Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Love the import menu!!!

Now that Datacore has the Citation Optimizer how about adding a cite column with check boxes next to the Keep column.

2yth3hrkuxeu.png
  • [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @cmdrworf , on the new code to update from an old sheet to a new, it did not check off "max starbase" for me. I re-selected it and will check with the next update.

Also, for those who do not add notes, etc., you can just import missions and settings, and then import crew from datacore.

Recommendation: put the Upgrade tab next to the Import tab.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf , on the new code to update from an old sheet to a new, it did not check off "max starbase" for me. I re-selected it and will check with the next update.

Also, for those who do not add notes, etc., you can just import missions and settings, and then import crew from datacore.

I moved the Upgrade tab for the next version.

@mr_sparky can you take a look at the max starbase field and see why it may not have copied. In looking at the script, I believe it should have.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Science Officer Tilly is missing.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Science Officer Tilly is missing.

Ah shoot. I forgot about them adding her from the campaign. I'll get her for the next update. Thanks.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the import menu!!!

Now that Datacore has the Citation Optimizer how about adding a cite column with check boxes next to the Keep column.

2yth3hrkuxeu.png

Good Idea. Added for 5.01.

And I'll give the Kudos to @mr_sparky as it was his creation. I just added it to the base code for the DNA checklist.
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    It's a few versions I have a problem with Kal'hyah Sisko :

w56b1yzrh7wv.png

No problem with him on datacore :

bg0kgo03jdmc.png
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Mururoa wrote: »
    It's a few versions I have a problem with Kal'hya Sisko :
    w56b1yzrh7wv.png
    I have him FE/2 stars.

He has an issue with the import method due to the apostrophe that is being used by WRG and how DataCore imports that one. Let me take a look and see if I can do something similar like we did we Rios to fix him.

Can you look at the import tab, and tell me if he shows with ???? when the apostrophe should be.

Also (I know this sounds odd) what country are you in? I've noticed some of these vary with the character set that gets used based on location. He works for me, but I know that Rios was an issue depending on country
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Yes, weird in import tab as well :

nhdcdbol2yx6.png

Similar to Rios :

cy13s9io8d9j.png
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, weird in import tab as well :

nhdcdbol2yx6.png

Similar to Rios :

cy13s9io8d9j.png

Does Rios work for you? If so, then I'll apply that same fix.
  • Yes rios is working.
    He looks like the same as in import tab with ?? but he's ok for the rest.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes rios is working.
    He looks like the same as in import tab with ?? but he's ok for the rest.

Thanks. I've got the fix applied in 5.01 which I'll publish next week.
  • cmdrworf wrote: »

I moved the Upgrade tab for the next version.

@mr_sparky can you take a look at the max starbase field and see why it may not have copied. In looking at the script, I believe it should have.

@cmdrworf @[VIP0]USS%20Dart Thanks. I tried but couldn't reproduce the problem. Hopefully it was just a fluke. If it happens again, please let me know.
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Really cool to pull the old sheet over. Do we update our sheets with the import still? This is the first time I can't get it to work.
  • ACE wrote: »
    Really cool to pull the old sheet over. Do we update our sheets with the import still? This is the first time I can't get it to work.

Yes, the idea is you use the scripts to copy over notes, manual info, settings, etc.
    You can use the script to copy over your *existing* datacore import from your old Google Sheet, but you still use the datacore import to make updates.
  • AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Thanks for the import option, though I personally think I could manually copy stuff over faster than the script does it. :smiley:

I got "Service Spreadsheets timed out while accessing document with id 1ZId4HGWxJTCknb-LX9NVZA5_9IxHEOTtaBOBiKccMNw.Details" when trying to overwrite the Import Tab. Also, I don't know if it's related to the timeout, but the "Keep" column didn't import over to the new sheet. Everything else seems to work fine, other than those two things.

Now, to do my regular ritual of resizing my columns to the widths I like them, again. :smiley:
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    ACE wrote: »

Yes, the idea is you use the scripts to copy over notes, manual info, settings, etc.
    You can use the script to copy over your *existing* datacore import from your old Google Sheet, but you still use the datacore import to make updates.

Does import work for anyone that has the new update feature? I can't import.
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭

Oh, some formulas are gone. I don't know how. I will fix it. Sorry about that.
  • Thanks for the import option, though I personally think I could manually copy stuff over faster than the script does it. :smiley:

I got "Service Spreadsheets timed out while accessing document with id 1ZId4HGWxJTCknb-LX9NVZA5_9IxHEOTtaBOBiKccMNw.Details" when trying to overwrite the Import Tab. Also, I don't know if it's related to the timeout, but the "Keep" column didn't import over to the new sheet. Everything else seems to work fine, other than those two things.

Now, to do my regular ritual of resizing my columns to the widths I like them, again. :smiley:

Re the Import tab: yeah, if you're on desktop, it just might be better/easier to do a fresh export from Datacore instead of using the script. I'll see if there's anything I can do to speed it up.

Hmm, when you got the timeout problem, were you trying to run multiple functions at the same time?

I couldn't replicate the "Keep" column not copying over problem. But I think @cmdrworf is releasing 5.0.1 which has an enhanced script to copy over those Crew columns, so hopefully that'll work better.

You know, I may be able to copy over column sizes...what tab(s)/column(s) are you resizing the columns on?

I've done a lot of testing and everything seems to be working fine. Which part is causing problems for you and what's (not) happening exactly?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do the manual copy script, that replaces formulas on the crew tab. If you take a fresh import each version you'll generally just need settings, missions, and notes I think.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    cmdrworf wrote: »

If you do the manual copy script, that replaces formulas on the crew tab. If you take a fresh import each version you'll generally just need settings, missions, and notes I think.

@ACE we (well mainly @mr_sparky ) made some changes so when I release 5.01 this week it should be clearer as to what needs to be done.
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭

I didn't do it manually. But I do remove the first 3 rows on the Crew tab, so I think it didn't line up properly? We'll see. Thanks for helping.

I didn't do it manually. But I do remove the first 3 rows on the Crew tab, so I think it didn't line up properly? We'll see. Thanks for helping.

Ah, ok. Yeah, the first scripts depended on the columns being in exactly where they are. But the new script that'll be released with the next version is much smarter and should work regardless of if you move columns around or delete/add any. Fingers crossed!
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭

Ah, ok. Yeah, the first scripts depended on the columns being in exactly where they are. But the new script that'll be released with the next version is much smarter and should work regardless of if you move columns around or delete/add any. Fingers crossed!

I only remove rows, no columns are moved. Not sure if that changes anything.

I only remove rows, no columns are moved. Not sure if that changes anything.

Oh, sorry, you wrote "rows" and I read "columns". Yes, that does change things. Can I suggest that you run the upgrade scripts *before* you delete rows next time?
  • what are these rows you delete?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Published new version. 5.01

"Added New Crew: Science Officer Tilly, Mark Jameson, Su'Kal, Syrran
    Added new column to the Crew tab for ""Cite"". This is a manual column for you to mark crew you wish to cite. A suggestion is to use the new Citation Optimizer from DataCore.
    Updated the copy scripts to work better for the columns on the crew tab. This should work better and be clearer now. (Thanks to Mr. Sparky)
    Added Telepath to Patar, and Cultural Figure to K'mpec
    Fixed issue with Kal’Hyah Sisko not pulling in stats"
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Bradski wrote: »
    what are these rows you delete?

The headers off the top. The first 3 rows have the same name as the tab itself.
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    My formulas still didn't upgrade. Just the values. What could I be doing wrong?
    Do you have to sort a certain way before upgrading?