Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I appreciate that this may not be a good time for suggestions, but I'm wondering if we could add a column for "in portal." I have a number of crew languishing at 3/4 and it would be helpful to identify whether I need to cite them or whether I can wait for a drop. The import from Datacore (which I appreciate is gone in less than a month) has a column for that.

Also, I have Ambassador Kell'eher at 3/4, level 30. DNA says airlock her, so I do. After updating the sheet with a new datacore download, she is listed as "need" and the reason identified is "Best 4* DIP base." I thought that the sheet based its decisions on FFFE, but if not, that could account for the difference.

In portal would need to be a manual process, but I can see the value in that. I'd need to find the "in portal" list (or not in portal list). I think there are some portal threads that have this.

As to the recommendations, yes they are based on FFE but there was a bug with some 5* crew that were flipping between Need and Space. I wonder if she's caught in that as well. I'll take a look at the 4* logic and see if there is another issue like I had in the 5* crew. If its not this, there are also settings that you can manually change that affect if you look at 3*, 4*, or only 5* crew for recommendations. (I think the default is 3* though so unless you changed it that is probably not the issue).

And there is never a bad time for suggestions, etc. keep them coming.

At least on the Datacore export In Portal is column J.

Assuming Datacore sticks around which I'm not counting on.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate that this may not be a good time for suggestions, but I'm wondering if we could add a column for "in portal." I have a number of crew languishing at 3/4 and it would be helpful to identify whether I need to cite them or whether I can wait for a drop. The import from Datacore (which I appreciate is gone in less than a month) has a column for that.

Also, I have Ambassador Kell'eher at 3/4, level 30. DNA says airlock her, so I do. After updating the sheet with a new datacore download, she is listed as "need" and the reason identified is "Best 4* DIP base." I thought that the sheet based its decisions on FFFE, but if not, that could account for the difference.

In portal would need to be a manual process, but I can see the value in that. I'd need to find the "in portal" list (or not in portal list). I think there are some portal threads that have this.

As to the recommendations, yes they are based on FFE but there was a bug with some 5* crew that were flipping between Need and Space. I wonder if she's caught in that as well. I'll take a look at the 4* logic and see if there is another issue like I had in the 5* crew. If its not this, there are also settings that you can manually change that affect if you look at 3*, 4*, or only 5* crew for recommendations. (I think the default is 3* though so unless you changed it that is probably not the issue).

And there is never a bad time for suggestions, etc. keep them coming.

At least on the Datacore export In Portal is column J.

Assuming Datacore sticks around which I'm not counting on.

True
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version published. only crew changes.
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Well, thanks for that anyway.
    What's the plan for post datacore ?
    Btw, Tanis is missing in the sheet.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »

I'll fix tanis. I've already got the code to extract data direct from your db login but ill still need to adjust how that is incorporated. Crew tier will be lost for now (working on a solution there too). Lots of work for me. There is a group looking at keeping datacore running so there is some hope.
  • AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I mean... the Offer Wall is gone on iOS now, so maybe the groups will be less grumpy and will keep stuff going again.

Also, Kamin Picard on the Stats page has an errant space after his name, which throws off the whole system of references. (Easy enough fix for folks here, but should be fixed for the next version.)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean... the Offer Wall is gone on iOS now, so maybe the groups will be less grumpy and will keep stuff going again.

Also, Kamin Picard on the Stats page has an errant space after his name, which throws off the whole system of references. (Easy enough fix for folks here, but should be fixed for the next version.)

Thanks I'll fix that too
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of these are fixed in 3.85 which will be released later this week.
  • Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭

I'll fix tanis. I've already got the code to extract data direct from your db login but ill still need to adjust how that is incorporated. Crew tier will be lost for now (working on a solution there too). Lots of work for me. There is a group looking at keeping datacore running so there is some hope.

Thanks, @cmdrworf! I'm not too handy with complex spreadsheet operations but if there's any tedious manual work that needs to be done, let me know if I can help! :)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riley600 wrote: »

Thanks, @cmdrworf! I'm not too handy with complex spreadsheet operations but if there's any tedious manual work that needs to be done, let me know if I can help! :)

@Riley600 I may need to take you up on that. :smile:

I think I may have a solution for crew tier. With Exo sharing their tier rankings, it looks like I could import that and use their rankings (if I can get permission as I don't want to steal their work). I just need to determine if its better to import each time or manually update it as they add crew. It will depend on how well crew names match (extra space, different apostrophe, etc all cause issues). and I use the names that match the extracts from the game.

So with that said I "think" I can replicate all of the lost functionality but it won't be easy. and this still assumes that datacore does shut down. I'm still pulling for the group looking at it keeping it going.
  • Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf Awesome, PM me if you want some help :smile:
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with new crew and a couple bug/crew fixes.
  • @cmdrworf I thought it would be nice to merge (if usefull) the Set Starbase/Collection Bonuses as they are also merged in the player profile. (at least on android)

PS: I'm quite grumpy right now. I love this game but I hate the data mining.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylv1de wrote: »
    @cmdrworf I thought it would be nice to merge (if usefull) the Set Starbase/Collection Bonuses as they are also merged in the player profile. (at least on android)

@Sylv1de Are you thinking as in entering just one value, or showing the total?
  • Well with the new announcement, DataCore is not shutting down, but simply changing hands, so the automated export should still work, at least, now.
  • I have a strong preference for using datacore versus other sources for information within the dna spreadsheet.
  • I don't, but I'm of the opinion that if we don't have to redo the whole process mid-stream, that's preferable.
  • I don't know what you've done to the sheet (or if it's just random happenstance) but the sheet seems to process changes quicker lately. *thumbs up*
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you've done to the sheet (or if it's just random happenstance) but the sheet seems to process changes quicker lately. *thumbs up*

Thanks. I've done a lot of stealth tweaks to formulas that are more efficient, etc. Trying to make it more efficient especially with adding more content.

And I'm hoping to not redo the process and things look promising for Datacore so we should be ok. Although I am looking at incorporating some of the other content sources to give people more options/opinions on ranking their crew.
  • Sylv1deSylv1de ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    @cmdrworf I thought it would be nice to merge (if usefull) the Set Starbase/Collection Bonuses as they are also merged in the player profile. (at least on android)

I'm thinking entering the one value. I don't know if this is feasible or even matches game logic, but it would seem easier now that the game shows a sum in the player profile.

PS: could also speed up the spreadsheet (but so little that it would not be noticed) and, I guess and you are the judge, simplify formulas.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking entering the one value. I don't know if this is feasible or even matches game logic, but it would seem easier now that the game shows a sum in the player profile.

PS: could also speed up the spreadsheet (but so little that it would not be noticed) and, I guess and you are the judge, simplify formulas.

It already uses a hidden total column of the two. I could unhide that and give people the option of entering the individual or the total then.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version published. Added new crew, and some new background calculations in prep for some additional features.
  • @cmdrworf Any chance you can explain how the Gauntlet recommendations work? If I'm looking at the code correctly, it looks like it's trying to recommend the top 6 crew for each of the 6 skills, but only if I actually have them. If you own 2 or more of those top 6, the others, while marked with an N in Stats, don't end up getting marked as Need on the main Crew sheet.

For me, this means that the best Gauntlet crew aren't getting recommended to me as Need, even though they would be better / I don't have all of the top 6 gauntlet crew for a skill. (Which is not how I'd really like/expect that to work.)
  • Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭
    Hey @cmdrworf, I'd be interested in a "Global Mode". My roster is fairly mature, so I have many FE 5* crew that are better than my FF/FE 4* crew. I believe I have to go down something like 14 5* Dip crew before I get to my first (and highest) 4* crew.

It would be helpful for me to turn off the tier tranches and just have the spreadsheet look at my entire roster to make recommendations - it's likely there's 4* crew that I can airlock because I've got a bunch of other 5* crew ahead of them.

Not sure how hard this would be to implement but it would be useful for me (and perhaps others) :smile:
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @erulin9 Let me take a look (hopefully later today) and I'll try to get you an answer. It "should" be working as you describe, but there must be an issue in it. This piece was before I took over so I'm not 100% sure of how the logic fully works.

@Riley600 This is something I had not considered. The original intent (I believe, as it was before me) was to turn off everything except the 5* logic for mature rosters but you do make a good point. there are some strong 4* that could still have value in the comparisons even in mature rosters so a global check would help. I'll take a look. Adding the option is the easy part on the settings page, its a matter of how much I'd need to override/etc to make it work on the stats page that will be the hard part.
  • @cmdrworf, I turn off the 3* recommendations as I’ve nearly completed that group. Along the lines of Riley’s suggestion, I’d love to be able to filter crew I have that I only need for a collection. That would help me know who to immortalize and freeze.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about adding a Gauntlet Settings section so we can put in the Gauntlet Traits and have the best crew identified.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Lots of good ideas (and more work for me). I'll start this week and see what I can do/get ready to do.
  • @cmdrworf I made my own Gauntlet sheet to (kind of) do what Sven suggested. happy to share my sheet with you so you can take a look and use whatever is helpful.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    grandhike wrote: »
    @cmdrworf I made my own Gauntlet sheet to (kind of) do what Sven suggested. happy to share my sheet with you so you can take a look and use whatever is helpful.

I'd love to see it.