Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the week’s event: Arrow Again (5th Anniversary Mini-Arc Part 1 of 2) - 01/07

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Here are my Cultural Figure cards:

7cke7afuzw7d.jpg

Any suggestions on which cards to work on (if any) for the event? @Legate Damar you suggested Jodmos upthread, but I'm also wondering if I should level up Marshal Q for this weekend's event as well to cover both? They also both have 2x collections which is a bonus.

Finish Amelia! For me she’s third in that skill set behind Adira Tal and BO Number One. Marshal Q is also useful for gauntlet.
  • Options
    FINALLY Abe Lincoln gets use
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is Gray? Is that a new Discovery crew?

From Discovery. Hard to say more without spoilers.
    Boyfriend of Adira.
    Previous host of the Tal symbiont
    4x6n1aqac4bn.jpeg

A trill. Thanks for the spoiler tags.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Should be a great event!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, Gray! Fingers crossed for a good card!

Gray playing cello would be awesome as would this:
    b148hu673z4m.jpeg

That'll probably be a later Gray.
    Reunion Gray or Reunited Gray or something. What was the pool called?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    am I right in thinking it's just variants of tasha yar and does not include her sister ishara yar ?
  • Options
    am I right in thinking it's just variants of tasha yar and does not include her sister ishara yar ?

Yes. Other family members do not count as variants.....

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It's just I'd expect it to say T Yar to specify her , just as they do for JDL Q and JL Picard for instance .
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishara is new enough, and a one off, that I suspect they forgot about her. Besides, she is listed as "Ishara" and is up with the I crew. Tasha is "Yar" and down with the Y crew.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    But if you search Yar in the Cryrostasis Vault Ishara does show up.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an oversight. Family members never count as bonus crew.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Usually when they have Sela then Yar is because of not enough bonus crew.

I think T’Pol was crew when T’Mir was.
  • Options
    Makes sense. They are "family" played by the same actress in both cases.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it here that I posted my Honor Pact updates?

9bepyzfnwxo8.png

heh ... just trolling :) Ah well, good to know that the Honor Pact has been of use for something.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

9bepyzfnwxo8.png

heh ... just trolling :) Ah well, good to know that the Honor Pact has been of use for something.

Up until about a year ago (or whenever Determined Janeway came out) there really weren’t many ENG/SEC crew. Yar was one of the few and was actually pretty useful on Voyages. After Determined Janeway, it seemed like they released a bazillion ENG/SEC crew in quick succession, so her value sunk like a stone, but she was a useful crew for a couple years.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

9bepyzfnwxo8.png

Up until about a year ago (or whenever Determined Janeway came out) there really weren’t many ENG/SEC crew. Yar was one of the few and was actually pretty useful on Voyages. After Determined Janeway, it seemed like they released a bazillion ENG/SEC crew in quick succession, so her value sunk like a stone, but she was a useful crew for a couple years.

I created my own little voyage meta game by filling seats only with matching traits of FFed 5* crew, no matter how bad they are (except if I really have no FF 5* matching the trait). Yar has pilot and maverick, so she travels a lot.

I see a lot of mediocre crew with rare traits on my voyages, and the stat hammers often stay at home. Mathematically not ideal, but more fun.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

9bepyzfnwxo8.png

Oh, I'm well aware that's she's outdated ... the Honor Pact thing is in another thread (the Timelines Talks thread) where we purposefully chose someone who does not have a top 50 base or top 200 voyage stat and cite them up just because we like the crew ... I've explained it in more detail over various posts in the other thread.

Anyway, the joke was, I just ... literally just a couple of days ago ... added my last citation to her and right after we get this event notice ... so if it wouldn't be for those darn Cultural Figures (Queen Po and a whole host of SEC crew) she'd actually be top for SEC and ENG base. :)

Yar has been a part of my crew since very early in 2017. And exactly for the reason you mention, RAF O'Brien was the very first crew I cited up when citations were first introduced in the game and he is still a frequent voyager to this day.

Anyway, here she is on a 10 hr MED/ENG voyage just completed ... As @Mirror Sanoa mentioned, she has great traits ... perfect for when a ship trait is Freighter (as was the case here).

6mpgy5iax0jv.png
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

9bepyzfnwxo8.png

Oh, I'm well aware that's she's outdated ... the Honor Pact thing is in another thread (the Timelines Talks thread) where we purposefully chose someone who does not have a top 50 base or top 200 voyage stat and cite them up just because we like the crew ... I've explained it in more detail over various posts in the other thread.

Anyway, the joke was, I just ... literally just a couple of days ago ... added my last citation to her and right after we get this event notice ... so if it wouldn't be for those darn Cultural Figures (Queen Po and a whole host of SEC crew) she'd actually be top for SEC and ENG base. :)

Yar has been a part of my crew since very early in 2017. And exactly for the reason you mention, RAF O'Brien was the very first crew I cited up when citations were first introduced in the game and he is still a frequent voyager to this day.

Anyway, here she is on a 10 hr MED/ENG voyage just completed ... As @Mirror Sanoa mentioned, she has great traits ... perfect for when a ship trait is Freighter (as was the case here).

6mpgy5iax0jv.png

For me and voyages, I love to get the trait bonus and Aviator Yar has so many good rare traits like Maverick, Duelist, Pilot, Hero, Costumed, and Survivalist. Those are some awesome traits!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that many of the SR Cultural Figures are DIP primary. I thawed Rogan for now, since he has the highest DIP and I only have a few better options. I'm curious to see what the shuttle seats look like. I'm pretty happy to see S31 in there. I've been needing some of those faction items on both of my accounts.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I noticed that many of the SR Cultural Figures are DIP primary. I thawed Rogan for now, since he has the highest DIP and I only have a few better options. I'm curious to see what the shuttle seats look like. I'm pretty happy to see S31 in there. I've been needing some of those faction items on both of my accounts.

Who's Rogan?
  • Options

Who's Rogan?

He's helping Picard grow hair......

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
  • Options
    Guessing it’s supposed to be Riva.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, gotta be Riva. I defrosted him as well.
  • Options
    Yeah, gotta be Riva. I defrosted him as well.

Agreed. I did the same. He was the last Dip purple I had out for base.
    I've already pulled Warship Yar and both Breen and Dominion Dukat out as, well. I think I have four more purples I can use in the freezer. Two are variants of Sarek. Wondering how deep I need to go. It is bound to be Dip heavy.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's Rogan?

He's helping Picard grow hair......

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖

This is the best answer. :D
    Guessing it’s supposed to be Riva.

Yes, Riva. Autocorrect tried to change it again. Riva's DIP is over 1,100 for me. It's very likely that he gets a seat. I'll probably wait before defrosting more DIP. I may look at another skill for the cost reset in a couple hours.

Don't discount GoE Troi. Her MED might be the highest for this event. If there's any MED spots on the 3-seat shuttles, then I may just post her for the squad share. I hope that doesn't happen, though. It would be a horrible mismatch of skills to bonus crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Don’t forget 5* Bones will see some work with his big base.
  • Options
    thanks, @RaraRacing . I'm still trying to figure shuttles out. Clearing thresholds is still fairly new. I am still trying to rank in an Event other than Skirmish.
    I somehow don't have a lot of these guys immortal (4 5*/9 4*). I have a dozen FF'd (and Amb. K'Ehleyr), but I don't have them done. I thawed most of my Mirror crew last time and still scambled to fill seats.
    What I do have is 4 Golds- Scrooge Data, High Roller Sisko, Picard and Number One and Suspiria. I only had two purples out- Pres of Earth and Irumodic Picard. I finished Bareil, since I was working on him anyway. I pulled Riva and the 2 Dukats, plus the Yar. Young Khan, Priestess Siranna, Dignitary Sarek, and Sarek are still frozen.

Kol is 3/5 lvl 90. He was my first event and I only got the 3 copies.
    I have all of Sarek and Dukat both. Those two of both were froze. Ambassador Sarek is in the dozen to immortalize and Suus Mahna is FE, 1/5*. I have the Pah Wraith Dukat at 1/5* and Bajoran at 2/5*. I'll flag Pah Wraith to work on right behind Jodmos (four components on 1 item to go) and both Queen Po and Tenavik (FF and 5 items to go).
    Okay, I do have Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon both at 1/5*. Those can get bumped up the list.
    These are my unFF'd's golds- Kol 3/5, Kahless 2/5*, and all 1/5* di Vinci, both Cochranes, mother L'Rell, Borg Queen, Chancellor Gowron, and Enemy Lines Sisko.
  • Options
    Yes, sometimes it's not the number of tokens that can limit your success but the amount of event crew.