Home The Bridge

Honor Sale

Comments

• Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

Who did you grab from the Picard, Garak, Yar begold?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some good stuff. I got 2 moble doctor cards. I'm wondering if it is better to fuse two Cheesecake Seven so she is at 2*, or keep her at 1* and keep a moble doctor.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Pulls:
    Shukar (now 2/5) over HMS Data, 2 Skill Bozo
    LtCm Dax over Fennim, Garrett
    Mobile Doctor over the Entire Crew Selection. Like there's a better choice when you have a 4/4 Indignant Seven.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Glad I saw all the speculation about an honor sale, as I was able to do one of the Begolds with saved up honor. I had a choice of Scientist Degra (2*), Joachim (0*), and Lt Com la Forge (0*). Went with Degra.

The second one I bought and had this barely helpful Begold:

3h5mxawrdvz3.png

Honestly, if I didn’t FF Frazier there, the Begold would have been a waste of money. But with all this, I was able to FF Ishan Chaye Sisko, so it’s all pretty good for a day of work. 😃
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • And to think i burned for a couple citations a week ago. Oops.
  • ziishy0gl3ne.png
    0g2o4p2rfvfz.png
    did a 10 k pull got Conflicted Sisko
    did a behold took Krenim Guest Paris.
  • ziishy0gl3ne.png
    0g2o4p2rfvfz.png

You didn't choose Zek!?! Inconceivable! 😀

have all kinds of DIP. Need CMD.
  • did anyone try the paid options?
    do they award VIP points? how much?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    ziishy0gl3ne.png
    0g2o4p2rfvfz.png

Paris is DIP primary. Ok, he's still a lot better than Zek but both are high DIP with strong CMD.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I just got my namesake Decker in a behold! (Chosen over Disguised Kira and a second star for Survivalist Kirk.)

Dude, I remember how long you’ve been searching for him. Way to go!
  • Just wanted to say that I'm glad the Big Book and the Exo Book are both around to help out with Behold advice! And, also glad that I've been hoarding Honor for a sale just like this one!
  • First, let me say thank you. I hit 50k and was going to buy a citation but you guys said an honor sale was coming, so I held off.
    Instead of a single citation, I took the 40k option, got a second star for my Covert Leland, and the 10k got me a third star for the Borg Queen. Again, thanks.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a (hopefully) unique question. Curious to see the responses.

I am sitting on essentially 500K Honor currently. I have a 5* citation list based on my revamped Honor Pinata plan (still working on the presentation, apologies) so going straight with maximizing the 40K options that come with a citation is perfect for me, but I am also giving some thought to saving back 80K Honor to buy 8 of the once daily 10K begolds. Basically, sacrificing 2 guaranteed citations for 8 bites at the RNG apple.

Would you do it, or would you just go with maximized 40K options?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    did anyone try the paid options?
    do they award VIP points? how much?

I think it depends on your vip level.
  • Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I am sitting on essentially 500K Honor currently. I have a 5* citation list based on my revamped Honor Pinata plan (still working on the presentation, apologies) so going straight with maximizing the 40K options that come with a citation is perfect for me, but I am also giving some thought to saving back 80K Honor to buy 8 of the once daily 10K begolds. Basically, sacrificing 2 guaranteed citations for 8 bites at the RNG apple.

Its a good question. The most logical choice is to go the 40K option but then the fun will be all over and its back to the honor saving grind again. I haven't made a final choice yet but I think I will go for the daily begold to extend the fun.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Its a good question. The most logical choice is to go the 40K option but then the fun will be all over and its back to the honor saving grind again. I haven't made a final choice yet but I think I will go for the daily begold to extend the fun.

You have perfectly encapsulated the dilemma, because there is absolutely a "correct" logical choice (the 40K option), but there is also a "correct" you've been hoarding Honor for months you should have fun with this! choice (the daily 10K option).
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo, technically it’s a trade for 6 bites at the RNG apple (since you get 2 begolds with the 2 cites).

My opinion: since you’re already going to get 10 begolds with your 400k honor... maybe that’s enough RNG already? If you only had the 80k honor, I’d say enjoy the RNG ride. But for someone with a deep citation plan, fewer random cards seems advisable. But either way - have fun!
  • Bylo Band wrote: »

I would probably go for a begold a day. How many unowned cards are in the portal that would make your cite list? How many do you own that still need cites? And most importantly, how much fun are begold's for you?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you finish before the sale does.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Logic and consistency. These are things I like in life. Someone explain to me why Tuesday August 4th, 2020 is a logical or consistent day to start an honor sale. I hate the randomness of it.

Surprises on logical days, on days where you expect them are nice, but predictable (which you prefer). Surprises on days where you don´t expect them are real surprises on the other hand (which I prefer). Also in these challenging Covid-19 times anything nice is welcome...

This.
    Logic and consistency. These are things I like in life. Someone explain to me why Tuesday August 4th, 2020 is a logical or consistent day to start an honor sale. Xmas (or “holiday” if you prefer) 2018 and Convergence Day 2020 - these make sense. Is August 4th a meaningful day in Trek? Does it mean something to TP or WRG?

Happy to see the sale despite being short of my own honor accumulation goals. Happy that all of you are happy too. But I hate the randomness of it.

I would say besides the reduced prices in honor it is a sale after all. They want to sell the honor packs to people who did not save that much. To me it makes sense.

Also this.

I'll be 💯% with y'all. If I had the disposable income to do it, I would buy all four Honour + Cite Offers, and get the BeGolds & 10 k straight drops until it was gone. Even with the Honour I had in-game, I feel like I improved my roster.

Also, Thursday is a Star Trek series premiere. Might be more to tie into that this week.

Also, maybe we are all in this together still?

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

I kinda would like to know who everyone picked from every BeGold. The on!y life I have these days is a vicarious one.....

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ziishy0gl3ne.png
    0g2o4p2rfvfz.png

Have you seen the movie, "The Princess Bride"? If yes, you should have caught the joke. If no, then you are missing out. Go watch it. In seriousness, I think your choice was the right one in the behold.

I kinda would like to know who everyone picked from every BeGold. The on!y life I have these days is a vicarious one.....
    u9q3xcdroiay.jpg

Thrax.

i3hmsqqnyg22.jpg

Was tempted to start a second Janeway, but I took L'Rell.

4b679fw5j0y7.jpg

Surgeon Pulaski! I've been wanting this version of her for ages!

es5ycgc4llq1.jpg

Added a star to Bashir.

And then I used two of the cites to immortalize Homesteader Janeway. The next ones will go on Medic Reno :)

I like your discipline and long-term thinking. Harry is Featured crew this week, but it is a Galaxy. That final 🌟 for Thrax? Much better in the long run. Can pop him in freezer if need room for better Legendaries, and bring him out if he ever useful for a short term.

I probably would have gotten excited and took Harry, then power leveled this week. Kudos to you!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖