Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Purrple, blue and green citations should be way easier to get (not only through honor hall for newer players especially). This mid-week event is almost impossible for medium players because of those 45 gauntlet wins, but also because of the 18 admiral division wins. Why does it have to be that high? Why not 12 wins across all divisions? Why not 25 gauntlet wins? Even 25 is still a lot for a medium player netting 3 wins or less purr round (unless in the beginning when the gauntlet resets).

Because these events are not aimed at beginning or medium players. They are meant to be difficult, which is why they have the highest difficulty rating displayed right there in the event hub. All this was made very clear when the first of these events was run, so the difficulty is absolutely as intended.

Of course, the intention was that these events would be an occasional thing, not every week. We should be seeing the other events - the ones that were aimed at medium players - most weeks but apparently WRG are incapable of fixing whatever that bug was. It seems like the dev team are incapable.of multitasking, possibly because the Dev team now consists of Ben and an arthritic hamster named Gerald (this is pure speculation on my part, but I'm trying to account for WRG's inability to support this game and that theory does fit the available facts).

But if WRG don't have the resources available to fix that bug then they also don't have the resources available to adjust the difficulty on these events. I'm afraid lower-level players are just going to have to cope, at least until Gerald's arthritis flare-up clears.
    For some time now, I have suspected that the game is being kept alive by arthritic hamsters, plural, i.e. players. 🐹
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Purrple, blue and green citations should be way easier to get (not only through honor hall for newer players especially). This mid-week event is almost impossible for medium players because of those 45 gauntlet wins, but also because of the 18 admiral division wins. Why does it have to be that high? Why not 12 wins across all divisions? Why not 25 gauntlet wins? Even 25 is still a lot for a medium player netting 3 wins or less purr round (unless in the beginning when the gauntlet resets).

But if WRG don't have the resources available to fix that bug then they also don't have the resources available to adjust the difficulty on these events. I'm afraid lower-level players are just going to have to cope, at least Until they cease to have resources to keep the lights on

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I'm afraid lower-level players are just going to have to cope, at least until Gerald's arthritis flare-up clears.

Or just do the shuttle portion whose reward is pretty reasonable. You probably would've gotten more speed ups from an entire "Prepare for Faction" but not by much. You get the same amount of Shuttle Rentals.

A free 10 pack a week is much, much better than anything the other OE's offer. My 10 pack gave me another Benny Russell. Its swell. I imagine someone will come along shortly and tell us spending 400 chrons is an impossible task.
    This mid-week event is almost impossible for medium players because of those 45 gauntlet wins, but also because of the 18 admiral division wins. Why does it have to be that high?

The Arena portion is also cake if you tank it and have a reasonable ship. I probably lost around 800 Raven schematics doing this. Its still a ship in the portal and its not a good one.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I think the OE challenge thresholds are just fine.

What i dont like is that i have noticed more shuttle fails than normal since it was implemented.

And gauntlet remains a total lie. The crit chances are not what is actually happening. The proficiency rolls mean nothing. If you are on a three streak you will have to spend tons of merits to find a winnable battls, and often still lose those. Your gauntlet crew will be pitted against wall after wall of the same crew over and over. Once you lose a battle or exhaust your available crew for a particilular skill, that skill will appear as part of the gauntlet pair for a disproportionate number of merit re-rolls....want me to keep going? Im just getting started.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    And gauntlet remains a total lie.

If its a lie then how come I'm scoring 20 or more wins every single day? I plan on doing so every day until I get a 5/5 TKK.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

If its a lie then how come I'm scoring 20 or more wins every single day? I plan on doing so every day until I get a 5/5 TKK.

Because you have the following:

Strong bonuses from collections (seasoned player)

Big pool of merits for refreshing opponents (seasoned player)

Strong pool of available gauntleteers (seasoned player)

And maybe some of the following:

Dilithium to refresh crew

Premium track to replenish merits

And most likely the following:

Denial that it would be in wrg’s best interest to manipulate gauntlet to maximize potential resource drain on players.

The answer to every question is money.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Denial that it would be in wrg’s best interest to manipulate gauntlet to maximize potential resource drain on players.

Good collections. I'm at 740 Immortals now and I try to prioritize collections.
    No. I still spend more merits on crew pulls than gauntlet.
    True. I have stated before you shouldn't expect to compete until you've done your 20000 gauntlet rounds for Locutus. It took me about 6 months to do this. The Gauntlet was technically less competitive back than but I didn't have conveniences like Retrieval or Gary Seven either. I have 17 out of the top 20 Gauntlet crew.
    Never.
    See point #2.
    Merits aren't readily available for purchase currently and my Gauntlet habits haven't changed since it was introduced. Play well until you get the crew you want, farm merits otherwise.
  • Options

True. I have stated before you shouldn't expect to compete until you've done your 20000 gauntlet rounds for Locutus. It took me about 6 months to do this. The Gauntlet was technically less competitive back than but I didn't have conveniences like Retrieval or Gary Seven either. I have 17 out of the top 20 Gauntlet crew.
    Never.
    See point #2.
    Merits aren't readily available for purchase currently and my Gauntlet habits haven't changed since it was introduced. Play well until you get the crew you want, farm merits otherwise.

I have 19 of the 20 best gauntlet crew. Strong collection bonuses, and have been playing this game since before gauntlet was part of it. I know how to play, and what im talking about.

Merits ARE readily available for purchase with the premium teack of the campaign.

Like i said, the crit chances displayed, and proficiency roll range displayed, which is what are used by players to determine if the match is winnable, are heavily HEAVILY skewed when you are on a battle with a loot box on the line. This is a fact.

The walls of gauntlet crew you face are beyond bullying. An example: you are in a “cmd” gauntlet, your one crew with med loses and is on cooldown timer. Use the merit refresh to see what skill pops up in battles the most. It will be med. if you want to prove me wrong, follow those specs and record your effort. Im working on my own litte expose that tou all will see soon enough.
  • Options

Never.
    See point #2.

Only speaking for myself but looks like I'm in the same boat as Ivanstone and getting the same results. I have lots of good gauntlet crew I've built as a long time player, I use merits liberally to find favorable matchups, I never ever use dil to refresh crew, and counting all merit sources I consistently end up with more merits at the end of the week than what I had at the beginning. I find it a challenge to get 45 gauntlet wins but I have been able to do it the final day of the objective event every single time without much heartburn. I think my expectations are appropriate - WRG advertised this type of event as 5/5 difficulty and I think that is accurate.

I do get frustrated with RNG in this game, but I think with the right resources and strategy the 45 gauntlet wins is very achievable for seasoned rosters.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Never.
    See point #2.

I have 19 of the 20 best gauntlet crew. Strong collection bonuses, and have been playing this game since before gauntlet was part of it. I know how to play, and what im talking about.

Merits ARE readily available for purchase with the premium teack of the campaign.

Like i said, the crit chances displayed, and proficiency roll range displayed, which is what are used by players to determine if the match is winnable, are heavily HEAVILY skewed when you are on a battle with a loot box on the line. This is a fact.

The walls of gauntlet crew you face are beyond bullying. An example: you are in a “cmd” gauntlet, your one crew with med loses and is on cooldown timer. Use the merit refresh to see what skill pops up in battles the most. It will be med. if you want to prove me wrong, follow those specs and record your effort. Im working on my own litte expose that tou all will see soon enough.

I collected 47 wins yesterday with inferior crew. I do think you’re doing it wrong.

The premium track isn’t readily available. It’s a fixed amount available once every 28 days. Furthermore, I spend merits buying crew pulls. That 8800 merits? In my brain that’s ~2000 honour.

The problem your outlining is a two way street. This isn’t a PVE event. This defensive advantage you think you’re seeing applies equally to you. Assuming you’re correct and this “problem” is fixed what happens? People lose a hell of a lot more in Gauntlet on defence. This would probably lead to very wild swings in position for most people.

Extraordinary evidence should at least resemble 1000s of points of data. Anything less will be hand waved.

In the mean time, everyone is getting a free 10 pack which I think is pretty fabulous.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I only have 10 of the 20 best gauntlet crew and I can manage it.

Comment moderated, there is a way to say things in a more neutral way :) ~Shan
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

I only have 10 of the 20 best gauntlet crew and I can manage it.

Comment moderated, there is a way to say things in a more neutral way :) ~Shan

sbp6uwpdugfk.png
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean because of the offerwall, I've played plenty of freemium games, most run weekly events and I usually don't get very high in those/nor complete them. So I think it is just right.
  • Options
    I mean because of the offerwall, I've played plenty of freemium games, most run weekly events and I usually don't get very high in those/nor complete them. So I think it is just right.

THE CREAM KING HAS SPOKEN. ALL HAIL.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any Olay offers and 4x weekend is coming up in the offerwall, This Sisko1 is very sad 😭
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now plan to blame Gerald the Hamster for all future issues.

If he gets too troublesome, I have a kitten with experience neutralizing hamsters. I had to bury ours yesterday. He got out and she got hold of him. It was probably more the stress than anything. She's only about three times his size, because he was a grown male and she's a baby still.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn’t he supposed to be called Sisko Olay?
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »

Isn’t he supposed to be called Sisko Olay?

Nope. Per The Timeline Talks, he is the Cream King.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now plan to blame Gerald the Hamster for all future issues.

If he gets too troublesome, I have a kitten with experience neutralizing hamsters. I had to bury ours yesterday. He got out and she got hold of him. It was probably more the stress than anything. She's only about three times his size, because he was a grown male and she's a baby still.

Stress. And fright. Hamsters, gerbils and guinea pigs can all just die of fright. Or because you say "Hi" to them.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m thinking of a way to tank at the Gauntlet portion. Mainly because I’m sick of playing it and I kinda want to see if I can get this done without the A-list cards. Also, maybe it’ll help out some people and break up the walls.

So I’m thinking no Gauntlet-exclusives, no Kahless, Surak, or Gary Seven. All B list or worse. Should make this challenging (I got my 45 wins for this OE on Tues; typically I’ve been getting it done early Wed).

I’m doing this mainly because I’m tired of the Gauntlet and this OE. I understand why we’re getting it on a Groundhog Day loop; but I’m burned out on it now and need a break.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭

Why not dumping the gauntlet all together and replace it, like solve 10 dilemmas within 2 days.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four left to go. And yen minutes or less to do them when cooldown is over.

He/she assumes that because he/she has NEVER had a loss because of a bad beat from RNG {and we all believe that 100%} no one else ever has either.

The Ignore button does wonders for people spewing nonsense and stuff.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Especially with how often ship/space battles fail the arena matches are risky and the gauntlet requires finding low reward wins and pacing them out...it just makes the event so grindy. I get people saying it isn't for new people, but we've basically had a month that "benefits" mature players except not really (I know I keep stockpiling the chron rewards and while 4* citations are nice, some 5* citations could be a real benefit)
  • Options
    edited June 2022

He/she assumes that because he/she has NEVER had a loss because of a bad beat from RNG {and we all believe that 100%} no one else ever has either.

The Ignore button does wonders for people spewing nonsense and stuff.
    I lose all the time. I remember losing match ups that should've been wins or seeing a 5% crit opponent go 3/3.

I also remember winning mirror matches when I had two levels of fatigue. RNG goes both ways.

I'm just pointing out that I get 20+ wins every day because I actively try to do well at the Gauntlet because I want the rewards. Loudly stating you know how to do Gauntlet and then failing at it makes me wonder if you're actually doing it right.

It helps that I remember people have been complaining about the Gauntlet since its release and I also remember when people run actual stats on it. The latter has consistently beat the former.

Finally, I can't remember the last time I managed to do a 15 win streak in one sitting. Guess I'm not as lucky as other posters....
    With a fifteen plus streak first time last night.

Where did you see me say that i fail at it? I said the thresholds for the OE were just fine.

It seems like youre intention is to be some kind of a chaivinist.

All i did was say that the numbers, odds, etc that are presented to the PLAYERS for them to make decisions about HOW THEY PLAY is not accurate. I have never failed to get the awards from the oe, or to place worse than 15th in the past 2 years.

So if thats failing i guess you can call me a dunce.