Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Game's Afoot (flashbackrunish) - 01/30

Comments

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem was I accidentally claimed my rewards late and now have to run through them before the daily reset in an hour.

i accidentally claimed two of the threshold tickets right before midnight...when i was down to 1/3 and about to start the last one :s

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is long and tedious because there are five missions. Had to cite up my Professor to get through these nodes.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have a couple of questions on the time of the daily 3 tickets.

1) Do they get issued a the same time as the event start time (ie midday EST) or do they follow the daily reset time (ie midnight EST).
    2) Do they stack? eg. if you have 3 tickets and it comes to daily ticket issue, do I get 6 or is there a cap on 3 max?

I ask because I'm in Asia and if the ticket issue was midday EST, that would have meant I only had 12 hours to clear the 3 tickets (plus additional ones gained in thresholds). Otherwise I would have missed out on 3 free tickets as I was asleep for most of that 12 hours.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions on the time of the daily 3 tickets.

1) Do they get issued a the same time as the event start time (ie midday EST) or do they follow the daily reset time (ie midnight EST).
    2) Do they stack? eg. if you have 3 tickets and it comes to daily ticket issue, do I get 6 or is there a cap on 3 max?

I ask because I'm in Asia and if the ticket issue was midday EST, that would have meant I only had 12 hours to clear the 3 tickets (plus additional ones gained in thresholds). Otherwise I would have missed out on 3 free tickets as I was asleep for most of that 12 hours.

They reset 12 hours after the event start. I played until far beyond midnight to get them done as they reset at 6 AM here. They do not stack.

Apart from this issue which is annoying only for half of the world I totally love the Expedition event even more than I expected. It is actually PLAYING something instead of brainlessly tapping buttons in Galaxy or Skirmish or setting timers for Factions. MORE please! :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Scrooge Data does not appear to be getting a bonus
  • Options
    Scrooge Data does not appear to be getting a bonus

He does for me
    y4miwqotimve.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I mean for the extra VP.

It's not very clear what the rules are for this event (and I am a first day player that has played in all expeditions) the rules don't seem to be written down anywhere.

So, I'm guessing...

Featured Event crew - bonus VP and lower fatigue.
    Other Geordie's and Data's - lower fatigue only?

:/
  • Options
    I mean for the extra VP.

It's not very clear what the rules are for this event (and I am a first day player that has played in all expeditions) the rules don't seem to be written down anywhere.

So, I'm guessing...

No, he has lower fatigue and a boost to points for me so that's weird.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I mean for the extra VP.

So, I'm guessing...

Featured Event crew - bonus VIP and lower fatigue.

He gets 1500 VP at the highest level (epic) and 750 VP at the mid-level (elite) ... this is the same as all other Datas and La Forges (minus the event crew) ... Detective Data, Doc La Forge and Professor would get 2000 VP and 1000 VP respectively.
    For normal it is 350VP (Data) vs. 500VP (specific event crew).
    I've not even tried to hit star nodes with non-bonus crew, but I would expect it to be 1000, 500 and 100 or something like that.

And yes ... all Datas and La Forges fatigue one tick, whereas other crew do two ticks per node.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

He gets 1500 VP at the highest level (epic) and 750 VP at the mid-level (elite) ... this is the same as all other Datas and La Forges (minus the event crew) ... Detective Data, Doc La Forge and Professor would get 2000 VP and 1000 VP respectively.
    For normal it is 350VP (Data) vs. 500VP (specific event crew).
    I've not even tried to hit star nodes with non-bonus crew, but I would expect it to be 1000, 500 and 100 or something like that.

This is the information I was missing, thank you. I was just coming on here to share and clarify this.

I can confirm that non-bonus crew are 1000vp.

I don't see why the rules can't be stated by DB within the game. It's pretty clear in other events.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Did the game reset tickets with the arena or was it timed to clock over 24 hours after the start of the event which would make more logical sense?

I'll certainly keep it in mind for the future, but as this was my first time playing the event I made the assumption it would clock over using the event start time. Which for some reason makes more sense to me. I really didn't appreciate collecting rewards only to see them rest fifteen minutes later.

You really should indicate which of the daily update times the event is going to use. Fully expecting 24 hours from the event start time I scheduled the time I planned to play the event accordingly. While there is probably nothing that can be done to fix it, please, in the future include the reset time in your information.
  • Options
    Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Event crew get a 2x bonus on VP
    Variants of Event crew get a 1.5x bonus on VP
    Non-event / non-variant get only base VP

Only VP from rare nodes gets a bonus

Rare nodes at Normal level have a base VP of 250
    Rare nodes at Elite level have a base VP of 500
    Rare nodes at Epic level have a base VP of 1000

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is long and tedious because there are five missions. Had to cite up my Professor to get through these nodes.

I'm using my single-star Professor to great advantage in this event. Also a single-star Detective Data and an immortal Doctor LaForge.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean for the extra VP.

So, I'm guessing...

Every expedition has been the same, so I guess if you're day 1 it's just been too long that you forgot. At Epic, event crew always got 2k for the nodes, smaller bonus crew got 1.5k, and regular non event crew get 1k.

I love expeditions and wish they happened more often
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me if the missions will change at the halfway point? If do, how will that affect tickets?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember why I used to like these. This is beyond tedious! I'm so bored I think I won't even end up going for Data.

I'm chugging along but I don't know why since I'm running low on crew space and neither Data nor T'Pol will add anything to my crew.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me if the missions will change at the halfway point? If do, how will that affect tickets?

No. If they did, 1) it would be noted that we have two phases and 3) it would be unprecedented. In the past, they tinkered with releasing nodes in waves (first three at launch, then the fourth after a day or two, then the fifth), but that's not what they've done here.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for nostalgia's sake, I've been focusing on using the crew from previous Expeditions for the non-reward nodes. There's too little CMD and too many crew with mediocre secondary stats to run an entire ticket. It also doesn't help that it's such a small pool since there were 1) so few Expeditions, 2) all but one only featured a single 4*, and 3) the cadets were frequently recycled. Still, if nothing else, it's been kinda fun. For the curious:
    Bold indicates crew from the event currently active.
    Italics indicates bonus crew for the event currently active.

5*
    Age of Sail Crusher ("Ribbon of Joy")
    Bashir, Julian Bashir ("Holograms Are Forever")
    Beowulf Kim ("Merry Men")
    Captain La Forge ("Quadrilateral 1 & 2")
    Detective Data ("The Game's Afoot 1-3")
    Jazz Musician Odo ("Holograms Are Forever")
    The Professor ("The Game's Afoot 2 & 3")
    Will Scarlett ("Merry Men")

4*
    Doctor La Forge ("The Game's Afoot 1-3")
    Dr. Tolian Soran ("Ribbon of Joy")
    GI Chakotay ("Merry Men")
    Kurros ("Quadrilateral 2")
    Rogue Harry Kim ("Quadrilateral 1 & 2")
    Waitress Ezri (Holograms Are Forever)

3*
    Boxer Chakotay ("Merry Men")
    Chief Engineer La Forge ("Quadrilateral 1 & 2" thresholds x2, also all three runs of "The Game's Afoot")
    Constable Odo ("Holograms Are Forever" thresholds x2)
    Hockey Kim ("Quadrilateral 1 & 2")
    Sniper Ezri Dax ("Holograms Are Forever")

2*
    CMO Crusher ("Ribbon of Joy")
    Lt. Commander Data ("The Game's Afoot 1-3")
    Security Chief Worf ("Merry Men")

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Dr. Tolian Soran, Rogue Harry Kim, and Waitress Ezri. Jazz Musician Odo is great for the DIP and SEC nodes after I've used The Professor and Detective Data to claim their VP the first time through. If you're into this event for old time's sake, I encourage you to tinker with using some of these crew if you've got 'em.
  • Options
    Thanks for this type of event, DB. I think it‘s the second expedition event since I‘ve started playing the game and I have to say that it is a more than welcome timekiller compared to all the other event types. You have to use at least some parts of your brain ;) ...and it‘s not about the biggest stash of boosts or chrons. It‘s about a decent roster. I like it.
    Thanks again and also thanks to you @Shan for keeping us updated.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm using my single-star Professor to great advantage in this event. Also a single-star Detective Data and an immortal Doctor LaForge.

Yes using them as well but there are so many diplomacy, science, and engineering nodes and 1/5 Detective Data and Dr. La Forge have no diplomacy and low engineering and 1/5 Detective Data also has very low science.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding this refreshingly easy.

With one ticket I will do one run through each elite and epic mission, I only have one main event crew, Dr L F, and use other LFs and Data on other VP nodes. This nets about 35k-40k VP and takes about 10 minutes per ticket. The supplied tickets and threshold tickets should get me the all threshold rewards.

This would be different if I was aiming to rank, as I would need three times as long for each ticket to get all the nodes on all difficulties, for only a bit more VP.

Expedition events are now so much easier with the crew search selector.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    I mean for the extra VP.

So, I'm guessing...

Every expedition has been the same, so I guess if you're day 1 it's just been too long that you forgot. At Epic, event crew always got 2k for the nodes, smaller bonus crew got 1.5k, and regular non event crew get 1k.

I love expeditions and wish they happened more often

Oh, don't get me wrong - I am enjoying the change of pace and having to think a little. You are correct - it has simply been too long and I have forgotten. I just think having the rules written down, as other events do, would assist everyone. :)
  • Options
    There's something oddly satisfying about exhausting crew members in the course of clearing missions.

Also, 2* Lt. Commander Data is an absolute beast in the Normal level missions, or at least he is after Starbase and Collection bonuses.
  • Options
    There's something oddly satisfying about exhausting crew members in the course of clearing missions.

Also, 2* Lt. Commander Data is an absolute beast in the Normal level missions, or at least he is after Starbase and Collection bonuses.

But he only gives 1.5x bonus instead of 2x.

Anyway, I have started skipping Normal. Just running through EPIC and ELITE.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes using them as well but there are so many diplomacy, science, and engineering nodes and 1/5 Detective Data and Dr. La Forge have no diplomacy and low engineering and 1/5 Detective Data also has very low science.

I am getting by (sometimes by the skin of my teeth) with the Professor and Detective at 2/5* and an immortal Dr. La Forge. I have had to use Data Q or LtC La Forge on a couple of SCI nodes and AoS La Forge or La Borge for a few ENG nodes if I made a mistake with using event crew somewhere (not to mention Captain La Forge for that COM node)...note to self, don’t run tickets when extremely tired.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Impressions of my first expedition. I actually enjoy a time consuming puzzle most of time. This event type is my new fav. I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't.

I have some grips. Having to ground voyages or restrict them to short voyages has drastically reduced my daily chroniton gathering. It's not horrible, but without them it's difficult to equip Dr LaForge. I will certainly be going into the next skirmish event without the stock of chronos I usually have. As the event is based on away missions, I'm wondering if there is a way to make up for grounding crew. Once the VP has been collected the nodes are still loot nodes. Perhaps they could drop loot or rewards like the skirmish does. Grinding through them after they are cleared a few times might feel a little less tedious if the loot nodes dropped voyage items or 10 honor/merit/chonos. It would certainly help balance out the loss from grounding crew.

But, on the whole I do like this event. So that's all suggestion not complaint.