Home The Bridge

Honor Sale

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I have a (hopefully) unique question. Curious to see the responses.

I am sitting on essentially 500K Honor currently. I have a 5* citation list based on my revamped Honor Pinata plan (still working on the presentation, apologies) so going straight with maximizing the 40K options that come with a citation is perfect for me, but I am also giving some thought to saving back 80K Honor to buy 8 of the once daily 10K begolds. Basically, sacrificing 2 guaranteed citations for 8 bites at the RNG apple.

Would you do it, or would you just go with maximized 40K options?

I am holding some honor back for daily 10k pulls because I have so many legendaries that need stars. 40k pull gets you one behold and one citation. 10k beholds gets you four pulls for 40k. If you need citations for a select few that is def the way to go but if you need many stars for many legendaries then more beholds is good. I did seven 40k pulls and now am holding some back for 10k pulls.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody back up my decision? Now I have concerns I might have been wrong to go ahead and get Phlorg. Over two 40k and two 10k Draws.

I was looking at it like:

High rating Voyage combos and such. Plus, Sci/Eng/Med with the Borg Trait? Usually one of the four Sci/Eng seats on a Voyage has Borg Bonus Trait. So, he boosts both those skills, plus adds Med.

Did I maths right?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    In my own unique way, and with the guidance of trusted friends and community members, I slid into a solution that worked for me, and scratched both itches!

I chose to do the 40K begolds, but I did all 10 (I have enough for more than 10, but they cap it at 10 per day) in rapid fire succession to get that rush of just a "reckless" mad resource dump, without really stopping to reflect. I just unloaded 400K Honor, made my begold choice fast, and moved on to the next. It was thrilling!

And now I'll sit on those citations until the Honor event is over, letting the anticipation build up again over the next week or so, and then do another mass citation to get that rush too.

So far, ZERO regrets, I got super lucky on my 10 begolds. I was able to add stars to many existing crew including immortalizing Mambo Picard, and of the choices where I HAD to take a new card I was able to get crew like White Rabbit, Xindi Insectoid Counselor, and Assimilated La Forge!

Right there next to you, friend. I used 400k in two shakes of a lamb’s tail, immortalized 5* Chancellor L'Rell & added stars to a few more 5*s, banked 10 citations & got to choose some new 1/5*s to breathe the hypergolic vapors belowdecks. 😉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody back up my decision? Now I have concerns I might have been wrong to go ahead and get Phlorg. Over two 40k and two 10k Draws.

High rating Voyage combos and such. Plus, Sci/Eng/Med with the Borg Trait? Usually one of the four Sci/Eng seats on a Voyage has Borg Bonus Trait. So, he boosts both those skills, plus adds Med.

Did I maths right?

I never cared about Beverly Picard. Kahless the Unaffordable was a great desire of mine, but by the time I could afford him, I had sufficient crew that he was never needed. But this Borg Phlox is mighty tempting. If not for the honor sale, I would have snagged him myself. Your choice is a good one. I am not making the same choice, but my needs are different. Currently med is not lacking on my voyages. I'll have to start saving for him, though.
  • Can somebody back up my decision? Now I have concerns I might have been wrong to go ahead and get Phlorg. Over two 40k and two 10k Draws.

Did I maths right?

I never cared about Beverly Picard. Kahless the Unaffordable was a great desire of mine, but by the time I could afford him, I had sufficient crew that he was never needed. But this Borg Phlox is mighty tempting. If not for the honor sale, I would have snagged him myself. Your choice is a good one. I am not making the same choice, but my needs are different. Currently med is not lacking on my voyages. I'll have to start saving for him, though.

i personally didn’t go for bev or kahless, but that’s just me. now phlorg blox? that’s another story... i’ll be purchasing him one day :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »
    I just read the announcement and it looks like a begold each day at 10k honour.

so what would be the best bang for my honor buck?

I think it depends on whether you want a chance to get crew that you don't have yet or if it's more important to you to upgrade specific legendaries.

I had about 245000 honor, plus I can get about 30000 more by airlocking unwanted crew and unleveled dupes. I opened three of the begold + citation packs, but what I like the most are the begolds, so I will do one of them every day and depending on what's left I might do 2-3 single pulls on the last few days or one more begold + citation. I need to do the math, but right now I'm too excited about the fact that I finally got Surgeon Pulaski to concentrate on numbers :lol:

Best advice I think
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Logic and consistency. These are things I like in life. Someone explain to me why Tuesday August 4th, 2020 is a logical or consistent day to start an honor sale. Xmas (or “holiday” if you prefer) 2018 and Convergence Day 2020 - these make sense. Is August 4th a meaningful day in Trek? Does it mean something to TP or WRG?

Happy to see the sale despite being short of my own honor accumulation goals. Happy that all of you are happy too. But I hate the randomness of it.

I would say besides the reduced prices in honor it is a sale after all. They want to sell the honor packs to people who did not save that much. To me it makes sense.

This is why I dont even spend honor anymore, I knew that would happen, and Im happy I saved it lol
  • I hate to be THAT guy, again.

But when is 'Daily Refresh'?

0500 UTC has been and gone.
    1700?
    0000?

For a game that's about time, the developers are never very clear about it.
    I hate to be THAT guy, again.

But when is 'Daily Refresh'?

0500 UTC has been and gone.
    1700?
    0000?

For a game that's about time, the developers are never very clear about it.

Since they are in the Portal, maybe the reset that goes with the Dabo?

I wish we got a specific answer every time this is a thing. Since there are multiple resets every day for different stuff!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    was wondering that myself, the once a day one hasn't refreshed for me yet?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »

Should refresh tomorrow morning same time Dabo does.
    Let’s fly!
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

oh thanks apollo, makes me feel better, that its not just me;)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I unloaded 400k honor...

- immortalized 3 crew
    - added stars to 3 crew
    - 4 new crew
    - 10 more citations (apparently I still had 14 left from the holiday honor sale and campaigns)

And I can do up to 7 more of the 40k honor bundles tomorrow!

Thanks TP!

ps: any chance we can get more free crew slots, pretty please???

Looks like it refreshes at 1200 Eastern {Event start time}.........

• DeanWins wrote: »

It is already 'tomorrow morning' ;)

Looks like it refreshes at 1200 Eastern {Event start time}.........

1700 UTC?

Thank you to all.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

I am sitting on essentially 500K Honor currently. I have a 5* citation list based on my revamped Honor Pinata plan (still working on the presentation, apologies) so going straight with maximizing the 40K options that come with a citation is perfect for me, but I am also giving some thought to saving back 80K Honor to buy 8 of the once daily 10K begolds. Basically, sacrificing 2 guaranteed citations for 8 bites at the RNG apple.

I am holding some honor back for daily 10k pulls because I have so many legendaries that need stars. 40k pull gets you one behold and one citation. 10k beholds gets you four pulls for 40k. If you need citations for a select few that is def the way to go but if you need many stars for many legendaries then more beholds is good. I did seven 40k pulls and now am holding some back for 10k pulls.

So I was considering this option. As I have 150+ unimmortalized 5* waiting for stars. I did 5 of the 10k unlimited legendary pulls (single). Got 2 useful but 3 more 1/5 crew. So right now im abit stuck on whether it is worth as im effectively out of slots and am already freezing immortalized 5*s... :(
  • mejoyh wrote: »

So I was considering this option. As I have 150+ unimmortalized 5* waiting for stars. I did 5 of the 10k unlimited legendary pulls (single). Got 2 useful but 3 more 1/5 crew. So right now im abit stuck on whether it is worth as im effectively out of slots and am already freezing immortalized 5*s... :(

Wouldn't it be better to do the begolds then? I guess it depends on how much honor you have and how many crew you really want that you don't have yet, but the sale will last until next Monday, so that could mean one 10k begold every day and as many 40k ones as you can afford.

• Who did you grab from the Picard, Garak, Yar begold?

I kinda would like to know who everyone picked from every BeGold. The on!y life I have these days is a vicarious one.....
    u9q3xcdroiay.jpg

Thrax.

i3hmsqqnyg22.jpg

Was tempted to start a second Janeway, but I took L'Rell.

4b679fw5j0y7.jpg

Surgeon Pulaski! I've been wanting this version of her for ages!

es5ycgc4llq1.jpg

Added a star to Bashir.

And then I used two of the cites to immortalize Homesteader Janeway. The next ones will go on Medic Reno :)

I like your discipline and long-term thinking. Harry is Featured crew this week, but it is a Galaxy. That final 🌟 for Thrax? Much better in the long run. Can pop him in freezer if need room for better Legendaries, and bring him out if he ever useful for a short term.

I probably would have gotten excited and took Harry, then power leveled this week. Kudos to you!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

It wasn't an easy decision actually. But Thrax is useful for my crew right now, since I neglected SEC legendaries for a long time while building up my ENG and MED crew. It's not a big issue and almost all of my SEC-something voyages make it to 10 hours, so I wouldn't have cited him up. But before yesterday I only had 4 SEC-primary immortal legendaries and sometimes I had to do some complex juggling of voyage crew, especially during events. He should help with that.

On the other hand, I already planned to get to 400k in the galaxy event, because I want the extra honor from thresholds and the portal pull and I like Kim. I don't need him in my crew and 1/5* or 2/5* doesn't make much of a difference. He would have been useful for the event, but then I have plenty of unused chrons, part of which I was planning to turn into credits anyway, so that I can turn the credits into honor.

But it wasn't an easy decision :sweat_smile:
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 4 of the 40K offers. I missed the screenshots for some of them so I'll just summarize. Two outcomes that I'm very happy with, one that I like but will probably cause most of you to shake your heads, and one stinker.

The options:
    1. Garak, Elim Garak (1/5), Imprinted Archer (0/5), Captain Braxton (1/5).
    2. Captain Lorian (0/5), Krenim Guest Paris (2/5), Chef Riker (0/5).
    3. Seven in Silver (1/5), Admiral Kirk (3/5), Fennim (0/5).
    4. Diversion Yates (0/5), Mirror Zephram Cochrane (0/5), Admiral Cartwright (0/5).

The choices and rationale:
    1. Garak (2/5). I have never really appreciated the appeal of this Archer variant - can't explain it any better than that. Braxton may be the #1 voyager, but I'm not lacking in CMD voyagers and I don't see a lot of Braxton events in the future, so what does a 2nd star do for me here? Garak isn't exactly a strong card, but I like Garak and I have been working on the Our Man Bashir collection for a while. Yes, just a vanity goal, but I'm only 3 Garaks, 4 Bashirs, and 1 Falcon away from maxing it.
    2. Riker (1/5). This was easy. I was missing only one crew to get the 5th star for Lucille Davenport. Now I have a citation path to getting her. Plus, it's Riker, and he's got good stats. What's not to like?
    3. Kirk (4/5). A "day shuttler" behold. Seven and Kirk ride a lot of shuttles for me. Seven is nice, but Kirk was nearing the top of my to-cite list anyway. Plus, TOS > VOY (just saying).
    4. Cochrane (1/5). Painful choices here, but Cochrane at least has a couple collections going for him (and I keep lighting a candle for a Mirror Universe collection). Best of a bad deal.
  • FWIW, I’m getting more golds burning merits than I’m buying.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Who did you grab from the Picard, Garak, Yar begold?

Picard, that was the one i forgot to screenshot. other two were already FF
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent my honor last week, so I'll be sitting these out. Added a star to Gary Seven off a behold so no regrets.

Nanoprobe Phlox...now thats someone worth saving honor for. It may even inspire me to start doing all my dailies again (not enough to open my wallet again )