Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if the arena requirement is harder for some this week due to the Bridge bonuses.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if the arena requirement is harder for some this week due to the Bridge bonuses.

I don't think anyone is far enough for that to matter yet. But even if so, many of us will have switched to level 1 ships to help others anyway. I don't need these schematics, so you are all welcome to blast away at my level 1 ship.
    +1, and ditto.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

I don't think anyone is far enough for that to matter yet. But even if so, many of us will have switched to level 1 ships to help others anyway. I don't need these schematics, so you are all welcome to blast away at my level 1 ship.
    +1, and ditto.

+ 1 See above. I fully intend to leave drones in any division I'm not playing in. I won't take schematics someone else might actually need. I have more than my replicator can use now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my guess many of the players saying it is easy to get 45 gauntlet wins are doing nothing to help others win.

Like putting 2 or 3 low level prof crew in or like me leaving two skills empty (not the featured skill)

For those that are not bothering to play gauntlet, put all low level prof. crew in or only use 3 skills .

• Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    19/20.
    Then this happened on my very last battle, which was as far as I can tell, purely bad RNG.
    asv5r1d3mi4b.png

It would be nice if that screen showed the crew on the attacked ship. Maybe I didn't see someone who could somehow cause it to take no damage.
  • Options
    19/20.
    Then this happened on my very last battle, which was as far as I can tell, purely bad RNG.

Don't you only need 18 to complete the objective?
  • Options
    I should have worded it differently.
    I had 17 wins in 19 attempts.
    Then on the 20th, this loss
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mirror McCoy I wouldn't be too worried. With the OE extension, the Arena tickets will reset a second time. You should be able to get that last one in.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    @Mirror McCoy I wouldn't be too worried. With the OE extension, the Arena tickets will reset a second time. You should be able to get that last one in.

Depending on their time zone, the time between the reset and the end of the event might entirely pass while they're asleep (the event ends at 7AM EST, and I believe that's six hours after the Arena tickets reset).
  • Options
    Yep, I was pleasantly surprised to see it still going when I woke up. One quick battle and done.

I'd still like to be able to see who I fought. I'll post in Make It So.
  • Options
    19/20.
    asv5r1d3mi4b.png

It would be nice if that screen showed the crew on the attacked ship. Maybe I didn't see someone who could somehow cause it to take no damage.

Also remember since the FBB have been introduced. The person's bridge also contributes to the arena battles. And there is no way of being able to check, what bridge level the other person has also got. So if they have got a higher bridge level then you, that might also contributed to your lost.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do mirror-matches against other Cretons and win 90-95 purrcent. That's 20/20 or 19/20 every time this event is active. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smack Shenzhou around for the most part. Every once in a while a Borg Cube.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Aside from that I take a quick look at their crew as well. Lotta people use inefficient crew at the lower rungs. Or people who use fast activating hammers with cloaked ships. The latter combo isn't very good on defence.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Aside from that I take a quick look at their crew as well. Lotta people use inefficient crew at the lower rungs. Or people who use fast activating hammers with cloaked ships. The latter combo isn't very good on defence.

Or they throw Ardra in their crew, by the time her ability kicks in the battle is usually over.
  • Options
    19/20.
    asv5r1d3mi4b.png

Also remember since the FBB have been introduced. The person's bridge also contributes to the arena battles. And there is no way of being able to check, what bridge level the other person has also got. So if they have got a higher bridge level then you, that might also contributed to your lost.

The evasion and shield numbers update, but it isn't a great way to try and evaluate CB levels
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    For the first time since I started doing Nightmare I am actually stymied by the component we get from every Battle......

2dds13i5v31y.jpg

Felt kind of weird.

EDIT: Why is this in this thread?!?!?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, are going back to the other mid-week thing next week? Or can we start getting Schemes to level The Artifact for FBB?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    So, are going back to the other mid-week thing next week? Or can we start getting Schemes to level The Artifact for FBB?

new OE just dropped - its FBB focused
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

new OE just dropped - its FBB focused
    400 merits & 9 valor?
    1lpvld0y0yzj.png
    8gvohy6j005q.png
    0pwmj7mh9et2.png
    lhi6rh7bat0e.png
    latjvwbimnw0.gif
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, if you enter the OE with 4 saved Valor and regenerating 16 Valor in the 2 days of OE duration, you can have 20 battles (which is 3 of 4 thresholds). Doing 2 combos is a free Valor, the first three thresholds give 3 free Valor, so it's 24 total. The last threshold and the completion bonus is 5 Valor total (13 instead of 8 Valor for 300 Dilithium).

Those who really need the Valor and wanna help killing Ultra + Nightmare simeowtaneously ... purrhaps that's a way to do it.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    It’s a must spend dilithium event.

For me it’s start with 3.
    Complete the node portion.
    Get to 10 sometime Tuesday.
    Get to 15 Wednesday Morning.
    Late Wednesday evening I’m up to 23 spent.

So I’d have to spend 8 valour purchased with Dilithium to complete the event.

I’m not adverse to doing this but it’s not my preference to spend DIL on events.

On top of this there’s the issue of obtaining bonus valour because it will reset your valour timer. Because of the need to to maintain my timer at a more useable rate, I’ll have to use less efficient Full Auto builds some of the time.

Also I only have 3x4* Citations so I’m gonna need the other OE back real soon.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Start with 4 Valor = 4 battles.
    Gain one Valor every 3 hours.
    OE is 48 hours.
    That is 16 valour, which gets to 20 battles.

You get one valor for the node objective, and then one for 10, 15, 20.
    That's a maximum of 24 battles.

Now unless I have majorly miscalculated (and I would welcome being wrong)... That has automatically stopped me from completing the event unless I spend dilithium.

This is a time I welcome being wrong?
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    OE is 48 hours.

Even with perfect timing, you get the last valour the same moment the event ends. So you only have 19 battles.

• Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    OE is 48 hours.

Even with perfect timing, you get the last valour the same moment the event ends. So you only have 19 battles.

I was trying to be optimistic :D
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    OE is 48 hours.

It’s 22 valour. You’ll get 3 bonus valour from the 2nd Node, 10 Attack and 15 Attack objectives.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way... I'm screwed, right?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    OE is 48 hours.

It’s 22 valour. You’ll get 3 bonus valour from the 2nd Node, 10 Attack and 15 Attack objectives.

So that means spending dilithium twice to refill valor, in order to achieve the 30 attack requirement?

This will likely be the first OE that I don't complete. The rewards aren't worth the dil drain.

I’ve spent DIL on boss battles before. I prefer not to but doing so let’s me experiment with different things.

I could spend 300 DIL and get 17 Valour. I imagine some fleetmates would do the same and we crush the boss faster than normal for extra rewards.