Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Convergence Day (flashback) - 12/31

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in The Bridge
Posting this early due to the holidays.

Event Name: Convergence Day (flashback)
Event Type: Galaxy Event (supply missions - one phase)
Event Crew: C.O.P. Founder Picard 5* (Existing), Judge Q 5* (Existing), Convergence Day Quark 5* (Existing), Klingon Quark 4* (Existing), Human Q 4* (Existing), and Detective Dixon Hill 4* (Existing)

Event Dates: Thursday 12/31 until Monday 01/04 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Klingon K'Ehleyr (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/07.

Event Faction: n/a

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of Picard, Quark and Q.

For the variants of Q: this does not equate to all crew having the Q Continuum trait but I want to be 100% sure and I've asked for confirmation. I will update this thread as needed.

2020-12-28: confirming that only these Q will provide some event bonus:
Florist Q
Captain Q
Data Q
Human Q
Marshal of France Q
Judge Q
Pugilist Q
Mariachi Q
Marine Q
Q as "God"
Sheriff of Nottingham Q

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will threshold and ranked reward structure be updated to reflect new reward structure? The reward structure for the first event are very dated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The primary question to ask at this point is: Will the community rewards from the first run of this event stay intact?

No, they will be somewhat different.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon K'Ehleyr? Like... Human Airiam? Mhhhh. :/
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I am excited for this event, I wasn't around for the first one. It will be fun and it gives me hope that they are starting the festivities early this year for the 5th anniversary.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Variants of Q"... has this happened since the Q Continuum trait was added? I think they've always covered by giving crew with the trait a bonus. All Q call each other Q. If they don't add the trait, then the only method of differentiation I can think of is "Q (as portrayed by John Delancie)". They've never had to do this before with any other crew. Maybe they could list all the variants of Q that give a bonus, like they did for Discovery crew last year in the Discovery mega event.

Honestly, logistically, there's not too many Q who will give a big enough bonus to beat out the event crew. Maybe Quinn? I don't think Belle Q, Q2, Colonel Q, or Amanda Rogers make the cut. I only have them at 1/5, so I could be mistaken. I know the 4* beat event crew.

I suppose if it were me, I would take the lazy way out and give the trait a bonus.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I believe there’s a hidden trait that just filters out Q and not other members of the Continum. Itself “Qjdl”.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Torres is canon. She's from the episode "Faces", as is Human Torres. The Vidiians got freaky with her DNA.

Sorry, poor phrasing. I was expecting a split apart version, a la Klingon Torres, which would be nom-canon in this case for K'Ehleyr.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    "Variants of Q"... has this happened since the Q Continuum trait was added? I think they've always covered by giving crew with the trait a bonus. All Q call each other Q. If they don't add the trait, then the only method of differentiation I can think of is "Q (as portrayed by John Delancie)". They've never had to do this before with any other crew. Maybe they could list all the variants of Q that give a bonus, like they did for Discovery crew last year in the Discovery mega event.

Honestly, logistically, there's not too many Q who will give a big enough bonus to beat out the event crew. Maybe Quinn? I don't think Belle Q, Q2, Colonel Q, or Amanda Rogers make the cut. I only have them at 1/5, so I could be mistaken. I know the 4* beat event crew.

I suppose if it were me, I would take the lazy way out and give the trait a bonus.

It will cause too much discussion really for such meaningless bonuses ...
    There are already 6 "big bonus" crew for a Galaxy ... so then you need to consider:

CMD, DIP, SEC and ENG (Human Q) are covered through big bonuses coupled with traits.

SCI - Picard & Number One, who many will have 4/5 if not 5/5 and they have the best SCI base in the game, who else do you really need?

MED - Q as "God" ... after which comes a 4/4 Tourist Quark who is better than Amanda Rogers until you get to a 3/5 Amanda ...

All 3 options don't specifically need Q Continuum to be effective.

So, there's no real issue here at all, whichever they choose i.e. who gives a **tsk tsk** which bonus is chosen for this event ... but I'm sure people will find reasons to be irritated.

Personally, I'll only defrost the three main 4*s and that's it ... and I'm hesitant to defrost Dixon, but I'm sure he'll get trait bonuses to make him useful for crafting at least one item.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The primary question to ask at this point is: Will the community rewards from the first run of this event stay intact?

No, they will be somewhat different.

Now for five pages of discussion "different" better, or "different" worse.....

BTW, just pointing out that the difference between a Flashback and a Rerun is supposed to include whether or not there are Reward changes.......

Just saying.......

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

I don't quite follow what you mean. They did tweak the rewards for the third run of The Game's Afoot since the original structure didn't work out, so there is precedent, if that's what you mean. I'm quite curious. It could be better or worse or just different but kind of neutral. My curiosity is piqued. I'm hoping they do something special with the community rewards. With just one phase, we can reach some astronomical scores as a community. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Variants of Q"... has this happened since the Q Continuum trait was added?

The last Q (de Lancie) variant event was a Galaxy on 2/14/19, so no. But as Damar mentioned, they added a q_jdl tag to de Lancie variants around the time of the Qod/Q Continuum mega to differentiate them.

We've also had two Q Continuum events since their mega - both skirmishes on 1/23/20 and 7/23/20.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shan, any chance you can elaborate on what the altered reward structure looks like? In the sense of... are they more similar to the original run of Convergence day or more similar to a standard galaxy event? I know that would make an effect on how much I push this week for COP Picard or not, and I'd guess I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    So Q, but not Q, Q, Q, Q, Q, or Amanda. See, it's simple!

don't forget not Riker Q
  • Options
    Merry Christmas Shan!
    Regarding Q, is this limited to Delancy Q or does it include Q2, Junior Q, Belle Q, Miss Q, Quinn and Colonel Q?
  • Options
    I think she was checking before the holiday.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Q conundrum really affect anything? It's a Galaxy, and there are like 6 Event Crew, any way. Most players should have at least some of them.......

C.O.P. Founder Picard
    Judge Q
    Convergence Day Quark {Wasn't he a giveaway at some point?}
    Klingon Quark
    Human Q
    Detective Dixon Hill

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I think I got everyone but cop Picard from that event.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Q conundrum really affect anything? It's a Galaxy, and there are like 6 Event Crew, any way. Most players should have at least some of them.......

For most of us around here... no. For newer players that would have missed out on CD Quark and would (hopefully) never select their first star for Judge Q from a behold in 2020... possibly. Still, you're right in that the eventual feedback will likely have minimal impact on most players' thawing (or not) decisions.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    C.O.P. Founder Picard
    Judge Q
    Convergence Day Quark {Wasn't he a giveaway at some point?}
    Klingon Quark
    Human Q
    Detective Dixon Hill

I have been playing for a couple of years and only have one of those, which is not ideal in a galaxy event.

I do, however, have Miss Q, Quinn and Q2, and it would help to know if they would be of use.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I think CD Quark was in a behold give away. As memory serves Dixon has been in two events in the last year and a half, and none of the others. Klingon Quark may have been. As suggested, most of the Golds are not top behold picks. I can field only Klingon Quark and Dixon. Most of these cards are weighted toward prof so I am expecting generally lower build bonus percentage.

As previously noted, Qod and Pupcard should be able to cover most skills reasonably if you weren't lucky enough to pick up any of the other 5 cards from the portal in the last year. None of the Q will likely get you much above 55% but if you don't snag COP this weekend you will have a COM gap that a couple Q might do at least a bit for. I'm actually thinking Herbert Rossov is a better sub but it depends on the traits for the build. Miss Q might help as well. But it will probably not change very much regardless. A few build more successes are unlikely to impact the end game. But they may save a handful of items or chrons if you intend to threshold and out.