Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    updating to 3.93. Reclamation Narissa was broken badly. Thanks to @klobetime for fixing the sheet.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    Status Update. I'm going to apologize now to the community that I'm not going to be quite as on top of crew updates, etc. for a bit. I've just found out my mother is Stage 4 cancer and we are in the process of setting up hospice, cleaning out the house, and getting long term care for my father. I will keep the updates coming, and 4.00 is near and I promise some major functionality launch with that. (I'm working one two things, so we'll see what makes it first for 4.00). This game and the community is my escape so I know I'll keep everything coming as I need something to keep my mind off of things.

Thanks for letting me ramble on.
    There's never a "good" time to hear something like that, but it's fortunate that we're going into a Flashback event next week, so there's less to worry about on this end anyway. You take care of yourself and your family and whenever you're ready to come back again, we'll be here. I'm sure @klobetime can take care of things in the meantime. :smile:
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.94 Published. Version 4.00 coming next week with a new major feature in Beta.
  • Thanks again for the works.
    Maybe it's me but I dont get it with the new 'rarity' column in voyage. I see some 1, some 2.18, some 3.63, ...
    What the hell is this about ?
  • Question, is there a quick way to go from one version to the next without having to redo all my settings? I have followed the instructions but it does not seem to provide a method for doing this. Not saying it isn't out there I just haven't been able to figure it out.
  • Question, is there a quick way to go from one version to the next without having to redo all my settings? I have followed the instructions but it does not seem to provide a method for doing this. Not saying it isn't out there I just haven't been able to figure it out.

You could probably copy your settings sheet from one version to the next. Make sure to rename it to "Settings", not "Copy of", and delete the other one. I haven't done this myself, though. Yet. ;)
  • erulin9erulin9 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Thanks again for the works.
    Maybe it's me but I dont get it with the new 'rarity' column in voyage. I see some 1, some 2.18, some 3.63, ...

I don't have this issue, but you probably have something pointing to the wrong column and it's giving you the version of the sheet that the character was added in instead of their rarity.

EDIT: JK, I have this issue. Looks like @cmdworf added a column in the Stats sheet, shifting everything over so some things aren't pointing to the right place now. Change the 2 to a 3 in the formula and it'll work right.
  • erulin9 wrote: »
    Question, is there a quick way to go from one version to the next without having to redo all my settings? I have followed the instructions but it does not seem to provide a method for doing this. Not saying it isn't out there I just haven't been able to figure it out.

You could probably copy your settings sheet from one version to the next. Make sure to rename it to "Settings", not "Copy of", and delete the other one. I haven't done this myself, though. Yet. ;)

I used to just highlight from cell E7 to H71(using Shift+click to select it all), copy, select cell E7 in the new copy and do a paste to move it over in one hit. The Starbase/collection area with get some additional cell borders for some reason but I'd just remove them. Unless someone can see why a formula could break you could probably do columns E to H. However I never thought of the idea from @erulin9 so I'm going to try that with the next update. I have an extra sheet that I use for my own various notes so I copy that sheet each time I update so it's just an extra sheet.
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    erulin9 wrote: »
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Thanks again for the works.

I don't have this issue, but you probably have something pointing to the wrong column and it's giving you the version of the sheet that the character was added in instead of their rarity.

EDIT: JK, I have this issue. Looks like @cmdworf added a column in the Stats sheet, shifting everything over so some things aren't pointing to the right place now. Change the 2 to a 3 in the formula and it'll work right.

Thanks @erulin9 and @Mururoa. This issue is fixed in 4.0 which should be released on Wed/Thursday.
  • Well, today's a first... The sheet has for the first time recommended freezing a Legendary immortal... I must be getting into the big leagues now.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, today's a first... The sheet has for the first time recommended freezing a Legendary immortal... I must be getting into the big leagues now.

I had that when I FFE Chaotica. He was my first.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    That happened to me quite a while ago ... then again .. it was Scientist Degra which i immortalized coz he was my most usefull card at the time :D
    Still no regrets Immortalizing him .. and never considered freezing .. since he still goes on voyages quite often ...

Minor request for the DNA sheet .... in the crew tab Freeze to row-4 , so it will keep the labels & filters while scrolling ... i now do this every time ... and i believe it was frozen there in the past ..

@cmdrworf My thoughts are with you ... :'(
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    That happened to me quite a while ago ... then again .. it was Scientist Degra which i immortalized coz he was my most usefull card at the time :D
    Still no regrets Immortalizing him .. and never considered freezing .. since he still goes on voyages quite often ...

Minor request for the DNA sheet .... in the crew tab Freeze to row-4 , so it will keep the labels & filters while scrolling ... i now do this every time ... and i believe it was frozen there in the past ..

@cmdrworf My thoughts are with you ... :'(

@JiveDutch Thank you. Its definitely a rough stretch right now. I'll get them frozen with 4.0 this week.
  • @cmdrworf please let me join others in saying you’re in my thoughts and prayers. Please don’t worry about the sheet while you’re taking care of your family.
  • [DDF]McMave[DDF]McMave ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I'm more of a reader than a commenter, but now I had to comment.

@cmdrworf I hope that your mom is not that much in pain and I have you in my thoughts. Family is more important than this, take your time!
    Proud member of the [DDF] fleet.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged in quick to post an update. My mother passed away Friday morning. I won't be on to post new updates until next week. Thank you everyone and ill be back soon.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, @cmdrworf. Sincere condolences to you and your family.
  • Really sorry to hear about your mother's passing, @cmdrworf . I hope you and your family are managing to navigate this difficult time. :(
  • @cmdrworf condolences on the loss.
    ----
  • @cmdrworf I'm sorry for your loss. Don't worry about anything here. Take care of yourself and your family. Real life is way more important.
  • @cmdrworf I'm sorry for your loss. Don't worry about anything here. Take care of yourself and your family. Real life is way more important.

Couldn’t have said it better ...
  • @cmdrworf So sorry to hear about your loss, and sincerest condolences.
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    I just logged in quick to post an update. My mother passed away Friday morning. I won't be on to post new updates until next week. Thank you everyone and ill be back soon.

Thanks for the update. I understand needing an outlet, but focus on you and yours, too. We will still be here when you're ready to come back.

Stay well, and best wishes.
  • @cmdrworf My sincere condolences. Take your time and take care!
    Proud member of the [DDF] fleet.
  • @cmdrworf Sorry to hear about your loss. Family is more important than the game.

@klobetime Is there any chance a 3.95 with the new crew could be released at least before the next event starts? (If not, no worries.)
  • Version 4.00 has been published: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bM04RmxgS8r-Ofle70UsVu8qmmhSK0IHS6x4sioQ9sE/edit?usp=sharing

I can't update the main entry on the thread though because I didn't author that message, so be aware the link there will continue to point to 3.94 until @cmdrworf returns.

This version includes a cool new (beta) feature on which @cmdrworf has been working, a tab for assisting with finding Gauntlet crew. Please share feedback!

Thanks, all.
  • cmdrworf, I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Version 4.01: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d4-UFpz3tEzn9HA1EqkrssxMYwXpdogwvXDsZnH9_EI/edit?usp=sharing

Includes Altan Inigo Soong and Dr. Roger Korby, released yesterday.
  • Klobetime, are the revised versions just crew additions or is there more to them? [Disclaimer: I’m happy to wait until Cdr worf has a full opportunity to grieve.]