Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    The rest Immortalized. All Legendaries. But, yeah. It's the players' fault that you actually get "punished" for doing well with a Faction. The higher your relationship with a Faction, the harder it is to get Shuttles that do well.

I see a bunch of crew that should be getting shuttle chances around 90%. Better with skill boosters.

I don’t really run shuttles with less than 93%. So I’m not shocked if I fail one shuttle. I’m mildly annoyed when I fail two. Mildly pleased if I pass all 20.

I find it baffling in this thread your claiming huge shuttle failures yet you’re perfectly willing to compete in a full faction event for the new Brunt. Aren’t you worried about getting “punished” for being successful in a faction event?

Look at Scott’s shuttle crews. Garak is in an ENG+SEC slot, but his skill set is the opposite. Same with Pike. I wonder if this is the “and” bug come back to bite him. Scott, you should see if you have more success when you match the skills exactly.

Also, success in faction events doesn’t affect difficulty levels of shuttles outside of them.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    The rest Immortalized. All Legendaries. But, yeah. It's the players' fault that you actually get "punished" for doing well with a Faction. The higher your relationship with a Faction, the harder it is to get Shuttles that do well.

I see a bunch of crew that should be getting shuttle chances around 90%. Better with skill boosters.

I don’t really run shuttles with less than 93%. So I’m not shocked if I fail one shuttle. I’m mildly annoyed when I fail two. Mildly pleased if I pass all 20.

I find it baffling in this thread your claiming huge shuttle failures yet you’re perfectly willing to compete in a full faction event for the new Brunt. Aren’t you worried about getting “punished” for being successful in a faction event?

Look at Scott’s shuttle crews. Garak is in an ENG+SEC slot, but his skill set is the opposite. Same with Pike. I wonder if this is the “and” bug come back to bite him. Scott, you should see if you have more success when you match the skills exactly.

Also, success in faction events doesn’t affect difficulty levels of shuttles outside of them.

That is a possibility. I have been using whoever shows as the "top" choice. That might be a bad idea if it is not doing "And" right again or something. I got the last one just now, with about four hours left.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try that next week. But, if the four Shuttles with my best Crew have a 2/4 to 3/4 FAILURE RATE, it might not help but so much. I'll try to remember to keep track next week.

To get a failure rate like that you would need to be running partially fused 4*s. No one’s luck is that bad.

I had two of three fail on my last group for today and I had all immortal legendaries as crew. RNG is extra nutty lately. If a com/dip shuttle fails with Tribble/Sato aboard, what do you do?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try that next week. But, if the four Shuttles with my best Crew have a 2/4 to 3/4 FAILURE RATE, it might not help but so much. I'll try to remember to keep track next week.

To get a failure rate like that you would need to be running partially fused 4*s. No one’s luck is that bad.

I had two of three fail on my last group for today and I had all immortal legendaries as crew. RNG is extra nutty lately. If a com/dip shuttle fails with Tribble/Sato aboard, what do you do?

Think about all the times she gets the job done before complaining about it on the forums.

Also use one of my many thousands of 3* skill boosters.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Faction Event: Wave of 24 sent. Success rate 22/24

dslnw8xu59sr.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It looks like we have got another week of having to pay, to complete the weekly objective. In particular the Gauntlet, to find people who you can actually beat. And not getting walls of Gauntlet crew, that you cannot win. Because you cannot get high enough in the ranking tables.

Or even looking at the crew Gauntlet stats, and seeing on paper you have got a better crew member. Same percentage rating, and yet still lose. By miles.

I am seriously considering giving up on the gauntlet part in future, and losing the Super Rare Honourable badge. That you get at the end of the objective.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    In particular the Gauntlet, to find people who you can actually beat.

Yep. 20+ wins every day until I get a 5/5 TKK. First one dropped this morning. Took me 3 months to get a 1/5 Balok. Took another 4 to get 5/5.

At least I get a 4* Citation once a week whilst I farm my TKKs.

6zhtesdf03ty.png
  • Options
    Overall, I've liked these. They help me with freezing 4* from events that aren't Galaxy or Galaxy Hybrids.

Only suggestion would be to perhaps include intermediate goals within each of the 4 categories so it's not all-or-nothing.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 17/45? I should be over halfway before bed and I'll start a new Gauntlet tomorrow and get two rounds there.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    It looks like we have got another week of having to pay, to complete the weekly objective. In particular the Gauntlet, to find people who you can actually beat. And not getting walls of Gauntlet crew, that you cannot win. Because you cannot get high enough in the ranking tables.

Or even looking at the crew Gauntlet stats, and seeing on paper you have got a better crew member. Same percentage rating, and yet still lose. By miles.

I am seriously considering giving up on the gauntlet part in future, and losing the Super Rare Honourable badge. That you get at the end of the objective.

I'm at 28/45 after three Rounds. Will probably finish, but I did something last week that made my life a lot easier. I decided that a 4* Citation is not worth my sanity or a migraine. If I get the Gauntlet Task done, then "YAY!" But if not, I don't care any more.

By the time I get the first copy of the new Gauntlet Crew it will be just like Balok. Before I got him, he was 45%/65% over half the Gauntlets I was in. Once I got him, he has been 65% TWICE. I expect the same for the Klingons, so am not sweating that nonsense either.

I agree .

I have not been concerned at all. If I get on my accounts, fine. If not , so be it.
    If it was a 5* citation, that might be different.

I had stopped playing gauntlet, except on my third account during skirmish or galaxy events.
    (In hope of chrons)

This has gotten me on all three accounts to play during the mini event.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Same here
    My stats are better as my opponents, I even deal 25% crit vs. 5%.
    Result: matches lost, no crit on my side, but my opponent dealt several crits at 5%!!!

Lost half a dozend matches this way this day.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never at any point had more than 2000 merits. I started this OE with ~1700 which is more than usual. I’ve spent more than normal and I’m under 400 right now but I’m finished now. I’ll still have to spend a little since the gauntlet ends this evening. Generally, I play gauntlet fairly hard when there’s new crew to be had and I’m not usually frustrated by a lack of merits.

Tomorrow I’ll have to run some YOLO gauntlets. Partially because it’s a faction event this week and I’m low on shuttle tokens. A couple days of YOLOs will let me refresh my merits even if it sets me back on getting my TKKs.

Having said that I don’t think the merit economy is need of a radical revision. One thing I would like to see is a little more variation in Gauntlet pairs. It’s sometimes frustrating to see something like:
    CMD DIP
    SCI ENG
    CMD DIP again.
    Like maybe slip a CMD MED, for example, in the middle so the patterns are broken up a little more.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Something's gotta give with the economic of merits if the Gauntlet mechanics are going to continue as they are. At minimum, cut it back so we only pay merits to refresh if it's the third match of a streak. Also, quit charging merits for faction transmissions. It's absurd to be penalized just to even play a part of the game. I went into this Gauntlet with 12k merits. It cost me more than 3k to refresh past the unfavorable and outright impossible-to-beat opponent choices. Even if I only participate during the two days of the midweek event, at this rate I'll be depleted before the end of July. And I'm a player who's had the luxury of a comfortable stockpile of resources for the last few years. I can't imagine how discouraging this system is for someone trying to get there.

There will probably be merit offers available in the portal once the boss battles go live, like the credit offers that they added with crew retrieval.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Peets wrote: »
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    5pkxzhmigb28.jpg

How do you get this? Even after thousands of spent merits I get walls where Locutus is the weakest.

Try to stay low in trophies.

I do stay as low as possible, choosing only the opponents to the right if possible. Still the same...

At the moment I am at 30/45 and spent a lot of merits. I think I will not gonna play this medweek event any more.

If I get something, ok, if I don't still ok. But considering merit expenditure and ROI of it I get better ROI if I spend merits for merit pulls.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Something's gotta give with the economic of merits if the Gauntlet mechanics are going to continue as they are. At minimum, cut it back so we only pay merits to refresh if it's the third match of a streak. Also, quit charging merits for faction transmissions. It's absurd to be penalized just to even play a part of the game. I went into this Gauntlet with 12k merits. It cost me more than 3k to refresh past the unfavorable and outright impossible-to-beat opponent choices. Even if I only participate during the two days of the midweek event, at this rate I'll be depleted before the end of July. And I'm a player who's had the luxury of a comfortable stockpile of resources for the last few years. I can't imagine how discouraging this system is for someone trying to get there.

There will probably be merit offers available in the portal once the boss battles go live, like the credit offers that they added with crew retrieval.

This new group (wrg) has proven themselves to be obsessed with tinkering with the economy of the games resources. You should expect that their end goal is to promote real money being spent to replenish in game resources.....all seven of them (chrons, merits, credits, dilithium, ism, quantum, honor, plus whatever else they add in)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

This new group (wrg) has proven themselves to be obsessed with tinkering with the economy of the games resources. You should expect that their end goal is to promote real money being spent to replenish in game resources.....all seven of them (chrons, merits, credits, dilithium, ism, quantum, honor, plus whatever else they add in)

Of course their end goal is to promote real money being spent to replenish in game resources. That's the point of running a real world game. I don't begrudge them that. I support and encourage tinkering, in any context. Not all tinkering pans out. Some does. I think the offer of five weekly theme packs for $9.99 panned out, for instance. I also think it's worth keeping in mind that, as I've said elsewhere, the appeal of in game resources in bulk isn't exclusively about becoming dominant in events. When DB first started selling chronitons, the appeal for a lot of forum members was to use them to get caught up on leveling their crews. They didn't even compete heavily in that week's Galaxy event, but they looked forward to those weeks.

To come back to the topic at hand, I want to be clear about something. I don't feel pressured to win 45 Gauntlet matches because of the event. It doesn't faze me if I fall short and miss out on a given week's 4* citation. It irks me because now I'm conscious of how few wins I'm able to score at a time and how many merits it costs me to even score those. I won't care if they do start selling merits insofar as worrying about how it will make it easier for players who buy them to keep refreshing more than me. Winning a Gauntlet means more to them than it does to me. I would ask, though, that they rename them. Merit, we're told, can't be bought.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course their end goal is to promote real money being spent to replenish in game resources. That's the point of running a real world game. I don't begrudge them that. I support and encourage tinkering, in any context. Not all tinkering pans out. Some does. I think the offer of five weekly theme packs for $9.99 panned out, for instance. I also think it's worth keeping in mind that, as I've said elsewhere, the appeal of in game resources in bulk isn't exclusively about becoming dominant in events. When DB first started selling chronitons, the appeal for a lot of forum members was to use them to get caught up on leveling their crews. They didn't even compete heavily in that week's Galaxy event, but they looked forward to those weeks.

To come back to the topic at hand, I want to be clear about something. I don't feel pressured to win 45 Gauntlet matches because of the event. It doesn't faze me if I fall short and miss out on a given week's 4* citation. It irks me because now I'm conscious of how few wins I'm able to score at a time and how many merits it costs me to even score those. I won't care if they do start selling merits insofar as worrying about how it will make it easier for players who buy them to keep refreshing more than me. Winning a Gauntlet means more to them than it does to me. I would ask, though, that they rename them. Merit, we're told, can't be bought.

I wonder if this is an unintentional push to get players to buy campaigns, since campaigns come with a decent number of merits.
  • Options

I wonder if this is an unintentional push to get players to buy campaigns, since campaigns come with a decent number of merits.

Definitely not “unintentional”
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Premium track has merits. Ultimate track doesn’t. I still spend most of merits on crew pulls and not the gauntlet.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Horrific gauntlet for this week's effort. 65% crit on tribbled Klingon, and 45% on Locutus. I have 1x the latter and not the former. They turn up on almost every round, and it's near impossible to win once you've had one battle with them.
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    Horrific gauntlet for this week's effort. 65% crit on tribbled Klingon, and 45% on Locutus. I have 1x the latter and not the former. They turn up on almost every round, and it's near impossible to win once you've had one battle with them.

Its also much more than confirmation bias, when you do your first battle with tkk, and then the next three merit re-rolls are all walls of tkk.

Gauntlet is anything but fair, or even closely representing true crit chance or even fair proficiency rolls.
  • Options
    Not even trying this week. FOUR wins so far.

Three RNGs in row that my Crew had MUCH better numbers

• Options
    Not even trying this week. FOUR wins so far.

Three RNGs in row that my Crew had MUCH better numbers

Yeah gauntlet is a total joke now. Whats the point of getting the new best gauntlet crew when they cant win with superior proficiency rolls and crit values than your opponent? (Especially when you are on a battle with a loot box on the line)

Such a rigged part of the game. Sad they have to do us dirty like that
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Totally rigged.
    0ushgfac9lmw.png

Admittedly I’m down about 400 merits and Union Q got his head pulled off trying for a 6th win. After that I yolo’d a few rounds to rebuild my merits.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bpwwceb0lv0au.jpeg

Completed about five hours ago
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Totally rigged.
    0ushgfac9lmw.png

Admittedly I’m down about 400 merits and Union Q got his head pulled off trying for a 6th win. After that I yolo’d a few rounds to rebuild my merits.

My Union Q lost against Locutus first-run with 0/6 crits against 3/3. Twice.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purrple, blue and green citations should be way easier to get (not only through honor hall for newer players especially). This mid-week event is almost impossible for medium players because of those 45 gauntlet wins, but also because of the 18 admiral division wins. Why does it have to be that high? Why not 12 wins across all divisions? Why not 25 gauntlet wins? Even 25 is still a lot for a medium player netting 3 wins or less purr round (unless in the beginning when the gauntlet resets).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")