Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the week’s event: Arrow Again (5th Anniversary Mini-Arc Part 1 of 2) - 01/07

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I somehow don't have a lot of these guys immortal (5 5*/10 4*). I have eleven FF'd (and Amb. K'Ehleyr), but I don't have them done. I thawed most of my Mirror crew last time and still scambled to fill seats.
    What I do have is 5 Golds- Scrooge Data, High Roller Sisko, Picard and Number One, Suspiria, and Timekeeper Tenavik. I only had two purples out- Pres of Earth and Irumodic Picard. I finished Bareil, since I was working on him anyway. I pulled Riva, the 2 Dukats, and Dignitary Sarek, plus the Yar. Young Khan, Priestess Siranna, and Sarek are still frozen.

Kol is 3/5 lvl 90. He was my first event and I only got the 3 copies.
    I have all of Sarek and Dukat both. Those two of both were froze. Ambassador Sarek is in the dozen to immortalize and Suus Mahna is FE, 1/5*. I have the Pah Wraith Dukat at 1/5* and Bajoran at 2/5*. I'll flag Pah Wraith to work on right behind Queen Po (FF and 3 items to go).
    Okay, I do have Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon both at 1/5*. Those can get bumped up the list.
    These are my unFF'd's golds- Kol 3/5, Kahless 2/5*, and all 1/5* di Vinci, both Cochranes, mother L'Rell, Borg Queen, Chancellor Gowron, and Enemy Lines Sisko.

Sorry for the late reply ... holiday here yesterday (i.e. family time) ... will put the reply in spoiler tag so others don't have to wade through it (good idea) ...
    Your "issue" basically comes down to a lack of focused crew levelling and equipping. Something very common for players mid-game with lots of crew slots.

This is where the wiki really comes in handy.

Example:
    Mother L'Rell has a lower DIP base than Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon's DIP base is higher too. Now, you might have just obtained the last two, but Chancellor L'Rell should be at the top of your levelling/equiping list when you read about the event ... over Pah-wraith Dukat for sure, his bases are poor.

--> so basically you should make two lists of priorities:
    List 1. - A general levelling list, where you put useful crew (e.g. main cast and high chance to feature in events, crew with very strong base stats for their current(!) fuse level) or crew you like at the top. This one you update as crew comes in through beholds/voyages.
    List 2. - A list that is based on bonus crew for an upcoming event. This one you make and update on Fridays.

I used to pick 2 crew from List 1 ... a 4* that was either 4/4 or 3/4 and a 5*, you slowly level these crew up each day, maybe 10-20 levels each, depending. Use them to meet daily targets.
    Don't start on anyone else that does not feature on List 2 (see below) until you've fully equipped one of the two all the way to lvl 100! Once done, then choose someone else.

Then I used to power level crew that were on List 2 and who would be helpful for the event. We've known since last Friday(?) that Cultural Figures would feature, so you could have ranked them by usefulness ... L'Rell would probably be top of the list somewhere.
    It is difficult to do this because sometimes you don't have the resources to power level a lot of crew (maybe only 1), so you have to be really critical regarding the choices you make.

On Fridays you also learn who the 5* is for the week after ... Uxbridge in this case ... but sometimes they are crew who have variants in-game ... depending on what you might expect the event-type to be, you could even add some names to List 2.
    Furthermore, for specific crew it is often handy to level up variants even if they might not be useful in the specific upcoming event (say if it is a Skirmish) ... they might have good traits that could feature in future events or be main-cast crew who with certainly feature in future events ... this means they won't be on List 2 in the future ... so over time List 2 will become really small, to nothing at times.
    This kind of planning may all be easier in the near future with the updates ... but we'll see.

Anyway, some thoughts to take forward.
    I've never been one to leave crew at the mid levels and then start working on someone else, have always tried to complete who I'm working on (if they are not crew I'm working on they are either lvl 1 or 100 ... see my Yar screenshot, have "hearted" the two crew I was working on). This kind of focus really helps with evaluating crew I own and defrosting key crew ... so, I'll defrost the good ones first and then if I see I have any holes address them with specific defrosts during the event.

It was family time yesterday here, too. Wrecking our truck delayed Christmas, so my sister came to visit me and Mom instead on her day off.
    I figured if anyone was interested in our side discussion, they could click and everyone else could skip it. Maybe a "Side Topic" tag that works like the spoiler one needs added.
    I finished Jodmos and Tenavik in the last couple days. Working on Queen Po now. She should be finished in the next few hours. I had a voyage return overnight that should finish her. I figured those two are pretty good anyway, plus two more immortal Golds that trait match is always good.
    Chancellor L'Rell and with CF's with Med will be right behind her. They aren't FF'd but I know I have Apollo and Edith Keeper. I'll have to see who else.
    Crew for this and the next event that need worked on, plus anyone sitting at 100 needing equipment and one or two projects, like Medic Reno and Dr. Culber to help boost my Med roster, are my Favorites. Anyone else, plus my FE'd and immortal crew aren't.
    I have a couple lists-
    One is my FF'd golds that need finished.
    A second are the crew I have that will better my base or proficiencies.
    A third are all my FF'd that just need finished and mostly froze.
    I got a bunch of crew in the last six or so weeks and am still working through them.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious for the story arc I read through all the missions and I have to admit I am confused. The Klingons do a mass burial ceremony for all the people who returned to their timelines and plenty of people witness that everything is back to normal.

But my crew is still here, Grey just joined. K'Ehleyr tells me weird stuff at the start that does not seem to fit to the story as she rather should have disappeared?!

Can someone explain the idea behind this first part?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious for the story arc I read through all the missions and I have to admit I am confused. The Klingons do a mass burial ceremony for all the people who returned to their timelines and plenty of people witness that everything is back to normal.

But my crew is still here, Grey just joined. K'Ehleyr tells me weird stuff at the start that does not seem to fit to the story as she rather should have disappeared?!

I was equally confused. Warship Yar isn't even from this timeline, yet she's featured in this event, suggesting the timeline has been fixed... ummm Tasha dear, you shouldn't be here....
  • Options
    I'm thinking their choice of crew is specifically chosen to make you wonder. If the Crisis is gone, why are they still here? Is the Crisis really gone or is it propaganda?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking their choice of crew is specifically chosen to make you wonder. If the Crisis is gone, why are they still here? Is the Crisis really gone or is it propaganda?

Yar's doubt suggests that something is not right. But... if she is here it is obvious that the crisis is not over, so how is it a "doubt"? Why do we do all the missions instead if investigating? Just because of orders that obviously are to cover something up? No captain we admire would. This is not trekky!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    At first I was wondering why my immo Emperor Philippa Georgiou didn’t provide any bonus, then I remembered she is lacking the Cultural Figure trait...... :neutral:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of weirdness.

Med seats on 10 shuttles to be staffed by... who?

Gray’s skill pair exists on only 2 shuttles (both Sec 31). Um, this is the new 4* that we are supposed to pull packs to FF, right?

Warship Yar’s skill pair exists on only 5 shuttles (not crazy-awful, but not great).

I didn’t count, but there seem to be far more single-skill seats than usual. (Which I guess is where Yar and Gray will get used.)

It’ll be interesting. 🤔
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flotter has med. He or she or it has been of no use to me at all, but someone with fewer golds might benefit.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I somehow don't have a lot of these guys immortal (5 5*/10 4*). I have eleven FF'd (and Amb. K'Ehleyr), but I don't have them done. I thawed most of my Mirror crew last time and still scambled to fill seats.
    What I do have is 5 Golds- Scrooge Data, High Roller Sisko, Picard and Number One, Suspiria, and Timekeeper Tenavik. I only had two purples out- Pres of Earth and Irumodic Picard. I finished Bareil, since I was working on him anyway. I pulled Riva, the 2 Dukats, and Dignitary Sarek, plus the Yar. Young Khan, Priestess Siranna, and Sarek are still frozen.

Kol is 3/5 lvl 90. He was my first event and I only got the 3 copies.
    I have all of Sarek and Dukat both. Those two of both were froze. Ambassador Sarek is in the dozen to immortalize and Suus Mahna is FE, 1/5*. I have the Pah Wraith Dukat at 1/5* and Bajoran at 2/5*. I'll flag Pah Wraith to work on right behind Queen Po (FF and 3 items to go).
    Okay, I do have Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon both at 1/5*. Those can get bumped up the list.
    These are my unFF'd's golds- Kol 3/5, Kahless 2/5*, and all 1/5* di Vinci, both Cochranes, mother L'Rell, Borg Queen, Chancellor Gowron, and Enemy Lines Sisko.

Sorry for the late reply ... holiday here yesterday (i.e. family time) ... will put the reply in spoiler tag so others don't have to wade through it (good idea) ...
    Your "issue" basically comes down to a lack of focused crew levelling and equipping. Something very common for players mid-game with lots of crew slots.

This is where the wiki really comes in handy.

Example:
    Mother L'Rell has a lower DIP base than Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon's DIP base is higher too. Now, you might have just obtained the last two, but Chancellor L'Rell should be at the top of your levelling/equiping list when you read about the event ... over Pah-wraith Dukat for sure, his bases are poor.

--> so basically you should make two lists of priorities:
    List 1. - A general levelling list, where you put useful crew (e.g. main cast and high chance to feature in events, crew with very strong base stats for their current(!) fuse level) or crew you like at the top. This one you update as crew comes in through beholds/voyages.
    List 2. - A list that is based on bonus crew for an upcoming event. This one you make and update on Fridays.

I used to pick 2 crew from List 1 ... a 4* that was either 4/4 or 3/4 and a 5*, you slowly level these crew up each day, maybe 10-20 levels each, depending. Use them to meet daily targets.
    Don't start on anyone else that does not feature on List 2 (see below) until you've fully equipped one of the two all the way to lvl 100! Once done, then choose someone else.

Then I used to power level crew that were on List 2 and who would be helpful for the event. We've known since last Friday(?) that Cultural Figures would feature, so you could have ranked them by usefulness ... L'Rell would probably be top of the list somewhere.
    It is difficult to do this because sometimes you don't have the resources to power level a lot of crew (maybe only 1), so you have to be really critical regarding the choices you make.

On Fridays you also learn who the 5* is for the week after ... Uxbridge in this case ... but sometimes they are crew who have variants in-game ... depending on what you might expect the event-type to be, you could even add some names to List 2.
    Furthermore, for specific crew it is often handy to level up variants even if they might not be useful in the specific upcoming event (say if it is a Skirmish) ... they might have good traits that could feature in future events or be main-cast crew who with certainly feature in future events ... this means they won't be on List 2 in the future ... so over time List 2 will become really small, to nothing at times.
    This kind of planning may all be easier in the near future with the updates ... but we'll see.

Anyway, some thoughts to take forward.
    I've never been one to leave crew at the mid levels and then start working on someone else, have always tried to complete who I'm working on (if they are not crew I'm working on they are either lvl 1 or 100 ... see my Yar screenshot, have "hearted" the two crew I was working on). This kind of focus really helps with evaluating crew I own and defrosting key crew ... so, I'll defrost the good ones first and then if I see I have any holes address them with specific defrosts during the event.

It was family time yesterday here, too. Wrecking our truck delayed Christmas, so my sister came to visit me and Mom instead on her day off.
    I figured if anyone was interested in our side discussion, they could click and everyone else could skip it. Maybe a "Side Topic" tag that works like the spoiler one needs added.
    I finished Jodmos and Tenavik in the last couple days. Working on Queen Po now. She should be finished in the next few hours. I had a voyage return overnight that should finish her. I figured those two are pretty good anyway, plus two more immortal Golds that trait match is always good.
    Chancellor L'Rell and with CF's with Med will be right behind her. They aren't FF'd but I know I have Apollo and Edith Keeper. I'll have to see who else.
    Crew for this and the next event that need worked on, plus anyone sitting at 100 needing equipment and one or two projects, like Medic Reno and Dr. Culber to help boost my Med roster, are my Favorites. Anyone else, plus my FE'd and immortal crew aren't.
    I have a couple lists-
    One is my FF'd golds that need finished.
    A second are the crew I have that will better my base or proficiencies.
    A third are all my FF'd that just need finished and mostly froze.
    I got a bunch of crew in the last six or so weeks and am still working through them.

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the conversation. Giving me a little different insight into my own roster.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I was equally confused. Warship Yar isn't even from this timeline, yet she's featured in this event, suggesting the timeline has been fixed... ummm Tasha dear, you shouldn't be here....

Possible foreshadowing that all is not as it seems?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flotter has med. He or she or it has been of no use to me at all, but someone with fewer golds might benefit.

There are a number of bonus crew with MED - Flotter, Goddess of Empathy Troi, Leonardo, Vedek Bareil, The Caretaker, and Dignitary Sarek all come to mind - but none of them are worth slotting in a MED seat. Bones to the rescue, at least for those who have him....
  • Options

So does Priestess Siranna, Dignitary Sarek, Edith Keeler, Apollo, and Bareil for purples. I'm using several that I have immortalized. I'm using McCoy for sure, and a couple others, but I am using pretty much any immortalized Cultural Figure I have. I honestly have my 4* Dukats out and have all day.

@IceCat, I also enjoy getting insight into others' strategies and methods. It helps me re-evaluate my own and make sure I haven't overlooked something or someone.
    How I play constantly changes. Not just from what I learn, but also from changes in my roster. I have enough depth to run shuttles and a voyage at the same time on a normal day now. I'm still getting used to that. I forgot it sometimes. OOps. I still surprise myself with how quickly a shift in tactics or an addition or two to to my roster can make a ddifference.
    I typically aim for 45k every 12hrs to ensure I clear thresholds, since I'm still not consistent at it. I decided to see where I was in relation to my usual checkpoints...I'm nearly to where I'd want to be by midday tomorrow. :o I was shocked. I was so worried I wouldn't make pace, with my relative dearth of event crew, but I am actually doing well for a Faction, very well.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about some of those crew. I left almost a dozen crew frozen because of how many gold crew I have in various stages of fusion. I have been sending out 4 shuttles only (except I sent a few extra over-night) but all with 1.5 hour time boosts and all are 95% or greater. The bonus pool is huge, which would make this competitive, but the reward is mediocre, which means I predict we will only need an average score. 600K should be fine, though I'll go for 650.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IceCat, I also enjoy getting insight into others' strategies and methods. It helps me re-evaluate my own and make sure I haven't overlooked something or someone.
    How I play constantly changes. Not just from what I learn, but also from changes in my roster. I have enough depth to run shuttles and a voyage at the same time on a normal day now. I'm still getting used to that. I forgot it sometimes. OOps. I still surprise myself with how quickly a shift in tactics or an addition or two to to my roster can make a ddifference.
    I typically aim for 45k every 12hrs to ensure I clear thresholds, since I'm still not consistent at it. I decided to see where I was in relation to my usual checkpoints...I'm nearly to where I'd want to be by midday tomorrow. :o I was shocked. I was so worried I wouldn't make pace, with my relative dearth of event crew, but I am actually doing well for a Faction, very well.

It's refreshing to see someone being open minded and willing to adapt. I think a large part of the appeal to this game is lost when people make the mistake of playing a cookie cutter way or on autopilot. I've made that mistake myself.

You seem to have the right attitude, not just towards this event, but in general. I wish you nothing but success. 🖖
  • Options
    @IceCat I'm competitive...with myself. I try to best my previous bests constantly. I constantly look for ways to improve, new numbers to consider, new theories to test. This event was a boon really. It spurred me to work on crew that hadn't gotten the attention they should. Tenavik, who I've had 5/5* since his mega, finally got finished. He's now my top base for Command and I had him just sitting there in limbo. Queens Po is shaking things up a bit too. I'm curious what will happen in a normal day. I may have gotten the keys to a ten hour voyage or close to it. I've come to less than 15 minutes of it and Engineering is always a weak skill for me. With the right combo of skills and traits, I might have it.
    I love a good puzzle and that's what all games are - puzzles. They are about fitting the right tools and tactics together in the right order.
    I had a professor that described anthropology theory as a buffet. You mixed and matched according to taste for the occasion. Isn't everything the same way? I function on the idea that every problem has a solution, every question an answer. The trick is finding it. You can get anywhere with the right path and transportation.
    That means I never immediately discard an idea. Even if it is a bad one, understanding why it isn't successful may give you the right solution. You never find anything looking in the wrong place. Sometimes, when breaking down a bad idea, you find a variable you overlooked or underestimated.
    Work is never wasted, as long as it contributes something, if only understanding. Every crew I finish for this event is one I will have immediately available for another. Po and Tenavik are a lot of work, but it will benefit me in multiple ways. They are both top ten for two skills. They have good traits. They are in collections. They expand my ability to produce in several areas. I think PI will clear a node for me. They give me flexibility for shuttles and voyages. It was good to do them.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenavik, who I've had 5/5* since his mega, finally got finished. He's now my top base for Command and I had him just sitting there in limbo. Queens Po is shaking things up a bit too. I'm curious what will happen in a normal day.

Congrats on Po and Tenavik ... they are great for shuttles and voyages ... and Tenavik is my secret weapon in Arena vs. all those instant damage D'Kora Kraytons ...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a fair number of MED seats, but... I'm just avoiding them.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Well, I passed my noon Saturday checkpoint already. I was around 163rd, I think, when I checked rank finally. I doubt I'll hold it, but it feels nice for now. Highest I've ever peaked was 113th in a Skirmish.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a Med-Eng seat on one shuttle and I’d just like to thank TP for using one of the rarest combos there is. :/
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Tenavik, who I've had 5/5* since his mega, finally got finished. He's now my top base for Command and I had him just sitting there in limbo. Queens Po is shaking things up a bit too. I'm curious what will happen in a normal day.

Congrats on Po and Tenavik ... they are great for shuttles and voyages ... and Tenavik is my secret weapon in Arena vs. all those instant damage D'Kora Kraytons ...

And Po is bonus next week too ... Innovator trait ... double whammy. :)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »

There’s a Med-Eng seat on one shuttle and I’d just like to thank TP for using one of the rarest combos there is. :/

Caretaker is ENG-MED and is a a cultural figure. That seat bothers me less than the other MED that don't match any cultural figures.

Oh you mean the white whale I’ve never been able to get, even after 20K+ Gauntlet rounds? 😕
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

Caretaker is ENG-MED and is a a cultural figure. That seat bothers me less than the other MED that don't match any cultural figures.

Oh you mean the white whale I’ve never been able to get, even after 20K+ Gauntlet rounds? 😕

Da Vinci has similar base stats for ENG and MED even though he is a SCI main crew

EDIT:
    1/5
    644/141 - 612/227

5/5
    1092/366 - 964/452

You can try to figure out who's who, but it doesn't really matter. :)
  • Options

And Po is bonus next week too ... Innovator trait ... double whammy. :)

Zephram Cochrane, Mirror Cochrane, and Leonardo da Vinci will also get a bonus next week. Interesting little bit of crossover.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    How does Gray not get a shuttle seat in their own event?
  • Options

You have Scrooge Data and Borg Queen immortalized too?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Yes.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I'm been slotting him in Single Skill seats. If he has that one. So, three trips out so far, I think......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Just Her Borgness.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?