mentioned... "I would wait until Convergence Day." Sorry for saying I told you so, but patience often pays dividends in this game. Learned that from @Data1001 .

It was good advice in hindsight, but it would've carried a lot more weight from a DB employee at the time. I would've appreciated some sort of official hint or clue that an honor sale would be coming for Convergence Day, though. There was plenty of discussion on this forum last month about whether folks should hold or spend their hoards if it didn't happen over the holidays, as it did the year before. Even something as simple as "There won't be an honor sale this December, but you might see one in the next few months" would've saved me (and maybe others) some disappointment about today's deals.

I completely agree that it would have been better for DB to send some sort of warning. Even if it were cryptic. But... Patience wins the day in this game.
    I feel a little bad for the captains who spent all their honor in the last two weeks. But I tried to post everywhere that it was mentioned... "I would wait until Convergence Day." Sorry for saying I told you so, but patience often pays dividends in this game. Learned that from @Data1001 .

I took your advice and didn't spend any honour :).

I know you didn't ask, but for anyone who wants a little more advice, I don't see the daily deals getting better than this. I bought the max of both behold offers: 10 + 1. I still have some honor to play with, so take this with a grain of salt.
    Farewell 🖖
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Goodbye 400k honor... awesome!!!

10 crew and 10 citations for 400k honor?!?

Got 10 citations and saved 100k honor, and got 10 crew
    - added stars to 7, immortalizing 2
    - Romulan Picard (new)
    - Replicant Boothby (new)
    - EV Suit Burnham (new)

Happy birthday STT and thanks DB!!!
  • I know you didn't ask, but for anyone who wants a little more advice, I don't see the daily deals getting better than this. I bought the max of both behold offers: 10 + 1. I still have some honor to play with, so take this with a grain of salt.

That's what I did, too. Managed to add a lot of stars and got some crew I've been wanting for a while (Hello Warship EMA!).
    I remembered I was annoyed with myself for not buying the 1st Christmas offer twice because that ended up being the best offer of them all IMO.
    Didn't the mail say something about Bones having a new soundclip? Mine is silent.......

They have been coming in slowly. ALL the sound bytes!

"I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!"
    "I'm a doctor, not an engineer!"
    "I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!"
    "Mm, yes."
    "I'm not a scientist or a physicist."

Yeah. Started talking between when I left the library and when I got home.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always recommend a soft floor on things such as honor, that you don't dip below, in case a good offer comes out. that way, if an offer DOES come out, you are prepared.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the Kirk i cited with the 100K from the honor glitch like

tenor.gif?itemid=11123316

:D think you could get that glitch to happen again Shan? :)
  • dxvym04ciz5v.png
    speaking of convergence day Quark. Not sure who to pick here Quark or Dark Ages McCoy. can make a slot for them.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    dxvym04ciz5v.png
    speaking of convergence day Quark. Not sure who to pick here Quark or Dark Ages McCoy. can make a slot for them.

I only just got Quark today. Unless you are really new in gauntlet, I would take McCoy.
  • dxvym04ciz5v.png

I only just got Quark today. Unless you are really new in gauntlet, I would take McCoy.

been in gauntlet but need better crew. I'll take McCoy
  • I used my 80k saved and got the behold and citation twice. First begold had Mintakin Riker and 2 other gold's ff. The second had Mjntakin Riker again, Fennim (new) and an ff gold. Took the 2nd star for Riker.
  • Where can you see the temp achievements and your progress on them? I do not see them in the achievements section?
  • KarthonKarthon ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I can also answer my own question... (although I didn't think I logged in prior to this, oh well):

If you were already logged in today prior to the achievements going live you will need to wait until the next reset to see them, fear not you will have plenty of time to complete these achievements.

The temporary achievements are:
    - complete 15 Dilemmas
    - complete 100 Gauntlets
    - complete 280 Space Battles
  • edited January 2020
    I did one more behold+citation pull than I wanted and ended with my first star for Gary Seven! Tempted to just throw some of the plethora of citations I bought today onto him but knowing my luck he’ll be the campaign gold for next month haha
    robownage wrote: »
    When immortalized, Bones' MED stat is so high that he will be #1 for all combinations of MED shuttles except SCI (he's #2)...despite only having one skill.

Even at 1*, he's just inside the Top 10 for MED bases at #9 (ahead of Darth Bashir).

Now THAT is how you do a one-skilled legendary.

How good is this 5 🌟 one Skill Crew?

If I had the money, I would have DYC him, taken the LTO, and used the third Chevo to start a second copy.......