Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Game's Afoot (flashbackrunish) - 01/30

Comments

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    you always have to scroll. DB isn't going to rewrite the entire sorting code just for one flashback event
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you always have to scroll. DB isn't going to rewrite the entire sorting code just for one flashback event

Uh huh. But I couldn’t remember if they put that in place before and it’s now standard procedure.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh...I guess I take back my earlier concern over the threshold for getting Data - it’s been so long since the last full Expedition (Quadrilateral 2, nearly two years ago) that I forgot how inflated the threshold rewards are in Expedition events.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will the tickets have an expiration timer this time?

Somewhere earlier in the thread, Shan said this will follow the rules of "Auld Lang Syne", in which tickets were not timed.

Thanks!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    2) @Shan , the description is plural (tickets) but there's no number on the icon to indicate how many tickets we get in the threshold rewards. Any chance we could get a clarification on that?

It will be 1 ticket, not sure why the description is in plural.

also ... can we use the 6 in-mail tickets from aeons ago? ... can't find the final word on that ... this thread is a tad long

Edit: not that I personally have time to do so, but there might be others who do.

Yes they should work but know that once you claim them you have to use them all before the daily reset at 9pm pst. You can start an expedition with your last ticket before the reset and continue it but at reset your number of tickets goes up to 3. If you have two unused your number will still just go to 3 so essentially you lost two tickets.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Can someone remind me how the VP works? It’s been so long since an Expedition. You get bonus VP for using event crew, so do you just need to make sure at least one event crew are on each mission to get the max amount of vp?
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the old forums

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/63383/
    - Players will be able to go through the Away Missions during the whole length of the phase. The time limit of 1 hour per ticket has been removed.
    - All crew now have a 100% chance of receiving the rare reward when achieving a critical success on a rare reward node.
    - When achieving a critical success on a rare reward node, featured event crew will receive a large VP bonus, while variants of event crew will receive a moderate VP bonus.
    -

Event crew doubled the base reward VP. variants gave you 1.5x bonus. You typically would want to hit the reward nodes with event crew only, or variants if you've exhausted your event crew. use sacrificial crew for all the non reward nodes.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at T'pol's stats, shes like the stronger voyage version of Defensive Phlox. Which makes her kinda stuck in no mans land.
    • Poor bases so probably not much work for factions
    • #7 top Med total so decent voyage capability
    • #7 for Med proficiency which means she probably wont make it onto a gauntlet unless she hits a 45% crit chance
    • Pretty useless arena abilities with long charge time

I guess a good way of putting it, she's a decent all rounder who would probably be a good starter Med if you were new to the game.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Two things:

First: literally LOLed @ "flashbackrunish" @Shan

Second: I was surprised when B-4 popped up in my Excel doc as a variant of Data. Anyone know if that is legit based on a previous event, or did I make a mistake when entering him in?
  • Options
    This is a super long thread now, so if I missed the answer beforehand I'm sorry for asking again. Additionally, I dont know the correct term for when you use your crew to run a mission and they lose some of their stat points, so I'm going to use the term "fatigued":

But my question is; how long does it take your crew to recover from the fatigue of running the Expedition missions? Is it at the end of the ticket? Or once per day? Or are they on a timer like in the gauntlet?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a super long thread now, so if I missed the answer beforehand I'm sorry for asking again. Additionally, I dont know the correct term for when you use your crew to run a mission and they lose some of their stat points, so I'm going to use the term "fatigued":

But my question is; how long does it take your crew to recover from the fatigue of running the Expedition missions? Is it at the end of the ticket? Or once per day? Or are they on a timer like in the gauntlet?

They recover at the end of each ticket, aka all crew start fresh at 100% at the start of each new ticket. If you stay on the same ticket all event, they'll never recover.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

They recover at the end of each ticket, aka all crew start fresh at 100% at the start of each new ticket. If you stay on the same ticket all event, they'll never recover.

Thank you!! But wow, that's new to me. I didnt know you could stay on one ticket all event! 🤯
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!! But wow, that's new to me. I didnt know you could stay on one ticket all event! 🤯

To be honest, it's been so long that it's possible you're forced to start a new ticket at the start of every day. But even if you aren't, it isn't worth it to keep playing the same ticket after clearing all of the nodes as the returns are extremely minimal compared to just starting a new one - you're better off using all of the daily tickets than replaying the same one over and over.
  • Options
    Part of me really wants T'Pol because Vulcan\Telepathic Med comes up often for me in Voyages (which stinks cause the only person who can fill that is Sybok) but her skills are so lackluster and then there is the fact that it IS an expedition which used to be my favorite cause I could actually get to rank 1k, something that has now changed to be possible for all event types so not sure how I'm going to do this, but I think once I get all the thresholds, wherever I am will decide if I go further... I wonder how many others are planning on doing the same thing?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to hit thresholds and see. She certainly wouldn't be on my citation list. I am also going to see what the next event is and what the mega is before deciding. She has caretaker, and that may play a part.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things:

Second: I was surprised when B-4 popped up in my Excel doc as a variant of Data. Anyone know if that is legit based on a previous event, or did I make a mistake when entering him in?

B-4 should be his own unique individual. Doubt he gets a bonus.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Thought about it all week and I have decided to bow out of this event, my dislike of Expeditions is stronger than my desire to hit threshold.

My one worry is that I've never missed an event before, I've never even considered it, and by giving myself permission to skip one event it might allow that decision to be made easier in the future for other non-Expedition events. It already has kind of happened, this weekend while I was thinking this over I found my drive to push hard in the Skirmish dwindle, and I posted my lowest Skirmish score in at least a year (still posted 1.3 million or something but I'm usually up around 2-3 million).

I hear ya. I did not have much incentive either to get my Moriarty to two stars which raised his stats all of like 40 points. Expeditions be annoying so considering skipping it as well here but I am waiting till Wednesday till we see what the mega is.

My decision is two-fold.

1. I really, REALLY have strong negative memories of the last Expeditions I did, like conditioned anxiety. You mention an Expedition and my stomach hurts, and the thought of not doing an Expedition removes that pain and replaces it with happiness.

2. Expeditions are much more of a time investment than I am comfortable making. Over the course of 4 days I can invest as many hours as I choose in a Galaxy or a Skirmish..."oh, I have 10 minutes free before I need to do a thing, let me Galaxy/Skirmish for 10 minutes." And on Factions to do well yes you must check in regularly, but each check in is only a minute or two once you have your kickstart done. but an Expedition is a serious time investment, and it all has to be done right now. You cash in a ticket and it takes a long time to complete it, and then you have five more that need to be done today, plus they give you more which ALSO need to be done today, because any unspent tickets are wasted when they refill back to 6. And yes a ticket can be completed faster at the cost of not maximizing points which just means you will need to buy more tickets to hit threshold now that threshold is 350,000 and not 130,000, which also will not shorten the amount of time you'll need to invest every day just to hit threshold.

I am dreading this event because I know I hated the last time there was a half-expedition. But I remember that, "hey, it only a few 15-30 min sessions at a time".

But damn, I hated those sessions, and for nothing but VP.

Sad thing is, I invested real money to up my Detective Data and The Professor (and now I have an army of Doctor La Forges)

So really, the real enemy is myself.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Two things:

When I saw this the first thing that popped in my head was:
    'flashbackrun-ish
  • Options
    3 pulls yielded 1 data (new but will be 2\5 by events end), 1 Professor (immortalized now), 1 La Forge (airlocked), 1 begold (2nd star for Data V, New Killy, 2nd star for Durango Troi). Better result that I expected so thank u DB!
  • Options
    Have we had an expedition since they changed how normal missions work, and you can search for a character?

If not, I'm really hoping that tweak in the code is used here, as well...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time we had an expedition, I remember getting slightly motion sick during the crew scrolling process, especially as crew fatigue set in. My crew roster and slot count has increased substantially since then. I'm not looking forward to the long scrolls. I'll force myself to play enough to improve my 3/5 Detective Data. Will wait until then to consider whether to go for the 4* portal or not.

On a separate note: the consequences of power creep are amazingly apparent when an older event like this gets repeated. I remember Data and La Forge as being highly desired cards for their respective strengths. Now? There might be a couple of 3* cards that can beat their 1/4 or 1/5 stats (I say this without looking it up so don't beat me up too much if that's not quite true).
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    I love expedition events. But this one is terrible. Huge threshold requirements, and duplicate useless Super Rare in the ranked rewards. A very mediocre 5* for ranking way way high. Pass.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Man wrote: »
    I love expedition events. But this one is terrible. Huge threshold requirements, and duplicate useless Super Rare in the ranked rewards. A very mediocre 5* for ranking way way high. Pass.

You have no honor. Or... you'll have about 800+ less honor from this event than I will. ;)
    (But seriously, thanks for freeing up a spot in the top 1,500.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

You have no honor. Or... you'll have about 800+ less honor from this event than I will. ;)

This is as good a time as any to point out that the ranked rewards show that only the top 1,000 get T'Pol. It appears to have the old style ranked reward structure.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

This is as good a time as any to point out that the ranked rewards show that only the top 1,000 get T'Pol. It appears to have the old style ranked reward structure.

Either you misread something or they fixed it just that fast.

1llat17gqvek.png
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    2) @Shan , the description is plural (tickets) but there's no number on the icon to indicate how many tickets we get in the threshold rewards. Any chance we could get a clarification on that?

It will be 1 ticket, not sure why the description is in plural.

It's the same way in the Campaign. Shuttle Rental Token says "Tokens", even when it is a single one.

EDIT: Just collected one, now:

9liydduwap5c.jpg

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I'm a bit confused. in the rules, it is stated that rewards are sent when event is finished
    onirp8cg3v9o.jpg
    but normally, we can claim them when the vp-amount needed is reached...
    So, how will it work?