Home The Bridge

Upcoming trait changes - Feedback discussion

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    Should Grand Nagus Rom have the Bajoran trait? While I realize all the Roms have the Bajoran trait, this card is him becoming the financial leader of the Ferengi; I think he loses his Bajoran citizenship then.

You make a point, but his wife is still Bajoran. Does that make a difference? Also, any version of Rom before he starts working for the station should not have Bajoran.

Edit: if Rom has Bajoran because he puts on a Bajoran uniform and works for the station, then shouldn't Odo also be Bajoran?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odo usually has Bajoran. There are three or four that aren't- Investigator, Douglas Pabst, Trader, and, maybe one more that aren't.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Should Grand Nagus Rom have the Bajoran trait? While I realize all the Roms have the Bajoran trait, this card is him becoming the financial leader of the Ferengi; I think he loses his Bajoran citizenship then.

You make a point, but his wife is still Bajoran. Does that make a difference? Also, any version of Rom before he starts working for the station should not have Bajoran.

Edit: if Rom has Bajoran because he puts on a Bajoran uniform and works for the station, then shouldn't Odo also be Bajoran?

One note: most Odo's, possibly all (didn't check completely), are Bajoran. And I think he should have that trait; that is where his loyalties are throughout DS9.

Back to Rom: I believe the earlier versions (as in before becoming Grand Nagus) are Bajoran because he's something equivalent to a legal resident of Bajor, having lived on the station as far back as the Cardassian Occupation.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect continuing to provide trait feedback may be a waste of time now that Crew Retrieval has gone live. Imagine the grief that would be caused if a trait was changed stuffing up certain players efforts to obtain that card.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg Queen still needs villain, the mindless drones weren’t weren’t the main villains of First Contact themselves you know :smiley:

I think that every time there is a villain trait in a command slot on voyage.
    Let’s fly!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temporal Prisoner Chakotay is the only Chakotay without the Maquis trait.
  • Boothby and Replicant Boothby should both have gardener.
    Bride Yates is missing Pilot from her traits list. Considering how important it was to her...She should have it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bride Yates is missing Pilot from her traits list. Considering how important it was to her...She should have it.

A bunch of us were trying to figure out why she didn't have it during the event.
    That is literally the only Yates without it and she was in a Galaxy that called for it.
    Also just remembered the Bashirs lack the Federation trait when I was filling a voyage. I don't recall a reason they wouldn't be.
  • I noticed that Trader Odo is the only Changeling with the Shapeshifter trait. First, shouldn't all of the Changelings be Shapeshifters? And second, this is probably the one version of Odo (other than Douglas Pabst) that shouldn't have the Shapeshifter trait. He loses his shapeshifting abilities in the episode Broken Link, and regains them in The Begotten, but Trials and Tribble-ations falls within that period.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that Trader Odo is the only Changeling with the Shapeshifter trait. First, shouldn't all of the Changelings be Shapeshifters? And second, this is probably the one version of Odo (other than Douglas Pabst) that shouldn't have the Shapeshifter trait. He loses his shapeshifting abilities in the episode Broken Link, and regains them in The Begotten, but Trials and Tribble-ations falls within that period.

We've only been saying this for 4+ years. At one point in their livestream Q&A DB said basically to shut up and they're not changing it. Would still love to see them actually watch the shows though.
  • ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    Should Assimilated Hawk have the Starfleet trait? His artwork comes from moments after he was assimilated. So though he was controlled by the borg, he was a starfleet officer just minutes before that.
  • Rogue_Rogue_
    edited March 2021
    Since Kivas Fajo lost Rich I would replace it with Merchant. In that episode he's described as a trader. Other similar cards with Rich (Profitable Ishka, Zek, etc) have Merchant.

Add Politician to Senator Vreenak since he lost "Senator"

Agree with above about Gardener for both variants of Boothby and Gangster Kirk being Costumed to match Gangster Spock.
  • GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    Just been wondering... shouldn’t Boothby Replicant be an undercover operative?
  • I would argue that Dexa is a civilian?
    edited April 2021
    Pallas_Sol wrote: »
    I would argue that Dexa is a civilian?

I certainly would like her to have the civilian trait. Would be quite helpful.
    Let’s fly!
  • GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    I also think Caldos IV Crusher should be a civilian rather than Starfleet. The artwork appears to be after the point she hands in her resignation from Starfleet (?)
    Adding traits = good, switching traits = okay, removing traits = bad
    Let’s fly!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer -

Accurate Traits = Awesome

regardless of it it means adding/removing/changing.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I prefer -

Accurate by whose reasoning? That is why these discussions go on.
    Let’s fly!
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer -

Accurate by the reasoning of what happened in the show. It's really not hard when you watch the shows. We know DB doesn't watch which is why we have so many issues.
    edited April 2021
    Amphistaff wrote: »

I prefer -

Accurate by the reasoning of what happened in the show. It's really not hard when you watch the shows. We know DB doesn't watch which is why we have so many issues.

That is something for interpretation as well. The big details are easy but the nitty gritty ones are not. For example, Gangster Kirk and Spock. Are they criminals? They pretend to be criminals to help the planet. They steal guns and suits but they steal them from bad guys. So they did steal and commit criminal acts but did them for a noble reason. An argument could be made that they are criminal and not criminal at the same time. There are hundreds of examples like this.
    Let’s fly!
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    We know DB doesn't watch which is why we have so many issues.

On what do you base this? I think many do or did watch it, but are not as hardcore about finer details as many fans are. They surely slip up often, but this not so hardcore is a point we cannot hold against them. Most actors, writers etc. also were not as passionate about the various shows as we fans are. For them it was/is a job. Something that brings money. Not a hobby that gives them joy. I think the core issue is more a tight schedule that has to be delivered by a still small team. So brooding endlessly over pinpoint accuracy is probably not possible. That does not excuse major slip ups too often though of course.

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    3qrlobmpzrnp.gif
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Gangster Spock and Kirk, they are both "Costumed, Federation, Starfleet" (Starfleet officers pretending to be Gangsters, that seems fine) and "Civilian" (actual Gangsters?). I don't think thet should be both.