Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• Options
    Like everyone else here, I want to ask your thoughts regarding the card art switch...of Blood Oath Jadzia Dax! Wil you hold Ben's feet to the fire about this? Where's my compensation?! Surely you have some opinions about there being no blood even in the artwork, much less any discernable oath being taken.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like everyone else here, I want to ask your thoughts regarding the card art switch...of Blood Oath Jadzia Dax! Wil you hold Ben's feet to the fire about this? Where's my compensation?! Surely you have some opinions about there being no blood even in the artwork, much less any discernable oath being taken.

Actually thats not a horrible point. They have “updated” the art on tomalak and blood oath jadzia, without consent. Might be worth asking if they should be more cautious about potentially changing the art of someones favorite card to something they dont like anymore.

Once again, i bring up dark empath troi. As i now finally own a copy, i absolutely will be extremely upset if they decide to “update” the art without a minimum of a player choice vote. (But i would prefer them to leave the art alone)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I did prefer the original art because it was unique.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually thats not a horrible point. They have “updated” the art on tomalak and blood oath jadzia, without consent. Might be worth asking if they should be more cautious about potentially changing the art of someones favorite card to something they dont like anymore.

Once again, i bring up dark empath troi. As i now finally own a copy, i absolutely will be extremely upset if they decide to “update” the art without a minimum of a player choice vote. (But i would prefer them to leave the art alone)

These maybe aren’t the best analogies to make, however. Blood Oath Jadzia’s art was pretty universally reviled and Tomalak’s art, while not strictly “bad” per se, was not well-liked and was vastly improved upon by the replacement. Likewise, their art wasn’t changed before they were even made available, it came years later.

That being said, I will join you in picking up some torches ‘n’ pitchforks if Dark Empath Troi ever had an art change...she is currently at the top of my wish list, mostly for the art and only a little bit for her skills.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

These maybe aren’t the best analogies to make, however. Blood Oath Jadzia’s art was pretty universally reviled and Tomalak’s art, while not strictly “bad” per se, was not well-liked and was vastly improved upon by the replacement. Likewise, their art wasn’t changed before they were even made available, it came years later.

That being said, I will join you in picking up some torches ‘n’ pitchforks if Dark Empath Troi ever had an art change...she is currently at the top of my wish list, mostly for the art and only a little bit for her skills.

The Racquetball Bashir artwork is pretty awful. Will people lost their minds if that artwork is changed?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The Racquetball Bashir artwork is pretty awful. Will people lost their minds if that artwork is changed?

Nope. :)
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder, you have until end of day (UK Time) tomorrow to get those questions in. When I wake up Thursday they shall be submitted so if you have any pressing questions, now is your chance (until next time anyway...)
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDfkxCF8BlU - This weeks Timelines Talks for those that missed it.

Just a note: Submissions for WRG_Ben's interview tomorrow are closed!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    f706o2wxvcr4.png

So ... that's it ... ready for the next Honor Pact when/if Honor sales roll around (Ben?) ... some background on the history of the card as a part of my crew:

- The third 5* I FEd (Degra #1 (now immortal - and frozen), CD Quark #2 (1/5))

- My #9 ENG base right behind her counterpart RAF O'Brien at #8. (1095 --> 1270)
    - My #10 SEC base amongst active crew, two frozen Klingons would come above her in the rankings. (1021 --> 1184)
    I don't expect these to last much, they were solid back in the day, now average at best.

- Yar is amongst a handful of CMD/SEC/ENG crew immortalised, but the first SEC/ENG/CMD ... her SEC voyage score is her main skill over ENG, but bases are flipped.
    I do expect her to make future voyages once in a while, especially during event weekends, as her score is not bad and well balanced, and she has good traits.

- She is my 10th Timelines' Originals crew immortalised, one off the next tier.

- Kinda funny she has event bonus next weekend (for a Faction event none-the-less), but don't expect her to be of much use in events going forward ... although the Cultural Figure trait addition greatly reduces her effectiveness. :(

Anyway, it was fun, one of the few things keeping me going, so I hope the next one comes around soon.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    f706o2wxvcr4.png

- Kinda funny she has event bonus next weekend (for a Faction event none-the-less), but don't expect her to be of much use in events going forward ... although the Cultural Figure trait addition greatly reduces her effectiveness. :(

Anyway, it was fun, one of the few things keeping me going, so I hope the next one comes around soon.

Right on, I hope you get warm fuzzies when you get to use her :) Fun fact; only one character in the game has 6+ events and a 100% Faction rate - Tasha is 7 for 7!

Other 100% Faction (or Faction hybrid) names:
    Martok, Mayweather, Saru (5)
    Lore (4)
    Lwaxana, Ro Laren, Winn Adami (3)
  • Options

Right on, I hope you get warm fuzzies when you get to use her :) Fun fact; only one character in the game has 6+ events and a 100% Faction rate - Tasha is 7 for 7!

Up to date through this weekend's event?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No honor sale this month
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    No honor sale this month

Well that stinks. Are we getting anything good coming up?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    That **tsk tsk** will backfire upon tp
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayweather is the 1000th crew. :dizzy:
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

Have the devs ever watched a single episode of any ST franchise?
  • Options
    If Mayweather had been picked in the NFL draft he would have been Mr Irrelevant
  • Options

Is this a joke :dizzy:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Have the devs ever watched a single episode of any ST franchise?

No...they watch reruns of Gilmore Girls.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What he said was they have a limited option of crew based on their crew release schedule. They can shift crew around a bit, but they can't pick any crew they want. So Mayweather was likely the best option between crew ~990 and 1020.
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    tumblr_n2rros1Kqe1s3vqw5o4_250.gifv

Is this the card art? Cos I'll buy <3<3<3
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    Spock-OSpock-O ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    What he said was they have a limited option of crew based on their crew release schedule. They can shift crew around a bit, but they can't pick any crew they want. So Mayweather was likely the best option between crew ~990 and 1020.

That just means piss poor planning. Its not like they woke up yesterday and said OMG, its almost time to release crew 1,000. They had, well, 999 other times to get to ready for this. DEAR TP: Please start planning for number 1500 now, oh wait, no need, game wont last that long.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    tumblr_n2rros1Kqe1s3vqw5o4_250.gifv

Sold.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, it's not that big a deal. I just find it mildly amusing - Mayweather getting the brief limelight which he never received in the show.

Of more interest was the indication that the goal is to have new/updated collections every month.
  • Options
    I think I speak for most of us when I say it would be certainly appreciated if someone could do a summary of the talk. :smiley:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Is this a joke :dizzy:

Personally I say who cares. 1000th crew is no different to me then the 999th crew to me. I don't see why people care about these "milestones" so much.

We got a free copy of number 500, so i’m guessing and hoping we might get the same with 1000🖖

Captain Level 99

• Options
    I think I speak for most of us when I say it would be certainly appreciated if someone could do a summary of the talk. :smiley:

+1