Home The Bridge

Honor Sale

*Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
First pull, and guess what..... :/:s

6g91msmibaf6.png
Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I picked up Captain Killy and then Jadzia Bear so Im not unhappy. Just wondering if there is another 10k behold tomorrow.
  • KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I just read the announcement and it looks like a begold each day at 10k honour.
  • Kadavar wrote: »
    I picked up Captain Killy and then Jadzia Bear so Im not unhappy. Just wondering if there is another 10k behold tomorrow.

There should be a 10k one every day until next Tuesday, according to the notes.

so what would be the best bang for my honor buck?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »

Personally I prefer the 40k cite + begold. I'd rather choose my crew to cite than have RNG determine who I get.

If you are doing the 10k offers, buy the begold every day. Only do the 10k straight drop after you've run out of chances for the begold
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, OF COURSE they do this the week after I buy 3 citations for Leonardo. I didn't think they'd do it so soon after the last honor sale, I figured once a year.

THIS IS WHY YOU MAKE ME AFRAID TO SPEND MONEY, TP!
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Personally I prefer the 40k cite + begold. I'd rather choose my crew to cite than have RNG determine who I get.

If you are doing the 10k offers, buy the begold every day. Only do the 10k straight drop after you've run out of chances for the begold

thank you, but should i be going for the 10k behold or 40k behold plus cite.....

Captain Level 99

I think it depends on whether you want a chance to get crew that you don't have yet or if it's more important to you to upgrade specific legendaries.

I had about 245000 honor, plus I can get about 30000 more by airlocking unwanted crew and unleveled dupes. I opened three of the begold + citation packs, but what I like the most are the begolds, so I will do one of them every day and depending on what's left I might do 2-3 single pulls on the last few days or one more begold + citation. I need to do the math, but right now I'm too excited about the fact that I finally got Surgeon Pulaski to concentrate on numbers :lol:

• Ugh, OF COURSE they do this the week after I buy 3 citations for Leonardo.

This is literally exactly what happened to me last time! Bought 3 citations for Leonardo, and the next week was the sale.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    this is the same as last convergence day right? that seemed like such an amazing deal. I guess because back then I had some million honor. Now with only very little honor it feels kind of meh.

somehow I remember convergence day being a 10,000 or 20,000 begold + citation. But it was 40,000 honor.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

thank you, but should i be going for the 10k behold or 40k behold plus cite.....

That is a personal decision based on your crew needs. For 40k do you want 4 begolds, or 1 citation and 1 begold? How many crew do you want to add stars to? Would you be happy with any of them getting stars vs picking the crew yourself? What are the odds that your begold is all FF or 3 lousy crew that you don't want?

For me, I'd rather have the certainty and get the citation to pick who gets the star. But if you want new crew or are happy if anyone gets a star, then I would think about doing the 10k begolds.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

That is a personal decision based on your crew needs. For 40k do you want 4 begolds, or 1 citation and 1 begold? How many crew do you want to add stars to? Would you be happy with any of them getting stars vs picking the crew yourself? What are the odds that your begold is all FF or 3 lousy crew that you don't want?

For me, I'd rather have the certainty and get the citation to pick who gets the star. But if you want new crew or are happy if anyone gets a star, then I would think about doing the 10k begolds.

that makes sense! thanks @AviTrek for the help! looks like i won’t blow all my honor today :wink:

Captain Level 99

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if we could get a crew slot sale too it would be perfect.

Usually mid-mega event is when those run, but ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Glad I was able to build some honor after dropping a bunch to FF Gary Seven earlier this year.

Went for two 40K behold + cite pulls and just wanted to finish some of my 4* Legendaries from campaigns with the citations. Not the best use of cites but want to Immortalize the stragglers.

Got Beholds that gave me the Bashirs and Age of Sail Data (both at 4* for me— and no other options were standouts).

So I’m pleased with being able to FF TWO of my 4* LEGs and still have 2 cites for others.

I know better than to tempt my good luck, so
    I’ll hold the remaining honor for later to see if another/better deal comes tomorrow. 😄

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually mid-mega event is when those run, but ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If they are going to do it, I would expect it just before the mega event begins. I would expect it to coincide with the announcement.

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY I can unload my honor
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a couple, including 2 random 10k pulls just to give it a go and have some fun (could use a bit of that to be honest):

- 5th * for Klingon Bride Jadzia (10k daily) - adding stars
    - 2nd * for The Professor (40k) - adding stars
    - 1st * Pah-wraith Keiko (random drop) - nice
    - 1st * Mademoiselle de Neuf (random drop) - meh

Don't have much honor left due to recently citing up Indulgent Seven (no regrets there). Will save the rest for the daily pull and maybe some random ones at the end if I have any left.
  • This is what I’ve been waiting for again! I have 650k honor saved up just for this occasion. The behold+citation for 40k honor is a deal that can’t be beat
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t disagree there even though I won the absolute jackpot on beholds that dropped the last stars for the following:

Changeling Founder
    Ushaan Shran
    Rogue Kai Winn
    EV Suit Archer
    Captain Morgan Bateson

All freezer bait, with just Fraser to level before he goes on ice as well. And the citations went to immortalizing both Activated Dahj (now my #2 SEC/SCI voyager behind Gary Seven) and Vahar’ai Saru (#2 DIP/MED behind Soji), so it’s been a rather banner day overall.
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I am very very happy with my pulls. I got a few stars added to some good crew and pulled a number of crew that were high my want list.
    Its crazy how fast 440k honor goes.
    That was very enjoyable, look forward to another couple pulls tomorrow and the next day.
    Thanks TP!
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    The Ripper - 10k begold
    HMS Pinafore Data
    Tempted Data
    Stranded Quark - 2*
    Rura Penthe Commandant - this was the hardest choice (Seven of Nine, Merry Men Crusher and Commanant)
    Bell Riots Jadzia - 2*
    Dr. Pollard - 2*
    Chancellor Gorkon
    Commodore Robert April
    Temporal Prisoner Chakotay - 2*
    Temporal Prisoner Chakotay - 3*

2 Cites to Kahless, 2 cites to Mirror Inquisitor Troi and 1 to Covert Operative Leland
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logic and consistency. These are things I like in life. Someone explain to me why Tuesday August 4th, 2020 is a logical or consistent day to start an honor sale. Xmas (or “holiday” if you prefer) 2018 and Convergence Day 2020 - these make sense. Is August 4th a meaningful day in Trek? Does it mean something to TP or WRG?

Happy to see the sale despite being short of my own honor accumulation goals. Happy that all of you are happy too. But I hate the randomness of it.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logic and consistency. These are things I like in life. Someone explain to me why Tuesday August 4th, 2020 is a logical or consistent day to start an honor sale. I hate the randomness of it.

Surprises on logical days, on days where you expect them are nice, but predictable (which you prefer). Surprises on days where you don´t expect them are real surprises on the other hand (which I prefer). Also in these challenging Covid-19 times anything nice is welcome...

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logic and consistency. These are things I like in life. Someone explain to me why Tuesday August 4th, 2020 is a logical or consistent day to start an honor sale. Xmas (or “holiday” if you prefer) 2018 and Convergence Day 2020 - these make sense. Is August 4th a meaningful day in Trek? Does it mean something to TP or WRG?

Happy to see the sale despite being short of my own honor accumulation goals. Happy that all of you are happy too. But I hate the randomness of it.

I would say besides the reduced prices in honor it is a sale after all. They want to sell the honor packs to people who did not save that much. To me it makes sense.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.