Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Klobetime, are the revised versions just crew additions or is there more to them?

Mostly crew additions, but the Gauntlet Tab that Worf has been working on for a while is there as a beta feature. The release notes for the past couple of versions:
    • Added new crew: Altan Inigo Soong, Dr. Roger Korby
    • Added new Beta feature - Gauntlet Tab (Thanks to [IPA] grandhike).
    • Fixed issue with Rarity on Voyage Tab.
    • Added new crew: Camp Nurse Janeway, Kivas Fajo, Emory Erickson, Ambassador V'Lar

Hope this helps!
  • Your work is outstanding, both of you. :smile: Worf can take all the time he needs to grieve, and we will support him in whatever ways we can. :smile:
  • erulin9erulin9 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    klobetime wrote: »
    [*] Fixed issue with Rarity on Voyage Tab.

We got so distracted by the obvious rarity errors, we missed that none of the numbers in the skill columns made sense. The totals are right, but the six skill colons need to have 1 added to the formulas in the same way that the rarity formula did.

EDIT: Same thing for the formulas in the skill columns in the Gauntlet sheet.

EDIT2: I hate to pick on the Gauntlet sheet, I know it's in Beta, and I have more I could say, but another easy fix, though, is the conditional formatting in the Overall score column doesn't go to the bottom. (None of them do? But it goes far enough in the other columns for my crew list).
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main page link has been updated. Thank you all it was good to read all of it after this whirlwind I've been on. I am back in the groove again. Going to be crazy for awhile but being back will be nice again.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    erulin9 wrote: »

We got so distracted by the obvious rarity errors, we missed that none of the numbers in the skill columns made sense. The totals are right, but the six skill colons need to have 1 added to the formulas in the same way that the rarity formula did.

EDIT2: I hate to pick on the Gauntlet sheet, I know it's in Beta, and I have more I could say, but another easy fix, though, is the conditional formatting in the Overall score column doesn't go to the bottom. (None of them do? But it goes far enough in the other columns for my crew list).

I'll try to look at these tomorrow. (no promises but I should be able to).
  • Next week's event is the first in a long while to have 5 slots for variants (while the sheet only has 4). however, given that two of those crew only have a single variant in the game, it shouldn't be TOO big of a deal.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week's event is the first in a long while to have 5 slots for variants (while the sheet only has 4). however, given that two of those crew only have a single variant in the game, it shouldn't be TOO big of a deal.

Another one to add to the list of future updates. Although I may be able to do that one fairly quick
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I'll try to look at these tomorrow. (no promises but I should be able to).

@erulin9 These should all be fixed in 4.01.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week's event is the first in a long while to have 5 slots for variants (while the sheet only has 4). however, given that two of those crew only have a single variant in the game, it shouldn't be TOO big of a deal.

Another one to add to the list of future updates. Although I may be able to do that one fairly quick

@AdmiralMemo This has been added to 4.01 which we will try to get out tomorrow/Thursday morning after stats are posted tomorrow. I have an appt so unless @klobetime can do it for me, it will be published Thursday morning.
  • 4.02 published: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OF9XFT1stsiv_0JDRgDLLw2GveAHz1c-YQfZk4qdq4g/edit?usp=sharing
    1. Fixed Gauntlet and Voyage stat score error due to adding a new field to the Stat page.
    2. Added ability to select a fifth variant for event crew.
    3. Added new crew: Breen Disguise Kira
  • Thanks for the new Gauntlet tab, it is quite interesting. I did a small modification to the Gauntlet Overall calculation to reflect the crit rating. I added
    ($J13+1)*
    to the calculation to take the different crit rates into account. Now I see also other creq than the challengers in the top ranks.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the new Gauntlet tab, it is quite interesting. I did a small modification to the Gauntlet Overall calculation to reflect the crit rating. I added
    ($J13+1)*
    to the calculation to take the different crit rates into account. Now I see also other creq than the challengers in the top ranks.

Added as a new column so people can see it with and without.
  • Breen Disguise Kira has a version number of 4.01 when she should have 4.02
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breen Disguise Kira has a version number of 4.01 when she should have 4.02

Thanks. Will be fixed in next release.
  • I apologize in advance for asking a question I should know the answer to, but could someone explain the difference between Max Base Skill, Best Active Skill, and a Top Voyager?
  • Is there anywhere where we can get an explanation as to how to go login to fetch our data? I play via iOS and I don't know how to export it for consumption in the tracker.
  • I play via iOS as well. I’ve never figured out how to perform all the steps via iPad, so I use my computer to update the spreadsheet.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a PC to do it when I do anything with the spreadsheet but I'm not an apple user so I cannot say for certainty what will work for IOS.
  • It's likely not possible to do it on a mobile device. I've tried on my phone and on my tablet and neither of them have enough clipboard space to copy the whole Datacore export.

If your device DOES have enough clipboard space to copy the whole export, then it should work, no matter what device it is.
  • My iPad pro can copy the whole thing from the source into DataCore, (I use an attached keyboard to command C and V) but I've never tried to export the data out of DataCore into the spreadsheet. I assume it would be possible? but you know what happens when you assume.
  • I apologize in advance for asking a question I should know the answer to, but could someone explain the difference between Max Base Skill, Best Active Skill, and a Top Voyager?

For those of you with a fairly established crew, how do you determine that your 5* crew have overtaken your 4* crew, such that you can freeze them?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize in advance for asking a question I should know the answer to, but could someone explain the difference between Max Base Skill, Best Active Skill, and a Top Voyager?

For those of you with a fairly established crew, how do you determine that your 5* crew have overtaken your 4* crew, such that you can freeze them?

Max Base is just that. the base skill value. Med 840 + 121-201 the base is the 840.

Best Active Skill - Base + Average of the range. so 840 + 161 (average of 121 and 201).

Top Voyager - Lots of stuff goes into that but its based on the voyage scores on the Stats tab.

All 3 of these use a number (about 5 I beleive) of each to recommend keeping active.

For how to determine - Assuming your 5*'s are not FFE its not easy.

Gauntlet is easy. I never use 4* crew as # of stars does not matter so most 5* crew with 1* are better then any 4* crew. (yeah there are a few exceptions where a 4* may give a 65% bonus and that makes it worth it).

For Arena, short of Ardra for her crit bonus I only use 5* crew in the top division.

For voyages it can be harder. I started freezing most of my 4* crew when I rarely saw them coming up in voyages. I have a couple of traits where some 4* crew make it but not many. (except event time, then I use 4* event crew heavily).

• Okay, 4.03 has been published!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNvMjOdj0AcUxtGzCX07monvWV_THozoef6KLXnl9NA/edit?usp=sharing
    • Added new crew: Awaiting Amanda Grayson, Captain Solok, Dignitary Sarek, D'Nesh, Em/3/Green, EV Suit Spock
    • Added new column in Gauntlet tab that includes the crit bonus in the overall gauntlet rating

Note that D'Nesh hasn't yet appeared in DataCore, so some of her data isn't yet there. DataCore (or TiltingPoint, not sure which) isn't always consistent on which apostrophe (curved or straight) is used for names so there is a chance that character won't work when it does appear. If so, we'll get that changed quickly.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version published

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Go4sH-eovSKxbkstYvka1SWbCbNKQVH-3wAEC8grj0/edit?usp=sharing

Fixed Prisioner Kim's traits,
    Added new Collection. Smoke and Mirrors
    Added New Crew: Mok'bara Crusher
  • Humanoid Figure's DIP min is shown as 296, but it's actually 206.
    Suspiria's SEC min-max is shown as 148-412, but it's actually 151-310.
  • Regarding the new collection "Smoke and Mirrors", I believe we should also see this collection added to the collections area under the Settings tab.
  • cmdrworf wrote: »

The settings page needs a toggle at the end of it for the new collection. (And maybe others? I feel like there's been another new collection recently.)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the new collection "Smoke and Mirrors", I believe we should also see this collection added to the collections area under the Settings tab.

Correct. I've already got that in 4.05. Although Im trying to figure out what the flags actually do and I've not found where the logic actually works yet.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

The settings page needs a toggle at the end of it for the new collection. (And maybe others? I feel like there's been another new collection recently.)

See my previous comment. I'll check the last couple collections as well. I'm also trying to find out what they actually do as I can't seem to find them being used. They were added before I took this over.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ganon wrote: »
    Humanoid Figure's DIP min is shown as 296, but it's actually 206.
    Suspiria's SEC min-max is shown as 148-412, but it's actually 151-310.

Fixed in 4.05. Thank you.