Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the week’s event: Arrow Again (5th Anniversary Mini-Arc Part 1 of 2) - 01/07

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in-game event text is less ominous. Plus I can't imagine that TP would spend so much on acquiring the game and licence only to abandon it after a few months. This cow has lots more cash to provide.
    ft1bemebx7h0.jpg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    So, no more Convergence Day ever? 😨
    8ta17nxnt75t.jpeg

We can only hope. 🤞

No more cash from me, ever. Until we get clear communication that post is not as ominous as it can read to be......

I went through that nonsense with MAA......

This is getting very depressing.

No, the event synopsis is not an indication that the game is coming to an end. Seriously.
    This is a mini-arc as well let's not forget.

But to clarify: no the game is not ending.

Thank you!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember that at all, just a hint there was a Q mega on the way.
  • Options
    This is a Faction event... Will there be crew sharing? The format for event information has changed, and does not define this information... ThanX
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure all Factions and Faction phases have crew sharing. I'll be offering my squad a choice of what they want shared. I have a couple good options and I want to know what helps them the most.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    i4ny7c5bqzjq.png

Got this from an event pack, two yars for the price of one.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the Riva and Brunt have trait match. Very nice pull. A new player would be very happy.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I totally see where the dissapointment regarding the stats of Uxbridge comes from, but as often before, not every card can be a Voyages monster.

He has the 2nd highest SCI Base in game and the 2nd skill base is 1000+ as well.
    Nothing i would consider a lame stats at all, but thats me. 🙂

Yes, he is no main cast, so he probably doesn t have much future event value,
    but for newer players he still might be useful. Even at 1/5 he has the 2nd highest
    SCI base of all legendaries.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    t'filt'fil ✭✭✭
    Got this from an event pack, two yars for the price of one.[/quote]

It's a YAR YAR Blinx then
    T'fil Vice-Principal - Species Outreach and Xenoarchaeology Vulcan Science Academy

"There is nothing to gain from haste but error." Surak Second Analects
  • Options
    Just wondering, whats special about this event? Is it just a two part story or have i missed something?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, @RaraRacing . I'm still trying to figure shuttles out. Clearing thresholds is still fairly new. I am still trying to rank in an Event other than Skirmish.
    I somehow don't have a lot of these guys immortal (4 5*/9 4*). I have a dozen FF'd (and Amb. K'Ehleyr), but I don't have them done. I thawed most of my Mirror crew last time and still scambled to fill seats.
    What I do have is 4 Golds- Scrooge Data, High Roller Sisko, Picard and Number One and Suspiria. I only had two purples out- Pres of Earth and Irumodic Picard. I finished Bareil, since I was working on him anyway. I pulled Riva and the 2 Dukats, plus the Yar. Young Khan, Priestess Siranna, Dignitary Sarek, and Sarek are still frozen.

Kol is 3/5 lvl 90. He was my first event and I only got the 3 copies.
    I have all of Sarek and Dukat both. Those two of both were froze. Ambassador Sarek is in the dozen to immortalize and Suus Mahna is FE, 1/5*. I have the Pah Wraith Dukat at 1/5* and Bajoran at 2/5*. I'll flag Pah Wraith to work on right behind Jodmos (four components on 1 item to go) and both Queen Po and Tenavik (FF and 5 items to go).
    Okay, I do have Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon both at 1/5*. Those can get bumped up the list.
    These are my unFF'd's golds- Kol 3/5, Kahless 2/5*, and all 1/5* di Vinci, both Cochranes, mother L'Rell, Borg Queen, Chancellor Gowron, and Enemy Lines Sisko.

Sorry for the late reply ... holiday here yesterday (i.e. family time) ... will put the reply in spoiler tag so others don't have to wade through it (good idea) ...
    Your "issue" basically comes down to a lack of focused crew levelling and equipping. Something very common for players mid-game with lots of crew slots.

This is where the wiki really comes in handy.

Example:
    Mother L'Rell has a lower DIP base than Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon's DIP base is higher too. Now, you might have just obtained the last two, but Chancellor L'Rell should be at the top of your levelling/equiping list when you read about the event ... over Pah-wraith Dukat for sure, his bases are poor.

--> so basically you should make two lists of priorities:
    List 1. - A general levelling list, where you put useful crew (e.g. main cast and high chance to feature in events, crew with very strong base stats for their current(!) fuse level) or crew you like at the top. This one you update as crew comes in through beholds/voyages.
    List 2. - A list that is based on bonus crew for an upcoming event. This one you make and update on Fridays.

I used to pick 2 crew from List 1 ... a 4* that was either 4/4 or 3/4 and a 5*, you slowly level these crew up each day, maybe 10-20 levels each, depending. Use them to meet daily targets.
    Don't start on anyone else that does not feature on List 2 (see below) until you've fully equipped one of the two all the way to lvl 100! Once done, then choose someone else.

Then I used to power level crew that were on List 2 and who would be helpful for the event. We've known since last Friday(?) that Cultural Figures would feature, so you could have ranked them by usefulness ... L'Rell would probably be top of the list somewhere.
    It is difficult to do this because sometimes you don't have the resources to power level a lot of crew (maybe only 1), so you have to be really critical regarding the choices you make.

On Fridays you also learn who the 5* is for the week after ... Uxbridge in this case ... but sometimes they are crew who have variants in-game ... depending on what you might expect the event-type to be, you could even add some names to List 2.
    Furthermore, for specific crew it is often handy to level up variants even if they might not be useful in the specific upcoming event (say if it is a Skirmish) ... they might have good traits that could feature in future events or be main-cast crew who with certainly feature in future events ... this means they won't be on List 2 in the future ... so over time List 2 will become really small, to nothing at times.
    This kind of planning may all be easier in the near future with the updates ... but we'll see.

Anyway, some thoughts to take forward.
    I've never been one to leave crew at the mid levels and then start working on someone else, have always tried to complete who I'm working on (if they are not crew I'm working on they are either lvl 1 or 100 ... see my Yar screenshot, have "hearted" the two crew I was working on). This kind of focus really helps with evaluating crew I own and defrosting key crew ... so, I'll defrost the good ones first and then if I see I have any holes address them with specific defrosts during the event.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on the stats? Would be very important to know before the event starts. (AKA If its wrong and he goes from terrible to solid during the event, you will have the Adira artwork issue on your hands again)
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering, whats special about this event? Is it just a two part story or have i missed something?
    Yes, it's a two part story. The individual events (this week and next) are absolutely standard, but the theme and story text will continue across the two weekends.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    The comment from Ben about saving premium pulls makes participation in this event a lot more appealing than the ranked legendary does. I want that threshold pull! Just when I thought I could sit back and save some 90min boosts.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    thanks, @RaraRacing . I'm still trying to figure shuttles out. Clearing thresholds is still fairly new. I am still trying to rank in an Event other than Skirmish.
    I somehow don't have a lot of these guys immortal (4 5*/9 4*). I have a dozen FF'd (and Amb. K'Ehleyr), but I don't have them done. I thawed most of my Mirror crew last time and still scambled to fill seats.
    What I do have is 4 Golds- Scrooge Data, High Roller Sisko, Picard and Number One and Suspiria. I only had two purples out- Pres of Earth and Irumodic Picard. I finished Bareil, since I was working on him anyway. I pulled Riva and the 2 Dukats, plus the Yar. Young Khan, Priestess Siranna, Dignitary Sarek, and Sarek are still frozen.

Kol is 3/5 lvl 90. He was my first event and I only got the 3 copies.
    I have all of Sarek and Dukat both. Those two of both were froze. Ambassador Sarek is in the dozen to immortalize and Suus Mahna is FE, 1/5*. I have the Pah Wraith Dukat at 1/5* and Bajoran at 2/5*. I'll flag Pah Wraith to work on right behind Jodmos (four components on 1 item to go) and both Queen Po and Tenavik (FF and 5 items to go).
    Okay, I do have Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon both at 1/5*. Those can get bumped up the list.
    These are my unFF'd's golds- Kol 3/5, Kahless 2/5*, and all 1/5* di Vinci, both Cochranes, mother L'Rell, Borg Queen, Chancellor Gowron, and Enemy Lines Sisko.

Sorry for the late reply ... holiday here yesterday (i.e. family time) ... will put the reply in spoiler tag so others don't have to wade through it (good idea) ...
    Your "issue" basically comes down to a lack of focused crew levelling and equipping. Something very common for players mid-game with lots of crew slots.

This is where the wiki really comes in handy.

Example:
    Mother L'Rell has a lower DIP base than Chancellor L'Rell and Gorkon's DIP base is higher too. Now, you might have just obtained the last two, but Chancellor L'Rell should be at the top of your levelling/equiping list when you read about the event ... over Pah-wraith Dukat for sure, his bases are poor.

--> so basically you should make two lists of priorities:
    List 1. - A general levelling list, where you put useful crew (e.g. main cast and high chance to feature in events, crew with very strong base stats for their current(!) fuse level) or crew you like at the top. This one you update as crew comes in through beholds/voyages.
    List 2. - A list that is based on bonus crew for an upcoming event. This one you make and update on Fridays.

I used to pick 2 crew from List 1 ... a 4* that was either 4/4 or 3/4 and a 5*, you slowly level these crew up each day, maybe 10-20 levels each, depending. Use them to meet daily targets.
    Don't start on anyone else that does not feature on List 2 (see below) until you've fully equipped one of the two all the way to lvl 100! Once done, then choose someone else.

Then I used to power level crew that were on List 2 and who would be helpful for the event. We've known since last Friday(?) that Cultural Figures would feature, so you could have ranked them by usefulness ... L'Rell would probably be top of the list somewhere.
    It is difficult to do this because sometimes you don't have the resources to power level a lot of crew (maybe only 1), so you have to be really critical regarding the choices you make.

On Fridays you also learn who the 5* is for the week after ... Uxbridge in this case ... but sometimes they are crew who have variants in-game ... depending on what you might expect the event-type to be, you could even add some names to List 2.
    Furthermore, for specific crew it is often handy to level up variants even if they might not be useful in the specific upcoming event (say if it is a Skirmish) ... they might have good traits that could feature in future events or be main-cast crew who with certainly feature in future events ... this means they won't be on List 2 in the future ... so over time List 2 will become really small, to nothing at times.
    This kind of planning may all be easier in the near future with the updates ... but we'll see.

Anyway, some thoughts to take forward.
    I've never been one to leave crew at the mid levels and then start working on someone else, have always tried to complete who I'm working on (if they are not crew I'm working on they are either lvl 1 or 100 ... see my Yar screenshot, have "hearted" the two crew I was working on). This kind of focus really helps with evaluating crew I own and defrosting key crew ... so, I'll defrost the good ones first and then if I see I have any holes address them with specific defrosts during the event.

And then the event rolls around with about a billion MED seats for ... who now? ... to blow all your meticulous planning out the window. :)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss a med bonus crew somewhere? Are we supposed to be unfreezing Apollo? I'm seeing a lot of poorly matched AND seats, but the MED is the most obvious mismatch.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Did I miss a med bonus crew somewhere? Are we supposed to be unfreezing Apollo? I'm seeing a lot of poorly matched AND seats, but the MED is the most obvious mismatch.

Interesting that not even "God" is a "Cultural Figure".....

Just saying.....

Med definitely feels like a missed thing. Half the shuttles are Med seats, but no matching crew, except Apollo, basically......

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Interesting that not even "God" is a "Cultural Figure".....

Just saying.....

Med definitely feels like a missed thing. Half the shuttles are Med seats, but no matching crew, except Apollo, basically......

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

An interesting question, although i’m wondering why “God” needs a starship.

To travel in style?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I was kind of hoping to see MED and DIP for my GoE Troi, but it's all MED and CMD. That's a bit odd.
    Farewell 🖖