Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does a yone know at which bridge level Bilitrium becomes neccesary?
  • Options
    Someone in my fleet said they heard from someone else that it was level 7.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Level 7

m03w5p8mejr9.png
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who participates should get rewards. Everyone who plays gauntlet gets rewards. Everyone who plays arena gets rewards. Everyone who plays events gets rewards. How WRG could spend months on this feature supposedly for fleets but leave out rewards for most of the fleet is ridiculous. Change the reward structure or lose players.

100% agreed. A lot of fleets pride themselves on helping out lower level players. Making sure everyone who participates has access to the all-fleet rewards, even if their personal rewards are minimal, would fit much better with that sort of ethos. As it stands at the moment, people have to either deliberately stop playing to avoid being accidentally "greedy" and stopping other people earning rewards, or play at the lower levels which are a lot less fun because of all the constant back and forth in cryo to help out the people who can't reach the damage threshold on the higher ones.

I do not know if anyone has made this suggestion. But if a fleet destroys the boss, maybe the whole fleet should be rewarded with the top tier rewards.

Only use the damage rewards tier when they fail to destroy the boss. Not sure how that works with those that score a combo. Maybe the solution there is anyone making a combo gets the top tier reward.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Everyone who participates should get rewards. Everyone who plays gauntlet gets rewards. Everyone who plays arena gets rewards. Everyone who plays events gets rewards. How WRG could spend months on this feature supposedly for fleets but leave out rewards for most of the fleet is ridiculous. Change the reward structure or lose players.

100% agreed. A lot of fleets pride themselves on helping out lower level players. Making sure everyone who participates has access to the all-fleet rewards, even if their personal rewards are minimal, would fit much better with that sort of ethos. As it stands at the moment, people have to either deliberately stop playing to avoid being accidentally "greedy" and stopping other people earning rewards, or play at the lower levels which are a lot less fun because of all the constant back and forth in cryo to help out the people who can't reach the damage threshold on the higher ones.

I do not know if anyone has made this suggestion. But if a fleet destroys the boss, maybe the whole fleet should be rewarded with the top tier rewards.

Only use the damage rewards tier when they fail to destroy the boss. Not sure how that works with those that score a combo. Maybe the solution there is anyone making a combo gets the top tier reward.

Yes. I think fleet boss battles should benefit the fleet.

So, if that means that the rewards are evenly distributed across the fleet for successfully beating the boss, that would be the best.

Its not as though replicator rations are awarded to the fleet members based on how many components were donated.

Its not as though new fleet members DONT get starbase buffs and bonuses because they didnt contribute to acquiring them.

Fleet boss battles should be a badge of honor for the whole fleet, with the best bonuses and rewards (bridge builds and buffs) available for EVERYONE in the fleet, and then have rewards that encourage the whales or moderate spenders to contribute more than everyone else, but make tjose rewards tiered and obtainable by anyone.

But i really want to echo, think about how horrible it would be if the only way you got starbase buffs was if you were there from day one to lvl 134!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main complaint right now is that I have to restart the game EVERY TIME I pick it up to refresh the FBB. They don't seem to update in the background, and I am sure I have lost rewards because of that.

iOS 15.5 on 3 devices: iPad, iPad Air and iPhone 12 Pro. All have the same problem. If you leave the app running, and come back to it going into FBB to check status, and the boss battle is finished, it doesn't tell you it's finished and moved on, nor does it give you rewards, and it throws you right into the current battle.

This would seem to indicate a server side issue more than client side.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun day 1. Now I question if it's worth my time to contribute to the battle if I'm not going to hit the ridiculous minimum thresholds. Doesn't really inspire me to help the fleet. It's a really nice feeling to be basically told "you didn't work hard enough or buy enough extra tickets to qualify for the rewards."
  • Options
    Apologies if someone has allready asked this or it’s been answered. But, can you unlock one node and then go and unlock another later? This message implies that you can’t.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jairzinho2 wrote: »
    Apologies if someone has allready asked this or it’s been answered. But, can you unlock one node and then go and unlock another later? This message implies that you can’t.
    You cannot unlock another node on the same combo chain, but you can unlock a node (or nodes) on subsequent chains.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Otto wrote: »
    6i7kc5itxcul.jpg

And YES, dear Nynn, you are very right!

Why is Ben not wearing a shirt? :o;):D
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    rypvp59z2vcp.png

I think I found one of those "no matches" scenarios. I calculated that the only crew (Brutal, Common to SR) matching Physician + 2 of the possible traits is Mirror Phlox (Physician+Interrogator+Mirror Universe), but he didn't unlock it.

If I'm indeed right, I think this is a huge problem, since Valor is so scarce and we are wasting in a wild goose chase. If the possible traits can be anything outside of shown possible traits, the hints are meaningless.

PS: I realize now that the bug is probably that Starfleet is twice in the possible traits, and is in both cases greyed out, but it was actually consumed twice. I wasted valor anyway in what I thought was a sure shot
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Kanon wrote: »
    rypvp59z2vcp.png

I think I found one of those "no matches" scenarios. I calculated that the only crew (Brutal, Common to SR) matching Physician + 2 of the possible traits is Mirror Phlox (Physician+Interrogator+Mirror Universe), but he didn't unlock it.

If I'm indeed right, I think this is a huge problem, since Valor is so scarce and we are wasting in a wild goose chase. If the possible traits can be anything outside of shown possible traits, the hints are meaningless.

PS: I realize now that the bug is probably that Starfleet is twice in the possible traits, and is in both cases greyed out, but it was actually consumed twice. I wasted valor anyway in what I thought was a sure shot

You're right about Starfleet. When a trait appears in the list twice they will both be greyed out when you match one of them. It actually seems like the only time a trait appears twice is if you need to use both of them, so in this case it means that the missing solution has to be Physician+Starfleet+something.

It took us a few battles before we worked this one out too. It's incredibly annoying when both copies of the trait are greyed out, as it's actually indicating the exact opposite of reality (i.e. it's telling you not to use that trait when in reality you absolutely have to).
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my fleet has decided to stay on the Hard level for a while to build up all our collective bridge boosts, etc.

In doing so, we are completing it more quickly each time, and if you compete and have enough points, then an entire battle goes by, and they start a 3rd, you lose any rewards you might have had. Not good.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I will admit that I kinda liked the personal rewards at first but now I agree with a lot of other commentors that it creates competition in the fleet instead of cooperation. I would recommend only having the fleet rewards and move the personal rewards to be with the fleet rewards, eliminate the trainers/replicator rations and replace them with a lot more merits. The fleet reward structure should be something like: 1/5% to 25%, 25% to 50%, 50% to 75%, and 75% to 99% and a large bonus for betting the boss. Give the people that unlock a combo link a bonus if the combo chain is completed as a replacement for the elimination of the personal reward track.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    We beat the boss while I was asleep and I got zero rewards. I was in the top 5 in damage with just a little bit left. This stinks. We beat one yesterday too and I was on then and it said we were getting rewards but it didn’t move my captains bridge at all. Is there a place to claim rewards somewhere on a previous boss that I am missing?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my fleet has decided to stay on the Hard level for a while to build up all our collective bridge boosts, etc.

In doing so, we are completing it more quickly each time, and if you compete and have enough points, then an entire battle goes by, and they start a 3rd, you lose any rewards you might have had. Not good.

Same here
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it didn't matter how many people caused over x amount of damage, everyone in that bracket got y. The ranks don't really mean anything. The rewards aren't rank based. They are bracket based. The board really should have the brackets marked. I misread the numbers and got nothing once already.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiRo wrote: »
    IMHO, it's going too far design-wise to require three different resources for bridge upgrades. That makes it really hard, bordering on impossible, for members of average fleets to ever get their bridges completed or even up to a decent level, while they'll "swim" in magnesite, and so takes away their incentive to play boss battles at all. I believe it would have been a better design to use a single resource for those upgrades, then at least you could grind it little by little.

It's the same thing they did with starbases. Create multiple resources to appear like you're gaining, but then limit progress by making one of the resources rarer so you can only advance as fast as you can gain that resource.
  • Options
    sorry if repeating, but there needs to be a way to search by more than one trait. Or at least show the traits on the screen when you look at frozen crew.
  • Options
    RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    sorry if repeating, but there needs to be a way to search by more than one trait. Or at least show the traits on the screen when you look at frozen crew.

Ironically, you're repeating something that was already said by one of the devs. (Or at least someone who was playtesting with devs before the beta started.)
    xssb6e5ynghy.png
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Ironically, you're repeating something that was already said by one of the devs. (Or at least someone who was playtesting with devs before the beta started.)
    xssb6e5ynghy.png

To be fair, they've forced us to use external, non-sanctioned tools for years just to have a reliable fleet/squad chat. Trait searching seems like small potatoes compared to that.

QoL-wise, I have already given up working on combos if I am on my phone. I have to be in front of a PC if I am going to work combos. If I'm on my phone, I'm just going to spam damage.

That assumes I have merits to help with combo nodes anyway. I pissed away 25k merits already. Shocking how fast it goes....
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)