Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Ok, Here's what I'm working on for the next release.

I am removing the best X* Sec/Med crew from the recommendation logic, and replacing it with logic to recommend any crew that will improve the Sec/Med that you currently have based on the number of them that you wish to keep and the star level of crew you wish to include. This should give a better recommendation. This means if you have it set to 4* and up, and a 4* crew would help you it would be recommended to unfreeze if frozen, or "need" if you don't own it.

Yeah - I think this logic makes much more sense than segregating crew based on whether they're super rare, legendary, etc. If you have a crappy legendary and a good super rare, then the sheet should be telling you to keep that super rare over the legendary (based on how it will help your roster). Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Maybe it's me but near all my active crew have recommendation "Voyage Crew: SCI/MED" even the crew that have no SCI and no MED.
    Nothing like that in 5.03.
    Just done another import and nothing changed.
    I used the Upgrade from old sheed scripts.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Hi,
    Maybe it's me but near all my active crew have recommendation "Voyage Crew: SCI/MED" even the crew that have no SCI and no MED.
    Nothing like that in 5.03.
    Just done another import and nothing changed.
    I used the Upgrade from old sheed scripts.

Take a new copy. I had an error in a column and though I fixed it before anyone grabbed a copy of 5.04
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    The voyage tab is buggy. I can't sort the columns without problems. The numbers becomes chaotic, if i sort others columns. If i sort from z to a, there are many empty lines on top. In previous versions there were no problems.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loretta wrote: »
    The voyage tab is buggy. I can't sort the columns without problems. The numbers becomes chaotic, if i sort others columns. If i sort from z to a, there are many empty lines on top. In previous versions there were no problems.

Yep.. It looks like the new formulas we added to load the page have broken the sorting options. I'll add this to my list after the enhancement I'm working on.
  • Options

Yep.. It looks like the new formulas we added to load the page have broken the sorting options. I'll add this to my list after the enhancement I'm working on.

thx :-)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    5.05 Is being released to beta testers today.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else interested in beta testing? I think I have most of the issues resolved. There has been some debate if the recommendations on who to Freeze/thaw is accurate based on the 2 skill pairs for voyages so I'd love some more people to look at that aspect of this new sheet.
  • Options
    Anyone else interested in beta testing? I think I have most of the issues resolved. There has been some debate if the recommendations on who to Freeze/thaw is accurate based on the 2 skill pairs for voyages so I'd love some more people to look at that aspect of this new sheet.

Would be a pleasure...
  • Options
    I am interested
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Links sent to all of you that volunteered.
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @cmdrworf Suggestion: populate yourself as a share on the test sheets. That should make sharing populated sheets back to you easier.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf Suggestion: populate yourself as a share on the test sheets. That should make sharing populated sheets back to you easier.

The problem is I can share by link or I can share to people. I've not seen a way to do both. If there is, I'm not familiar with it, and I need to share by link to make this available to everyone.

• Options
    I'd like to volunteer. I can't guarantee a quick response but I'm not afraid to use untested recommendations.
  • Options
    @cmdrworf, the beta is giving me a freeze/space recommendation on my immortalized Solar Sails Sisko, yet Datacore just picked him for a voyage. FYSA
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf, the beta is giving me a freeze/space recommendation on my immortalized Solar Sails Sisko, yet Datacore just picked him for a voyage. FYSA

Considering that a voyage could use up to 12 crew for a specific crew pair and factors in the traits for the voyage, It is always a possibility that you may get a recommendation from Datacore when the sheet says to freeze. Even setting the keep to 12 for each voyage pair may not help because it is really the two best for each tertiary skill plus the variable trait factor. There is not really any way to factor all of that into the DNA sheet as it changes per voyage and Datacore does that better then this sheet ever could. It will get you close to who to keep/freeze but there will always be outlier conditions where a crew may be better/needed for a specific voyage.

I'll take a look though to make sure that this is the likely case. I've found enough little issues that you never know....
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing Version 5.10 today.

"Public release of new Voyage crew recommnedation logic
    Added New Crew: Orion Captain, Dahj On The Run, Angel Gabrielle Burnham, Prisoner Spock, Graduation Amanda Grayson, Liana, Mournful Elnor, Security Laris
    Added New Collection: Great Compassion"
  • Options
    Loretta {PoF}Loretta {PoF} ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Thx. But the mistake, if you sort the columns in voyage-tab, persists. See messages at January 18.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx. But the mistake, if you sort the columns in voyage-tab, persists. See messages at January 18.

Yep. I've got it on my Issue log on the first tab. I don't have a solution that I like yet.
  • Options
    Good job !
    I'm just a little puzzled since I get "5* Voyage Improvement" and recommendation "Space" on same crews. Maybe that's normal.
  • Options

Yep. I've got it on my Issue log on the first tab. I don't have a solution that I like yet.

AH, i see. Didn`t read that. Sorry.
  • Options
    Hi @cmdrworf, not sure if this is a known issue to you - on my sheet it appears some crew are flagging as "Need" but not giving a reason?

Originally I thought it was the way I was sorting my sheet but I did it again with a clean one and it still happened.

ir6cvos7pvoa.png
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Good job !
    I'm just a little puzzled since I get "5* Voyage Improvement" and recommendation "Space" on same crews. Maybe that's normal.

@Mururoa Dang it. Can you please share your sheet with me (be sure to change the share settings so I can look at it). That should not be happening.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cmdrworf, not sure if this is a known issue to you - on my sheet it appears some crew are flagging as "Need" but not giving a reason?

Originally I thought it was the way I was sorting my sheet but I did it again with a clean one and it still happened.

ir6cvos7pvoa.png

@Steph loves Voyager Just like @Mururoa can you please share your sheet with me. I was so focused on testing/fixing the 5* crew I must have broke something on the 4*. Be sure to change the share settings so I can see it when you do. Thank you.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

AH, i see. Didn`t read that. Sorry.

@Loretta Just an update. I have a fix in flight now. I'm hoping to release it with the next version. It will work a bit different, but I think its a decent blend of performance and functionality. Thanks again to @mr_sparky for the help on this one.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Loretta @Mururoa Version 5.11 is published fixing your two issues.

Fixed issue with crew recommendations showing Space and 5* improvement.
    Reworked Voyage Tab and added new sorting functionality.
  • Options
    Well, I must say that recent modifications make the recommendations more logical.
  • Options
    Loretta {PoF}Loretta {PoF} ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @Loretta @Mururoa Version 5.11 is published fixing your two issues.

Fixed issue with crew recommendations showing Space and 5* improvement.
    Reworked Voyage Tab and added new sorting functionality.

New voyage tab is great, thanks to both of you :-)
  • Options
    By the way: what exactly does the setting "Set the voyage score increase a crew needs to offer over your current weakest to be considered an upgrade." do?