Home Ready Room
As announced the game will go offline for a maintenance, tomorrow Tuesday 2022-11-29 at 6am ET (11:00 UTC). The downtime should last for approximately 60 minutes. A Voyage Revival token and some Chronitons will be sent out a few hours after the end of the downtime. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

1444546474850»

Comments

  • @cmdrworf Barclay and Neelix
  • pet people collection only showing 10 immortal when i have 13
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradski wrote: »
    @cmdrworf Barclay and Neelix

    Yikes, How did I miss him.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27
    New version published. Lots of changes from both myself and @mr_sparky

    "Added New Crew: Ensign Hoya, Captain Clark Terrell, Borg Queen Jurati, Ixtana'Rax, Barclay and Neelix, Wizard Pollux Spock, Croden, Princess Thalia and Runa
    Expanded Original Thinking from 180 to 260
    Expanded Costume Party from 120 to 140
    Expanded Healthy Discourse from 100 to 120
    Expanded Survival Training from 80 to 100
    Expanded Cultural Impact from 100 to 120
    Expanded Heh Cho'mruak tah from 80 to 100
    Expanded to Boldly Go from 80 to 100
    Expanded Valor in Combat from 60 to 80
    Expanded Live Long and Prosper from 60 to 80
    Expanded Life Among the Stars from 40 to 60
    Expanded Spit and Bailing Wire from 40 to 60
    Expanded Temporal Calamity from 40 to 60
    Expanded Great Compassion from 40 to 60
    Expanded Rules of Acquisition from 10 to 25
    Expanded The Neutral Zone fro 10 to 25
    Expanded the Contunuum from 10 to 20
    Expanded Timelines originals from 19 to 25"
    Added Clear Button to Boss Battles.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.

    Thanks. Tagging @mr_sparky on this one as he does the scripting for importing from the previous versions.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.

    Thanks. Tagging @mr_sparky on this one as he does the scripting for importing from the previous versions.

    Thanks. I'll take a look.
  • Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.

    @AdmiralMemo I doublechecked, and the upgrader doesn't affect the Starbase bonuses because that's done differently. Do you mind sharing your Sheet with me so I can try to figure out where the problem is? Please DM me the link.
  • Minor issue: When Upgrading from old versions, the upgrader no longer imports my Starbase bonuses (though it does import my "Apply Bonuses" button). It has been like this for the past couple of versions. It's annoying, but not TOO bad.

    Ok, the problem's fixed and will be out with the next release. Thanks for the report!
  • LT SmashLT Smash
    edited November 9
    Thank you for all the amazing work on this sheet, it is extremely helpful. I seem to have identified a small error in the way mission success chance is being calculated, probably not noticed by many since they have already completed them all. I noticed because Badgey was being recommended to keep to complete mission For the People which requires Changeling or Hologram and Command skill 515. Badgey has the hologram trait but Is DIP/ENG/SCI, therefore cannot complete this mission. I am by no means a google sheets expert but I believe the issue is that sheets seems to calculate *BLANK*>=Data!$D$20 as True so the answer seems to be to change the formula for the check columns CH,CO,CV... to value_if_false "0", instead of value_if_false blank. Not sure about other implications on changing this but it seems to fix the issue.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    LT Smash wrote: »
    Thank you for all the amazing work on this sheet, it is extremely helpful. I seem to have identified a small error in the way mission success chance is being calculated, probably not noticed by many since they have already completed them all. I noticed because Badgey was being recommended to keep to complete mission For the People which requires Changeling or Hologram and Command skill 515. Badgey has the hologram trait but Is DIP/ENG/SCI, therefore cannot complete this mission. I am by no means a google sheets expert but I believe the issue is that sheets seems to calculate *BLANK*>=Data!$D$20 as True so the answer seems to be to change the formula for the check columns CH,CO,CV... to value_if_false "0", instead of value_if_false blank. Not sure about other implications on changing this but it seems to fix the issue.

    Ugh, and the Blank vs 0 issue strikes again. We've made quite a few tweaks to the sheet and unfortunately this is one of the side effects of our improvements is that blank vs 0 has burned us in a few spots. I'm sure there are some more in this section and not just on this mission. I'll take a spin through all the missions as I'm sure quite a few of them may have the same issue. Thank you @LT Smash for reporting this. We'll get it fixed. I'm not sure if I'll have it fixed for this weeks release or if I'll need to roll it into next weeks. And in taking a quick look, I'm pretty sure your fix is close. I may need to condition for 0 or Blank. I'll need to look at the backend for those fields just to be determine if it could be both or if its always 0 now.

    Tagging @mr_sparky in case he has a chance to beat me to looking at it for us.

    I'm hoping to publish this weeks release either later today or tomorrow. It depends when the next event is announced and how much time I need to spend on my real job today.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • LT SmashLT Smash
    edited November 9
    I don't understand why sheets would think that nothing is greater than any number seems wrong to me! If it helps this is the change I made =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),"")}) to =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),0)}) in each of the skill check columns, I didn't change anything about the mission calculations. Thanks again!
  • LT Smash wrote: »
    I don't understand why sheets would think that nothing is greater than any number seems wrong to me! If it helps this is the change I made =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),"")}) to =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),0)}) in each of the skill check columns, I didn't change anything about the mission calculations. Thanks again!

    The "blank > some number" is a weird Google Sheets bug/feature.

    Do you mind doing a quick test?
    On Stats!GM4, can you replace:
    $CH5:$CH>=Data!$D$20
    with
    ($CH5:$CH*1)>=Data!$D$20

    ...and let us know if that gives you the correct results?

    If so, @cmdrworf , I can make the fixes later today.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    LT Smash wrote: »
    I don't understand why sheets would think that nothing is greater than any number seems wrong to me! If it helps this is the change I made =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),"")}) to =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),0)}) in each of the skill check columns, I didn't change anything about the mission calculations. Thanks again!

    The "blank > some number" is a weird Google Sheets bug/feature.

    Do you mind doing a quick test?
    On Stats!GM4, can you replace:
    $CH5:$CH>=Data!$D$20
    with
    ($CH5:$CH*1)>=Data!$D$20

    ...and let us know if that gives you the correct results?

    If so, @cmdrworf , I can make the fixes later today.

    @mr_sparky that would be great if you can. Tagging @LT Smash to see if he can try the fix.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    LT Smash wrote: »
    I don't understand why sheets would think that nothing is greater than any number seems wrong to me! If it helps this is the change I made =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),"")}) to =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),0)}) in each of the skill check columns, I didn't change anything about the mission calculations. Thanks again!

    The "blank > some number" is a weird Google Sheets bug/feature.

    Do you mind doing a quick test?
    On Stats!GM4, can you replace:
    $CH5:$CH>=Data!$D$20
    with
    ($CH5:$CH*1)>=Data!$D$20

    ...and let us know if that gives you the correct results?

    If so, @cmdrworf , I can make the fixes later today.

    @mr_sparky that would be great if you can. Tagging @LT Smash to see if he can try the fix.

    Tested and working.
    I believe this has the same effect as my proposed change as BLANK*1 seems to = 0. I also considered this as a solution. I understand why you'd go that way is probably safer and maybe helps computationally? IDK if blank is treated different to 0. For me fixing for myself it seemed more work to change every mission to ensure they are correct as they all seem to use the same logic. Many might be correct now and, I haven't come across any others that are broken, but new crew may change that.
  • LT Smash wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    LT Smash wrote: »
    I don't understand why sheets would think that nothing is greater than any number seems wrong to me! If it helps this is the change I made =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),"")}) to =arrayformula({"Check";if(len($AH5:$AH),CX5:CX+CY5:CY+((CZ5:CZ-CY5:CY)*(100%-Settings!$E$74)),0)}) in each of the skill check columns, I didn't change anything about the mission calculations. Thanks again!

    The "blank > some number" is a weird Google Sheets bug/feature.

    Do you mind doing a quick test?
    On Stats!GM4, can you replace:
    $CH5:$CH>=Data!$D$20
    with
    ($CH5:$CH*1)>=Data!$D$20

    ...and let us know if that gives you the correct results?

    If so, @cmdrworf , I can make the fixes later today.

    @mr_sparky that would be great if you can. Tagging @LT Smash to see if he can try the fix.

    Tested and working.
    I believe this has the same effect as my proposed change as BLANK*1 seems to = 0. I also considered this as a solution. I understand why you'd go that way is probably safer and maybe helps computationally? IDK if blank is treated different to 0. For me fixing for myself it seemed more work to change every mission to ensure they are correct as they all seem to use the same logic. Many might be correct now and, I haven't come across any others that are broken, but new crew may change that.

    Thanks. We identified a few other places with this same issue and the fix will be in the next release. Thanks for your help!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the long delay. Here's the latest update.

    "Added New Crew: Spock as T'Pring, Captain Sonya Gomez, Sela in Shadow, Melora Pazlar, Dread Pirate Q, Tallinn, Adult Rukiya, Chef Pike, Queen Neve, King Ridley
    Added ""Faster, Higher, Stronger"" collection. "
    "Fix issue with cadet recommendations
    Improve Boss battles performance."
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Thanks for your hard work, by the way, all of you.
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭
    edited November 24
    Hi,
    Since some versions (or amount of crew) I have strange behavior withe the sheet.
    I have some crew marked "Freeze" on the recommendation but if I freeze them and reload the sheet with the new data they are marked "Unfreeze".
    I tried with just one crew, changing anything else, and it happens again and again. Maybe not with all crew but at least 2 of my roster : Interfaced La Forge and Homesteeder Janeway.
    Freeze --> Unfreeze --> Freeze ...
    Not that important; when you got time.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Hi,
    Since some versions (or amount of crew) I have strange behavior withe the sheet.
    I have some crew marked "Freeze" on the recommendation but if I freeze them and reload the sheet with the new data they are marked "Unfreeze".
    I tried with just one crew, changing anything else, and it happens again and again. Maybe not with all crew but at least 2 of my roster : Interfaced La Forge and Homesteeder Janeway.
    Freeze --> Unfreeze --> Freeze ...
    Not that important; when you got time.

    Can you share your sheet with me?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • BradskiBradski ✭✭
    Queen Neve has no CAB Rating
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradski wrote: »
    Queen Neve has no CAB Rating

    Yep, she wasn't added to CAB when I published yet. Its all timing with that. I pull a copy of the CAB ratings when I publish and I get everyone that has been published at that time to load into DNA so every so often I release mine before CAB has them updated.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
Sign In or Register to comment.