Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    ACE wrote: »
    My formulas still didn't upgrade. Just the values. What could I be doing wrong?
    Do you have to sort a certain way before upgrading?

I guess we should make the instructions more clear.
    You should not use this option if you're relying on the formulas: Import/overwrite Crew (manual Fused / Level / Active cols)

That option is only for people who *aren't* using Datacore and are manually typing in their levels and stars, etc.

If you *are* relying on Datacore, you should either just download/upload a fresh export from Datacore, or use the Import/overwrite Crew (Import tab) menu.

And regardless of whether your using Datacore or keeping track of things manually, you can use any of these options as needed:
    • Import/overwrite Crew Notes/Keep/Cite cols
    • Import/overwrite Missions
    • Import/overwrite Settings
    • Copy over user tabs

Hope that's more clear?
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    My formulas still didn't upgrade. Just the values. What could I be doing wrong?
    Do you have to sort a certain way before upgrading?

I guess we should make the instructions more clear.
    You should not use this option if you're relying on the formulas: Import/overwrite Crew (manual Fused / Level / Active cols)

That option is only for people who *aren't* using Datacore and are manually typing in their levels and stars, etc.

If you *are* relying on Datacore, you should either just download/upload a fresh export from Datacore, or use the Import/overwrite Crew (Import tab) menu.

And regardless of whether your using Datacore or keeping track of things manually, you can use any of these options as needed:
    • Import/overwrite Crew Notes/Keep/Cite cols
    • Import/overwrite Missions
    • Import/overwrite Settings
    • Copy over user tabs

Hope that's more clear?

Yes, that's clear. I hope that's not what's currently explained, or I'll feel really stupid.
    I see the asterisks now. I didn't catch that before. Thanks a ton.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Does the upgrade feature take into account hidden tabs? I see it won't update a hidden tab, does it copy from one that's hidden?
  • Options
    Does the upgrade feature take into account hidden tabs? I see it won't update a hidden tab, does it copy from one that's hidden?

If you're talking about the "copy over user tabs", then yes, it doesn't matter if a tab is visible or hidden.
  • Options
    @cmdrworf, @mr_sparky You may want to say “pick one.” That’s a mistake I made when I first tried the new tool.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭

If you're talking about the "copy over user tabs", then yes, it doesn't matter if a tab is visible or hidden.

If user tabs means custom ones, I have none. I believe the Settings tab did not update because I hid it.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf, @mr_sparky You may want to say “pick one.” That’s a mistake I made when I first tried the new tool.

I would suggest cleaning up the font size, etc. making it more uniform. Possibly a corresponding numbered list.
  • Options
    Hi, having a brain fart (see player name) I guess. On the upgrade tab, I'm pasted the url in B1, typed Missions,Collections, in B2.
    where is: "Click on the new Upgrade from old Checklist menu, and select one of the following"? I'm not finding a menu. THANKS
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go on Timelines Talk and do a demonstration......
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeeMentia wrote: »
    Hi, having a brain fart (see player name) I guess. On the upgrade tab, I'm pasted the url in B1, typed Missions,Collections, in B2.
    where is: "Click on the new Upgrade from old Checklist menu, and select one of the following"? I'm not finding a menu. THANKS

B2 is only used if you have sheets that you created. In your menu bar you should see a new item that says "Upgrade from old checklist" (its in the same for as file, etc...) click then, then you can select the tabs you wish to copy.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Now, to do my regular ritual of resizing my columns to the widths I like them, again. :smiley:
    You know, I may be able to copy over column sizes...what tab(s)/column(s) are you resizing the columns on?
    Columns B through R and Columns U and V, all on the Crew tab. I just want to fit everything nicely on my screen width without scrolling all the time.

Also, my Notes/Keep columns didn't properly transfer over again and I needed to re-do them again. Minor issue, but thought I'd mention it.
  • Options
    Now, to do my regular ritual of resizing my columns to the widths I like them, again. :smiley:
    You know, I may be able to copy over column sizes...what tab(s)/column(s) are you resizing the columns on?
    Columns B through R and Columns U and V, all on the Crew tab. I just want to fit everything nicely on my screen width without scrolling all the time.

Also, my Notes/Keep columns didn't properly transfer over again and I needed to re-do them again. Minor issue, but thought I'd mention it.

That would bei nice. I resizing columns A to W an hide A and P everytime.
    Transfer the filters would be nice, too. I hide everybody with max stars 1 to 3.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I've not said it before, thanks for all of the feedback on this. Its been very helpful. I've giving @mr_sparky direct access to my dev copy of the DNA sheet so we can more efficiently make changes/improvements to it. Please keep the feedback coming and we'll keep the upgrades coming with this new feature. I'll try to publish releases weekly for awhile while we keep working on this.
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Thanks for all the feedback. The next update should have much better instructions and a more streamlined menu of options.

Re Filter Views (and hiding/resizing columns): I've been doing some research and it doesn't look like there's a way to copy Filter Views. There *is* a workaround that I've been using myself. I made a sample of it here.

(This will also work for people who're resizing and hiding columns).

1. Make a *duplicate* of the tab that you want to preserve your Filter Views for (e.g. "Crew" or "Voyage"). This is mainly to preserve existing column sizes, formatting, etc.
    (And maybe rename it to something like "My Crew" so it's more obvious that it's your own custom tab.)
    2. Select everything and delete the contents.
    3. Go to cell A1 and type in a formula like this: =arrayformula(Crew!A:W)
    That formula "brings in" all of the info from the *original* Crew tab, columns A to W.

What this does is effectively creates a "read-only" version of the original tab. Whatever Filter Views you create here will stay with the tab when/if you copy it to future Google Sheets. Same with if you hide or resize columns.

The down side is you'll still need to make notes and do edits (e.g. on the "Keep" and "Cite" columns) on the *original* tab.

I did this with the Voyage tab. I've got something like 17 Filter Views for the different Skill combinations and by doing it this way, I don't have to recreate them every time there's a new GS update.

I do think there's a way to copy over hidden column and column resizing settings, so I'll work on that next.
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Published new version. 5.01

"Added New Crew: Science Officer Tilly, Mark Jameson, Su'Kal, Syrran
    Added new column to the Crew tab for ""Cite"". This is a manual column for you to mark crew you wish to cite. A suggestion is to use the new Citation Optimizer from DataCore.
    Updated the copy scripts to work better for the columns on the crew tab. This should work better and be clearer now. (Thanks to Mr. Sparky)
    Added Telepath to Patar, and Cultural Figure to K'mpec
    Fixed issue with Kal’Hyah Sisko not pulling in stats"

Not that it really matters as far as functionality but did something get messed up with the Gauntlet Import sheet? Instead of seeing the crew skills, I see which series they are from. Was fine in 5.00.
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • Options
    dwsw
    Thanks for all the feedback. The next update should have much better instructions and a more streamlined menu of options.

Re Filter Views (and hiding/resizing columns): I've been doing some research and it doesn't look like there's a way to copy Filter Views. There *is* a workaround that I've been using myself. I made a sample of it here.

(This will also work for people who're resizing and hiding columns).

1. Make a *duplicate* of the tab that you want to preserve your Filter Views for (e.g. "Crew" or "Voyage"). This is mainly to preserve existing column sizes, formatting, etc.
    (And maybe rename it to something like "My Crew" so it's more obvious that it's your own custom tab.)
    2. Select everything and delete the contents.
    3. Go to cell A1 and type in a formula like this: =arrayformula(Crew!A:W)
    That formula "brings in" all of the info from the *original* Crew tab, columns A to W.

What this does is effectively creates a "read-only" version of the original tab. Whatever Filter Views you create here will stay with the tab when/if you copy it to future Google Sheets. Same with if you hide or resize columns.

The down side is you'll still need to make notes and do edits (e.g. on the "Keep" and "Cite" columns) on the *original* tab.

I did this with the Voyage tab. I've got something like 17 Filter Views for the different Skill combinations and by doing it this way, I don't have to recreate them every time there's a new GS update.

I do think there's a way to copy over hidden column and column resizing settings, so I'll work on that next.

Very nice, thank you. And i see, you don't have a solution for the missing checkboxes, too :-)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Published new version. 5.01

"Added New Crew: Science Officer Tilly, Mark Jameson, Su'Kal, Syrran
    Added new column to the Crew tab for ""Cite"". This is a manual column for you to mark crew you wish to cite. A suggestion is to use the new Citation Optimizer from DataCore.
    Updated the copy scripts to work better for the columns on the crew tab. This should work better and be clearer now. (Thanks to Mr. Sparky)
    Added Telepath to Patar, and Cultural Figure to K'mpec
    Fixed issue with Kal’Hyah Sisko not pulling in stats"

Not that it really matters as far as functionality but did something get messed up with the Gauntlet Import sheet? Instead of seeing the crew skills, I see which series they are from. Was fine in 5.00.

Fixed in 5.02. I broke it when I added the Cite column. thank you.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing 5.02

Revamed Upgrade from Old Checklist process and instructions.
    "Added Collection: Healthy Discourse
    Cleaned up notes for Upgrade from Old GS a bit.
    Renamed K'mpec to Chancellor K'mpec
    Renamed Mark Jameson to Admiral Mark Jameson
    Added New Crew: Flint, Skorr Tchar
    Fixed gauntlet tab that I broke when I added the CITE column."
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    The setting import breaks if you have K'mpec listed as event crew instead of Chancellor K'mpec. Not a bug just advice.
  • Options
    Publishing 5.02

I'm sorry, sometings wrong with the voyage tab. It stays empty.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loretta wrote: »
    Publishing 5.02

Ok, I'm stumped. I looked at everything and I don't see why this would have broken between 5.01 and 5.02 but it clearly will not load. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    Publishing 5.02

Ok, I'm stumped. I looked at everything and I don't see why this would have broken between 5.01 and 5.02 but it clearly will not load. Anyone have any ideas?

Sort of memory limit in google sheets online?
  • Options
    The setting import breaks if you have K'mpec listed as event crew instead of Chancellor K'mpec. Not a bug just advice.

I see. It's because there's data validation on the event crew section. So what's happening is the script is trying to copy over an "invalid crew" and the data validation stops it in its tracks. I don't think there's an easy way to fix this in the script, but the workaround is to *delete* the "bad" crew from your *old* GS's event crew on the Settings tab, *then* do the import.
  • Options
    Publishing 5.02

As a quick workaround while it's being fixed, the problem is that Admiral Mark Jameson is missing from the Crew tab. Insert a row where he would've been, and manually type in his name. That should fix the Voyage tab.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing 5.02

Sort of memory limit in google sheets online?

@Loretta @mr_sparky found it. I had an error on the crew tab (didn't re-add admiral Mark Jameson when I updated his name. stealth fixed in 5.02 if you want to pull a new copy.
  • Options
    @cmdrworf @mr_sparky thanks an good work in a short time :-)
  • Options
    What does the "Cite" column actually DO?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the "Cite" column actually DO?

Informational for the user, if you wish to mark crew that you want to cite. With Datacore adding the tool to determine the best crew to cite, I added this field so you can track any that you wish to cite.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    I’m getting an error on the dilemma tab similar to when the Wiki went down dxp5zl1o4woh.png

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquiel wrote: »
    I’m getting an error on the dilemma tab similar to when the Wiki went down dxp5zl1o4woh.png

Change field A1 to =QUERY(IMPORTHTML("https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Voyages#List_of_Dilemmas","table","3"),"Select Col2,Col5,Col6",1)

Looks like they removed/moved tables around.