Home The Bridge

Honor Sale

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I have a (hopefully) unique question. Curious to see the responses.

I am sitting on essentially 500K Honor currently. I have a 5* citation list based on my revamped Honor Pinata plan (still working on the presentation, apologies) so going straight with maximizing the 40K options that come with a citation is perfect for me, but I am also giving some thought to saving back 80K Honor to buy 8 of the once daily 10K begolds. Basically, sacrificing 2 guaranteed citations for 8 bites at the RNG apple.

Would you do it, or would you just go with maximized 40K options?

I am holding some honor back for daily 10k pulls because I have so many legendaries that need stars. 40k pull gets you one behold and one citation. 10k beholds gets you four pulls for 40k. If you need citations for a select few that is def the way to go but if you need many stars for many legendaries then more beholds is good. I did seven 40k pulls and now am holding some back for 10k pulls.

So I was considering this option. As I have 150+ unimmortalized 5* waiting for stars. I did 5 of the 10k unlimited legendary pulls (single). Got 2 useful but 3 more 1/5 crew. So right now im abit stuck on whether it is worth as im effectively out of slots and am already freezing immortalized 5*s... :(

Do the beholds not single pulls that give you no choice. Or do the citations with a behold which are a great deal too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    uus3jcc4wddf.png
    Gunslinger Uhura, because I wanted her over a 3* for Kirk
    hv0gw5kouz8x.png
    Enemy Lines Sisko, makes me regret taking the Commandant yesterday over Merry Men Crusher..
    bjw72wuyjffj.png
    Saboteur Garak, easiest choice out of the 14 begolds.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would appreciate any help. My heart says Scotty, but I usually like adding stars.
    czecnikknxg2.jpg
  • edited August 2020
    I would appreciate any help. My heart says Scotty, but I usually like adding stars.
    czecnikknxg2.jpg

troi is really good 🖖

best troi dip base if i remember correctly
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • I broke down and bought the 100k pk.
    pxlfngs2v9r9.png
    This was the 40k, I took Troi.
    ykpmnwmg5lfh.png
    This was the 10k, I took Worf.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Today's pulls. Still getting great options.
    From here out am down to the daily 10k begold.
    ilizfufts8r3.jpg
    Amelia
    3tsv1ob4h2y6.jpg
    Lonzak.

• I dont have the gazillion screenshots anymore but heres what i got

finished

Kol House of Kor
    Medic Reno
    Cheesecake Seven
    Doctor van Gogh
    Nepenthe Troi (hell yeah)
    Chef Riker (this game is now over for me i done it all !)
    Commander Troi
    Gangster Kirk
    Juliana Tainer

Still have 100k Honour left so 2 more cites to get to 9 cites in total which i will save for something better.

i also added a star to James Bond Bashir,Ent-E Picard,Umpire Odo,Dr.Hugh Culber,Sarah Sisko,1701 Sisko,Butter Kirk,Prince Bashir,Badass Sisko,Musketeer La Forge. I also threw away 2 or 3 i cba with lol

Overall i think this was OP for me, i finished so many good crew and got stars for others that im good till next honour sale with anything. Im just chillin now XD
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    czecnikknxg2.jpg

troi is really good 🖖

best troi dip base if i remember correctly

Yup, can’t sleep on that Troi even if she’s beaten by Nepenthe Troi (I can’t remember if that’s the case from the discussion last week).

And I usually advocate for adding stars to existing crew, even if they aren’t that great like EL Sisko. I myself took a third star for that very crew last summer after the portal update, admittedly over the rather uninspiring Convergence Day Quark and Trader Worf. He’d only be my 10th-best COM/SEC voyager but was a better option over burning crew slots on two-skill crew, only one of who has usefulness outside of events.

That being said, I also recommend going with your heart instead of an additional star when that kind of issue comes up. If memory serves, that’s how I got Trelane - I forget who the other options were but at least one was demonstrably better overall, and I still went with my heart instead of my head. You may or may not find Scotty useful in ship battles, the next most useful place he could be is in the gauntlet (and even with a bonus, don’t do that), and you’ll probably never burn a citation on him....but if the crew slot is worth spending on someone you really love, go for it.
    I ended up going with Scotty. I don't really need him in the arena because Mademoiselle de Neuf serves well and I can hit number one in Admiral Division whenever I want the schematics. But he is better than Seven even if I don't need him, and he is Scotty. As a technician, myself, I had to go Scotty. As a bonus, the next pull gave me Tribble Herder Scotty who I recall hearing is a star crew, though I didn't even look before snapping him up. Dress Uniform Scotty was the first gold crew I won in an event. I fought really hard for him to get top 1000.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I ended up going with Scotty. I don't really need him in the arena because Mademoiselle de Neuf serves well and I can hit number one in Admiral Division whenever I want the schematics. But he is better than Seven even if I don't need him, and he is Scotty. As a technician, myself, I had to go Scotty. As a bonus, the next pull gave me Tribble Herder Scotty who I recall hearing is a star crew, though I didn't even look before snapping him up. Dress Uniform Scotty was the first gold crew I won in an event. I fought really hard for him to get top 1000.

You took 1 skill Scotty over Merry Men Troi which is the 16th best voyages crew?
    Wow. 😟
    1bola3csu7m4.jpeg
    cmtp4e54u7xw.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

You took 1 skill Scotty over Merry Men Troi which is the 16th best voyages crew?
    Wow. 😟
    1bola3csu7m4.jpeg
    cmtp4e54u7xw.jpeg

there are many people who would gladly pick a character that they love over someone ‘better’ it’s all about perspective. i’ve passed up ‘better’ crew many times for someone i’ve wanted badly so i wouldn’t say it’s uncommon 🖖

Sure, but here we have like one of the worst legendary crew picked over one of the best(for voyages). And by better i mean stats.

But whatever makes ppl happy, still shocked here. 🙂
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    Actually, I didn't know Troi's stats. I hadn't heard much of her, so it wasn't really a consideration. I'll look more closely in the future. But I do like Scotty.
  • These were the pulls on my first day, yes I'm a late day on posting...
    eplla0sdpnfa.png

I guess the only thing worse than an all 2 skill begold is an 2 skill begold where they're all immo

q76hbzy0t0bn.png

Went with Falcon

ttcivtxtuj69.png

Went with Nomad, Braxton surprisingly makes a lot of my voyages and had it been a different begold I would've started a second copy.

oy1s4xmpsgpg.png

Went with insectoid

4wca6042jhcm.png

Bateson

8mwuf9kvpqna.png

Started a second Julianna, maybe I should've gotten a star for Founder to bring me closer to finishing and freezing.

peoom9sq1zok.png

Went with Crusher

qytfhrujbp7u.png

Janeway

l2qjsacb31zk.png

Sisko

0noelycgdd71.png

Reed

karq6kei6ql2.png

Proof I didn't buy the premium campaign lol, went with Rain
  • Honor sale you say?

@[TUFG] Captain Zlog impressive
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Just for your FYI information (and yes, I know that is redundant and repetitive), it costs about 12 million credits to get the 10K honor needed for a behold. I got the honor behold for the day and got an extra star on Durango Troi and while spending the 12 million, got a surprise begold from the basic pulls. I chose Spock even though he isn't the best choice by the book. I like Spock and kept a crew spot.
    9jvdgl9co3nr.jpg
    dqbthahi7c9w.jpg

I can confirm that it also cost me ~12M credits to airlock crew for 10K honor to snag another beGold. I must admit, though, that the following makes me nervous:

2jbs0wihe264.jpeg

Forgot to take a screenshot of my choices, but I pulled the 4th star for The Traveler over 2 FF 5*s. I think I am approaching the dreaded all-FF beGold zone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    edited August 2020
    ck66ia5wo97i.png
    3* for Sulan.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    bwko4benf90o.jpg
    Went Pulaski.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    fsuctksmkndq.png

This one was a stumper. I eventually went with Brahms.
    Let’s fly!
    fsuctksmkndq.png

This one was a stumper. I eventually went with Brahms.

If I had seen that earlier, I would have suggested the Bashirs. I think they were the campaign crew. I wasn't going to get it, but got them.in a begold just before the campaign ended, so I bought the campaign. They are great. They provide a good science and diplomacy, but it is the bonus med that makes them so useful to me.
    So this finally happened. You would think with only 32 Immortalized Legendaries it would have taken a little longer.... And sadly I had just Immortalized Leland with a citation from the sale.

cf5dicgru9an.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this finally happened. You would think with only 32 Immortalized Legendaries it would have taken a little longer.... And sadly I had just Immortalized Leland with a citation from the sale.

cf5dicgru9an.png

g5i3nqkywxeq.jpeg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing a little each day. one 10k begold per day, and 1-2 40k per day. The debate is should I save 100k for phlox.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I'm doing a little each day. one 10k begold per day, and 1-2 40k per day. The debate is should I save 100k for phlox.

Although it’s an admittedly flimsy justification: if there’s a big reliance on ENG/MED seats in the Faction event in two weeks, I think even a 1/5* Nanoprobe Phlox is going to blow away the competition for ENG/MED seats. Imprinted Archer is the only other crew to come close to matching his event power that week and Rianna Mayweather is the only other bonus crew I can think of at all that has both of those skills.

Would you really want to spend 100,000 honor and four citations for the express purpose of improving your ability to fill seats that are almost guaranteed to never show up? No, that would be pretty silly. At best it’d be a nice coincidence when compared to his voyage utility and ENG skill for future Phlox events.