Home The Bridge
Options

How long will it take to hit 10 hour voyages in all 30 skill combinations?

Comments

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This one was a long time in coming... ENG/DIP 26/30.

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

You should have let this one ride. You had a shot at 11 hours. But then again you had that milkies thing in a half hour

OMG HAHA. I just noticed the text notification on the screenshot. I was out for a walk with my 9 month old and my wife told me when she needed to be back to eat.

I did let it go past the 10 hours... I think I ended up around 10:30-10:40 or so.

You have your wife in your phone as her full name? Seems so formal. Mine is her pet name I have for her

We are very formal. Victorian-Era England formal. :smiley:

Ha! Vulcans. I knew it!! They are here!!!

Don't tell anyone.

They know in Carbon Creek

I'm not convinced Pennsylvania is a real place. I mean, it's a silly, made-up name.

hey hey I AM IN PENNSYLVANIA and it is pretty great, definitely better than places like iowa, will anybody famous ever come from there? :)

and congrats on knocking off more of those combos! I'm up to 22 of 30, and this weekend's old janeway should be able to help with at least a couple more...

Nicely done!

I'm still not convinced Pennsylvania is a real place. I mean, Scranton is featured on The Office, which is a fictional show, so that tells me all I need to know.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

You should have let this one ride. You had a shot at 11 hours. But then again you had that milkies thing in a half hour

OMG HAHA. I just noticed the text notification on the screenshot. I was out for a walk with my 9 month old and my wife told me when she needed to be back to eat.

I did let it go past the 10 hours... I think I ended up around 10:30-10:40 or so.

You have your wife in your phone as her full name? Seems so formal. Mine is her pet name I have for her

Don't tell anyone.

I'm not convinced Pennsylvania is a real place. I mean, it's a silly, made-up name.

hey hey I AM IN PENNSYLVANIA and it is pretty great, definitely better than places like iowa, will anybody famous ever come from there? :)

and congrats on knocking off more of those combos! I'm up to 22 of 30, and this weekend's old janeway should be able to help with at least a couple more...

I’ll be honest, other than Slipknot and Kirk I had a tough time thinking of famous Iowans. The list on Wikipedia provided some pleasant surprises, however:

Tom Arnold
    Norman Borlaug
    Johnny Carson
    Terry Farrell
    Herbert Hoover
    Ashton Kutcher
    Kate Mulgrew
    John Wayne
  • Options

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

Don't tell anyone.

I’ll be honest, other than Slipknot and Kirk I had a tough time thinking of famous Iowans. The list on Wikipedia provided some pleasant surprises, however:

Tom Arnold
    Norman Borlaug
    Johnny Carson
    Terry Farrell
    Herbert Hoover
    Ashton Kutcher
    Kate Mulgrew
    John Wayne

Isn't Herbert Hoover more of an infamous Iowan?
  • Options

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

Don't tell anyone.

Tom Arnold
    Norman Borlaug
    Johnny Carson
    Terry Farrell
    Herbert Hoover
    Ashton Kutcher
    Kate Mulgrew
    John Wayne

A lot of people take issue with his domestic policies, yeah. Still, quite notable and surprising given all the corn-related things that go on over there.
  • Options

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

Don't tell anyone.

Tom Arnold
    Norman Borlaug
    Johnny Carson
    Terry Farrell
    Herbert Hoover
    Ashton Kutcher
    Kate Mulgrew
    John Wayne

A lot of people take issue with his domestic policies, yeah. Still, quite notable and surprising given all the corn-related things that go on over there.

Seems like him and James Buchanan are two peas in a pod.

"Uh oh, really big problem! Well, I'm leaving soon soooo it's a problem for the next guy."
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Uh oh, really big problem! Well, I'm leaving soon soooo it's a problem for the next guy."

and which state was Buchanan from? :)
  • Options

and which state was Buchanan from? :)

Not a real state, certainly.
  • Options
    SCI/CMD 27/30

lxssi4zo7tud.png

Down to DIP/ENG, ENG/SEC and MED/SCI, and I have a DIP/ENG out now that was estimated to go over 10 hours.
  • Options
    ENG/SEC 28/30

h2z9xlms3ucx.png
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

Don't tell anyone.

I went there about 6 months ago for work. I can say it exists but not much else

You went somewhere that people SAID was Pennsylvania.

I think Banjo was really in Transylvania.

8oagoedgauns.jpeg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

Don't tell anyone.

Nicely done!

I'm still not convinced Pennsylvania is a real place. I mean, Scranton is featured on The Office, which is a fictional show, so that tells me all I need to know.

It’s so funny you say that because I ate at Alfredo’s when I was in Scranton and got a picture for my good buddy @Bylo Band as he is a huge fan of The Office. Apparently this is where they went to eat frequently on the show

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Stranded Quark!

e0tfcxl95w90.png

Don't tell anyone.

Nicely done!

It’s so funny you say that because I ate at Alfredo’s when I was in Scranton and got a picture for my good buddy @Bylo Band as he is a huge fan of The Office. Apparently this is where they went to eat frequently on the show

Alfredo's Pizza Cafe, or Pizza by Alfredo?!

;)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know but when I sent you the picture you said that was the place. I’m guessing pizza since they had plaques On the wall saying they were the best pizza in Scranton for the last 14 years
  • Options
    Which one is like eating a hot circle of garbage?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which one is like eating a hot circle of garbage?

I’m not sure. I got the fettuccine Alfredo and it was PHENOMENAL!!

• Options
    MED/SCI 29/30

wpjic98b06nh.png
  • Options
    My first time crossing the 10h mark on a MED/ENG voyage. :)

ldhvas55vk85.jpg
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you can really see the RNG at play in these screen shots.

I am not sure about the rest of you, but I have only had maybe 2 Voyages in the last 30+ that are worthy of talking about, and those just barely. It seems like Voyages have it out for me lately in random strange skill+trait combos. Like if I get SEC as primary, there is inevitably a trait like Diplomat, or Astrophysicist. Or MED with Borg, etc...

I would find it interesting to see if the traits are truly randomly programmed, or if there is a small database they select from for each skill? This seems to hinder my Voyages most, as the crazy combos hinder me from getting max AM, or even 2900 with decent skill #s.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Wow, you can really see the RNG at play in these screen shots.

I am not sure about the rest of you, but I have only had maybe 2 Voyages in the last 30+ that are worthy of talking about, and those just barely. It seems like Voyages have it out for me lately in random strange skill+trait combos. Like if I get SEC as primary, there is inevitably a trait like Diplomat, or Astrophysicist. Or MED with Borg, etc...

I would find it interesting to see if the traits are truly randomly programmed, or if there is a small database they select from for each skill? This seems to hinder my Voyages most, as the crazy combos hinder me from getting max AM, or even 2900 with decent skill #s.

I have operated under the assumption that each skill has a set pool of traits to choose from. It’s why we never see Physician in a COM slot or Bajoran in a MED slot. If there were some kind of fuzzy logic that populated traits based on all crew in the game matching a trait to a skill, we should indeed see Physician in COM slots thanks to Pollard, Mycelial Culber, Dr. Crusher, or Rev Phlox.

I have less faith in claiming that slot pairs for each skill are in the database rather than a straight-up list of traits, though the number of times I’ve seen MED slots with Federation in the left one and Starfleet in the right (many times) versus the other way around (none come to mind) makes me wonder if this is bad memory on my part or if it’s actually designed that way.
  • Options
    I finally made it to 10 hours on a CMD-MED voyage today, which means that I cleared all 30 combinations! :smiley:
    For some reason all CMD-MED voyages I get always have Maquis as a trait, but this time I had lots of crew with a trait bonus, so I started at 2700 AM.

All CMD, DIP and ENG combinations:
    9zbll6qzsiku.jpg
    t6eq100ubbt9.jpg
    9fy8ne9y7wf8.jpg
    947iyiiwt6w3.jpg
    a9pi0bmab307.jpg

qb9ho8g6y9hq.jpg
    c60eqv5zcxwz.jpg
    zc0xhvagofd8.jpg
    rp8qlkkxs26j.jpg
    f8qgzarh2bik.jpg

j1974ajbuptx.jpg
    xn94d1yu9h9p.jpg
    bwedxcprk79z.jpg
    ymyu03696s1d.jpg
    hen4h1rxsq4o.jpg

In case someone is checking this thread to see what the average minimum requirements are, I didn't really take screenshots of most of the easier skill combinations the first time I reached 10 hours, but the ones for MED/ENG-ENG/MED, SEC/ENG-ENG/SEC or CMD/MED-MED/CMD are probably close to the minimum you need to reach 10 hours. I also think that I had a full or partial ship bonus on all of them, except for CMD-MED.
  • Options
    And all MED, SCI and SEC combinations:
    07b776vz2a9y.jpg
    z6zo8c5c6dj5.jpg
    ab7ol8gbn4i7.jpg
    kxc1is7dnhyt.jpg
    7qb8aag0y8pz.jpg

g6niv2or446d.jpg
    obaltogvbdjc.jpg
    ag7famaqlmte.jpg
    4gcdq9j507n3.jpg
    y7rvwmd4uxap.jpg

wprxggfwr9ef.jpg
    2k4oqy70ztgd.jpg
    8t8wvg6snmu3.jpg
    ek7rzi1sbt25.jpg
    sugtgoqjs9e7.jpg

• Options
    Woo i finally got ENG-MED to cross 10 hours today :)
    Screenshot-20200709-101502-Star-Trek.jpg

That was combo #26 of mine to get to 10+, is anybody else still trying to hit all 30?
  • Options
    Nicely done!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me 142 Voyages to hit all 10 combos. SCI/ENG being the last.
  • Options
    I'm still plugging away at this, but I have a long way to go. I'm currently at 20/30
    rokps05hyahu.jpg
  • Options
    I'm still plugging away at this, but I have a long way to go. I'm currently at 20/30
    rokps05hyahu.jpg

Keep at it, sounds like your copy of janet medic reno could use some cites!
  • Options
    I'm working on Activated Dahj at the moment. Reno or Van Gogh is up next. All 3 are at 2/5.
  • Options
    Can someone give me a rough idea what sort of numbers you should be looking at to reach 10 hours? I always recall after 8 hours as i am too lazy to keep a check on the antimatter status haha
    But it would be nice to reach 10 hours every now and again

Thanks.👍
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone give me a rough idea what sort of numbers you should be looking at to reach 10 hours? I always recall after 8 hours as i am too lazy to keep a check on the antimatter status haha
    But it would be nice to reach 10 hours every now and again

Thanks.👍

Scroll up ... @[NDQ] Jenos Idanian has provided 30 examples of voyages to hit 10 hrs and the numbers that go with that ... as has @Emperor Borg Drone and others, including the required starting AM.