Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Runaway Bride - 05/21

Comments

• Apollo, All games with a PvP element, and events are a PvP competition, have complaints from new players not being able to compete with established players. the other game I play has split the players into groups based on Power, TP, could easily do that based on the number of maxed gold crew someone has or some other method, by splitting into groups the newer players compete with each other. But then they complain when the break the power cap for the low group they were dominating, and now they can't compete with those who have been playing much longer then they have, So the complaints still happen, but I think that communicating that events are being split by immortalized crew and what the split/splits are would go a long way to help. I hope I didn't ramble to much.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a lot of complaints about Faction Events and a call for additions to the Starbases. Maybe we could do both in one go.
    *Hanger Deck- Adds a Shuttle the same way we get replicator uses
    *Shuttle Bay- This could be a reduction of times or increase to success. I would say time reduction when paired with the idea below.
    * A 1-2% increase in success rate based on your popularity level with a faction, Honored giving full bonus.

Would these make people happy? My mother always says everyone complains, but they never try to fix it. We complain, but let's also try to fix it. They listen. If we have clear, workable ideas, we might get them.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apollo, All games with a PvP element, and events are a PvP competition, have complaints from new players not being able to compete with established players. the other game I play has split the players into groups based on Power, TP, could easily do that based on the number of maxed gold crew someone has or some other method, by splitting into groups the newer players compete with each other. But then they complain when the break the power cap for the low group they were dominating, and now they can't compete with those who have been playing much longer then they have, So the complaints still happen, but I think that communicating that events are being split by immortalized crew and what the split/splits are would go a long way to help. I hope I didn't ramble to much.

They could try that but it would be difficult and punish players that try to immortalize legendary crew. But yes there are many different things they could try and get the players to vote on options. Somehow they need a way to accelerate progress for low people to make them mid lvl and mid lvl to high lvl.
    Let’s fly!
  • Apollo, If the people with X number of immortalized Legendary crew competed against each other that would allow those without that to compete and get to the point the can compete, to an extent with the "heavy Hitters" I am in that "heavy hitter" group, but don't have time to get into the top 1500 for skirmish, maybe this upgrade will help. for galaxy I am usually about 1000 now and factions top 500 or better.
    I lost 400 spots from Sunday night until event end, just didn't want to keep going, and had other things going on.
    Apollo, If the people with X number of immortalized Legendary crew competed against each other that would allow those without that to compete and get to the point the can compete, to an extent with the "heavy Hitters" I am in that "heavy hitter" group, but don't have time to get into the top 1500 for skirmish, maybe this upgrade will help. for galaxy I am usually about 1000 now and factions top 500 or better.
    I lost 400 spots from Sunday night until event end, just didn't want to keep going, and had other things going on.

Well to expand on my answer. If having a certain number of immortalized crew put you in a tougher tier that did not also pay out more rewards you would see whales quickly create new accounts that would have 1 less than the immortalized amount for higher threshold and a ton of 4/5’s and they would crush the lower tier.
    Let’s fly!
    What about simply basing it on Captain level? It's xp based and you could gradually move through classes as you levelled.
    Break it into five classes of 20 levels or figure the median class with two upper and lower outliers. The math would be easy to code. The formula is in any stats books. Class brackets might change via incoming or outgoing players, but there are enough ACTIVE players to stabilize it. (You could even mark them with that same 5 star and color system as crew. A new basic player with low crew is a grey 1* class player.)
    Immortalized crew and playing events would give some advantage, but it would also give xp and bump you through the classes. You couldn't dominate a class for long. The upper classes would be a bear and might need tighter level brackets, but it would also require more strategy than simply luck and good crew, which is fair.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate expeditions but I know some people love them. TP can have them I will just skip them. I like the changes TP has done to expeditions that has made them better. Would be good if TP could do something to address people’s complaints about faction events. Maybe making it so everyone could have four shuttles and adding community rewards. TP could even sell the extra shuttles at a discount or have an achievement in game that unlocks them or something. I know people who have already bought those shuttles would complain but there does need to be some way to give newer players a fighting chance. I know for me I have gotten a lot of use out of my bought shuttles over the years and would not mind others getting them now for free or reduced price.

Between achievements, campaigns, event rewards, and the mini event there have been plenty of ways for players to earn enough Dil for their 3rd and 4th shuttle.

A brand new f2p player will have to work hard to get it, but that's expected. The main barrier to entry in faction events is the number of bonus crew you need. Especially with extra shuttle tokens and these large event pools. If WRG wants to level the playing field a bit, the easiest way to do it would be to reduce the number of bonus crew. Then having 30+ crew to use on 10 shuttles won't be an advantage.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I hate expeditions but I know some people love them. TP can have them I will just skip them. I like the changes TP has done to expeditions that has made them better. Would be good if TP could do something to address people’s complaints about faction events. Maybe making it so everyone could have four shuttles and adding community rewards. TP could even sell the extra shuttles at a discount or have an achievement in game that unlocks them or something. I know people who have already bought those shuttles would complain but there does need to be some way to give newer players a fighting chance. I know for me I have gotten a lot of use out of my bought shuttles over the years and would not mind others getting them now for free or reduced price.

Between achievements, campaigns, event rewards, and the mini event there have been plenty of ways for players to earn enough Dil for their 3rd and 4th shuttle.

A brand new f2p player will have to work hard to get it, but that's expected. The main barrier to entry in faction events is the number of bonus crew you need. Especially with extra shuttle tokens and these large event pools. If WRG wants to level the playing field a bit, the easiest way to do it would be to reduce the number of bonus crew. Then having 30+ crew to use on 10 shuttles won't be an advantage.

I disagree. Fewer event crew would seem to favor long-time players, as their non-event crew roster would be much stronger and deeper across all six skills than new players. At least with more secondary event crew options, newer players have a better chance to at least clear thresholds, where the 4*/5* equipment and the 10x premium pack hold significant value. Let's face it, a relatively new player won't be competitive for ranking in a faction event for quite awhile, regardless.
  • Clearly not everyone is violently opposed to Expedition... Take note TP.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Determined?

Paris_Fights_For_B%27Elanna.jpg

I think we have a winner! Sec/Com/Dip (the skills are right, I'm guessing the order).

Sec/Com/Med would have been such a great skill combo, it's a shame to see yet another opportunity missed like this.

SEC DIP CMD - and is in a similar league to Niners Ezri a tough one to say no to.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • NCeNCe ✭✭
    Seriously? The event reward is a two skill crew? Why would I even bother trying to get to the third copy, let alone spend honour on a citation? Same with the campaign this month, really underwhelming for someone who relies on event and campaign crew to improve their roster.
    Determined Paris (New): Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 497 (86-266), DIP 991 (145-308), SEC 1319 (190-421)
    Traits: Romantic, Human, Costumed. Federation, Starfleet, Diplomat, Maverick

Voyage score over 3500 and some awesome rare trait combo like Diplomat, Maverick, Romantic, and Costumed. Something that no bride should run away from.

mlp1bbl8bd9z.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    With bonuses, how does he compare with Ezri?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    6kq745735zkl.jpeg

I just noticed that the center character is not in the foreground. That's uncommon. In fact, I don't know if it's ever been done before.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Umm...why is “Determined Paris” actually Klingon dress-up Paris? I seriously don’t remember any time where he wore this. Also, come on DB/TP/Whatever, we’ve talked about this before; consistency. When we all see Determined Janeway and Determined Chakotay and they’re from the YoH episodes, well, we kinda expect that Determined Paris will also be from the YoH episodes.

Now, yes, I know that Krenim Guest Paris is technically from those episodes but as you’ll surely recall, Chakotay was also a guest of the Krenim in that two-parter but we still got Determined Chakotay because he, like Paris, spent most of the first part on Voyager and not with the Krenim. My point being that we expect to eventually get the crew Krenim Guest Chakotay, so why is our Determined Paris apparently not from Year of Hell?

Granted, I could have missed something here. Maybe there was another time when this description really fits and Paris is in Klingon gear. Maybe there’s some part of the first YoH episode where he’s dressed like that I and just plum forgot? I don’t know. Anyone?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season 7 episode 14
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going camping this weekend, first time out of the house in 3 months, so I'm glad it's Faction so I don't have to sit and button mash for hours on end.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    With bonuses, how does he compare with Ezri?

Here's what I make it with Full Bonuses/Max Potential

12de0k89khwd.png

Koloth is better but if I recall he was pack only and a fairly new addition to the portal so not many may have him
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry „only“ raw numbers here, but maybe it helps. ;)

If you already have Koloth and Dax 5/5, there‘s no need for him, well maybe because of his traits(not reason enough for me but 🤗).
    1j9yn9lq3es6.jpeg

I've now warmed up to him! Diplomat is a killer Collection again, and Paris does get a lot of Factiony events. Having him as a Voyage mainstay is definitely nice to have, even if the effect is diluted somewhat by the skills (but at least Sec/Dip/Com is better than Sec/Com/Dip!). With those numbers, Sec/Com/Med would have been truly excellent - but still, I'm hoping next week is a Skirmish so I can spend 650 dil and cross my fingers for another Klaris (that's what we're calling Klingon Paris, don't fight it).
  • Season 7 episode 14

That’s “The Void”. Are you sure you don’t mean the episode before that? Season 7, episode 13, “Prophecy”. The one where the Klingon generation ship runs into Voyager and believe that Paris and Torres’s daughter will be part of a prophecy. I’m sure that would be a good episode for that to have happened but I honestly don’t recall him doing the dress-up in it. Even still, why is he called Determined, since it has already been established that that title is for Year of Hell? There are many other adjectives that could have been used, or better yet, Prophecy Paris, if he is indeed from that episode.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    Season 7 episode 14

That’s “The Void”. Are you sure you don’t mean the episode before that? Season 7, episode 13, “Prophecy”. The one where the Klingon generation ship runs into Voyager and believe that Paris and Torres’s daughter will be part of a prophecy. I’m sure that would be a good episode for that to have happened but I honestly don’t recall him doing the dress-up in it. Even still, why is he called Determined, since it has already been established that that title is for Year of Hell? There are many other adjectives that could have been used, or better yet, Prophecy Paris, if he is indeed from that episode.

According to all of my web searching, Voyager, Season 7, Episode 14 is indeed "Prophecy."

Also, other than Janeway, I do not see any established precedent that "Determined" crew are versions from those "Year of Hell" episodes - Chakotay was actually named Resolute Chakotay...
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Season 7 episode 14

According to all of my web searching, Voyager, Season 7, Episode 14 is indeed "Prophecy."

Also, other than Janeway, I do not see any established precedent that "Determined" crew are versions from those "Year of Hell" episodes - Chakotay was actually named Resolute Chakotay...

Good point about Janeway being the only other Determined. He should still have been called Klingon Paris, though, following the precedents of Klingon Wedding Jadzia and Klingon Quark. Klingon Husband Paris or Klingon Father Paris would be sufficient. Hell, Determined Klingon Paris would be fine.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Season 7 episode 14

0kwl4ckeys8o.jpg
    hcrt4f053238.jpg
    b863m6du2rca.jpg
    87eucdt6jwq2.jpg
    Indeed, Paris has to duel a Klingon warrior, leading to the second best line of the episode. B'Elanna shoves the bat'leth into hands and says "Today is NOT a good day to die." He then goes out to fight and wins!
    Best line is the trash talk during the duel itself.
    "I see fear in your eyes, human. "
    "The only Klingon I fear is my wife after she's pulled a double shift."