Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Convergence Day (flashback) - 12/31

Comments

• Options
    Just for a data point: I've been playing for a little over 3 years. I have Klingon Quark, Human Q, and Detective Dixon Hill immortalized. I have a 1-star of Convergence Day Quark, and do not have C.O.P. Founder Picard or Judge Q at all.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for a data point: I've been playing for a little over 3 years. I have Klingon Quark, Human Q, and Detective Dixon Hill immortalized. I have a 1-star of Convergence Day Quark, and do not have C.O.P. Founder Picard or Judge Q at all.

You’re not missing much - I think my 2/5* Judge Q hasn’t even been helpful as a bonus crew in Q events and my formerly 3/5* Picard only got very limited use in some Picard events.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I believe Data Q is a JdL variant.
    Correct.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Dix froze. I just finished Klingon Quark. Human Q is 2/4* fully equipped. COP Founder Picard is now 2/5* FE and am missing the other goods. I can use my immortal Q as God for a surrogate there, but I have no 5* of Quark. I am hoping there is a Quark in the LTOs tomorrow.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Dix froze. I just finished Klingon Quark. Human Q is 2/4* fully equipped. COP Founder Picard is now 2/5* FE and am missing the other goods. I can use my immortal Q as God for a surrogate there, but I have no 5* of Quark. I am hoping there is a Quark in the LTOs tomorrow.

Did you ever get Martian Quark from a previous rerun? He might be helpful.
  • Options
    Anxious to see how the very unusual but community generous reward structure will be adjusted.

That will play a part in the decision to try to rank or not.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I think CD Quark was in a behold give away. As memory serves Dixon has been in two events in the last year and a half, and none of the others. Klingon Quark may have been. As suggested, most of the Golds are not top behold picks. I can field only Klingon Quark and Dixon. Most of these cards are weighted toward prof so I am expecting generally lower build bonus percentage.

As previously noted, Qod and Pupcard should be able to cover most skills reasonably if you weren't lucky enough to pick up any of the other 5 cards from the portal in the last year. None of the Q will likely get you much above 55% but if you don't snag COP this weekend you will have a COM gap that a couple Q might do at least a bit for. I'm actually thinking Herbert Rossov is a better sub but it depends on the traits for the build. Miss Q might help as well. But it will probably not change very much regardless. A few build more successes are unlikely to impact the end game. But they may save a handful of items or chrons if you intend to threshold and out.

I was there. He wasn't.
  • Options
    @Legate Damar Unfortunately, Quark is on the short list of major characters that I don't have any of the 5* variants. And I mean SHORT, as in Scotty, Pulaski, Quark, and Shran, plus a few from Disco, like Owo and Booker, where the options are sparse. I managed to pick up a 5* of Sulu, Ezri, Neelix, Kes, Detmer, and Georgiou, in the last couple weeks to shorten the list by a lot, but still no Quark. (Mom bought me portals as my advent present this year and they were very good to me.)
    The Quark situation-
    *Rossoff and Klingon are immortal.
    *Tourist is FE 1/4* and has been since June.
    *Wedding is lvl 90 3/4* and could be FE in a day if I decide to do it.
    Please 🙏 LTO be kind.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    pu7tu21pvss3.jpeg

Klingon K'Ehleyr

Oh. That makes more sense. I was expecting a non-canon version, a la Klingon Torres lol.

Glad that K'Ehleyr is getting the 5* treatment..

Klingon Torres is canon. She's from the Voyager episode Faces.

Already posted a clarification on what I meant earlier in the thread, but thanks for helping.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I think CD Quark was in a behold give away. As memory serves Dixon has been in two events in the last year and a half, and none of the others. Klingon Quark may have been. As suggested, most of the Golds are not top behold picks. I can field only Klingon Quark and Dixon. Most of these cards are weighted toward prof so I am expecting generally lower build bonus percentage.

As previously noted, Qod and Pupcard should be able to cover most skills reasonably if you weren't lucky enough to pick up any of the other 5 cards from the portal in the last year. None of the Q will likely get you much above 55% but if you don't snag COP this weekend you will have a COM gap that a couple Q might do at least a bit for. I'm actually thinking Herbert Rossov is a better sub but it depends on the traits for the build. Miss Q might help as well. But it will probably not change very much regardless. A few build more successes are unlikely to impact the end game. But they may save a handful of items or chrons if you intend to threshold and out.

I was there. He wasn't.

Wasn't talking about the original event. Was talking about last 12 months as indicated with "in the last year and a half."

And I was however confusing Picard and Quark in the First Contact BeGold (Cochrane, Lily, and COP Picard). I knew one of them was in it, I just guessed incorrectly. I had picked Lily.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Legate Damar Unfortunately, Quark is on the short list of major characters that I don't have any of the 5* variants. And I mean SHORT, as in Scotty, Pulaski, Quark, and Shran, plus a few from Disco, like Owo and Booker, where the options are sparse. I managed to pick up a 5* of Sulu, Ezri, Neelix, Kes, Detmer, and Georgiou, in the last couple weeks to shorten the list by a lot, but still no Quark. (Mom bought me portals as my advent present this year and they were very good to me.)
    The Quark situation-
    *Rossoff and Klingon are immortal.
    *Tourist is FE 1/4* and has been since June.
    *Wedding is lvl 90 3/4* and could be FE in a day if I decide to do it.
    Please 🙏 LTO be kind.

The LTO gave you one of the top unique crew in the game ... Stranded Quark ... a variant I'm still missing, man he's my white whale ... an insta-pick in any begold for me.
    A rock-solid voyager if you ever decide to cite him up ... bases not the greatest though, but still.
  • Options
    5pe1v55hbs5v.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Stranded Quark is hands-down one of the most valuable crew in the game - I highly recommend him to anyone who doesn’t yet have him immortalized.

I'm so excited to read these comments, I've just FE'd my 1/5* Stranded Quark over the last weekend building up intel for skirmishes so I'm ready to go! :D

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stranded Quark is hands-down one of the most valuable crew in the game - I highly recommend him to anyone who doesn’t yet have him immortalized.

I'm so excited to read these comments, I've just FE'd my 1/5* Stranded Quark over the last weekend building up intel for skirmishes so I'm ready to go! :D

Congrats. I was very happy myself to get a second star on him. Looking forward to this event 😀
  • Options
    I'll nab a copy of Quark shortly. He's a slippery little Ferengi. One more of my list.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    The primary question to ask at this point is: Will the community rewards from the first run of this event stay intact?

No, they will be somewhat different.

Time to share the beans Shan, will the rewards go up to 2,400,000,000? The rewards need to match the previous Convergence Day Community Rewards, but if TP have decided to be even more generous good on them.

Why wasn't the 50th Anniversary of 'The Trouble With Tribbles' celebrated today?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!
  • Options
    I still don't understand why I don't have a CD Quark if it was given out in community rewards. I do sometimes airlock 5* junk, but never main cast or tier 4 or above.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I still don't understand why I don't have a CD Quark if it was given out in community rewards. I do sometimes airlock 5* junk, but never main cast or tier 4 or above.

I don't have him either. The only thing that comes to my mind is that I might have skipped that event. I started playing sometimes between November and December 2016, so maybe I didn't care about events yet.
    I only remember taking part in the one that had Rakal Troi in the thresholds and hating it :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, is this considered THE convergence day celebration or is it just a well placed rerun? (Isn't actual CD more like mid-January?)