Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Negh_varNegh_var ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    dext74 wrote: »

Personally, I'd rather see it by specific crew. So that I, in my example above, can uncheck Cheesecake 7 while still being able to pursue other fusible crew. So if someone wants the Duras Sisters but not the Binars they could flip the toggle.

But its a minor concern on my part -- I can go either way!

Ah so you mean like the way Collections work?

You have a global toggle at the top for turning off all collection recommendations but you also have per collection options at the bottom so if you have maxed out the common/uncommon crew but they release a new crew member that won't affect the collection, you can just turn that one off but leave the others enabled....

----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negh_var wrote: »

Personally, I'd rather see it by specific crew. So that I, in my example above, can uncheck Cheesecake 7 while still being able to pursue other fusible crew. So if someone wants the Duras Sisters but not the Binars they could flip the toggle.

You have a global toggle at the top for turning off all collection recommendations but you also have per collection options at the bottom so if you have maxed out the common/uncommon crew but they release a new crew member that won't affect the collection, you can just turn that one off but leave the others enabled....

Thats a much clearer way of explaining it than I tried 😅, yes!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negh_var wrote: »

Thats a much clearer way of explaining it than I tried 😅, yes!

One thing on this, one the crew is fully fused these recommendations should automatically go away. Im assuming your chessecake seven is not FFE?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the confusing part - she is fully fused and immortalized but is still showing up under mobile doc reccomendations
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the confusing part - she is fully fused and immortalized but is still showing up under mobile doc reccomendations

Ok, then there is an issue. Let me look at that. That helps. Thank you.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Oh, well, if thats the issue then my original suggestion is moot 🤣
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, well, if thats the issue then my original suggestion is moot 🤣

All fixed. Had to rework the logic due to a bug we introduced quite a few versions ago. Publishing 4.08 with this fix and new crew.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you sir!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you sir!

you're welcome, and thanks for working with me to get to the root of the issue. and a shout out to @Leshy for lurking and giving me some advice on the fix for this one.
  • Thanks @cmdrworf for the new version. While the "mergable" subject is hot, I immortalized Captain Janeway before I knew she could be merged. Any chance you could find a way for the sheet to stop marking her as a duplicate until both her and her mutated version are merged?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylv1de wrote: »
    Thanks @cmdrworf for the new version. While the "mergable" subject is hot, I immortalized Captain Janeway before I knew she could be merged. Any chance you could find a way for the sheet to stop marking her as a duplicate until both her and her mutated version are merged?

@Sylv1de Now thats an interesting one. Let me take a look. I think I can address that.
  • Gosh we're up to version 4.08. I've been away longer than I thought.
  • I’m going to apologize in advance for a question that’s likely been answered already. I’m struggling with customizing the sheet to best assist my gameplay.

For context, I have all 1, 2 and 3* crew. I’m at 299 total immortalized crew. In settings, I don’t track 3* crew, but do for 4 and 5*.

I’m inclined to turn off tracking 4* base values, as that allows me to freeze 4-5 crew. Any suggestions on customizing the sheet for a more developed crew?
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Well, first, thanks again for the hard work.
    Just like USS Dart, I would like to turn off 4* tracking but without freezing all FE/FF 4*.
    I guess I have crew taking slots in my roster that I did not used for weeks or months but if I freeze them I get a equal number of Unfreeze..
    I mean I can see I still need about 5-7 of them for things like shuttles but have no other way to know who I will freeze and who I wont but remembering crew I used in shuttles recently.
    I tried to play with "Number of Best Active crew" setting but it points me to space/freeze only 5* crew and any 4* crew is affected by that. If I put 2 in that cell, I still have 6 "Best 4* ENG Base" FE/FF.
    To make it simple, how can I achieve to have only 2 "Best 4* xxx Base" by skill ?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @cmdrworf for the new version. While the "mergable" subject is hot, I immortalized Captain Janeway before I knew she could be merged. Any chance you could find a way for the sheet to stop marking her as a duplicate until both her and her mutated version are merged?

@Sylv1de Now thats an interesting one. Let me take a look. I think I can address that.

@Sylv1de This is different then what I was expecting. It appears to be driven by the import sheets from datacore. I need to dig into that logic a bit more as I hadn't expected it to start there. I figured it was the stats sheet causing the issue. I'll keep poking for a solution to this.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Well, first, thanks again for the hard work.
    Just like USS Dart, I would like to turn off 4* tracking but without freezing all FE/FF 4*.
    I guess I have crew taking slots in my roster that I did not used for weeks or months but if I freeze them I get a equal number of Unfreeze..
    I mean I can see I still need about 5-7 of them for things like shuttles but have no other way to know who I will freeze and who I wont but remembering crew I used in shuttles recently.
    I tried to play with "Number of Best Active crew" setting but it points me to space/freeze only 5* crew and any 4* crew is affected by that. If I put 2 in that cell, I still have 6 "Best 4* ENG Base" FE/FF.
    To make it simple, how can I achieve to have only 2 "Best 4* xxx Base" by skill ?

I've struggled here. I have over 500 crew frozen and still have 4* on myself. The Best Active seems to work across all. So changing it to 2 impacts 5* and 4*.

You can tweak the voyage settings to ignore 4* crew as well, but again you may miss some if you lack a 5* pair. I think what I need to look into is adding options to the display per rarity to be able to be set per rarity as opposed to having the value apply to each rarity. I'm going to try and play with that and see if I have any luck. I've got some time today to explore that.

And what everyone has been waiting for: New version published. Added a bunch of new crew.
  • [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Cmdrworf, I turned off 4* best base and froze 5-6 crew. The only downside was that I froze someone who was on one of my daily skirmish crews. I replaced them with similar crew. I did increase best active crew to 5. I’d be happy to share my sheet with you if that would be helpful.

I think it might be helpful to align the settings with the area of the game that they assist in the instructions. That might help orient players to the settings that are most important to them.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmdrworf, I turned off 4* best base and froze 5-6 crew. The only downside was that I froze someone who was on one of my daily skirmish crews. I replaced them with similar crew. I did increase best active crew to 5. I’d be happy to share my sheet with you if that would be helpful.

I think it might be helpful to align the settings with the area of the game that they assist in the instructions. That might help orient players to the settings that are most important to them.

I think I may be on to some issues with the keep vs display logic. Its kinda a mess and I've really messed up my personal sheet trying to fix it so far. I'm making progress but I think its some really ugly reworking I need to do.
  • Anybody knows how I could choose which crew to "star up"?

Say I want to choose which 5* to add a citation to according to voyage stats ( seems like the best way to get more honor ) is there a way to figure out which of my 1/5 starts would be the best voyagers among my current crew if I got them to 5/5 ?
  • b
    Anybody knows how I could choose which crew to "star up"?

Say I want to choose which 5* to add a citation to according to voyage stats ( seems like the best way to get more honor ) is there a way to figure out which of my 1/5 starts would be the best voyagers among my current crew if I got them to 5/5 ?

For that, I use Captain Idol's Data Analysis Sheet. It has crew broken down into Shuttle, Voyager and Gauntlet crew and provides a potential list.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    b
    Anybody knows how I could choose which crew to "star up"?

For that, I use Captain Idol's Data Analysis Sheet. It has crew broken down into Shuttle, Voyager and Gauntlet crew and provides a potential list.

Crew tab has the Voyage rank if you use the import which would show the "best" crew for you if you sort first by your owned crew,, then by the voyage score. Otherwise if you unhide the stats tab it has the fully fused voyage scores on it as well.
  • AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    With the new Collection dropping today, I was wondering if it would be possible for the Collections bonuses on the Settings page to auto-fill from the crew you have.

We have all the other information required already: which crew are in which collections, and how many you have. It would just be a matter of inputting the collection bonuses from this list onto the Collections page, adding intermediate Tiers and not just the max, and adding up the bonuses on the Settings page.

I don't know how much work that would entail, though.
  • Happy Holidays! In what ever manner you enjoy! Thank you SOOO much Cmdrworf, Klobetime and all who have had a hand in keeping the DNA going. Stay Safe and Happy New Year! May your 2021 be WAY better than 2020 (easy right - LOL)
    Capt Dee Mentia

ps i hope to forget 2020 existed :wink:
  • DeeMentia wrote: »
    Thank you SOOO much Cmdrworf, Klobetime and all who have had a hand in keeping the DNA going.

Agree completely! Thank you so much for your contribution to the community.

To that end, my sheet says that Pizza Riker is not in the portal, yet he is. I've already had him drop on a merit pull. That may be a datacore issue, but I thought I'd raise awareness.
  • Yep, it is a Datacore issue oversight. The sheet pulls that data from the import.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. New sheet should be coming today. just waiting on the new crew for the event before I publish it. Also have the new collection added, and updated the EV suit collection as well.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    publishing 4.10
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    publishing 4.10

Thanks @cmdrworf, I echo what others have said, I really appreciate you keeping the DNA going along with @klobetime and any others that have piped in with help such as @Leshy.

and I'll take this opportunity to say (as it relates to you):

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Hanukkah Sameach! / Blessed Be / Joyous Kwanzaa / Fleiz Navidad and Happy New Year!.... Or in basic terms Have a good one!

(if I've missed any, it's due to lack of knowledge on my part, let me know and I'll edit the post!)
    ----
  • [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    cmdrworf, I'm the process of updating to the new spreadsheet. My saved version has a series of extra sheets at the bottom that are highlighted. I suspect that they are supposed to be hidden, but the "hide" switch is off. FYI.

Annnnnd a question: on the missions tab, if you have more than one crew who can complete a node, are the crew listed by strength in completing that node?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf, I'm the process of updating to the new spreadsheet. My saved version has a series of extra sheets at the bottom that are highlighted. I suspect that they are supposed to be hidden, but the "hide" switch is off. FYI.

Annnnnd a question: on the missions tab, if you have more than one crew who can complete a node, are the crew listed by strength in completing that node?

Ill hide them. and no, the crew are not in strength order.