Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    1y862irosumt.jpeg

Unfortunately it looks like the only match here with Ambassador is Vedala…which is only available on next week’s event reward crew :confused:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    1y862irosumt.jpeg

Unfortunately it looks like the only match here with Ambassador is Vedala…which is only available on next week’s event reward crew :confused:

..and its a 5* so won't work on this level boss anyway :/:|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda surprised I haven't ran into that yet with all the battles. Must bring joy
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing, and I had a nodes with three traits, one shown and two hidden.

No nodes had been cleared in the combo.

I selected several crew with different matching traits and attempted to clear several nodes in one go. I cleared two of them.

One of the nodes I cleared had the traits Physician, Hero, Human.
    One of my crew had Physician and Human (It was a Bashir).
    Another crew had the Hero trait.

Between them they cleared the node.

@Shan

Is this intended behaviour?
    Is it a bug that happens sometimes?
    Is is likely to stay in the Fleet Battles?, i.e. can we aim to use multiple crew to match different traits on the same node?

It is intended, it was covered in the FAQ :)

Thanks Shan. Everything I had seen implied one crew had to have both, or all three traits.
    It's definitely crew specific. Traits only hint to which crew it could be.

Not in my experience. This was the second time I had seen it happen. Which is why I was specifically looking out for it.

I guess it is designed so that the traits for a node come from one specific crew, but others can clear it.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    1y862irosumt.jpeg

Look for Ambassador + Hero. It's greyed out twice, but consumed only once (it's a known bug)
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Kanon wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought we were looking for specific crew for a node, not any crew that matches the hidden traits.

This changes a lot

I'm glad you and other finally found it.

but 5 days ago...
    Peets wrote: »
    Don't forget, you don't need a specific crew to unlock nodes. Just the two/three or more traits in one crew.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    1y862irosumt.jpeg

If we run into this on nightmare or higher, I fully expect to get the full rewards in a ticket. No crew should be in here that wasn't at LEAST an event crew, if not in the portal. Especially since using the crew retrieval is the only way we can actually search for matching crew.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    1y862irosumt.jpeg

If we run into this on nightmare or higher, I fully expect to get the full rewards in a ticket. No crew should be in here that wasn't at LEAST an event crew, if not in the portal. Especially since using the crew retrieval is the only way we can actually search for matching crew.

We got it, the HERO trait is listed twice. It was "used" once in a node, but both were grayed out. We gave it a shot and used another "hero" crew and it cleared the 2nd node. So be aware, traits listed more than once can be used more than once even if grayed out. This does need to be fixed please.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    In some ways, it would become easier as we just find crew with the most in scope traits and throw them at it, but this doesn't agree what I've seen in gameplay, the FAQ, and the official videos of the feature.

That absolutely agrees with what I'm experienced in my fleet's gameplay, on many separate occasions. For example, there was one time when we unlocked a Caregiver / Prisoner node by using Dress Uniform Beverly Crusher (who has Caregiver) and Martia (who has Prisoner). That happened in a Hard battle, and the only 4* crew in the game that has both Caregiver and Prisoner was Mintakan Troi, but Mintakan Troi was not on the ship of the player who unlocked the node. Two other crew who each had one of the correct traits were.

And there have been a myriad of other occasions when we ruled out traits as being the correct ones because we tried it with traits spanning multiple crew, and never once have we ever had to say "oh wait, it actually was one of those traits we thought we ruled out." One time, a node with three traits had 11 possible matches after we unlocked all the other traits, so we put together a crew that covered 10 of those traits, and it didn't unlock the node. Sure enough, the correct answer included the 11th trait that we didn't try, not 3 of those 10 traits all on the same crewmember.
    It's crew specific. I'll use Maco Reed and Maco Mayweather. I used Reed first, no go, Mayweather next, win. Both had the same traits. It's looking for crew. It is probably because I never use the trait screen does it make more sense to me. I look at the trait screen but then add crew in the ship selection screen.

Unless you didn't put any other crew on your ship either time, then it's probable that you just had a different crew the second time that matched a correct trait that Reed didn't have. Multiple people have confirmed in this thread that you can unlock a node with traits spread out over multiple crew, beyond the firsthand experience I've had with it in my own fleet. Either this feature is functioning different in your fleet than it is for others, or you're just mistaken.
  • Options
    Ah excellent. A bug but not a deal breaker.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, our fleet is doesn't appear to be able to beat normal without spending $$$$ so once I "max" out my bridge I don't see any point in continuing to try.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    1y862irosumt.jpeg

My fleet did run into this on a Nightmare boss. I think it was the 2nd combo chain. Our fleet leader posted to CS. Dunno the result.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard is 137.5% more hit points than the next lowest tier. Why is Brutal 522% more hit points than the next lowest tier? That is a huge jump.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Once most hit captains bridge 7, nightmare became a must. After 4 days of farming it, its clear Dil is needed each time. And you don't get the needed rewards at 75%, it has to fully go boom boom.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once most hit captains bridge 7, nightmare became a must. After 4 days of farming it, its clear Dil is needed each time. And you don't get the needed rewards at 75%, it has to fully go boom boom.

Well that stinks. I want to be able to use my legendary ships and crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that stinks. I want to be able to use my legendary ships and crew.

You're going to have to. Or have your bridge get stuck. There are more resource types needed to upgrade higher level bridges. It sounds like once you hit level 7 you need to run nightmare to earn that resource.

I'm hopeful we'll still be able to beat it without Dil. But if nightmare needs Dil then this ever feature will need a rebalancing.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    You can get Bilitrum on brutal. Isn't that what you need at lvl 7?
  • Options

Except that ships do a lot less damage (4* ships, high boss attack) than they do with 5* ships and 5* crew on Nightmare. So even though it looks like a better play, its nearly as bad, and the magnesite rewards aren't there, so you are going to end up running out of magnesite trying to run brutal only
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Yeah, our fleet is doesn't appear to be able to beat normal without spending $$$$ so once I "max" out my bridge I don't see any point in continuing to try.

It’s actually worse you can’t get past lvl 6 without moving up to brutal/nightmare which will start costing even more $$$$
  • Options
    One more idea: If you AT LEAST give out biltrium the same way you give out kemosite, 1 at 50%, 2 at 75%, 3 at 100%, then we could grind out the nodes as a fleet each day and at least get one biltrium. That would help a lot too
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Except that ships do a lot less damage (4* ships, high boss attack) than they do with 5* ships and 5* crew on Nightmare. So even though it looks like a better play, its nearly as bad, and the magnesite rewards aren't there, so you are going to end up running out of magnesite trying to run brutal only

Ah, I see. Lots of grinding.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    If it's not meant to be a single crew, why is that what's filtered on the combo screen?

There will exist a single crew with the combo traits.
    You just do not have to have that crew. You can have two crew that can combine to get that trait.

I am on Normal. Looking at the list of traits I had, only 10 traits that were possible.
    I looked at the list , if they did not have a crew that matched one of the seat traits. I eliminated that trait as possible.

The 10 traits left 4 were on the seats. I came up with three crew that had all those triats. I unlocked all 4 combos.

Keep in mind. If the trait is duplicated you only need one with the trait. (But it also seems that it is a must trait).

Also if combos are already unlocked, look for duplicate traits on list and make sure that the same number are on the unlocked seats. If, not you probably will need that trait.

@Shan
    I have been able to deduce all the so far based on the assumption, a crew will exit with the combo traits. So, I do think a crew exists, but one does not need to have that crew. I have been using the existence of a crew , to eliminate traits that do not natch with the ones on seat. It has been working. And, I have yet to run into it not.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I believe there is a bug with "Reduce Damage Taken from Boss I"
    The first time I saw it I upgraded it 3 times on all 3 of my accounts. The damage I was doing went down from the previous day on all accounts and I should have done more not less. Today I upgrade the last step, so now all 4 upgrades of it. And, my damage went down not by much , but again on all 3 accounts.

If there is a level II and I can reach it I will test this to see if I am right.

Edit: just thought of this. I am on normal difficulty yesterday with Kang, Tuvok, O'Brien on Klingon battle cruiser, I would sometimes reach a 3rd use of Kang. This has not happened at all for me today, and my 'Hull I' is upgraded to max but yesterday it was not upgraded at all.
    Not sure now, maybe 'Hull I' was maxed. Yes it was maxed yesterday. But still I should have out of 13 battles at least gotten,Kang to activate a 3rd time, once.
    It happened quite a few times yesterday. (It might have been everytime, just that it did not last long)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    The first time I saw it I upgraded it 3 times on all 3 of my accounts. The damage I was doing went down from the previous day on all accounts and I should have done more not less. Today I upgrade the last step, so now all 4 upgrades of it. And, my damage went down not by much , but again on all 3 accounts.

If there is a level II and I can reach it I will test this to see if I am right.

Edit: just thought of this. I am on normal difficulty yesterday with Kang, Tuvok, O'Brien on Klingon battle cruiser, I would sometimes reach a 3rd use of Kang. This has not happened at all for me today, and my 'Hull I' is upgraded to max but yesterday it was not upgraded at all.
    Not sure now, maybe Hull I was maxed.

I also observed some cases of the boss firing and dealing no damage. I wasn't sure if the reduce damage was supposed to reduce by that percent or provide a percent chance of no damage.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Not sure now, maybe Hull I was maxed.

I also observed some cases of the boss firing and dealing no damage. I wasn't sure if the reduce damage was supposed to reduce by that percent or provide a percent chance of no damage.

I noticed what you are talking about here. Someone snapped a screenshot ,probably from a video they took, showing they evaded a shot.

But what I have noticed is that on Easy I was continually exceeding 300k except once was 298k. The next day after I upgraded and got all of reward 1, I did 3 upgrades to reduce damage from boss. I could not exceed 300k with the same crew and ship. Then, the next battle after upgrading 'Hull I' 4 times, compared to the same crew today, after doing that final reduced boss damage upgrade, is doing about 10k less damage on the average.

What could explain this behavior is if the boss is damaging me more not less.
    So I do not last as long in battle. And, I definitely am observing that I do not last as long in battle.