Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I’m on a different Gauntlet (MED, Hologram/Inspiring/Culture) but here’s my choices.
    osxih2cr2xco.png

Despite being a MED gauntlet the MED crew for this are pretty poor. I went with Phlox because of fat stats. I don’t have Boothby. Caretaker is the alternate MED pair because of a trait.

I’m light on SEC but I’ve covered at least 3 SEC pairs decently.

Previous Gauntlet if I recall correctly I used Balok, Mirror Phlox, Red Angel, Gary and I don’t remember. Somebody decent with 25% crit. I finished 7th overall. Yes, I faceplanted on the finish line. It happens. I had over 30 wins for the OE.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I'm missing Red Angel and Locutus, but I could have fielded the other three. For that Gauntlet, I would have had Def. Phlox, Caretaker, Kahless, Gowron, and Fury Kes maybe. She is my best for Security, plus has some Med and Science. I just got in the bad cycle, I think.
    I have bad gaps. I JUST got Opaka, like Monday, so she will be available either tomorrow or Friday. Skirmish is my building time. I've got a few on my list already, but I'll see about some Gauntleteers. Goddess Trio could be equipped easy enough. Surak. Have to see who I don't have equipped that get 65% sometimes.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed far fewer lower level ships than last week's OE especially on Day 2. I was undefeated in the first day but I lost twice trying to go against a 7 level ship with a level 10 Scimitar and mistakenly engaged in a battle twice times while at a level 1 so I paid 150 dilithium to get to 18 wins. I guess 150 dilithium for a super rare cite is a fair trade especially what I see in cite pack sales. I wonder how many people actually buy those.
  • Options
    Well, I started my new Gauntlet after having a decent run at the end of the previous one. I need FIVE and will have one more cycle. Crossing fingers.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done everything except gauntlet, which is killing me - I just lost four in a row where I had a clear advantage, then rerolled nine times just to get one winnable one with my last survivor. I'm still four short of the goal, with one reset to go. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made it on one account. Totally forgot about cost me.
    But I still could have made it on my main but had bad luck.
    I went with two open skills, hope I was able to yield help to others.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Calhoun I hope you get it. I just squeezed it out.

I did, thanks. Had to use a revive after an unlucky loss, but 30 dil is worth it for a cite. Well done on making it

• Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    my tip for winning gauntlet is to start as soon as possible on the Monday one so you will play in two different gauntlets
    Don't bring in your best crew possible, crit wise. That will bring you to a very high starting point. Take in at least 1 5%. Miss out on a skill.
    Don't win until the OE starts so you can get the lowest position possible. Lose on purpose
    Always pick the lowest trophy points option, refresh if needed. You will get loads of easy wins this way
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    I am done with fully completing the OE now I imagine
    It's more important to me to get the 5* ship schematics than bother going through the hassle of tanking then going back up & losing them
  • Options
    I agree with Kim-Novak
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    my tip for winning gauntlet is to start as soon as possible on the Monday one so you will play in two different gauntlets
    Don't bring in your best crew possible, crit wise. That will bring you to a very high starting point. Take in at least 1 5%. Miss out on a skill.
    Don't win until the OE starts so you can get the lowest position possible. Lose on purpose
    Always pick the lowest trophy points option, refresh if needed. You will get loads of easy wins this way

I wiil give it a try. I am going to do this on my main and second.
    I am starting in the hour after this message.

Edit: oops, I mean after the gauntlet ends today.
  • Options
    imdwalrusimdwalrus ✭✭✭
    I am done with fully completing the OE now I imagine
    It's more important to me to get the 5* ship schematics than bother going through the hassle of tanking then going back up & losing them

Same. Giving up 80+ schematics a day (depending on when I do Arena and where I finish) is a big ask and I'm not doing it. Tanking worked last month since I already had the Krayton maxed out; I'm just going to settle for the free portal draw from now on. Still not a bad prize but I hate that the only reliable way to finish midweek now is tanking or spending.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    I only need 1 more level. I don't understand why the schematics reward is the same as a month or 2 ago 🤷‍♂️
    Why not another new ship
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a brand new Gauntlet Crew. People tanking Gauntlet to do the chore is a poorly timed requirement, at best.

There are Schemes for a Ship not everyone has finished in the Admiral Division of Arena. People tanking Arena to do the chore is a poorly timed requirement, at best.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    There is a brand new Gauntlet Crew. People tanking Gauntlet to do the chore is a poorly timed requirement, at best.

it's just waiting 12 hours. Not the same as tanking arena or faction

• Options

it's just waiting 12 hours. Not the same as tanking arena or faction

There are quite a few people suggesting to also tank the Gauntlet.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    I just play low level for the first day. To go in full trophies straight away is nuts IMO. But then I think it's stupid to use dilith in gauntlet

As per new gauntlet crew, it's just luck
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    You absolutely do not need to tank gauntlet in order to complete that requirement. You just need to use the same tactics that you would use if you're chasing win streaks.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    You absolutely do not need to tank gauntlet in order to complete that requirement. You just need to use the same tactics that you would use if you're chasing win streaks.

It depends on your definition of "tanking"

If that's losing on purpose, then I'm not tanking like in factions. I'm just not playing for a select period of time. I've dropped nearly 100 places & now have choices like these. Last week just in the first day, I got over half of the goal. Use up much lesser merits too

5pkxzhmigb28.jpg

• Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    No artwork for Gomtuu in Arena Ship Battles.
    c1dezbskf9n9.jpeg
  • Options
    c1dezbskf9n9.jpeg

I haven't tried him myself, but I think I spotted him in mine. Anyone else see or no see him?
  • Options
    c1dezbskf9n9.jpeg

I haven't tried him myself, but I think I spotted him in mine. Anyone else see or no see him?

I saw the "Supernova" as in the picture the one time he came up in my choices. he was visible during the Battle, though.
  • Options
    c1dezbskf9n9.jpeg

I saw the "Supernova" as in the picture the one time he came up in my choices. he was visible during the Battle, though.

Yeah, he wasn't visible during my last run, but I did battle him. It's something to watch.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having once again lost almost a full set of "I should have won that but RNG", and having done these enough to have sometimes got all the rewards and sometimes not, I feel that 45 Gauntlet wins is still too high.
    40 would be about right.
    Because just 1 round of really, really bad RNG and there's nothing to be done.

Not strictly true. I had terrible RNG at the start of this week's OE, after three full rounds of gauntlet (i.e. getting all my crew knocked out 3 times over) I'd managed a total of 8 wins. That's consistently appalling luck, right across the board.

In the end I completed the gauntlet requirement with 11 hours to spare.

One bad round will not eliminate you from completing it. Giving up after one bad round will.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Having once again lost almost a full set of "I should have won that but RNG", and having done these enough to have sometimes got all the rewards and sometimes not, I feel that 45 Gauntlet wins is still too high.
    40 would be about right.
    Because just 1 round of really, really bad RNG and there's nothing to be done.

Not strictly true. I had terrible RNG at the start of this week's OE, after three full rounds of gauntlet (i.e. getting all my crew knocked out 3 times over) I'd managed a total of 8 wins. That's consistently appalling luck, right across the board.

In the end I completed the gauntlet requirement with 11 hours to spare.

One bad round will not eliminate you from completing it. Giving up after one bad round will.

I tend to finish gauntlet Wednesday morning after starting Tuesday morning. That's still four rounds to spare. Even the previous OE with the 65% Balok causing problems I could still get it done.

There are roughly 10 rounds to play assuming you sleep(timezone considerations may tweak the exact number). That means 4.5 wins per round. If you have 2 gauntlets in your OE and assume 10 wins at the start of each, that means 25 more wins over 8 rounds, so only 3.1 win per round. Sure a bad break may burn a round, but you then just need to make up 3 wins over the course of 7 other rounds.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying that surplus 4* citation life.
    kc3tw2exl7f0.png
    qqlhckv92cm0.png
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t it weird how the 5* crew order changed after you FF’d the 4* cards? FOB moved up, Booker moved down, etc. It’s almost like to there’s no rhyme or reason to it. :)

But yeah, it’s very nice not having to wait on random voyage drops for some of these cards.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    First day of gauntlet.
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Enjoying that surplus 4* citation life.
    kc3tw2exl7f0.png
    qqlhckv92cm0.png

Burnham is a great card. Definitely one to prioritize for cites/retrieval