Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    Valerian wrote: »
    I'm using manual not import.

Then, those columns won't populate for you. They are pulled directly from the import.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valerian wrote: »
    @Valerian Check two things. Make sure that there is a formula is in the blocks and that your Import sheet has values in the I, L and M columns. They are pretty much straight lookups...

I'm using manual not import.

Thats why. They only work for import.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New release published.
  • Options
    Homesteader Janeway is now doing the same thing that Juliana Tainer and Amanda Rogers have been doing: "Best 5* Voyagers: SCI/MED" with a recommendation to Space.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homesteader Janeway is now doing the same thing that Juliana Tainer and Amanda Rogers have been doing: "Best 5* Voyagers: SCI/MED" with a recommendation to Space.

Ugh. I really need to figure something out for this. Every attempt so far has failed. :-(
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Ugh. I really need to figure something out for this. Every attempt so far has failed. :-(
    My guess is that it has something to do with the "Count" column (BL) in the Stats worksheet. Those characters have a "0" there. If I change it to "1," then Freeze changes to Need. Conversely, if I switch Imprinted Archer's Count value from "1" to "0," he switches from Need to Freeze, even though he's "Best 5* Voyagers: ENG/MED."
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kafitrar wrote: »

My guess is that it has something to do with the "Count" column (BL) in the Stats worksheet. Those characters have a "0" there. If I change it to "1," then Freeze changes to Need. Conversely, if I switch Imprinted Archer's Count value from "1" to "0," he switches from Need to Freeze, even though he's "Best 5* Voyagers: ENG/MED."

Thank you. I'll try to explore that today.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting new update (just new crew, still looking at the fix).
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    @Kafitrar @AdmiralMemo @Mururoa (and others)

Amanda Rogers, Juliana Trainer, etc are fixed. There was an issue in BL where one field was not being looked at for the counts. Ugh. Took me forever to spot it.

publishing 3.83 now to fix this issue.
  • Options
    @cmdrworf FYI, you did forget to add 1701 O'Brien to the Timelines Original collection.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf FYI, you did forget to add 1701 O'Brien to the Timelines Original collection.

Thanks. Didn't realize they had added him to it already. Will be in next version
  • Options
    I would assume they will remove him from that collection? He isn't a Timelines Original because he was in that episode.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume they will remove him from that collection? He isn't a Timelines Original because he was in that episode.

Thats true.
  • Options
    Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf Just wanted to say a quick thanks for continuing to maintain this tool. I know there's a lot of drama going on right now but I'm still continuing to play while this Offer Wall drama plays out. I rely on the DNA Checklist as part of my gameplay so I'm happy to see that it's still being updated. :)
  • Options
    I don't know a lot about this "Offer Wall Drama" but I guess that's due to me playing on the Win10 app mainly?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riley600 wrote: »
    @cmdrworf Just wanted to say a quick thanks for continuing to maintain this tool. I know there's a lot of drama going on right now but I'm still continuing to play while this Offer Wall drama plays out. I rely on the DNA Checklist as part of my gameplay so I'm happy to see that it's still being updated. :)

And I plan to keep it updating. Just be warned the import feature relies on items that may no longer be supported soon as its another community tool and a fix for that from me will take significant time. Manual updates will still work if that should occur
  • Options

And I plan to keep it updating. Just be warned the import feature relies on items that may no longer be supported soon as its another community tool and a fix for that from me will take significant time. Manual updates will still work if that should occur

Could you go back to the last non-import version of the sheet and then copy/paste the new crew into that to bring it up to date? I’m sure that’s an oversimplification ...
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    The eXo fleet is making their own internal version of the Big Book public soon, so you might be able to work with that instead.

Here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jz052Ug0SI9h3fSwaxCHi6KQoDAfWNCXlmXqYmB_mdw/edit
  • Options
    Well poop
    DataCore is shutting down in a month, they say.
    Good news is they're making a good chunk of their stuff open source, so... good luck Worf?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well poop
    DataCore is shutting down in a month, they say.
    Good news is they're making a good chunk of their stuff open source, so... good luck Worf?

Thanks. I'm going to try to get access to some of it to help the import. But we may be back to manual and lose a bunch of features. :(
  • Options
    Could you go back to the last non-import version of the sheet and then copy/paste the new crew into that to bring it up to date? I’m sure that’s an oversimplification ...

There's no need to do that. You simply take the current version and use it manually. It's what I've been doing for over a year.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to spend some serious time looking at the extract from the game and see if I can find a way to import that with losing the datacore xls conversion. I know I can do it but the question is how long. Once datacore goes down ill disable the features that will no longer work
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I appreciate that this may not be a good time for suggestions, but I'm wondering if we could add a column for "in portal." I have a number of crew languishing at 3/4 and it would be helpful to identify whether I need to cite them or whether I can wait for a drop. The import from Datacore (which I appreciate is gone in less than a month) has a column for that.

Also, I have Ambassador Kell'eher at 3/4, level 30. DNA says airlock her, so I do. After updating the sheet with a new datacore download, she is listed as "need" and the reason identified is "Best 4* DIP base." I thought that the sheet based its decisions on FFFE, but if not, that could account for the difference.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate that this may not be a good time for suggestions, but I'm wondering if we could add a column for "in portal." I have a number of crew languishing at 3/4 and it would be helpful to identify whether I need to cite them or whether I can wait for a drop. The import from Datacore (which I appreciate is gone in less than a month) has a column for that.

Also, I have Ambassador Kell'eher at 3/4, level 30. DNA says airlock her, so I do. After updating the sheet with a new datacore download, she is listed as "need" and the reason identified is "Best 4* DIP base." I thought that the sheet based its decisions on FFFE, but if not, that could account for the difference.

In portal would need to be a manual process, but I can see the value in that. I'd need to find the "in portal" list (or not in portal list). I think there are some portal threads that have this.

As to the recommendations, yes they are based on FFE but there was a bug with some 5* crew that were flipping between Need and Space. I wonder if she's caught in that as well. I'll take a look at the 4* logic and see if there is another issue like I had in the 5* crew. If its not this, there are also settings that you can manually change that affect if you look at 3*, 4*, or only 5* crew for recommendations. (I think the default is 3* though so unless you changed it that is probably not the issue).

And there is never a bad time for suggestions, etc. keep them coming.
  • Options
    I mean... if Worf needs to overhaul the entire system backend ANYWAY, this might be the BEST time for suggestions. :smile:
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean... if Worf needs to overhaul the entire system backend ANYWAY, this might be the BEST time for suggestions. :smile:

Yup. As a side note, I've got the extract logic now for auto importing. Its not the cleanest due to how it handles duplicate crew. I need to figure some of that out. Also you need to grant the sheet authority to your account, etc. Basically you'll be signing in through the sheet vs the server itself. All of the logic will be in the sheet so when anyone makes a copy you can examine the scripts for yourself to insure I'm not trying to do anything malicious with the scripts.

Of course, all of this assumes that no one takes over on these tools which are being put out there. If it wasn't for the server needs I'd do it. (I had several severs and got rid of them last year as I had not been using them. dang it).
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reply echoing praise for the work you're doing! I understand the point the other resources have taken but I also understand and support your approach as well! Thanks for picking up and continuing to develop this resource!
  • Options
    Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, @cmdrworf! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Thanks for continuing to support the ST:TL community :)
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In portal would need to be a manual process, but I can see the value in that. I'd need to find the "in portal" list (or not in portal list). I think there are some portal threads that have this.

@cmdrworf - on the Import sheet there's a column for In Portal True/False? Wouldn't that take the manual process out of it?
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

As to the recommendations, yes they are based on FFE but there was a bug with some 5* crew that were flipping between Need and Space. I wonder if she's caught in that as well. I'll take a look at the 4* logic and see if there is another issue like I had in the 5* crew. If its not this, there are also settings that you can manually change that affect if you look at 3*, 4*, or only 5* crew for recommendations. (I think the default is 3* though so unless you changed it that is probably not the issue).

And there is never a bad time for suggestions, etc. keep them coming.

At least on the Datacore export In Portal is column J.