Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    The rewards aren't worth the effort in my opinion. 400 merits is ridiculous low and while extra valor is nice it's just not enough.

All other OE so far we have been able to complete without Dil and I hope wrg reconsider the reward tiers.

Maybe do 5, 10, 15 and 20 attacks.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, are going back to the other mid-week thing next week? Or can we start getting Schemes to level The Artifact for FBB?

new OE just dropped - its FBB focused
    400 merits & 9 valor?
    1lpvld0y0yzj.png
    8gvohy6j005q.png
    0pwmj7mh9et2.png
    lhi6rh7bat0e.png
    latjvwbimnw0.gif

Well, it is stuff we do in the actual FBB. Versus the other thing needing 10,000 Chronitons to do.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we start at 4 valor, and are awake at the exact event start time to earn the max 16 valor(realistically 15) we have 19 valor total.

You can earn 1 valor from the combo node.

Then another 3 from the 10,15,20 attack level.

That means 23 attacks max. And then you need to buy valor twice to earn 5 valor(1 at 30 and 4 to complete). That's a giant no.

An event who's only purpose is to get us to spend DIL for more of the thing we need to spend DIL on. Why even bother.

This event only makes sense for people already buying DIL.

Oh and if you are asleep when the event starts, so you lose 6 hours of accrual, you need to pay even more DIL for it.
  • Options
    My Fleet needs new members, fleet name is Shieldbreakers.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Also worth noting, there aren't enough nodes across two battles for everyone in the fleet to solve two. That's even assuming everybody restricts themselves to just solving two, which isn't going to happen.

On Nightmare mode for example, there are 23 nodes per battle. Which means, best case scenario, 23 players can complete the OE.

WRG just don't think before releasing stuff.
    You could start the lower difficulty bosses, and solve nodes there. Not the best use for Valor, but it's an option
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    Also worth noting, there aren't enough nodes across two battles for everyone in the fleet to solve two. That's even assuming everybody restricts themselves to just solving two, which isn't going to happen.

On Nightmare mode for example, there are 23 nodes per battle. Which means, best case scenario, 23 players can complete the OE.

WRG just don't think before releasing stuff.
    You could start the lower difficulty bosses, and solve nodes there. Not the best use for Valor, but it's an option

Which hurts the fleet's chances of completing nightmare mode, which is what we need right now if we're going to improve our captain's bridges.

Besides, the rewards are just not good enough to put that kind of effort into.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, are going back to the other mid-week thing next week? Or can we start getting Schemes to level The Artifact for FBB?

400 merits & 9 valor?
    1lpvld0y0yzj.png
    8gvohy6j005q.png
    0pwmj7mh9et2.png
    lhi6rh7bat0e.png
    latjvwbimnw0.gif

Well, it is stuff we do in the actual FBB. Versus the other thing needing 10,000 Chronitons to do.
    Everything in the game is optional, when you stop and think about it. I choose not to use dil for this part of it right now. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Technically, if you enter the OE with 4 saved Valor and regenerating 16 Valor in the 2 days of OE duration, you can have 20 battles (which is 3 of 4 thresholds). Doing 2 combos is a free Valor, the first three thresholds give 3 free Valor, so it's 24 total. The last threshold and the completion bonus is 5 Valor total (13 instead of 8 Valor for 300 Dilithium).

Those who really need the Valor and wanna help killing Ultra + Nightmare simeowtaneously ... purrhaps that's a way to do it.

I feel like Gerald Ford here: "It was my understanding that there would be no math." :D

Yeah, given how the math adds up, and the general lack of unique rewards, this OE looks much less appealing than others.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't say that I purrticularly like this boss-themed mini-event, in fact, I just might do the 2 nodes and at most the 20 battles, but I won't spend dilithium on it.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the Event hasn't started. I just cleared a Node to finish a Row, then on the next row, I had TWO clear in one try!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

That's my main issue with it. Boss battles are supposed to be a fleet effort where players communicate and apply a shared strategy to get the best results for everyone. This OE is basically asking them to do the opposite if they want the rewards.
  • Options
    I have been wondering whether they plan to give out another merits+10 Valor pack to go with the new OE, which would make it possible to complete without dil.

(Dear WRG: if you were already planning that, please say so so that everyone can put down their pitchforks. And if you weren't, please change your mind as it is much better when OEs are doable even for F2P players.)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

400 merits & 9 valor?
    1lpvld0y0yzj.png
    8gvohy6j005q.png
    0pwmj7mh9et2.png
    lhi6rh7bat0e.png
    latjvwbimnw0.gif

Everything in the game is optional, when you stop and think about it. I choose not to use dil for this part of it right now. YMMV

I 100% agree with this statement. But what's off about this one is that you're actually net worse off if you spend the dilithium to complete it - the rewards you get for spending (more valor) are worth less than what you spent dilithium to get to be able to complete it.

You need to spend 300 dilithium to get the valor required to finish the final milestone, but you only get 1 valor for that milestone, plus an additional 4 for competing the event.

They're literally preying on people here.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, I appreciate the fact the TP is trying different things, that is a positive. :) The chrono event, while not for everyone, was great for me. Took all of 10 minutes to farm for next galaxy event and retrieved 2 5*s (final * for Maco May and 1st for Swimmer Xindi). Coming off 2 chrono heavy events however (finished 10th and 8th) combined spend on these 3 was in excess of 120k so won't be doing that again for a while.

As a suggestion maybe TP could ask the people that actually play (and pay) the game for some ideas. Sure, they will be some spend 50 chrono get 5* cite ideas they would have to wade through, but they might also get some really good ones too.

As for valor event, good idea but from the outside doesn't quite seem like it was thought all the way through. Will see where I end up through normal gameplay, but prolly won't go out of my way to finish it.

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I like that they're experimenting with OEs. Some are hits and some are misses. I think it's a good idea in general for OEs to give players the option to more or less trade a type of resource for another type, which is the case for this FBB one and the chron one. However I agree with what many of said above - spending dil to get more valor is something we can already do, so I don't think this one was well thought out and I'm just going to play FBB normally.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Well, my fleet is already having problems with not having enough Mag to level their bridge at times and those people are battle mining. Basically, they play one run in the other three difficulties to get the basic rewards to catch up. They then play Hard with the rest of us. I may have to myself at some point. I'm just breaking even on level six Bridge. The lowest damage rank is the same across all the difficulty levels. If a player can't always earn above this, mining makes sense. I don't suppose they would consider sweetening those rewards as the difficulties go up, just a little? Just go up in small increments with each level- say...10 Honor, 1 Trainer, 1000 credits, and 1 Mag per each level of higher difficulty. So 60 Honor for Normal, 70 for Hard, 80 for Brutal, 90 for Nightmare, and, maybe at that elusive Bitrium I into the personal damage at U-N levels? That might improve things for a lot of people without being too generous.
    I, as Admiral, have no problem with mining. This is newer, lower level players that don't have the ships or crew to wrack up damage it higher levels. They do clear nodes for us frequently, since they have higher numbers of lower rarity crew still in quarters. We beat Hard once a day.
    We've gotten to the point we agree that Brutal is beyond us just now, so we are letting people catch up on Bridges and build ships and crew. We might try in a few weeks. We're patient.
    We have eleven open spots over at Starfleet Troopers. If someone wants a no pressure fleet, join us. Battle today. Don't battle. Up to you.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I go t to say the reward structure vs the dill that we have to spend makes this event a no go, I will just do what it takes for a boss battle but I am not in the mood to be spending large amounts of dill. Not to mention having to solve to combo's and not everybody in the fleet is going to get that chance. Somebody did not think well when putting this together. That is all.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why limiting who can open FBB is a good idea. This is right now in ours:

dub0jopl4f5j.jpg
    hafk1b1tv4df.jpg
    Herding feral cats is totally a thing, Scott.

4kblj5xwurek.gif

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Why limiting who can open FBB is a good idea. This is right now in ours:

dub0jopl4f5j.jpg
    hafk1b1tv4df.jpg

This almost has to be a thing for this sort of midweek event though, since otherwise there may not be enough nodes to go around. It's almost like the best approach would be to forget about trying to defeat an enemy and just allow people to go for nodes.

Of course, this is yet another example of a midweek event working completely counter to how the game should be played and the spirit of various game mechanics.

I completed the node clearing objective and will hit 20 attacks, but won't even bother going for the 30 attacks objective. The rewards aren't worth the required dilithium investment.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just had someone in the fleet open every boss battle to go hunt for nodes to complete for the OE. All while wasting valor that should have been used on the boss the fleet was targeting.

Thanks again for a poorly designed OE that encourages selfish behavior over fleet cooperation.
  • Options
    And now they're doing that event again next week, with no changes as far as I can tell. What is even the point of having feedback threads if WRG just does the opposite of what players recommend?
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now they're doing that event again next week, with no changes as far as I can tell. What is even the point of having feedback threads if WRG just does the opposite of what players recommend?

I'd imagine that this OE is scheduled to gauge player interaction, as one OE is probably not enough for meaningful data. No doubt players that did do it have devised strategies for it and WRG want to see the new data.
    But yes, I don't care for the FBB OE in it's current incarnation either, too much for too little. But I don't begrudge WRG for testing things out.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Feedback is always useful, but that does not mean it warrants immediate changes, most of the times that would not be logical and potentially unhealthy for the game.

That event has run only once, and we want to look at more data.

I'm repurposing the thread below to collect feedback on that specific event, so please feel free to add to it but remember that forum members are only a part of the larger player base.

That being said a good amount of you have great insights, having been with us for so long, so share away :) Thank you! http://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19729/fleet-boss-offensive-oe-feedback-thread/