Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Runaway Bride - 05/21

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don't understand all the whining and moaning about all the Faction missions. I like them. No pressure. They don't demand your time. Good.

But ur boosts and tokens if u wanna rank Top 1.500. :p
    Sure if u just run ur like 12 x 3h missions a day and don t care about rank
    it‘s easy. ;)

And btw. galaxies provide community rewards, factions don t, but i guess you don t care as well? 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Third event in a row that I'll be phoning in.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My guess on Determined Paris would be the waterworld Paris.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer faction over Galaxy myself. See more value in skirmishes now adays
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I prefer faction over Galaxy myself. See more value in skirmishes now adays

I keep confusing you with that other Sisko. My bad. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    best news ... phlox behold for us all on Monday ... Defensive Phlox has the Romantic trait (though his base stats kind are blech), still a nice symbolic pick maybe. :)

I think you might have misunderstood the MOTD?
    There is currently a special pack in the Time Portal - it is not a free behold for everyone.

No Shan, I think the MOTD was unclear. I was also expecting a Phlox when I read it.

When it is a gift it is clearly stipulated as such :)
    But I have now updated the MOTD to include the price.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    best news ... phlox behold for us all on Monday ... Defensive Phlox has the Romantic trait (though his base stats kind are blech), still a nice symbolic pick maybe. :)

I think you might have misunderstood the MOTD?
    There is currently a special pack in the Time Portal - it is not a free behold for everyone.

No Shan, I think the MOTD was unclear. I was also expecting a Phlox when I read it.

Wait. Unlike all the previous "celebration" stuff in the Portal, the Phlox BeGold is NOT free?!?!?

Sad to learn this way that the doomsayers who kept worrying that TP was going to monetize a freemium Facebook game into Pay to Play were right.

1,000,000 times boo at TP!!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    I don't understand all the whining and moaning about all the Faction missions. I like them. No pressure. They don't demand your time. Good.

Of course, it is absolutely your prerogative to like or dislike certain types of events, but I disagree a bit with this statement about "no pressure" and "don't demand your time"...

Whether you choose to rank or not, Faction events require regularly scheduled game attention every 3 hours (or less) to accumulate VP while other events like Galaxy and Skirmish can be played on your own schedule. I could easily see that being obligated to play (even for just a few minutes) every 3 hours would feel like pressure while cramming all of your play time in a short window and freeing up the rest of your day/weekend would feel less stressful. Personally, I even think the demands on your time for Faction events are sneakily more than one would think...

This. And it's really the having to get up every 3 hours or less during the night in order to stay competitive that makes me dislike them the most. Every time I don't, I lose hundreds of spots overnight. The 2X boosts help mitigate that some, but you still gotta get up at least once to send out shuttles.
  • The birthday packs were never free. This is no different. Just calling it a portal and all 5*s and not 4*/5* mix. Had they called it a birthday pack, would some people be as upset?
    I'm just wondering why there wasn't one for Kate Mulgrew last month... Unless we are getting something nice in the Janeway dept. next month. I will totally take that trade. If she is the reoccurring, can we maybe get an extra copy in rewards somewhere as a nod to the missed birthday? Voyager was also 25 in January and we didn't see anything marking that either.

I'm also a bit disappointed that this wasn't done on April 29 :sweat_smile: They could at least have made a Janeway Tuesday pack on the 28 :(
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. And it's really the having to get up every 3 hours or less during the night in order to stay competitive that makes me dislike them the most. Every time I don't, I lose hundreds of spots overnight. The 2X boosts help mitigate that some, but you still gotta get up at least once to send out shuttles.

Obviously the "getting up in the middle of the night for shuttles" thing is an experience for many players, so I don't discount the truth of it. But... I don't do this. Never did, never will. Just send out 9hr shuttles and sleep. I have no difficulty ranking in the 500-ish range (though to do so requires some boosting and such during the waking hours, and perhaps a bit more attention to my phone than my employer would prefer to know about). It could be that you aren't sending out enough rental shuttles as well as the "free" shuttles to keep up with the Joneses. If I'm actually trying for the aforementioned rank range, I send out 8 shuttles overnight, every night. Sometimes that 8th one is pretty weak (by my current game standards), but even if it fails, it's 1600 vp.

I will also say this... I arrange my shuttle boosting carefully during the day so that I am sending the 9hr shuttles between 9-10pm each night. Since I usually get up in the 6-7am range, this means I have little-to-no downtime between shuttle waves due to sleep.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The birthday packs were never free. This is no different. Just calling it a portal and all 5*s and not 4*/5* mix. Had they called it a birthday pack, would some people be as upset?
    I'm just wondering why there wasn't one for Kate Mulgrew last month... Unless we are getting something nice in the Janeway dept. next month. I will totally take that trade. If she is the reoccurring, can we maybe get an extra copy in rewards somewhere as a nod to the missed birthday? Voyager was also 25 in January and we didn't see anything marking that either.

Then I stand corrected. I gave multiple examples in the thread about the offer of stuff that has been free. I suppose 1500 Dilithium for a guarantee if the one Phlox I do not have is good, for a Legendary. Especially compared to the 15,000 Dilithium in a Faction Store.

For those wanting to discuss this other topic there is a thread on it:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16142/phlox-behold-for-1-500-dilithium#latest

Again my apologies for being wrong, and for one last off topic post to make that apology.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you thinking of thawing Mirror Keiko? I took a look and decided against it. Here's a list of Romantic crew who beat her CMD/SCI combo:
    5/5 Minuet
    5/5 Evolved Janeway
    1/5 Returning Craft
    4/4 DF Kim (if you can get threshold this week)
    4/4 Tieran Possessed Kes
    4/4 Miss Q
    4/4 Sarina Douglas

There's more, but they're less common legendaries or SR's that aren't in the portal, I think.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you thinking of thawing Mirror Keiko? I took a look and decided against it. Here's a list of Romantic crew who beat her CMD/SCI combo:
    5/5 Minuet
    5/5 Evolved Janeway
    1/5 Returning Craft
    4/4 Tieran Possessed Kes
    4/4 Miss Q
    4/4 Sarina Douglas

There's more, but they're less common legendaries or SR's that aren't in the portal, I think.

4* Sarina sticks out for her skills combo. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I'm struggling to recall an episode that he was determined about anything to be honest.

Haha - I just remember, that also B'elana Torres proposed her live to Tom Paris, and not as expected from a gentleman by Tom :wink:

But hey - certain situations don't require normal rules ... maybe, just maybe it is a "Romantic Spacesuit Paris"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bIML6aGuFUQ?start=80
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  •  Riley Riley ✭✭✭
    5/5 Minuet
    5/5 Evolved Janeway
    1/5 Returning Craft
    4/4 Tieran Possessed Kes
    4/4 Miss Q
    4/4 Sarina Douglas

4* Sarina sticks out for her skills combo. 🖖

Sarina Douglas is a great character and a great crew, but I still don't think she should have the romantic trait. In the episodes the romance was all Bashir and it was unrequited. In fact, Julian's advances caused her to go catatonic!

Give her prodigy and musician instead (after the event is over :))
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess determined Paris could be the episode where he got reduced in Rank and put in the brig maybe?

Nope. ;) I mean yes, it could, but it isn t.

I'm struggling to recall an episode that he was determined about anything to be honest.

When he has single handedly rescue Voyager from Kazons?

When he has created a Delta Flyer?

When he has created numerous holoprograms?

When he was working on that alien self-aware shuttle?

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking it is the Paris that either was trying to get out of the prison ship with Harry, but more likely to go with the theme, he is from Future's End where he is helping Rain Robinson. (Determined to get the Time Ship away from Starling.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

- They're pay to win. Like the rest of the game yes but they're several magnitude above other events since they're completely disconnected from the rest of the game's economy.
    - They require a lot of attention, every 1h30 or 3h, for 4 days. It **tsk tsk** to have to live on the game's schedule for so long. You can get rid off the need to care for other event types in an evening if you're slightly focused. Finding an excuse to go to the toilets every hour or so during a diner with friends to do menial tasks on a mobile game gets old fast.
    - Factions have the lowest rewards: no community rewards, no honour or chronitons, the thresholds are dry compared to galaxy or hybrids, even though it is the most time intensive and the least compatible with social life event type.
    - Last but not least, they're extremely punishing for new players and it takes a year or more to set up your account for these so spamming them is probably one of the many reasons the game has lost so many players.

I disagree with factions being the least rewarding. Expedition is, followed by galaxy, imo. Faction events have helped me stockpile faction items over my couple years. Very convenient. Galaxy is a total drain on skirmish resources. ;) Granted, I have a small stash of SR citations, so I understand that Ren~ and others will have differing views. I just felt like the world needed my 2¢, lol.

The point about the social life is another debatable point since factions just take a couple minutes instead of huge chunks of time, but I tend to come down on Ren's side since I have those chunks of time available most mornings.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I will say that factions provide lots of extra items, and only take a short amount of time each time you log in , and you can do a nine hour doubled Also I like galaxies, any time I need something for a build I run a warp 10 mission, The only problem I have with either galaxy or expedition is the time needed. and Expeditions are useless, all you can get is points for the event.
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Another faction, are you kidding me? Geez. Full Galaxy is overdue.
    So out of the last 6 events, we will have 3 full factions and 2 part faction events.
    6p00ylrdf836.jpeg

Don't be negative. tsk tsk .

Lets make it all Faction all the Time!! :o
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading everbody's posts on determined Paris possibilities, I am starting to think undetermined Paris would be more unique😉🙂