Home The Bridge

Upcoming trait changes - Feedback discussion

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17478/upcoming-traits-changes/

Thank you in advance for your feedback for our upcoming trait changes, please keep it precise and concise :)

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post has been updated, I had to cut the full change list in multiple parts to be for the forums.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will “Ambassador” be folded into “Politician”?

Can we merge Empath and Telepath?
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was Martok reeeeeeeally a politician though? :D

thanks Shan, this must've been a tremendous amount of work, can't wait to see how this new feature works!

and if i'm noticing it, surely someone else will - will the consolidated traits be removed from the locked away missions too? I seem to remember one node requiring "rich" which looks like it's disappearing, so did that locked node just get easier?
    Sorry to jump in with “complaints” (they aren’t meant as complaints, but...)

Thanks Shan and team! I like ALL the trait changes you propose and think they will really help!!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Omg, I'm going to hate myself shortly. the DNA updates. Ugh. :-) Guess that will be a big update coming.

Got your back, if you need help.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    The change log includes a character named “Paris and Janeway”. I assume this is Evolved Janeway? Was that a typo, or will the name of the card be changed?
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, I am intrigued. Thanks for the clear and well-written communication.
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Omg, I'm going to hate myself shortly. the DNA updates. Ugh. :-) Guess that will be a big update coming.

This was almost my exact thought. I have a heavily modded spreadsheet that used the DNA as a major contributor, but needs to be manually updated now since the two are no longer compatible. I saw the change log, and I had to pop 4 Tylenol’s to ease the coming headache...
  • Q Junior had Brat Trait Removed

Ok, now you've gone too far... ;)

:D
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Let us not push too hard, nor too far, for fear of endangering this long-overdue thing.

And it really is quite lovely. <3

EDIT: The only other QoL improvement that would get me to spend again is the Inventory.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    EDIT: wrong post nvm
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

There's significant enough difference between both sets that I don't see why they would be combined. Ambassador and Politician for sure. I would protest that merging. I would probably accept Empath and Telepath merging, but still don't agree with it.

I'm not going to get into the discussion on what traits should be added to or removed from specific crew. I know the community will nitpick it to death until the most obvious traits are done. (Like Pilot for Pinafore Data and Veteran for Tux Nog.)

It looks like one of the aims of this trait audit is to remove traits that only have a few crew, but there are still dozens more like Excaliban and jahSepp. Are those 1-2 crew traits going to all be removed and not accompany new crew going forward?

I think when it comes to species and faction/affiliation we're just going to have to **tsk tsk** it up and accept unique traits in those instances. It doesn't seem right to remove them and there's also no real way to combine them into something else that doesn't end up affecting large swaths of other crew as well.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    The details are inconsistent on @shan updates. Senator Vreenak shows only removing Senator. Not Adding Politician. Just confirming if that is correct or a miss on the detailed change log.

Also Doctor Paul Stubbs has both Astronomer and Astrophysicist but does not list Astronomer being removed.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Why should todays Bashir have the Physician trait? He was just a vision(Far Beyond the Stars) from the prophets?, it wasn t the real Bashir nor was he a physician in that vision?

Wrong episode. This is a Real Bashir.

There's significant enough difference between both sets that I don't see why they would be combined. Ambassador and Politician for sure. I would protest that merging. I would probably accept Empath and Telepath merging, but still don't agree with it.

I'm not going to get into the discussion on what traits should be added to or removed from specific crew. I know the community will nitpick it to death until the most obvious traits are done. (Like Pilot for Pinafore Data and Veteran for Tux Nog.)

It looks like one of the aims of this trait audit is to remove traits that only have a few crew, but there are still dozens more like Excaliban and jahSepp. Are those 1-2 crew traits going to all be removed and not accompany new crew going forward?

I think when it comes to species and faction/affiliation we're just going to have to **tsk tsk** it up and accept unique traits in those instances. It doesn't seem right to remove them and there's also no real way to combine them into something else that doesn't end up affecting large swaths of other crew as well.

I am just not convinced that Empath/Telepath has been distributed accurately in game. Llwaxanna is a Telepath, but Dianna is an Empath. Was there a difference in their powers mentioned in the show?
  • Be interested to see how this shakes out in the collections. For instance, will Human Q still count toward The Continuum set?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. Thanks.
    Let’s fly!
    Be interested to see how this shakes out in the collections. For instance, will Human Q still count toward The Continuum set?

My guess is that he will. He will still be a Q variant, just not in the continuum.
    edited January 2021

I am just not convinced that Empath/Telepath has been distributed accurately in game. Llwaxanna is a Telepath, but Dianna is an Empath. Was there a difference in their powers mentioned in the show?

yes,sir - for example,deanna can feel the feelings from other lifeforms (empath)but cant read thoughts, her mom can read thoughts (telepath)

Can she? I just figured she was better at reading emotions due to her being a pure Betazoid. Her comments about Picard’s thoughts, I always read as just her reading his emotions in a very detailed manner OR her just messing with him (more so the latter).
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

yes,sir - for example,deanna can feel the feelings from other lifeforms (empath)but cant read thoughts, her mom can read thoughts (telepath)

Can she? I just figured she was better at reading emotions due to her being a pure Betazoid. Her comments about Picard’s thoughts, I always read as just her reading his emotions in a very detailed manner OR her just messing with him (more so the latter).

Yup! I'm pretty sure this was clearly laid out in the TNG pilot, but it might only have been mentioned in Lwaxana's first appearance.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Deanna is half-Human, and does not have the full telepathic abilities of full Betazeds. She has empathic sensitivity to emotions. She does have limited telepathic abilities, but not with people she is strongly emotionally connected to, like Mommy and Imzahdi.......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    was Martok reeeeeeeally a politician though? :D

Didn't Worf appoint him as his Regent to rule Q'onos, after Worf Necromongered Gowron?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."