Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Convergence Day (flashback) - 12/31

Comments

• Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Something tells me they're all out of the office already. Don't be surprised if we don't get a solution until Monday, and maybe (hopefully) we can all try to stay calm in the meantime.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too, which means those free packs (if we even get to end up redeeming them) won’t be of any help since the event will be over
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they haven't acknowledged the issue yet, they don't have anyone monitoring and I doubt it'll be fixed before Monday.

Fixing community rewards we haven't hit yet will also be a lot easier than fixing rewards players have claimed.
  • Options
    Has anyone turned in a CS ticket for this yet. If they get enough they will have it fixed sooner than later.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The issue with the community reward not showing in the time portal has been resolved!

Thank You! Happy New Year!!!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

We have 2/3 of 1,000,000,000 points in eight hours. At the current rate that is 2 billion points per day, or 8 billion over the event.

We could hit Convergence day Quark, but not the final reward at this rate.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hmm.

We have 2/3 of 1,000,000,000 points in eight hours. At the current rate that is 2 billion points per day, or 8 billion over the event.

I suspect people have plans today due to NYE. Wouldn't be surprised if it picks up tomorrow. I would also venture to guess that there are people who didn't realize there's only one phase, so won't be turning in their rates (or starting at all) until Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Hmm.

I suspect people have plans today due to NYE. Wouldn't be surprised if it picks up tomorrow. I would also venture to guess that there are people who didn't realize there's only one phase, so won't be turning in their rates (or starting at all) until Saturday afternoon.

I hope you are right! also hope all those people with New Years plans are being safe!! 🖖🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    I really starting to dislike this event. I have human Q and dixonhill imortalized, but even after spending more than 4500 chronitrons I still havent maxed out the personal rewards (I'm currently at 288k). This is getting ridiculous, apparently you need the 5 star event crew or prepousterous amounts of chronitrons to achive this. :/

On a different note : Happy New Year everyone :)
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s every galaxy, problem is the old crew don’t have great stats. I’ve got Mirror Picard doing a little better for some builds than Dixon or Klingon Quark.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    My FF COP Picard is doing about 90% of the work, with Judge Q and Human Q picking up the slake. I haven't seen Dixon Hill or Klingon Quark come up once. So, yeah, not the most strategic events.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Useful or not, I'd wager some people are put off by Human Q not being in the Community or Rank rewards. New players push VP for 4/4. Putting it down to portal luck isn't the same thing. Limping on a 3/4 past 150k is only going to slow down how much VP they can contribute. It's not just about the card, it's the minor boost in VP from build bonus success.

But I do agree it will likely pick up on Saterday. New Years is probably distracting most people. I can see the logic of people putting off for a habit second phase. But you may also want to consider, some of the people pushing now are new and will likely be depending on voyages for chrons by Saturday. Hopefully there are more people playing by habit than people who will have exhausted their chrons.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry - was too busy dressing up as a topless rock star and a cow last night.

I'm putting my community points in now!!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really starting to dislike this event. I have human Q and dixonhill imortalized, but even after spending more than 4500 chronitrons I still havent maxed out the personal rewards (I'm currently at 288k). This is getting ridiculous, apparently you need the 5 star event crew or prepousterous amounts of chronitrons to achive this. :/

On a different note : Happy New Year everyone :)

I haven't maxed either (clean up from a car wreck and Mom got a PICC line put in yesterday) but I'm having good returns with just the three 4* crew done (finished q from thresholds) and COP Picard FE 2/5*. Mirror Picard (immortal) has been useful though.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Hmm.

At this rate right now even Convergence Day Quark might be a stretch.🙈
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

At this rate right now even Convergence Day Quark might be a stretch.🙈

Remember, people hold on to their rare rewards for the end of the event. We'll see a spike on Monday.
  • Options
    It's not a particularly inspiring event for established players. Yes, there are lots of cards on offer but we have them all immortalised and the honour gotten from them isn't great. Let the newer players have them.

Also, once I sat out a couple of events due to family commitments, it's very easy to continue doing so.
  • Options
    Um, why do people hold on to their rares? Is there something I'm missing?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a particularly inspiring event for established players. Yes, there are lots of cards on offer but we have them all immortalised and the honour gotten from them isn't great. Let the newer players have them.

Also, once I sat out a couple of events due to family commitments, it's very easy to continue doing so.

Yeah, this. Its hard as an older player to feel too inspired to push through community rewards for a single 1/5 star and chances of pack pulls that will more than likely result in 4* characters that are already immortalized, including the 4* in the general threshold rewards as a rerun event. If we had these community rewards on a NEW event, I think you'd see faster participation. I've definitely had a quandary of... do I want to spend resources based on the low quality of the rerun rewards, or do I want to save them for an event where I feel more inspired to push?

It seemed like a nice idea in theory, but expanded community rewards on a rerun are real disappointing.
  • Options
    A quarter of the way through and we're not even on pace to hit 6 billion. I know some people hold rares until the end, but it's not going to move the needle THAT much.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

People are trained in a galaxy event to save rare rewards for the usual phase 2, when you get slightly more points. And waiting until last minute Monday to turn in to avoid any rank shifting surprises.
  • Options

I think it's to lull players into a false sense of security by having the cutoff for top 1500 look lower, then blast past it at the last minute so people can't get back around them. It's not something I've ever messed with, but I think that's the point.
  • Options
    This event definitely does have lower participation. I'm in a very casual fleet where some people just do the bare minimum in a galaxy to get access to the community rewards; they usually rank somewhere in the 30,000s* but at the moment they're around 25,000.

I don't think we're going to make it to the final community threshold, tbh.

*the number of players who have played in arena at least once in the last two weeks is much bigger than the number who do any given event
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's to lull players into a false sense of security by having the cutoff for top 1500 look lower, then blast past it at the last minute so people can't get back around them. It's not something I've ever messed with, but I think that's the point.

It's not just lull into false security. It's a defensive move. If you expect other players to hold their rares, then you need to hold your rares otherwise you'll fall behind just before the event ends. If you have your rares you can turn them in and keep it l up with everyone else doing the same thing.
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    The problem is there are 0 exciting crew to be received from this event. The SR rewards are super old and most people have them FF so there is no incentive to go for top 2k or 1.5k+, the new weekly Klingon has the most common skill set so that's also a pass for many people, the 130k threshold is more, bad SRs and the community reward Quark is also really, really bad. If the weekly ranked reward was say new Culber, lots more people would bother to try for top 1500.
  • Options
    So far this is the worst event I have seen in my year and a half playing. The single event pulls have yielded nothing but tired 3 star crew
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    So far this is the worst event I have seen in my year and a half playing. The single event pulls have yielded nothing but tired 3 star crew

Yeah, I can see that.
    I was excited about this special format and these community rewards until I realized we may not actually get CD Quark and the x10, and when I opened 5 single pulls, got 5 3* crew.

Look, I am glad they are trying to make things fresh with this rerun. I dont have Judge Q or CD Quark, and was hoping to come away with one of each, I will be happy with just one.

Adding an event x10 as an additional community rewards (or even as a much higher threshold reward) would be very very welcome. I just hope we actually get this one.

Come on Captains, we can do this!
  • Options
    The main problem is the thresholds are the same, but the event ran FIVE days the first time. They did it in five four years ago, I think. We should be able to do it in four. If we hit 5 billion by noon tomorrow, I have hope.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was considering sitting this one out, but with the special Community rewards I decided to give it a push. I'm sitting at 536k VP, which I believe is a record for me on a Galaxy event.

As much as I love Suzie Plakson, Klingon K'Ehleyr doesn't add much to my roster. I have way too many SEC/CMD at 4/5, and two at 5/5. It's true Mirror K'Ehleyr is a semi-frequent event crew, owing to the fact she's one of the few KCA super-rares . . . but mine is at 4/4, which I believe puts her comfortably above a 1/5 Klingon K'Ehleyr once bonuses are factored in.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport