Key information about the event: Convergence Day (flashback) - 12/31

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x Single Event Pulls.....

v8bs9gazze40.png
    idcbllg56u41.png
    4fwx0l485vcp.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hit threshold and got nothing but honour. All available crew are already frozen. I only have CD Quark to look forward to, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x Single Event Pulls.....

v8bs9gazze40.png
    idcbllg56u41.png
    4fwx0l485vcp.png

I'll take your 300 honor over my pure replicator fuel.
  • Options
    I got 200 Honor and 100 useless 3* schematics...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I only went to threshold in this one as there is an abundance of event crew in my roster for next week's event, so i don't need the ranked legendry. Plus klingon k'ehleyr has the same skill set as quite a few cultural figure golds many of us will have immortal, so don't really need to rank.
    So the community rewards will suffer from time of year, generous event crew for next week and players already having this week's purples FF.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I usually like galaxies because of the community rewards. Its always great to get the 4th star needed to immortalize the new crew, and the x10 provides at the very least a nice amount of honor.

This galaxy... well... I USUALLY like galaxies. All the tapping with less of the rewards it seems like.

"Happy convergence day, maybe if you played me more you could have all these cool rewards" lol
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

We have 2/3 of 1,000,000,000 points in eight hours. At the current rate that is 2 billion points per day, or 8 billion over the event.

We could hit Convergence day Quark, but not the final reward at this rate.

At this rate right now even Convergence Day Quark might be a stretch.🙈

Yea, still 2.8B only, might just get the SR quark and that is it. I know people typically hold SR turn-ins, but I don't see 5B+ of it.
  • Options
    I think they just really messed up. They made it really hard to get points, the event crew is nearly useless. And then expected more than double the points for the communty top rewards. That just screams very bad planning to me.
  • Options
    I am using the COP Picard, Convergence Day Quark, Judge Q, and Human Q, exclusively.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even stressing getting another Ten Pull Event Pack. All 4🌞 Immo. Connie Quark Immo. Odds are not in my favor.

To be honest, Connie Quark and Gun-Show Picard are doing most of the work for me, Crafting.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I've only been macro checked a handful of times this event, but every single time the super rare drop has failed.

It's probably nothing, but can anyone confirm they received the super rare drop when getting macro checked?
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve worried about that too, but I’ve seen my reward counter increment a few times despite a macro check. Probably just bad luck for you.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only been macro checked a handful of times this event, but every single time the super rare drop has failed.

It's probably nothing, but can anyone confirm they received the super rare drop when getting macro checked?

I've been checked many times. Almost all I got the reward. Just luck, I believe.
  • Options
    Thanks for the gut check, @Ishmael Marx and @DavideBooks.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was a disappointment.
    Sorry to complain, but what an odd note to start the year off with.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that always pisses me off about Galaxy Events is that the crew are never in order and I have to scroll to find the best crew.

I know exactly what's wrong: the crew are being ordered best to least WITHOUT the bonus traits being taken into account. So, for example, my top guy might give me a 67% chance at rare, while my 5th or 6th guy might give me a 70% chance at rare because he's slightly lower on the base percentage, but since he matches the traits, it pushes him up higher.

I have brought this up with TP previously and they're "looking into it" but that was 6 months ago, with no fix as of yet.

Don’t hold your breath.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Prof. KakkoiiLadyProf. KakkoiiLady ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    So in the meantime, @Shan , you’re going to in game mail us the rewards we missed right? Cause there was no way this was going to be achieved.... and from what I’ve seen from the original event... we would have in fact achieved all of those! So messed up it changed....
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now in my Dabo Wheel, I'm so sick of Klingon Quark :p

skugkkdcjd53.png

• Options
    In January 2017, the event was first run for 5 days and the community rewards topped out at 2.4 billion VP (so says the wiki, I didn't play then). Now, four years later, the exact same event is run again, but its duration is only 4 days with community rewards being increased by a factor of four to 10 billion VP.

Everyone should have expected this to happen and I told my fleet-mates on Wednesday that we would be lucky to get more than half-way toward the last community reward.

For that reason I'm neither sad or mad, nor do I think we should make a stink about the missed community rewards. But if this is the kind of reward balancing that Ben spoke about on occasion on the Timelines Talks podcast, then I see many unhappy faces in the future. Even if this hadn't been a four year old event flashback with aged (and to many: useless) crew as rewards, I don't believe we would've made the 10 billion target.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    And now in my Dabo Wheel, I'm so sick of Klingon Quark :p

skugkkdcjd53.png

Haha, he was in mine yesterday.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a random point about the 2017 version of this event - although the vp targets were lower, we also had a LOT fewer chronitons then. It may not have been as unreasonable as everyone thinks for TP to scale up the community targets to reflect our average chron stashes in 2020. Clearly, they scaled wrong, or they misjudged our willingness to participate (for the reasons articulated by others).
  • Options
    Kharom wrote: »
    In January 2017, the event was first run for 5 days and the community rewards topped out at 2.4 billion VP (so says the wiki, I didn't play then). Now, four years later, the exact same event is run again, but its duration is only 4 days with community rewards being increased by a factor of four to 10 billion VP.

Everyone should have expected this to happen and I told my fleet-mates on Wednesday that we would be lucky to get more than half-way toward the last community reward.

For that reason I'm neither sad or mad, nor do I think we should make a stink about the missed community rewards. But if this is the kind of reward balancing that Ben spoke about on occasion on the Timelines Talks podcast, then I see many unhappy faces in the future. Even if this hadn't been a four year old event flashback with aged (and to many: useless) crew as rewards, I don't believe we would've made the 10 billion target.

IF we get more of the same in the future, well then I can see a lot of folks walking away. Right now I am still paying but until I see them actually adding things in game other than more cards I am done giving them money. Its been over a year since we had new missions on the star map. It just seams to be who can one up each other for the next new card.
  • Options
    Total farce, hope they give us the last 3 community rewards. It seems that tiltingpoint fixed this event.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the question whether the missed community rewards will be awarded after the facts, I do not know yet. Once I have more information, I will let you know. It is unlikely that I will know today.