Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Runaway Bride - 05/21

Comments

• Determined?

Paris_Fights_For_B%27Elanna.jpg
    The take home from this is TP really need to work on a new event type.

Yep. Either that or fix Expeditions so they aren't hated by a lot of folks (I'm not one of them). They need to add a lot of things. More episodes, More Starbase rooms, More VIP etc, etc.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined?

The take home from this is TP really need to work on a new event type.

Yep. Either that or fix Expeditions so they aren't hated by a lot of folks (I'm not one of them). They need to add a lot of things. More episodes, More Starbase rooms, More VIP etc, etc.

Good shout on the determined one, I'm probably due a rewatching of voyager to be honest.

I would't say expeditions are hated perse they are reminiscent of actually playing the game. They couldn't be monetized appropriately and I suspect the creating of away team missions for the event is on par as to creating new episodes in the game let alone organising it so that matching bonus crew skills can complete a valid path in the mission tree. So highly labour intensive for little gain for the developer.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined?

What episode is this from?
  • edited May 2020
    There was an idea (in Make It So, I think) to turn Expeditions into chapter nodes after the event is over. I mean, why do all that work, then never use it again? There is still the question of monetization. But getting that additional content kills two birds with one stone. And newer players could sort of experience some older events. Oh... Monetization... Maybe those nodes could cost some small dilithium fee to unlock them - maybe 50, certainly 100 or less. To avoid the big impact, maybe make them half price for the first week or two.

I think Expeditions need re-jigging, MSF has a way of getting legendaries that I could see Expeditions fitting into.

To try each star you need 5 cards, of a certain trait, of a minimum of that star level.

So with Expeditions, you could 'zone' 10 nodes into 5 zones, each zone requires x number of crew of the star you're going for, and each node will require certain traits.

So, for example, to FF you'll need several legendaries FF with the traits, and the capability, to beat the last two nodes. Bit of a challenge, and also a marker for newer players to measure their strength against.

Have it available for a week, then it's gone until it rotates back for another week.

Monetize by having relevant packs available for the week, so the whales can whale out to get the card.

A new way of getting a card, challenging, and doesn't make Expeditions one-shots.

Edit: Also, they'd need to make the card un-citable.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    While we are monetizing, lets get rid of cadet and arena tokens and just make them cost dilithium. Make shuttles cost dilithium to launch. How about a cover charge for logging in? Let's make sure no single cent gets away.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pah-wraith Keiko as the LTO.

I've got her 1/5... hard to stay away from starring up a #1 base.
  • Collected Bridal Keiko, and doubled her, spend the $10 for a second star on Pah-wraith Keiko. Happy camper here.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Keiko offer is interesting but I think I’m going to pass. She would be an instant contributor for the event at 1/5*, taking the #1 spot on my crew for COM-only seats and falling just a little behind my 3/5* Ushaan Shran for COM/SEC seats (not considering Hobo Braxton’s stats, of course). However, even when immortal she would only be my seventh best COM/SEC voyager and would only surpass Tenavik as my #1 COM base when immortal, and I just don’t see myself putting four citations on her before the 20+ crew I’ve already got on my citation list.

Great offer, however, for any newer player or anyone who missed out on similarly strong COM/SEC crew.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gandolf Paris
  • edited May 2020

Today is Monday. I thought LTO was on Tuesdays. Will we get another tomorrow?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Getting the LTO on Monday is weird. Maybe it is a kind of apology for Facebook players and others who had problems. Gives us a chance at a leg up on the next event. With the reward as Paris and a Braxton in thresholds, we get two more Voyager crew before the Mega. Series bonus looks more and more likely.
    Goal setting time-
    This event I will:
    * Get all 3 copies of Braxton and his gear from threshold rewards- Got him, though I didn't do much with him.
    * Keep equipping and leveling event crew so I maintain a full shuttle load in the entire event (managed it in the Faction phase this past event for the first time). Soho and Zora immort gives me a leg up.- Did pretty good at this when I could retrieve and launch them (crazy weekend)
    * Immortalize Klingon O'Brien (4/4 lvl 85) by end of event and try for any other FF Romantic crew. DF Kim comes to mind.- Immortalized and Undercover O'Brien too
    * Restock chroniton reserve- didn't run enough voyages
    * Reassess why if any of these fail- see above
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have written Gandolf Braxton. Sorry. I'm still calling him Gandolf.

Somehow Paris was on my mind. Strange, because Georgia is supposed to be always on my mind...
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of me hopes there will someday be a game like this set in Middle-Earth from the Silm. and onward.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of me hopes there will someday be a game like this set in Middle-Earth from the Silm. and onward.

I heard that Amazon was working on Wheel of Time at one point. I'm holding out hopes for a similar game where I can start out in Two Rivers (Manetherin, if you will).
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Determined Paris has a tertiary skill. Find out on Wednesday. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I hope Determined Paris has a tertiary skill. Find out on Wednesday. 🖖

I hope so, tired of 2 skill crew.
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I've got her 1/5... hard to stay away from starring up a #1 base.

There are some bad offers.. That's not one of them. Kudos TP. See I can be positive too. ;)

• Das411, my main complaint about the expeditions is they give you nothing except the points, everything else, even if not directly gives you more, so if they dropped honor instead of points that would remove that issue for me. Still would not like them as they are the most time consuming, but I would be more willing to use my tickets.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My interest (or at least tolerance) could be ramped up with expedition honor drops. Perhaps 25 for each normal mission, 50 for elite, and 100 for epic? Just like with vp, they continue to drop even after mission is cleared (the grinder option). Yes, this would at least make me want to do all my tickets one time through.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate expeditions but I know some people love them. TP can have them I will just skip them. I like the changes TP has done to expeditions that has made them better. Would be good if TP could do something to address people’s complaints about faction events. Maybe making it so everyone could have four shuttles and adding community rewards. TP could even sell the extra shuttles at a discount or have an achievement in game that unlocks them or something. I know people who have already bought those shuttles would complain but there does need to be some way to give newer players a fighting chance. I know for me I have gotten a lot of use out of my bought shuttles over the years and would not mind others getting them now for free or reduced price.
    Let’s fly!