Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    erulin9 wrote: »
    Added new Collection. Smoke and Mirrors

The settings page needs a toggle at the end of it for the new collection. (And maybe others? I feel like there's been another new collection recently.)

See my previous comment. I'll check the last couple collections as well. I'm also trying to find out what they actually do as I can't seem to find them being used. They were added before I took this over.

Found and fixed now. will be in 4.05
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Red Angle shows as SCI/ENG/CMD, but it is SCI/ENG/DIP.
    The last vlookup in Gauntlet Overall needs a fix. Column 107 would be DC, but the selction only goes to DB.
  • After importing my crew I have crew that I Spaced last time but they are still active after a new import, yet in my game they are not there.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Red Angle shows as SCI/ENG/CMD, but it is SCI/ENG/DIP.
    The last vlookup in Gauntlet Overall needs a fix. Column 107 would be DC, but the selction only goes to DB.

Both fixed in next release. Thank you.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    After importing my crew I have crew that I Spaced last time but they are still active after a new import, yet in my game they are not there.

Did you start with a blank sheet? I don't believe it removes crew if you use a sheet that is already populated.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing new version. Quite a few fixes/updates and new crew added.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12UfyOIS6suQe-Qh79V8EuyL2A0yUu8PB0zdm7AZgBpU/edit?usp=sharing

"Fixed Susprina Sec Stats
    Fixed Humanoid Figure Diplomacy stats
    Added toggle for turning on/off the Smoke and Mirrors collection
    Fixed Gauntet overall Med check.
    Fixed Red Angel's Stats (Had Command instead of Diplomacy)"
    Added new crew: EV Suit McCoy, Leila Kalomi
  • In the latest DataCore exports, Dr Crusher has become Dr. Crusher and Cristóbal Rios has become Crist��bal Rios so those aren't working as they used to anymore. (I've fixed them in my own version.)
  • In the latest DataCore exports, Dr Crusher has become Dr. Crusher and Cristóbal Rios has become Crist��bal Rios so those aren't working as they used to anymore. (I've fixed them in my own version.)

WRG updated some crew names, so I synced them into DataCore to match - they should now match exactly the in-game names; not sure where the disconnect is. Also, Rios is showing correctly for me (that's a UTF-8 character), I wonder where the breakdown occurs. If you look in the .csv you get from DataCore export, does it show correctly there?
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    See my previous comment.

Sorry, I think we posted at the same time. ::see-no-evil emoji::
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I have a pbm too with EV Suit T'Pol that I have in my roster but dont appears on the sheet (added with crusher and rios). I can see a pbm too with : Abassador v'lar, zhian'tar odo, vahar'ai saru and Dr Phlox.
    So some with ' in the name, others with Dr and Rios (should be the ò in the name).
    Maybe they should stop renaming characters ...
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, either myself or @klobetime will try to get these addressed for this weeks release. Good news, is they are easy fixes. Bad news is this is the only way to find out is when one breaks like this.
  • klobetimeklobetime ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Ambassador V'Lar, Cristóbal Rios, Dr. Crusher, Dr. Phlox, EV Suit T'Pol, Vahar'ai Saru, and Zhian'tara Odo are the changed names that now mismatch.
    Also, Rios is showing correctly for me (that's a UTF-8 character), I wonder where the breakdown occurs. If you look in the .csv you get from DataCore export, does it show correctly there?

The CSV has the correct UTF-8 character, as it did before. If I open the CSV in Excel, though, I get the ��, same as importing into Google Sheets now. Oddly older versions of the CSV still import just fine into Sheets, with Cristóbal appearing as expected. Maybe removing the curved quotes caused a change in processing where Google no longer is looking for UTF chars when it encounters Rios? Seems farfetched, but clearly the newer import is behaving differently.
  • TemporalAgent7TemporalAgent7 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I think the standard (RFC 4180) for CSV predates UTF-8 and thus only specifies ASCII (7-bit) encoding. I wonder why things worked before now though (the name for Cristóbal Rios was not updated with the change). I think you're right, the presence of the ’ character (now replaced with ') must've triggered Excel to treat the entire file as UTF-8 encoded.

Hmm, not sure how to fix this, suggestions welcome (adding a BOM might solve the problem for some text editors but make it worse for others). Perhaps we (3rd party resources) can agree to misspell "Cristóbal" to "Cristobal" across the board since it looks like this is the only remaining non-ASCII character for English crew names?

Another alternative might be to use the XLSX (Excel format) download instead of the CSV, though I'm not sure if it includes all the same information - we can format it if needed.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with agreeing to a technical misspelling
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    publishing new version. Fixes and new crew.
    I apologize in advance for asking a question I should know the answer to, but could someone explain the difference between Max Base Skill, Best Active Skill, and a Top Voyager?

For those of you with a fairly established crew, how do you determine that your 5* crew have overtaken your 4* crew, such that you can freeze them?

Max Base is just that. the base skill value. Med 840 + 121-201 the base is the 840.

Best Active Skill - Base + Average of the range. so 840 + 161 (average of 121 and 201).

Top Voyager - Lots of stuff goes into that but its based on the voyage scores on the Stats tab.

All 3 of these use a number (about 5 I beleive) of each to recommend keeping active.

For how to determine - Assuming your 5*'s are not FFE its not easy.

Gauntlet is easy. I never use 4* crew as # of stars does not matter so most 5* crew with 1* are better then any 4* crew. (yeah there are a few exceptions where a 4* may give a 65% bonus and that makes it worth it).

For Arena, short of Ardra for her crit bonus I only use 5* crew in the top division.

For voyages it can be harder. I started freezing most of my 4* crew when I rarely saw them coming up in voyages. I have a couple of traits where some 4* crew make it but not many. (except event time, then I use 4* event crew heavily).

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been giving the settings on my sheet some more thought and wondering if I need them “turned on.” For example, is there any value in retaining crew solely based upon them being the best 4* base or active if that doesn’t translate to usage?

Rather than changing the sheet, I’m wondering if I should just turn more settings off.

• Negh_varNegh_var ✭✭
    edited November 2020

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been giving the settings on my sheet some more thought and wondering if I need them “turned on.” For example, is there any value in retaining crew solely based upon them being the best 4* base or active if that doesn’t translate to usage?

Rather than changing the sheet, I’m wondering if I should just turn more settings off.

I would say it really depends on your roster. I've got the majority of 4* and quite a collection of 5* so now I just keep enough 4* out as my crew slots allow and if I start to run short due to having too many unfused, I'll use the combination of voyage and tier number, keeping in mind they're subjective, and freeze out the 4/4's that are at the bottom of the barrel.

As a result I've stopped all options for 3/4/5 base values so my sheet calcs might finish quicker each update. Plus I've got my own 'Extras' sheet that has stuff I want to track that has it's own formulas so I may be adding more clumsy coding to account for any refinement with each version.
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negh_var wrote: »

I would say it really depends on your roster. I've got the majority of 4* and quite a collection of 5* so now I just keep enough 4* out as my crew slots allow and if I start to run short due to having too many unfused, I'll use the combination of voyage and tier number, keeping in mind they're subjective, and freeze out the 4/4's that are at the bottom of the barrel.

As a result I've stopped all options for 3/4/5 base values so my sheet calcs might finish quicker each update. Plus I've got my own 'Extras' sheet that has stuff I want to track that has it's own formulas so I may be adding more clumsy coding to account for any refinement with each version.

@Negh_var If you want, I'd be willing to look at what "extras" you're doing and possible incorporate some/all of them. :-) Always looking for ideas.
    @Negh_var If you want, I'd be willing to look at what "extras" you're doing and possible incorporate some/all of them. :-) Always looking for ideas.

Sure I can point out the features, not sure if they'll be of benefit, my sheet work is very basic compared to yours. Hope you don't mind the longish post.

Firstly I pull the ships table from the STT Wiki but only two columns, so I can track which ones I've maxed out so I know then which schematics I can use for replicator. I've noticed this is in the datadump used by Datacore but I've no idea how to parse it properly.
    ob9e6k0gw9be.png

I've also got a small calculation thing for skirmishes (added also for the test mini event though it hasn't reappeared), here's my last values and basic formulas I've tried.:
    gk2ietdu5fxa.png
    Here's the formula view
    7lfrlwbaqrko.png

I put my victory points and current intel totals in the yellow sections and the sheet tells me based on current date and event end date if I'll have enough intel so I know if I can go hard or chill. It's just so I'll know if I'll get threshold reward. My calcs are a bit out of whack I keep tweaking them every event.

Lastly, I pull the list of Dilemmas from the wiki page and then going by the Dilemma details on the wiki, I track what paths to follow for what crew.
    awkn9qgmm9ad.png
    I'm an end game player so don't really care about other rewards.
    ----
  • Negh_var wrote: »

I’ve got about half the purples and quite a few golds. My issue is that I don’t have a gold for each combo, which is why I’d like to see voyagers combined into one list, regardless of color.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve got about half the purples and quite a few golds. My issue is that I don’t have a gold for each combo, which is why I’d like to see voyagers combined into one list, regardless of color.

I've been looking at options for this. Hoping to have something soonish.
  • Not sure if you want to do this, but...

Could we get a spot on the Settings page in the Starbase/Collection Bonuses section to input the following?

Starbase Replicator Uses
    Starbase Replicator Cost
    Starbase Max Chrons
    Collection Replicator Uses
    Collection Replicator Cost
    Collection Max Chrons
    Collection Trainer Efficiency

Even if it doesn't actually do anything in the sheet itself, it might be nice to have it all available in one spot so you don't have to go to the Wiki or game to find those few missing things.

Perhaps putting them below the "Apply Bonuses" box would be a good indicator they're not being used in calculations.

I've been looking at options for this. Hoping to have something soonish.

Cmdrworf, I appreciate that I may be in the minority on the utility of this, so feel free to keep things as the majority prefers.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing new version.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fused characters--

I have Indulgent Seven immortalized but my 1* Mobile Doctor is still marked as active for the reason of being able to be fused into Indulgent Seven.

It might be nice to have a checkbox somewhere for each of the fusion characters so I can disable trying to achieve them if I've either finished them or aren't interested?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Fused characters--

I have Indulgent Seven immortalized but my 1* Mobile Doctor is still marked as active for the reason of being able to be fused into Indulgent Seven.

It might be nice to have a checkbox somewhere for each of the fusion characters so I can disable trying to achieve them if I've either finished them or aren't interested?

I think it would need to be the checkbox approach to keep the flexibility. I should be able to include that fairly easy like the collections are done. do you think that would work?
  • Negh_varNegh_var ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Fused characters--

I think it would need to be the checkbox approach to keep the flexibility. I should be able to include that fairly easy like the collections are done. do you think that would work?

Isn't this there already?

On the settings sheet there's a "Fusable Crew" checkbox..

Edit: this checkbox was added way back in version 3.16 by Leshy... might just need a code tweak
    ----
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fused characters--

Edit: this checkbox was added way back in version 3.16 by Leshy... might just need a code tweak

That does turn off the "Can be fused into" note in the Reason column.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fused characters--

I was thinking the request was for "by crew" vs the global option. @dext74 what are your thoughts. does the existing global work or were you truly looking at a "by crew" option.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fused characters--

I was thinking the request was for "by crew" vs the global option. @dext74 what are your thoughts. does the existing global work or were you truly looking at a "by crew" option.

Personally, I'd rather see it by specific crew. So that I, in my example above, can uncheck Cheesecake 7 while still being able to pursue other fusible crew. So if someone wants the Duras Sisters but not the Binars they could flip the toggle.

But its a minor concern on my part -- I can go either way!