Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    This whole combo chain thing is a fiasco. Just eliminate it completely. It forces you to use a crew that gives poor results when your typical arena crew usually gives you far better damage results. We want to kill bosses, not use up all our resources thawing a dozen crew every day. Just getting your entire fleet to cooperate and attack the same level boss is challenging enough.

We've stopped doing combo chains in our fleet and everyone's doing better because of it.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I think there is something amiss with the combat.
    On Normal I switch Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy with O'Brien and I do on the average 300k less damage. However, McCoy repairs shields by 10% more than O'Brien over the course of the battle.

O'Brien's passive skills.

Acc=290, CR=74, Eva=74

This implies that 74 improvement in Critical Rating is the difference.

Edit: I will have to wait until tomorrow but Commander Scott should be better yet, then. Does the same amount of shield repair ( I am only getting two uses of O'Brien) but better critical rating and also critical bonus.

If this works out Normal Difficulty best for me will be.
    Kang, EV Suit Tuvok(does 90K more than Neelix in boss damage), Commander Scott on the Klingon Battlecruiser.

First activate the cloak, click Kang click the first ship ability (immediate damage), wait for damage click Scott, click Tuvok ( needs 2 second pause after Kang), click auto. If you last long enough for a 3rd activation of Kang click him immediately, auto wants to wait for cloak.

Edit: I made mistake Scott does hull repair but does seem to work better than O'Brien for the damage I do to boss.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combo chains, things I don't understand:

1) when I click on one, crew pop up as options but are locked because they're engaged in a fleet boss battle. So, then, they're unusable for unlocking the chain? I don't understand. Why would they be locked out for doing the thing I'm trying to use them for?

2) Which leads me here, can I only unlock a combo if it's from the combo chain screen? Or if I happen to use the right crew on my battle by accident will it unlock?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    dext74 wrote: »
    Combo chains, things I don't understand:

1) when I click on one, crew pop up as options but are locked because they're engaged in a fleet boss battle. So, then, they're unusable for unlocking the chain? I don't understand. Why would they be locked out for doing the thing I'm trying to use them for?

2) Which leads me here, can I only unlock a combo if it's from the combo chain screen? Or if I happen to use the right crew on my battle by accident will it unlock?

1)
    There is a bug that leaves crew in the ship that battles last.

2) you do not have to use combo view to unlock combos.
    Also two crew can combine on traits to unlock one node.
    That means all the traits of the crew you are using in combat have been tried.
    So any unlocked combos need another trait from the list that was not used.
    Keep in mind there may be duplicate traits on the list. Count how many times the trait was used to unlock combo nodes, if there are more greyed out than what was used to unlock combos, it most likely is needed for a remaining combo.

Edit: I looked at the combo screen to determine which two crew I wanted to try. I just hit attack and seated those two. I unlocked 3 nodes , leaving one. This was done on Easy, however, I do it now on Normal too. Sometimes I use the combo screen, but I usually can figure from the combo screen two crew I want to use, but then the third usually leads me to the freezer and when i come back I just hit attack and set the 3 myself.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we absolutely HAVE to beat nightmare/ultra nightmare to advance levels, we really need to either remove or double the 24hr timer. It requires waaaay too much coordination to pull off an assault. I'm in a top tier active/competitive fleet and even nightmare is really pushing it to complete in 24 hours. It would be ok if it was a special once a week thing with a large reward. But as a daily grind thing, I'm worried if we start missing it, people will just stop doing boss battles.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The x to get out of the bridge is too small. Especially with the UI being inconsistent and the phone back triggering a game quit from that screen.jja7o8tohm5u.jpg

When you factor in screens having a curve and cutting off the corner, that x is REALLY hard to click

They just need to add the same "screensafe" border as on the left side. Solved.

Not beautiful on "TouchID" Phones, but the only thing working for all phones with a Notch for camera faceID
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was playing, and I had a nodes with three traits, one shown and two hidden.

No nodes had been cleared in the combo.

I selected several crew with different matching traits and attempted to clear several nodes in one go. I cleared two of them.

One of the nodes I cleared had the traits Physician, Hero, Human.
    One of my crew had Physician and Human (It was a Bashir).
    Another crew had the Hero trait.

Between them they cleared the node.

@Shan

Is this intended behaviour?
    Is it a bug that happens sometimes?
    Is is likely to stay in the Fleet Battles?, i.e. can we aim to use multiple crew to match different traits on the same node?
  • Options
    - There are not enough Schematics for the USS Constellation to get to ship level 10, and there are no other sources for this item. Please fix!

This is a huge issue. Having a 5* ship at 9/10 is basically useless for a lot of players.
  • Options
    - There are not enough Schematics for the USS Constellation to get to ship level 10, and there are no other sources for this item. Please fix!

This is a huge issue. Having a 5* ship at 9/10 is basically useless for a lot of players.

The issue is that it has not been thought through.
    It would have been so simple just to check that the Bridge awarded enough schematics.

• Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    One issue is also that Hard and Brutal have exactly the same crew you use to run against them, with the same amount of damage you do per run, but Brutal requiring a lot more total damage for defeat and for personal rewards, so you need a lot more runs and therefore the fleet may easily defeat Hard but can't get Brutal at all unless everyone buys more Valor.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Solution for merit burn:

Reimburse us 200 merits for every crew we freeze. WRG can still get the escalating thaw costs, but at least we get SOMETHING.
  • Options
    Was it RAF Bashir? He has all three traits.

I agree, if we're not looking for a single crew with the 2-3 traits on one node then that changes the game. In some ways, it would become easier as we just find crew with the most in scope traits and throw them at it, but this doesn't agree what I've seen in gameplay, the FAQ, and the official videos of the feature.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I thought we were looking for specific crew for a node, not any crew that matches the hidden traits.

This changes a lot
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    If it's not meant to be a single crew, why is that what's filtered on the combo screen?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I agree, if we're not looking for a single crew with the 2-3 traits on one node then that changes the game. In some ways, it would become easier as we just find crew with the most in scope traits and throw them at it, but this doesn't agree what I've seen in gameplay, the FAQ, and the official videos of the feature.
    Indeed. If that is the case, then I will thaw out 4* Mintakan Troi and might never freeze her again. Some clarification on this point would be welcome at the @WRG Team 's earliest convenience. Thanks in advance! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely crew specific. Traits only hint to which crew it could be.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's currently not crew specific. Enough people have matched across crew that we can be sure that's how it's working. What we don't know is how it was intended to be working and if this is a bug or a poorly explained feature.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

It's currently not crew specific. Enough people have matched across crew that we can be sure that's how it's working. What we don't know is how it was intended to be working and if this is a bug or a poorly explained feature.

It's weird, because I agree that now it's not specific, 'cause some combos are a needle in a haystack (every time Human, Federation, Starfleet, Civilian pops up, the pool of possible crew is huge) and they are solved against all ods.

BUT

I'm pretty sure at some point, there was a node, with only 2 possible crew in the game, both with the same combination of traits, and one didn't work, we had to use the other.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    It's crew specific. I'll use Maco Reed and Maco Mayweather. I used Reed first, no go, Mayweather next, win. Both had the same traits. It's looking for crew. It is probably because I never use the trait screen does it make more sense to me. I look at the trait screen but then add crew in the ship selection screen.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you all for the feedback so far, very useful.

There are a few points that I might be able to address:

- there seems to be some confusion

I agree, if we're not looking for a single crew with the 2-3 traits on one node then that changes the game. In some ways, it would become easier as we just find crew with the most in scoàpe traits and throw them at it, but this doesn't agree what I've seen in gameplay, the FAQ, and the official videos of the feature.

It was 1701 Bashir because I was looking for a physician and a cyberneticist.